Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Trade-Offs(Weapons And Warframes)

Zenn

I'm going to be just plain here, everyone knows that using certain weapons and certain warframes requires at least some change in tactics. A example of this are the 2 LMGs you can build without labs, the Gorgon and the Soma. The Gorgon does more damage than the Soma, unmodded, but the weapon's "spin-up" time is much longer than the Soma and is not as accurate at long range. The Soma, as one player in a session I had said, "It's like a Automatic Latron :D". The Soma has better accuracy and "spin-up" time, however, it lacks in damage. The Gorgon and the Soma are not the focus, merely there as a example. Anyone can say that certain weapons and frames are better than others and others are useless, this is a wrong way of thinking. Mostly, weapons and warframes are personal preference, such as that I wouldn't Nekros cause I believe the frame is a disgrace to the Warframe line(Until that Dragon Warframe concept becomes real, then I'll forgive the Design Council), but then someone else will say that it's a great frame out there. Don't say a weapon sucks is you don't like it and never used it. If you have and it didn't work for you, then it's your preference. The Gremlin pistols are very powerful, but they need time to travel, making them harder to target for farther targets. Every frame and weapon has a trade off for their category. So let's not get hostile over what we think of a weapon or frame that we don't like.

So kcs_e067bbc3.png

I think you two are missing the point of the topic: Every weapon has pros and cons compared to similar counterpart. This has nothing to do with if the Soma is better. Stay on the subject, please.

Excludes Shadow977 from the other 2 repliers.

Edited by Zenn

So what are the pros of Cronus?

EDIT: btw, your example with Gorgon vs. Soma is stupid. Soma is better in every way. Damage per bullet is just you clutching at straws since with these guns, damage per bullet isn't really important as it's low in both cases. Damage per second is what counts here. Soma has 14x higher crit chance, double crit damage, higher clip, higher firing speed, faster reload, higher accuracy, 2 V slots vs none on Gorgon, both are rank 3 mastery, both are on marketplace AND they have similar cost to build.

There is NO reason to get Gorgon with Soma around. None whatsoever.

Edited by Balerion84

It's only a little faster than the Skana, but compared to the Plasma Long Sword, which has 33% more damage than the Cronus on slide attacks, is weaker in that aspect. Like the Gram has 40 base damage but slower, the Galatine has a much higher Charged attack damage of 400(Gram: 200) and is slightly faster than the Gram but 0.15 per second. Every weapon has slight changes, making them different to handle. Like you can't handle a Hate like you would a Kama, different weapon types with different stats.

Added 9:44, -5:00GMT, Oct 3rd: The Gorgon is more for medium-short, the Soma is medium-long range. It's not a means of what weapon is better, its a matter of the situation in which you are in. Also, place a post instead of "Edit" or otherwise I will report it. Reason I edited this to keep it with the post above. Please reply next time.

Edited by Zenn

It's only a little faster than the Skana, but compared to the Plasma Long Sword, which has 33% more damage than the Cronus on slide attacks, is weaker in that aspect. Like the Gram has 40 base damage but slower, the Galatine has a much higher Charged attack damage of 400(Gram: 200) and is slightly faster than the Gram but 0.15 per second. Every weapon has slight changes, making them different to handle. Like you can't handle a Hate like you would a Kama, different weapon types with different stats.

What are you talking about here? I asked you about Cronus, not Plasma sword. If you have Plasma Sword, which is alert only btw, you have no reason to use Cronus. So Cronus becomes useless.

Also, I've edited my previous post.

Edited by Balerion84

I'm gonna' have to disagree. In every online co-op game I've played, most of the community could give less than two craps about "personal preference"-- they're all looking to achieve that golden number, that DPS. A community will find out, and they'll spread that knowledge rapidly, when one weapon obviously puts out more DPS and is preferable to another weapon. And they'll use it, and when devs look at the numbers, they'll see a huge difference in usage.

That's usually how you see which weapons need balancing.

