Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you train weapons you don't like?

(NSW)Q.Mulative

Right now I have the Tetra in my loadout, and while it has a good "pew-pew-pew" to it, and the bouncing bullets idea is nice, I'm at MR 10 and I just can't seem to find a good combination of mods to make this thing really useful & fun, and I'll have to wait 10 ranks before I can get the room to try out more mods.

Even missions on Venus, using Equinox Prime to put enemies to sleep and then headshotting them takes 5 or 6 shots per kill.  This thing seems like it'd be really unusable in my usual training areas

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Q.Mulative said:

Right now I have the Tetra in my loadout, and while it has a good "pew-pew-pew" to it, and the bouncing bullets idea is nice, I'm at MR 10 and I just can't seem to find a good combination of mods to make this thing really useful & fun, and I'll have to wait 10 ranks before I can get the room to try out more mods.

Even missions on Venus, using Equinox Prime to put enemies to sleep and then headshotting them takes 5 or 6 shots per kill.  This thing seems like it'd be really unusable in my usual training areas

First, you can go to Helene on Saturn or Hydron on Sedna to level it very fast. Second, there is a Prisma Tetra. The normal Tetra is only a Mastery Fodder weapon because it has a better version of it. Level it and get rid of it.

Grind them out, then relegate them to the ash-heap of tenno history. 

Or not bother with them to begin with. I know what I like and if it's obvious I'm not going to like it, I don't bother. 

Grinding them out usually consists of just equipping them and ignoring them while I use and do other stuff. Sometimes, a weapon surprises me and it actually gets use and might even not get relegated to the AHoTH. 

What it really comes down to is you just do it and drive on. 

Play with max ranked weapons you like or/and level some you don't dislike that much you wouldn't like to have them on your loadout, then take care of the leveling when you have an affinity booster, whether it's a weapon you dislike, or just things you put a forma on. Or you could kinda do a mix of those since shared affinity.

You know.  It's gonna sound weird but after the MK and the regular Braton the Tetra was my second rifle and while I know it's not optimal and I sold it eventually, I had a hard time parting with it because of the memories I had killing Graneer with it. 

But I leveled it solo and with groups to get it faster.  

RIP Tetra.  We had some good times.  

If you want it viable just use the "standart build" for most primaries, but ignore crit chance and crit damage because it has a 4% base.
If you don't know what standart is...it's damage, multishot(standart one + vigilante armaments) , the 3 60/60 mods for corrosive+ heat and you are left with two extra slots
One I would suggest fire rate, because the normal tetra doesn't shoot that well and the other - whatever even a 90 element mod or the special mod suggested above Kinetic Ricochet
All of your mods have to be leveled up to the max for you to test any weapon normally.You have to put a potato in and some forma to fit all the mods.

All that said, get the prisma tetra when you can, it is way better if you like that weapon.

Edited by vegetosayajin

Equipping fewer weapons makes leveling them in a group go faster, i.e., shared affinity gets divided between weapons. So  go to hydron or Helene, wait for a full squad and use two weapons at the least, or sweat it out with the crappy weapon.

Another option is to use an exhaulted weapon to clear the mission and just carry the weapon you want to level. I’ve done this with Titania and Excalibur.

Slap on some mods without potato, and jump into Adaro when I have a bit of time, bringing a damage booster frame like Saryn or Chroma if necessary. Do this repeatedly but spread out over a number of days until it hits 30. Evaluate my results. If I still see potential in it, throw it into cold storage. If not, sell to free up a weapon slot.

Unless it's a melee weapon, at which point I bring Ivara to Pago at the Kuva Fortress. 0 to 30 in a single run with booster.

Edited by KnossosTNC

50 minutes ago, (NSW)Q.Mulative said:

Welcome Tenno. As others said, Helene, Hydron, or ESO. 

There are 2 main ways to level gear. First is actively like you have been doing, and second is through passive shared affinity gain. We'll talk about the second option. 

Whenever anyone near you kills an enemy, you gain the same amount of affinity as if you had done the killing. It is split over your gear including your warframe. 

Small tight maps like Helene and Hydron are perfect for staying near everyone else and getting the job done efficiently. 

Another factor is that infested don't give as much affinity as other factions, like Grineer. So while dark sectors may seem like a good idea, you have better options. 

Good luck, Tenno. 

Remove all other weapons except the one you want to level. Run a Sedna-Hydron defense mission to round 15 with a warframe that has good clearing abilities like revenant, saryn, ember, vauban, limbo, frost, wisp, valkyr etc. As long as you have a full team you should max out a weapon in one run.

You could skip it.

There's very little benefit from mastery ranks above 17 other than daily caps..
and you can get to 27 while skipping many many weapons.

Really, you're under no obligation to fully level anything you don't like.
There are hundreds of other weapons.. just... skip it.

If you want to show DE something fun in their usage stats, delete it before it's finished.
That happens enough they'll know there's something critically wrong with it.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Q.Mulative said:

Where can I train to level stuff

Sorry I edited down your post to the boiling points, but where most people level thier weapons is hydron or ESO, you may find a few at the void defense one.

just try your best to stay alive and shoot things, just let the people carry you.

1 hour ago, LazyKnight said:

I run spy mission over and over with just that weapon equipped. I do so for the Void Relic that can be awarded and spy mission can be done rather quickly. There are faster ways but that's what i tend to fallback on for whatever reason.

I do Pavlov a fair bit (still need High Noon to drop) and Limbo laughs at the lasers and whatnot there 🤣