Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... Shedu and Erra Quest

Zecthus

Just now, Flameduel said:

I am 100% certain no matter what happens it will make it easier, the battleist and cauculyst have the same drops on the ship we currently have so the sentients that drop the parts are going to be the same. I won't say how much easier, but if it is at all the case where we can load up a mission just to fight sentients, and since it will be a war against sentients, it should be easier.  

I agree with you that it will become easier, specially if we can go to a mission only to fight sentients (which is what I'm expecting to see with New War). But the whole point is that New War, as far as we know, is nowhere near to be released - not when Railjack needs so much attention as it needs now. So, why add a weapon that was long waited and very much talked about and lock it behind something that we will have to wait maybe months to actually get it? - which could very much be the case for casual players that don't have the time to be 24/7 waiting the anomalies or don't wanna buy it from other players. If Shedu was released with New War, I'd hardly have any problems with the farm, but it wasn't. 

Also they stated that this weapon will be very important in this new "chapter" of the history. So, unless they've changed their minds about that, some players might not be able to enjoy the content when it drops because some part of it might be locked behind having that weapon. This is an expeculation, or course, but it is a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I am. I just ran the sentient ship with ivara and nekros and I got 3 shedu components. I now stand at 4 runs with 6 parts. No, by all means, keep going.

I did 6 runs today, all with khora + nekros + hydroid. No parts at all - mind you that we had drop booster on. Also a clannie did more than that and got only one part. But please, by all means, keep going. 

1 minute ago, Zecthus said:

I did 6 runs today, all with khora + nekros + hydroid. No parts at all - mind you that we had drop booster on. Also a clannie did more than that and got only one part. But please, by all means, keep going. 

Oh I will. You messed up. Bring an ivara. There is no drop booster for shedu parts.

Edited by Skaleek

2 minutes ago, Zecthus said:

I agree with you that it will become easier, specially if we can go to a mission only to fight sentients (which is what I'm expecting to see with New War). But the whole point is that New War, as far as we know, is nowhere near to be released - not when Railjack needs so much attention as it needs now. So, why add a weapon that was long waited and very much talked about and lock it behind something that we will have to wait maybe months to actually get it? - which could very much be the case for casual players that don't have the time to be 24/7 waiting the anomalies or don't wanna buy it from other players. If Shedu was released with New War, I'd hardly have any problems with the farm, but it wasn't. 

Also they stated that this weapon will be very important in this new "chapter" of the history. So, unless they've changed their minds about that, some players might not be able to enjoy the content when it drops because some part of it might be locked behind having that weapon. This is an expeculation, or course, but it is a possibility. 

is it a super important weapon? I thought that was the paracesis, as far as I know they gave us this weapon because we asked for it for a while, not because it was important? I could be wrong of course, but this could be a case of the broken scepter where it is just a neet weapon

21 minutes ago, Zecthus said:

Sure, because Ivara is the almighty savior. I'm done with you lol

You don't understand the looting stacking mechanics. You're ignorant, you're complaing about something you've barely run. You're claiming hard grind before even really grinding it. Definition of knee-jerk. It's been farmable for 2 days.

If you're gonna complain about a grind, at least make it a legitimate one, Like 1% from every 20 minutes in ESO for blazing step ephemera.

Edited by Skaleek

3 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

is it a super important weapon? I thought that was the paracesis, as far as I know they gave us this weapon because we asked for it for a while, not because it was important? I could be wrong of course, but this could be a case of the broken scepter where it is just a neet weapon

They stated - I think on tennocon - that this weapon would play a big part on New War. If it was just a weapon I wouldn't even bother rushing it haha But you see, you can only access the new quest with Paracesis, which means they could do something similar with Shedu. But they could have changed their minds about it and might be working on something different. 

Edited by Zecthus

1 minute ago, Zecthus said:

They stated - I think on tennocon - that this weapon would play a big part on New War. If it was just a weapon I wouldn't even bother rushing it haha But you see, you can only access the new quest with Paracesis, which means they could do something similar with Shedu. 

I feel like it is going to be something similar to the war/broken scepter, but oh well.

Edited by Flameduel

2 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

I should probably add that the new war is not a quest, but a feature in the game, and I doubt a single weapon will keep you out from doing it (at least not the part of killing a bunch of sentients, which alone would help get the weapon anyways)

You have a good point there. We'll have to see how this whole thing plays out. It could start as a quest which unlocks the system or maybe the quest was this new one. Either way we'll only know for sure when it drops. 

Edited by Zecthus

3 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

A timer indicating WHEN the Sentient ship will show up again would be a nice thing to see.

Agreed, that would make things better since we can also use some sites to keep an eye on it. I'm glad they added the mark, but it's still quite annoying to keep a track on it. 

I agree with the topic a 3 hour cooldown (info of players) if this is literal a 4% chance is a problem even more if it is from an enemy that does not appear much in this new tileset, it should be something similar to the plains of eidolon cooldown.

Edited by D4RKNEssSt0rm

11 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Oh I know. I just feel that we, as players, shouldn't have to rely on an outside source to keep track of things like that ingame.

Oh sorry, I think the way I said wasn't clear, my bad. I was trying to say that the game (inside of it) having it clear when it will spawn, we then can use those outside sources (if we wan't to) to keep track of it while we're not in game, i case you want to enter the game just for that. 

For example, I used to use warframe hub to keep an eye on bounties and stuff whenever I wanted to farm some relics and even for eidolon farm. It really helped me because I didn't had much time to play, so I could manage my time using it. 

Edited by Zecthus

The enemy that drops the parts will likely be common on every single Sentient ship we face in future phases of Empyrean. This is a weapon that comes from a secret, hidden quest on a time-based event with a single-spawn enemy. It is not intended to be attained right now. If you're so impatient you NEED to have it right this second, then enjoy your grind. This is not the New War. This is a teaser and prologue to the New War. Either be patient and wait until the weapon is easy to obtain or suffer if you're so impatient.

1 minute ago, Cephalon_Carstairs said:

The enemy that drops the parts will likely be common on every single Sentient ship we face in future phases of Empyrean. This is a weapon that comes from a secret, hidden quest on a time-based event with a single-spawn enemy. It is not intended to be attained right now. If you're so impatient you NEED to have it right this second, then enjoy your grind. This is not the New War. This is a teaser and prologue to the New War. Either be patient and wait until the weapon is easy to obtain or suffer if you're so impatient.

I think the ones who go for it early are the patient ones honestly

2 minutes ago, Cephalon_Carstairs said:

I'm serisouly thinking about waiting at this point. I've almost burned out from grinding stuff for railjack and I'm already getting tired from grinding the new PA (I curse that ivara chassis). It doesn't get less frustrating tho, because it looks like a fun weapon to use and I really like the concept, which is why I really wanted. I just hope it doesn't become something like the War components. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

I think the ones who go for it early are the patient ones honestly

I think they're more determinated than patient haha

It took me a lot of determination to stand a 6hr+ non-stop grinding for that Zetki Bulkhed. 

12 hours ago, Skaleek said:

I got the pennant on my first run. But then i ran the mission 60 more times to get a better feel for the general drop rate and then i finally got the quellor. Most of the time the base commander drops ammo. Thanks for educating me on RNG though, as someone who's been playing warframe a long time, I'm quite well versed in RNG. I know what's a difficult grind and what's an easy grind. The Shedu is not that bad.

When you take into account rng you can't tell the next person what's really a difficult grind or easy one however bro