Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replacing The Lore Button With A Database!

Arlayn

The Lore button is great and all DE,

Warframe0217_zps42f3e4d7.png

but it should go, and be replaced with something more detailed. Sure its cool to hit the lore button look at the dioramas, read the lore, but I think we should get more in-depth info, and maybe something that can be turned into a helpful database... that's right replace Lore with a Database!

Give the player a database about enemies, and bosses they fought, weapons they use, put the lore section in it too. About moves and what not and heavily describe them and give notes, and tips and tips when it is needed, and how it is useful...

Like have it when you open the database it covers the whole screen with its own UI. It then goes into heavy detail like the Age of Empires History section that you can click on, and when you click that on the right side is the info, on the left side is sections you can click on about tactics, and nations, history, along with lifestyle, but on here in Warframe it would be like factions, lifestyle, and tactics, etc...

This is how this UI should look. The Database should include-

(Note- " " this infront of section means its a main section and "-" are sections under that section until another section appears with a " " which means its a new section. Sections with "--" or "---" are simply more indepth sections covering details in said section. Such as under the Faction section you would find "-Grineer, -Corpus, and -Infested" and under Grineer you find things like "--Enemies, and --Weapons" so on and so forth)

(Note2- This is a basic version of it. It would be more detailed have far more enemies, and weapons in the real one. The Tenno I guess would have their own section under faction giving more detail like maybe hints on who Alpha team is?)

Faction

-Grineer

--Enemies

---Roller

---Grineer Lancer

----Detailed info on Grineer Lancer position

--Weapons

--tactics against them

--Bosses

--Their Lore

--Locations (The Grineer ship, and the desert outpost more detail on those, and lore)

-Corpus

--Enemies

--Weapons

--tactics against them

--Bosses

--Their Lore

--Locations (The Corpus ship, and the snow outpost more detail on those, and lore)

-Infested

--Enemies

--Weapons

--tactics against them

--Bosses

--Their Lore

--Locations (Orokin Derelict)

--Biology (growths, evolution, etc)

-Orokin AI

--Enemies

--Weapons

--tactics against them

--Bosses (none yet)

--Their Lore

--Locations (The Void)

Planets

-Mercury

--Locations

---So-So Asteroid

----Details on said asteroid, and what is mined.

----Lore

---So-So Fleet

----Lore

----Details on said fleet, and duties.

--Lore

--Details on faction ownership(Plus a pie chart on how much of said planet belongs to who. Since some of the planets have both infested, and grineer on it

--Infested infection levels

-Venus

--Fauna

--Lore

-Earth

--Lore

--Fauna

--Wildlife

-Mars

-Saturn

-Jupiter

-Phobos

--Fauna

--Wildlife

---Skate

--Lore

-Uranus

-Neptune

-Pluto

-Eris

-Ceres

-Europa

-Sedna

Lore

-Historic Events

-- Operation Sling Stone

-- Other events of the like

-Lore of Tenno

-Lore so far in game

Warframes

- Construction

-Lore

-Tactics

-Types

--Excalibur

---Lore behind Excalibur

---uses

---Tactics

--- Other info DE would like to add on said warframe

--Other warframes etc

-Other info on Warframes that DE wishes to release

Weapons

-Braton

--Lore

--Company that currently builds them

--Tactics

--Further details on weapon such as size, bullet appearance, etc

-Gorgon

-Latron

-etc....

Tactics (movements)

-Wall running

--Explanation on how to do it (with video that comes with buttons along side it showing how to do the wall run)

-- Wall running explanations to jump from wall to wall to climb up

--Advanced wall running techniques (for helpful use)

-Crouching

-Sneak attacks

-etc...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The purpose of this is to give room to tell more stories about enemies, teach new players how to fight them, and if they fought them and forgot where they are they could check the Database. Lets say they want to learn wall running they can come to Database look under Tactics, then go under Wall running and learn how to do it, and tips, and tricks about it, and where it can be used to be of use. Such as hints on what surfaces it is best used on (pictures of such)

Lets say I want to know more about the weapon I am using in a lore, and specific information use. I can open up Database, go to weapons, look through the weapons I have owned in the past, or currently own and learn about their lore, their specifications(Build, size, bullets) Who built them originally, who builds them now. The type of damage they deal, tips and tricks on their use, and how they benefit most in which combat situations?

Fighting Infested? Maybe you have at least hit a Infested Ancients weakpoint, but either not sure, or can't remember. You can go back to your data base, and pull up its file under enemies. You could learn about its weakness, how slow they move, what enrages them to start running, the lore on them, and the best ways to fight them, tactics that have been discovered by the Lotus, and possibly her elite teams of Tenno as they did battle with the infested.