Added 9:44, -5:00GMT, Oct 3rd: The Gorgon is more for medium-short, the Soma is medium-long range. It's not a means of what weapon is better, its a matter of the situation in which you are in. Also, place a post instead of "Edit" or otherwise I will report it. Reason I edited this to keep it with the post above. Please reply next time.

Again, wrong. Gorgorn is only good at short-medium range, while Soma can be used for short, medium AND long range thanks to its superior accuracy.

There's NO situation in the game where the Gorgon would be better than Soma. None. IF Soma would be rank 8 mastery weapon, then, and only then you'd be able to say that Gorgon has its use. But since that's not the case, Gorgon is only good for mastery points.

Edited by Balerion84

The two people that responded to this, Shadow977 and TheResult seem to understand the reasoning of the post and discussing it. I had gotten the Jaw Sword, a long sword, and I know what some will say, "IT SUX!1!!", which is pointless to say. The Cronus may be better, but its way too common of a sword, no point building it If you beat Vor a million times. Doesn't mean someone else will do the same. Currently, my Seer pistol had finished building, haven't claimed it, but I was surprised to find the pistol is "Silent" for noise on the Wiki description. Say's to be better than the Lex, but it being a silent weapon, it adds a different play style and favors the stealth methods of taking enemies down. The Paris, once a favorite weapon, got nerfed when I built a second one. Use to kill on headshots at lvl 1, but not any more. It's still a preference of whether the person wants a weapon for its damage or for its look. Mods fix everything else for it.

the point of this thread is to make yourself feel better when using inferior weapons

that's all, let's not pretend it's something else

This.

If you feel like using Gorgon over Soma, it's your choice and you don't have to justify yourself. But if you're looking for a reason besides personnal preference, you'll find none. Soma is better than Gorgon IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE AND IMAGINABLE.

It's not even like seer/lex with the seer having the perk of being silent, the gorgon have litterally NOTHING the soma has, but better.

I'll say it again, there is no problem with using "inferior weapons", but if the forums tells you it's blatantly inferior, don't argue. You have your answer, now you're free to do whatever you want with it. Disregard it and use the gorgon anyways, take the soma, or just use both according to your mood. I don't care.

I imagine a lot of people playing this game will defend outstandingly-inferior weapons, because they might have Forma'd or Potato'd the weapon without comparing it to the superior version first. Then it's less of a case of "personal preference", and more of a case of "I screwed up, but I won't admit it".

The two people that responded to this, Shadow977 and TheResult seem to understand the reasoning of the post and discussing it.

Trust me, we understand the reasoning behind this post perfectly well. We all just disagree with it, and for reasons that you seem to be continually rejecting.

I'm going to be just plain here, everyone knows that using certain weapons and certain warframes requires at least some change in tactics. A example of this are the 2 LMGs you can build without labs, the Gorgon and the Soma. The Gorgon does more damage than the Soma, unmodded, but the weapon's "spin-up" time is much longer than the Soma and is not as accurate at long range. The Soma, as one player in a session I had said, "It's like a Automatic Latron :D". The Soma has better accuracy and "spin-up" time, however, it lacks in damage. The Gorgon and the Soma are not the focus, merely there as a example. Anyone can say that certain weapons and frames are better than others and others are useless, this is a wrong way of thinking. Mostly, weapons and warframes are personal preference, such as that I wouldn't Nekros cause I believe the frame is a disgrace to the Warframe line(Until that Dragon Warframe concept becomes real, then I'll forgive the Design Council), but then someone else will say that it's a great frame out there. Don't say a weapon sucks is you don't like it and never used it. If you have and it didn't work for you, then it's your preference. The Gremlin pistols are very powerful, but they need time to travel, making them harder to target for farther targets. Every frame and weapon has a trade off for their category. So let's not get hostile over what we think of a weapon or frame that we don't like.

So kcs_e067bbc3.png

You clearly haven't used soma or gorgon if u think soma lacks damage. Frame drawbacks are easy to overcome when you have quick thinking and Rage or other decent mods. And I felt no drawback with my Nyx.