Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thunderbolt- Nerf It Or Buff It?

kakai0

GOOD DAY EVERYONE...

I just want to ask something about the THUNDERBOLT mod...

As we all know that today Thunderbolt is very usefull... Its because of its update/buff lately...

Prior to Update 9.8, the base damage of Thunderbolt was fixed at 250. This meant mods such as Serration did not increase its damage. Additionally, when it proceed, it would replace the arrow's damage. This resulted in lower single target damage than if the arrow did not proc Thunderbolt's effect and dealt 'normal' damage. However, Update 9.8 fixed 'Thunderbolt's explosive damage from trumping impact damage'. Now 'projectile damage is applied first, then chance to to explode is checked.' (Taken from Thunderbolt page on WIKI)

In other words, Thunderbolt will not take over bow's damage but instead adds a 250 AOE damage with 30% of occurance while your bow will still have its full damage with all elemental damage and crits on the targeted enemy.

I experimented lately that lead to many questions...

I shut an arrow below my feet and it exploded... ( I used NYX with 540 shield and 540 Health) then it took out all my shields and took another 200 damage on my health and for my Paris - same crit build without Stormbringer)

I don't have Split chamber on my Paris...

So my question goes like this..

Is thunderbolt's damage being modified by elemental mods? or does it benefit from Vital sense mod?

I talked to very resourceful person lately with this issue and he told me that thunderbolt used to benefit from other riffle mods like crit and elemental mods and it was crazy but DEVs nerfed it... now the new update made this mod renown its name...

WHY DID THE DEVS NERFED IT? OP??? I don't think so... when you compare it to Ogris, this mod needs its effects back (when it used to benefit from other mods) then I'd say the weapons is really BALANCED since not everyone like the playstyle of bows.

Can anyone answer my question? It would really help... thanks!!

PEACE

Ogris -  Mastery rank 6

Paris (Tunderbolt) - Mastery rank 0.

They should not perform equally well.

They nerfed it because it was OP, and even though you can get Ogris now that behaves the same way, 

it has some requirements unlike the old Thunderbolt mod. Not sure if this was your question.

Ogris -  Mastery rank 6

They nerfed it because it was OP, and even though you can get Ogris now that behaves the same way, 

it has some requirements unlike the old Thunderbolt mod. Not sure if this was your question.

Not all of us are min-maxers. Some just want to play aestheticly and use bows. Nerfing this mod is like nerfing the bows themselves. Enjoy your aesthetic playstyle? TOO BAD USE OGRIS

Ogris -  Mastery rank 6

hmmm thats the main point I thought but in some cases that mastery rank is not really  followed like soma and supra...

They will, apparently, raise Somas mastery rank. What do you mean with supra? too high or too low?

I read some posts that soma now deals more damage over supra (this includes all aspect from recoil and accuracy) and I also ask a guy with connection to warframe about this issue on soma and supra and he confirmed it... though I think devs will eventually nerf those new weapons after sometimes...

I read some posts that soma now deals more damage over supra (this includes all aspect from recoil and accuracy) and I also ask a guy with connection to warframe about this issue on soma and supra and he confirmed it... though I think devs will eventually nerf those new weapons after sometimes...

I hope not, Soma is one of the few primaries suitable for end game, And Scott said in last livestream that he is just going to up the mastery requirement.

Then again they said they wouldn't nerf Vauban.

I hope not, Soma is one of the few primaries suitable for end game, And Scott said in last livestream that he is just going to up the mastery requirement.

they said soma is working as intended

and they nerfed Vauban? lol

I hope they will buff thunderbolt...

and they nerfed Vauban? lol

I hope they will buff thunderbolt...

I think there should be some kind of damage cap for it, simply because it doesn't require mastery, but at the same time it's a rare mod. So it shouldn't be as useful as ogris but it still should be powerful.

And yes they did, I admit they needed to change bastille but they said they wouldn't.

I think there should be some kind of damage cap for it, simply because it doesn't require mastery, but at the same time it's a rare mod. So it shouldn't be as useful as ogris but it still should be powerful.

And yes they did, I admit they needed to change bastille but they said they wouldn't.

the question is... how big/small is the perentage for a DEV to actually read this kind of thread and for the other thread...

They should have its base damage be dependent on the Bow's base damage. That way the mod can be useful throughout the life of the game without being hideously broken on low level Bows.

Dude, thats what the new update for THUNDERBOLT... it has now a separate damage aside from you bow damage...

I hope thats the case... this issue about thunderbolt really needs DEVS attention...

I've never seen anyone consider "Thunderbolt" an issue. There's a million other things in the game that need more attention so we shouldn't be attempting to make them force-read trivial things such as this.

I've never seen anyone consider "Thunderbolt" an issue. There's a million other things in the game that need more attention so we shouldn't be attempting to make them force-read trivial things such as this.

I misworded what I meant there... sorry... what i mean is that there are little chance for DEVS to read threads that actually has good point of views, not just crappy thread... and for me, thunderbolt really needs attention and Ive already mentioned it...