Curious about the dangers of a certain tileset? Play a tileset once and then check the database. Learn all about which enemies usually spawn there. What dangers lurk there. Known tactics for fighting enemies in said location.

This would help new players as a whole, create a better Lore database, and give people official information to look at when they want to know something. Wall running as it is, is not explained to new players. More experienced players have to explain it to them, but a system where there is videos showing button timings, or pictures of good surfaces to try wall running, and tips on the best times to use it would be helpful to those new players who want to know how to play the game better.

Not everyone as we know go to the Forums, not everyone goes to the wiki page... We know this, and I think we should address these people by not forcing them to come to the forums, and wiki, but instead by filling out a database for them to construct on their own via meetings with enemies, locations, weapons, Warframes they have used, and been to. This would make the player feel like they are collecting information on the go, and make it exciting for them to go to all these places, see these things, kill this, and that just so they can fill out the database and learn all they can about the Warframe Universe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had also brought this up in fan concept, but eventually felt it needs a mention on the UI Feedback section. So I decided to move one of the quotes over that really supported it even if it is small.

Yes I support this.

The wiki should be in the game, its totally gamebreaking to alt-tab to search the wiki.

I have some aditional suggestions.
Log files. In game a log computer should save everything in a stat file.
time played, xp, lotus comments, kills, revives, missions, bosses.

This is fun to review, good for the devs and creates a living journal.

Ships and machines section.
Technology section.

Timeline, fills up as you play and tells the story so far.

Previews of things for recognition.

Great work posting this!

Edited by Arlayn

Why not two seperate sections... Lore and the Database? Lore can be reserved for things like Vor's Prize or the events and the Database can be essentially everything else.

The Lore section is in the database.

Lore

-Historic Events

-- Operation Sling Stone

-- Other events of the like

-Lore of Tenno

-Lore so far in game

Vor's prize would be under either Lore so far in game(Not going to be really named that), Historic events, or under his Boss profile in the faction section.

Completely agreed. Great work on that lore "Exemple" (That should be like this in game...)

I would absolutely love it if it was executed like this however I think it should have a scroller on the left side, and then have the sections in like spoiler open and closers. For example click faction then abunch of sections pop out under it, and then click enemies and then get a list a of enemies, so on, and so forth.

Would be fun. (would also be cool if it was in the escape menu during gameplay so new players can access it when they are having trouble like wall running, should also be mentioned by the Lotus that new players can use it as an aid even though they will be sitting ducks. I guess Lotus should warn them to check the database from a safe spot.)

I feel like this is something that should be accessed via a console or something. Make it feel like you are actually a Tenno pulling up library records. It would fit nicely with the starmap setup I was talking about here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/107237-mega-suggestions-dojo-as-lobby-armory-hangar-and-personal-quarters/page-3#entry1343935.

Yours is a lot more in depth than mine xD, ages ago I did have a basic image depiction of a bestiary type Database. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/97025-lore-a-progressive-implementation-for-enemy-databases/

+1

Thank you... you know I forgot to add fauna. There is some plants growing around the Corpus snow bases, and we still don't know what the trees are growing through the void, and derelict.

I feel like this is something that should be accessed via a console or something. Make it feel like you are actually a Tenno pulling up library records. It would fit nicely with the starmap setup I was talking about here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/107237-mega-suggestions-dojo-as-lobby-armory-hangar-and-personal-quarters/page-3#entry1343935.

It could be accessed via a console, but not everyone will have a dojo you know... which would be sad that not everyone will be able to enjoy it.

Excellent job fleshing this all out. As long as it is unlocked as the player unlocks it ie you don't get Gorgon info until you build one kinda thing. And I think 'Locations' should be replaced with 'Planets' DE have said that they want each planet to have it's own tileset eventually so it would be nice to bump both the lore behind the setting and the planet into one.

Excellent job fleshing this all out. As long as it is unlocked as the player unlocks it ie you don't get Gorgon info until you build one kinda thing. And I think 'Locations' should be replaced with 'Planets' DE have said that they want each planet to have it's own tileset eventually so it would be nice to bump both the lore behind the setting and the planet into one.

Even better idea what if...

Under each faction the Location just says what planets they are on.

Then a separate Section all on its own.

Planets

-Mercury

--Locations

---So-So Asteroid

----Details on said asteroid, and what is mined.

----Lore

---So-So Fleet

----Lore

----Details on said fleet, and duties.

--Lore

--Details on faction ownership(Plus a pie chart on how much of said planet belongs to who. Since some of the planets have both infested, and grineer on it

--Infested infection levels

-Venus

--Fauna

--Lore

-Earth

--Lore

--Fauna

--Wildlife

-Mars

-Saturn

-Jupiter

-Phobos