Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hope everyone can appraise recent updates and Empyrean rationally

Pekahiah

In this year, the atmosphere of sustaining DE is stronger than ever. Not only in the western, the atmosphere in Chinese circle is also more preaching than ever, nothing but “new contents are richer, DE is a small company we need to give DE time”, “new modes with a longer compulsion loop and bugs can increase addictions”. However, actually, WF has never been a game designed to satisfy players.

This game has always been seeking development in the profits and bugs, the inevitable result is untested & obvious bugs and crude & reused models (seems to be changed some tiny parts in hotfix 27.0.5), a lower player number and diversity.

Some players “enjoy” settlement bugs, others “like” dropping out of map bugs, some only play model penetration bugs (like moon rescue and void survive), also some focus on host migration bugs (to freeze the hydrolyst to complete 6x3). These all kinds of bugs are designed as intrinsic parts of WF before updates, after all, the original intention of writing bugs can be dated back to 10 years ago or even earlier.

Including recent the old blood and empyrean updates, developers have planned bugs and written them deliberately, it's a process that bugs were completed by a full-time developer day by day, not just for satisfying consumers' joys.

After the old blood update, someone asked: “Why the bug causing tralls can drop requiem mods can be fixed within 1 hr, bugs causing some melee mods like weeping wounds don’t work remain days?  I don’t like to see some mods quit the game because of melee phase 2. Can these bugs be fixed sooner?” DE waited 1 or 2 weeks to fix them to tell us “NO.” It can be indicated that they have their own thinking while designing these annoying bugs, not so-called “they need to go off work on time”.

Gamers always only ask for conveniences, but obviously, as a developer, DE need a larger, considered and long-term plan to sustain their profit rate. Present every reused model, every funny bug, every random loop without return in every mode is one piece of the jigsaw of the low-cost and short-time manufacture.

We play WF coz a certain part of this game attracted us, if you’re unsatisfied with other parts, then just ignore them and pay for loots. Being irresponsible for the game itself with the excuse of lacking staff and funding is just exposing superficiality. As online population after updates and reviews indicated, WF certainly will open a new chapter of the story. There will be more criticism and advice, if you don’t like them plz treat these changes more rationally, instead of complaining “disappointed, players changed”.

Hope everyone can enjoy, Tenno!

Edited by Pekahiah
  • Like 1

Someone (not the admin, I was wrong, I apologize) in simplified Chinese community post a topic to give excuses for DE, then I post a topic with the same title and form in simplified Chinese community.

However, my topic was deleted even myself can't find any insulting words and I didn't receive any notifications.

I suppose there is "liberty of expression" in this forum to some extent.

Edited by Pekahiah

1 minute ago, Pekahiah said:

The admin of simplified Chinese region post a topic to give excuses for DE, then I post a similar topic in simplified Chinese community in the same form as the admin's.

However, my topic was deleted even myself can't find insulting words and I didn't receive any notifications.

I suppose there is "liberty of expression" in this forum to some extent.

You can say anything in this forum as long as you give endless praise to DE.

My points are:

1. We can accept bugs, but they shouldn't be so easy to be found after update. This is just being irresponsible.

2. Models can be reused, they're reused in normal modes and we have already accepted, but give uncompleted contents after weeks' working?

3. We don't mind hrs' to days' farming, only if they're worth it. I can't see any hope to get liches with new weapons and z house bulkhead. At least DE permit us to trade liches, but I don't have even a v house bulkhead.

18 minutes ago, ZergHydra said:

The most interesting part is, DE just don't play their game. If they actually do, they will find it sucks instead of being cooooooooooooooooooooool when facing so many bugs

There are Streams every day of Staff playing the "new content" sometimes they find bugs, some times they dont,most of the times dont since it isnt a 1h stream.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

There are Streams every day of Staff playing the "new content" sometimes they find bugs, some times they dont,most of the times dont since it isnt a 1h stream.

Many times with God mode on or playing on "high level content", ya know, level 35 like they did with Disruption.

Show me them playing against a rank 5 lich (which isn't hard if you're prepared). Then I might bother watching them play something, because everytime I've seen them play, it's been on starchart level enemies. 

3 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Many times with God mode on or playing on "high level content", ya know, level 35 like they did with Disruption.

Show me them playing against a rank 5 lich (which isn't hard if you're prepared). Then I might bother watching them play something, because everytime I've seen them play, it's been on starchart level enemies. 

They did in the last Prime Time buddy. (if not the last the one before I believe)

Edited by (PS4)Cephalon_Hope

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Not really man. People just have to learn to carefully craft a mature response.

Think about the way some of these people post, then imagine you're on the DE team.

Are you gonna berate a waiter or waitress cause your order wasnt right? Probably not the best way to go about doing things.

People make mistakes and people have to listen to their superiors. But you still have to talk to people in a decent way.

2 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

People make mistakes and people have to listen to their superiors. But you still have to talk to people in a decent way.

