Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which stats to prioritize in zaws?

RandomTrollz

Question

Status vs Crit. Dmg vs Speed. One handed vs two handed or which weapon types are better for each strike.

Prob crit since crit is really good with the new melee. Then it's either max speed or max dmg or speed till a certain amount. Not sure about weap type.

I want to make a zaw for each strike for MR but I also want to make the best possible combination.

Edited by RandomTrollz

5 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Reakacemrz said:

damage is nothing without  speed so i personally thing speed is the most important   and for status or crit  for melee i choose  crit first  than status  so high cit high speed is the best

How about one handed vs two handed or if there is not one that is better than the other for all the strikes which weapon type for each strike.

Edited by RandomTrollz

It is a modular melee weapon.
Just build the weapon you prefer.
I myself prefer nikana design.
Fast and lots of crit is what I went with.

If you prefer heavy blade make one of that. Maybe go with crit and damage.

The whole point imo is to build a melee weapon that you WANT/LIKE.
The parts arent that expensive either.
So you can try making the same weapon but 1 focus on crit the other on status and so on and so on.
Then try them both and see wich one you prefer.

13 hours ago, RandomTrollz said:

How about one handed vs two handed or if there is not one that is better than the other for all the strikes which weapon type for each strike.

right now if u r thinking of investing on zaws build nikinas its faster and does more damage  i personally thing the latest update made the zaws a bit lacking in power and every  thing

so nikinas r better or just build a high crit polarm  ans right now crit is king

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RandomTrollz said:

Status vs Crit. Dmg vs Speed. One handed vs two handed or which weapon types are better for each strike.

Prob crit since crit is really good with the new melee. Then it's either max speed or max dmg or speed till a certain amount. Not sure about weap type.

I want to make a zaw for each strike for MR but I also want to make the best possible combination.

mods multiple base stats by % so if u do X damage per second and u can install mod which doubles the speed that is same X damage per half second in other words that is 2x DPS already just by increasing speed

as far as i can tell and im not an expert status vs crit is kinda like either u wanna do high damage from the start or support ur medium damage with some effect
so like after lets say 3 hits with crit build u already melting enemies with status build ur damage comes from status and 1st u need to apply it then wait for it to grow < kinda same effect as when u for example get toxic status on urself in upper rifht u see number next to it for example 3,0 or 5,0 that indicates how strong it is and so in a same way it works for u
u need to apply more status to do more damage
and on top of that it also depends on what u wanna deal with for example bosses cant be affected by status higher lvl more heavy units are hard to kill in a 1st place so doing it with just status or just crit is time consuming
i always go for some kind of balance like little more status then crit or vice-versa with speed around 1,000 but that only applies to 2 handed weapons polearms since thats the only i use
and to answer your question about 2 handed or 1 handed well that is what u like i believe i go with 2handed because of range so i can grab more enemies just hitting 1 in front of me or walk forward while spawning melee and watch how everything die
idk if thats so easy with 1 handed Zaw's but i believe for sure they benefit in higher base speed so thats already higher dps but suffers in less range

so in the end pick your poison 

as an option go to hok choose forge zaw choose some parts and check preview glided now u will see proper stats 
i go with
Strike - Mewan
Grip -  Plague Kripath, Jayap, Kroostra, Sekalla or Shtung < speed vs dmg choice
Ornament - Vrageet II Jai < but here also just pick ur poioson

and this should help u allot when it comes to stats
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Zaw