Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Or Supra

LegofanPC

Question

Get the soma but don't get rid of the supra. The time and materials that go into the supra (not to mention the several forma that should be in there too) mean it's really not worth getting rid of.

While the soma isn't being nerfed stat-wise, the damage rework is coming meaning that everything is (probably) going to change soon anyway.

atm i have the supra,is it worth to change it for the soma.

cuz im afraid they will buf supra and nerf soma.

Supra needs a rework as much as Embolist does because neither live up to being high mastery weapons. I wouldn't get rid of supra just stick it somewhere and see if it is altered in the 2.0 armor/damage update before it's fate is decided. Soma is good, but there is no reason to get rid of something that was expensive to make when a major rework is coming up soon. 

It's a matter of if you want to suppress your enemies and then get close enough or kill them at distance. To be honest, Soma may be a big thing, but it's not always a favorite. Can't really consider it a LMG, more a of automatic Latron. But it could be subject to change if enough complain about it, and trust me, there are those that do. In short, comes down to Suppress or Terminate.

You're comparing a Tenno LMG vs. a laser LMG, not an AK-47 and a minigun.

Not starting an issues on terminology: The reason Supra gets called a mini-gun and not an LMG or SMG is because it use 3 barrels(?) that it uses in rotational firing pattern with. I am not 100% sure if it uses the 3 barrel it has, but this gun is nearly a carbon copy of the energy mini gun from fallout "Gattling laser rifle"

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gatling_laser_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)

Not starting an issues on terminology: The reason Supra gets called a mini-gun and not an LMG or SMG is because it use 3 barrels(?) that it uses in rotational firing pattern with. I am not 100% sure if it uses the 3 barrel it has, but this gun is nearly a carbon copy of the energy mini gun from fallout "Gattling laser rifle"

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gatling_laser_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)

Supra

Supra2.png

VS.

Gatling Laser

640px-GatlingLaser.png

Carbon copy my behind.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

A Gatling gun is not a minigun, but a minigun is a Gatling gun. Also, Gatling guns are the precursors of modern machine guns in that same page you used as proof.

Antagonize isn't necessary when none was intended by me.

I have played many games with Gatling laser weapons and supra never felt like anything else.

Edited by LazyKnight

also, the soma is not an ak-47 its a  bren gun

bren_mk2.jpg

It's no more a Bren than an AK.

It really doesn't have much resemblance to either.

The design's closest to the Bren Light Machine Gun, anyhow.

I don't agree.

Personally, the closest parallel I can think of is a cross between the Chauchat and any of a variety of rifles using en-bloc clips that are ejected when emptied.

The Bren only resembles the Soma because of the magazine position, and then only when the Soma is near empty.

The reason Supra gets called a mini-gun and not an LMG or SMG is because it use 3 barrels(?) that it uses in rotational firing pattern with.

Miniguns/gatling guns have rotating barrels. There are other multi-barrled firearms, but they aren't miniguns or gatling guns.

Supra, if it uses it's extra emitters, could be considered a volley gun, but not a minigun nor a gatling gun.