Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we optimize the game launcher now please?

Ratentaisou

The game's launcher is terrible whenever there's a new update or hotfix due to the really slow download speed that doesn't match with the real download speed of my internet, especially now during Railjack's launch where a hotfix is delivered almost every day.

Even after the update download is complete, I'll get stuck on "Checking for Updates" every single time and I'm always forced to wait it out for 5-7 hours due to there being no real definitive way to fix this and I've seen 0 developer's response this issue.

32 minutes ago, Ratentaisou said:

Even after the update download is complete, I'll get stuck on "Checking for Updates" every single time and I'm always forced to wait it out for 5-7 hours

That seems like an issue on your end, maybe with your ISP / Warframe install / hardware / whatever, updates have generally been quite fast for me.

Like, I just now downloaded the (~100 MB) Ivara Prime update, and it took less than a minute after clicking the Launcher before I was able to hit Play.

Edited by NinjaZeku

Have you made sure you have the ports set correctly and that nothing is blocking or limiting the connection (antivirus, firewall, PC settings, 3rd party programs, router, network admin, ISP etc)? Because having to wait hours for the download sounds like something is blocking the connection instead of being an issue with the launcher directly.

• 1 month later...
On 2019-12-18 at 3:53 AM, Leyvonne said:

Have you made sure you have the ports set correctly and that nothing is blocking or limiting the connection (antivirus, firewall, PC settings, 3rd party programs, router, network admin, ISP etc)? Because having to wait hours for the download sounds like something is blocking the connection instead of being an issue with the launcher directly.

what kind of program that blocking my connection?I've disabled my antivirus and firewall but still got 3KBps download speed. I think it depends on our location