Both of these points are very true. Just a shame that we've been telling DE exactly how they can fix the 'order' or that something is wrong, yet DE just returns it to us and says "nah, you're wrong", which is spot on for how they handled The Old Blood. All they did was move some of the food around on the plate, flipped over the steak and said "see, see we did something are you happy now?" instead of fixing the core issues players had. Some are happy with the changes, not realizing nothing actually changed, the core issues are still there. Now we're stuck with it for at least a few more weeks (at the very least) while they move on to "greater" things.

And being civil helps, they are human after all. It just really hurts when they not only don't respond, but even acknowledge the problem exists. It is a two way street too.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

If railjack update was just dropped randomly and were like hey it's really early on please test this stuff I wouldn't nowhere be as harsh on it.

But no they rushed out a alpha build to cash in on Game Awards visibility boost.

^This

I have had to restart my game / relog due to crashes more times in the last 6 days than all of 2019 combined. It was a horrendous launch, and there's no excuse why they had to rush this out. New content is good, but new content that is a complete mess is not. Not to mention Kuva Liches are still a mess from November.

• Like 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb Voltage:

have had to restart my game / relog due to crashes more times in the last 6 days than all of 2019 combined. It was a horrendous launch, and there's no excuse why they had to rush this out

The Game Awards want to have a call with you. ;P No idea why they wanted to it to be a "semi optimal" pr launch . Even the pre launch Dev Stream was postponed a few minutes to get a quick fix at the code. So my personal guess is they had no stable release version even then available which worries me for the future.

• Like 2

I mean the one thing DE did well on is keeping your stuff if you're forced to alt f4 or abandon after a skirmish is complete. Still a pain in the ass to have to do that so many times but keeping everything (at least in my experience) is definitely a big plus.

Still though, a fair few things with railjack honestly don't make it seem like they really tried it with a full squad with no cheats on Veil/high Saturn with no talking. The fact no foot loot was shared, loot drops fly off in to the distance and that the "refine" button exists is pretty stupid when apparently not clicking it makes no difference to clicking it (aside from rank 9 engineer or w/e.)

EDIT: should also add, enemies don't drop loot when they die, they drop loot when the craft explodes (which makes logical sense I guess.) No other enemy I can think of only drops loot when their corpse vanishes, having it be that way in Railjack is annoying when enemies are pretty fast and fly off behind you after being killed. 

Edited by More-L
stuff

Rationality went out the window, for me, the second time someone killed a Galleon boss, got the BP drop, and didn't wait to share it with everyone in the squad. What kind of a moron designs a loot system like that. DE that is who.

Edited by xxAutoxx
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, ChaosSabre said:

If railjack update was just dropped randomly and were like hey it's really early on please test this stuff I wouldn't nowhere be as harsh on it.

But no they rushed out a alpha build to cash in on Game Awards visibility boost.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

^This

I have had to restart my game / relog due to crashes more times in the last 6 days than all of 2019 combined. It was a horrendous launch, and there's no excuse why they had to rush this out. New content is good, but new content that is a complete mess is not. Not to mention Kuva Liches are still a mess from November.

To be fair, they've said several times that the "mission 1" release of Empyrean will be a very early release to the public so they can get the feedback needed regarding both balance and bugs. For me it has been close to bug free. I've had to leave 2 missions because of bugs and I've done all 3 sectors with alot of extra mission grind in sector 2 and 3. Outside of that the only bugs I've had have been visual bugs at most like having all archwing weapons equipped on ground aswell as 2 non-visual bugs related to slighshot and sitting in the pilot seat of crewships when they blow up. The slighshot bug results in archwing weapons not deploying if you hit a ship that dies on impact and the crewship pilot bug results in you getting your regular gun to use while in AW mode if you are the pilot when reactor blows.

The two bugs I had to quit missions for was one that got me stuck in AW mode, which is likely a client/host issue and the other was me getting stuck after finishing the hangar objective. That last bug forced me to quit the mission since I didnt have the teleport at the time. And after yesterdays patch I've had zero issues aside from AW weapons being visually equipped on ground at times.

they play too much in the addiction process than the actual fun. Just look at the new updated, it's basically more grind added independent of the core game.

It's easier and more profitable to create rng than a sustainable and fun content that is coherent within the game.

I can't blame them but this is not the game that I liked and hoped it would be...

They have really great and promising ideas, but it is not enough, you have to make it work coherently without damaging what has been established, on the contrary it should sublimate it.

And It's rationally not the case here.

3 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

It can but will always be overshadowed by the blindly loyal fanbase.

No not really. Usually when there is no update ppl complain, discuss and theorize and when there's an update ppl are upset and only a few ppl makes a post about how great the update is after 2 days later.

There isn't a blindly loyal fanbase present on the forums either. At least im not aware of any kind of group that jumps on posts that have negative criticism.

14 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

36 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

It can but will always be overshadowed by the blindly loyal fanbase.

I don't know what forums you're reading. Whenever I'm here, all I see is endless whining. Stop making $#!% up to fuel your agenda.

Edited by (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter