Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How was Lua destroyed?

OptimisticYeti2416

Pardon me if I've posted this in the wrong section, this is my first post on this forum...

Since finishing the Second Dream quest, while it is clear to me that the moon was destroyed in the Old War, it isn't as clear to me as to what means was used to destroy such a large settlement, not to mention one of the seats of the Orokin empire. And that too at such an unimaginable magnitude - the whole structure is blown to the core, with asteroids having flown out and orbiting its remains that are now loosely held together with the golden rings at the axes. Can someone enlighten me what was used to destroy the moon as badly as it is depicted? I've looked about the forums, and I cannot find a single thread regarding this... (or I'm just terrible at looking for it lol.)

Edited by OptimisticYeti2416

5 hours ago, OptimisticYeti2416 said:

Pardon me if I've posted this in the wrong section, this is my first post on this forum...

Since finishing the Second Dream quest, while it is clear to me that the moon was destroyed in the Old War, it isn't as clear to me as to what means was used to destroy such a large settlement, not to mention one of the seats of the Orokin empire. And that too at such an unimaginable magnitude - the whole structure is blown to the core, with asteroids having flown out and orbiting its remains that are now loosely held together with the golden rings at the axes. Can someone enlighten me what was used to destroy the moon as badly as it is depicted? I've looked about the forums, and I cannot find a single thread regarding this... (or I'm just terrible at looking for it lol.)

From what I can guess, like every other planet, it was because of the Orokin.

The Orokin basically made a grid around Lua, obviously having such a massive structure would rek the moon, add the whole go in and out the Void and Lua suffers even more damage.

13 hours ago, novalery said:

Mom pulled the moon into the void. And there it lies for centuries without maintenance. i’m guessing those actions have something to do with it

Considering all that the void can do to practically everything, I do kinda agree... Maybe it was damaged further while it was put into the void.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

From what I can guess, like every other planet, it was because of the Orokin.

The Orokin basically made a grid around Lua, obviously having such a massive structure would rek the moon, add the whole go in and out the Void and Lua suffers even more damage.

Yeah agree

11 hours ago, ---EG---Zexal said:

You'll see how it was destroyed by doing the Erra quest. 

Ah okay, I'll check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that we do not know the details.  For what little is know 
Quote="Wiki"
Gold rings circle and encapsulate the desolate moonscape – lavish architecture signifying the Orokin mastery over all things natural and technological during their reign. The opalescent halls stitching together what the enemy destroyed have been vacated since that era came to an end.
/quote

Speculation and observation: 
From the tileset we can observe that Moon is/was built. It houses the the seven trials of principles as well prison. Both for the 'Rejects' as well as other holding cells. We obtain Vitruvian entries from hidden room on Lua so executors or their close agents were present. Clearly moon  was greatly utilized. Even by the higher ranks of the Orokin. 

Yet... The moon is quite intact. At least compared to other places on the origin system. (yes, Orokin towers in void are untouched, but who knows how time flows there? Some time distortion is present even on Lua.) 

Speculation: Moon was a priority target by the Sentients in the old war. Maybe to cripple the leadership of the opposition or at least distraction from indirect avenues of attack. 

All life seems to have been eradicated. This maybe as per design or maybe Void is poison to life in general. Makes sense since Zaruman 10-0 wasn't exactly nice place to live after void shields collapsed. 

What damage we observe is result of both Void transition and sentient attack. 

Waiting for Starlordd and others to do video about this. 😉

• 1 year later...

From my long expedition into Lua I can assume that the Aboriforms (The white roots and trees that are connected to Orokin structures consoles and etc) started growing out of control. If you look at Lua from your orbiter you can see that the Arboriforms are coming from the very core of the planet. Since Lua was abandoned inside the void for a long period of time I assume that the Aboriforms growing out of control started to grow inside the structues and rocks making them colapse into eachother. If you do any Lua mission you can see the Aboriforms invading the structures and you also can see the Lua's rectangular rocks inside structures implying even more that either the Aboriforms or the transition from the current location to the Void made the planet's structure weaker (We also can't ignore the fact that it suffered from the previous sentient attack). But since we don't have much information about that I can't confirm if that was really what happened to Lua.

Edited by TheHobbitPrime
Mistyping

On 2020-01-02 at 12:32 PM, (XBOX)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

Maybe ripping an already fragile planet through space and time into the endless abyss of space has something to do with it

It sure didn't help, but the Moon was the seat of the Orokin government and the Sentients had a pretty good go at it. 

wait something happend to lua??? i thought the damage to its surface was due to the stalker trying to colapse the something (pocket void?) to kill us and to save the lua we had to hit the eject button which was kinda a vileont jolt for the place which is why when you walk around the place some things are only now falling down as we wrecked lua by our abrupt returning it

we rushed it now the place is trashed well done

23 hours ago, lowgrav said:

wait something happend to lua??? i thought the damage to its surface was due to the stalker trying to colapse the something (pocket void?) to kill us and to save the lua we had to hit the eject button which was kinda a vileont jolt for the place which is why when you walk around the place some things are only now falling down as we wrecked lua by our abrupt returning it

we rushed it now the place is trashed well done

Replay Erra Cinematic. Lua was already f*cked up even back in the Old War.