Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: The journey so far.

[DE]Rebecca

The one thing I crave for railjack is a "random-mission" button in each proxima that unlocks after finishing all the missions in an area so that you can join a game without trying to find which node is "most popular".

For the love of all that is holy please let me put the Omni in my gear wheel before a mission, sticking it in whatever free slot is not only inconvenient, it can clear the infinite gear wheel and force me to reselect ALL 56 GEAR ITEMS that I have equipped.

Other than that and everything that doesn't work reliably yet, railjack is incredible.

II have reached all 10's already and pretty much stopped doing railjack because no one wants to work together. A lot of the time more  than 1 person wants to be in archwing and at least one of those people are trying to go after the fighters instead of boarding crew ships. Causing the fighters to go away from the railjack instead of towards it. Others just want o be carried and not do anything at all and some just go afk.

the next update? can we get a hint? but if we could choose for thew next update ill be interested to do duviri paradox, its soo interesting,about the zariman 10-0 plus the new war maybe we can use the new operator or the "older men"  to kill or take mercy to our beloved mother, lotus natah, maybe [DE]'s can give us a hint? but the warframe are now changed! kinda like the empyrean update but u promised the new war would go before christmas or in the exact date, kina feel  sad , anyways its okay, kinda still waiting for the duviri paradox release or just the date, i appreciate your hard work guys! i just wanted to know the date either the next general update, thanks!

On 2020-02-14 at 12:16 PM, (NSW)kaishi23 said:

the next update? can we get a hint? but if we could choose for thew next update ill be interested to do duviri paradox, its soo interesting,about the zariman 10-0 plus the new war maybe we can use the new operator or the "older men"  to kill or take mercy to our beloved mother, lotus natah, maybe [DE]'s can give us a hint? but the warframe are now changed! kinda like the empyrean update but u promised the new war would go before christmas or in the exact date, kina feel  sad , anyways its okay, kinda still waiting for the duviri paradox release or just the date, i appreciate your hard work guys! i just wanted to know the date either the next general update, thanks!

I don't wanna sound like an a$$ but you should really temper your expectations. 

ok so the only thing that would be good for emperyan success is spreading and randomizing the enemy types alittle more variety through the planet nodes and open-world so its not so predictable, i like the idea of facing a lich or some shadow enemies in fortuna areas of the open-world, not just in space, the grineer ships in plains of eidolon are like plastic toys, they just blow up easily, bullets should bounce off or different tiers of enemies with hammers and planets should drop turrets and lasers should be dropping shields and cover for the falling enemies and such other things, otherwise everything looks like cardboard.

i also think that much of the front with liches failed because how they just steal everything, maybe there should ve syndicate and rivens with additional or temporary boosters per planets with recurring items dropping so-often, that once downloaded used for the operators and the weapons zoom capability of our void lasers and the reload of pistols or melee in 1 ammocase contains experimental pieces which explode or heat up regen-cause shields to react violently or change the colors, just like ephemeral traits are avaliable, except during combat, this way players want to explore and open up treasure chest, or boxes, many bounties have the same rewards and same task, so at least giving the enemies simular powers will workout, a dog jumping from the ship, or a hyena will be laughble product, especially if the grineer start showing up in fortuna missions, 

this means that the grineer and syndicals can disperse new items and enemies in the spreading of the icey bounties, and openworld, but i have not seen those changes to the areas or boss fights, only have seen that fortuna belongs to those goofy scientist and the orbmother, so at least that the alien and infected do make their nest in openworld outside the seasonal posibilities should be normal instead of predictable during the day/night cycles to keep players trying nodes, or repeating missions, eidolons are excellent but not veryfun for players without a rubico, but thats not my priority, as for empyrean and space combat, they failed at bringing PVP and syndicates with them to space, i think thats a great opportunity, to bring PVP into good light, and the oro.

its good that we have built the docks and larger ships, i think the relays could have more NPC and wares, this is why i think the syndicates could offer some new ships or weapons for the palyers or robots, guns for shi[ps are abundant and good, but the stuff that we collect so far is for the ships, nothing for the operators or players who join, the loot is basically for ship proggress, so 2,000 titanium is basically is confusing loot, which could be used for wagers, or futuristically at the relays, cetus, or for upgrades in lunaro or pvp, but essentially the orbiter cosmetics, skins, and freebies to craft mods, and upgrades with emperyian resources later on 

i'd just like some of the stuff in space to come down to the planets and mission nodes to make them feel different, additional loot and replayability should be interesting for all players, if they run into a halloween enemy or a space pirate, syndicate enemy who is creeping, there are no larger beast like monster hunter worlds to capture, so thats out of teh forest for ideas as far as i know there are birds that fly over the suburban trees, and chinchila, but the music is not changing with meteorites or new enemies from space, so what is the non-grineer doing in the forest, escaped criminals such as the wolf could just be discovered in a different tileset or a few other criminals, uh i havent played enough emperyan, otherwise i would say something constructive, but yeah, i care about the old stuff.

Im 7787 now and have all veil gear and a maxed out grid.   I would love to host missions with my awesome ship and help randoms but its just to much of a nightmare and headache.  

If you want to make Railjack something EVERYONE can enjoy no matter who they team up with some things need to change.

-First and most important,  everyone with a Railjack needs a tab in drydock that lets you set PERMISSIONS for actions on your Railjack.  

• Piloting
  • Using flux abilities
  • Refining
  • Navigation
  • Artillery/Dome gun

-Make bases LOCKED until all the fighters and crewships have been nuked.  This will hopefully encourage people to actually help with the actual Railjack part of Railjack aka space battles.  Instead of everyone jumping into AW's and rushing enemy bases and then crying for the RJ pilot to blow up radiators even though they are thousands of meters away busy fighting stuff.  

-Make Side Turret mounts alot more visible.  I have had friends and I have read in chat where people go for periods of time without even realizing a Railjack HAS side turrets lol.  They literally think if they are not the pilot they have nothing to do and go Archwing to fight.  

--------------------------

General RJ improvements....

-Artillery guns are pretty worthless.  These should auto-lock on crewships, they should insta-kill them without the needs for avionics.  Make them only hold 1 shot and engineers only able to craft 1 at a time.  Then its more of a reward for teamwork..     Artillery is the biggest gun on RJ and yet the gunnery intrinsic doesnt do jack or crap for artillery......  I know auto-lock seems kinda derp but in a game with randoms you have who knows what piloting and moving a ship around AND OR who knows how much lag between people.

-Slingshot needs to be 360 degrees.  Its way to hard to tell when people are in the slingshot as a pilot,  most rando pilots wont even know at what range you need to be to sling people.  Slingshot should also auto-lock for the same reason as artillery,  but at the very least block out all other enemy fighters when you are loaded up.  

-Intrinsics past Lv7 arent that great.  AW stat boosts WTF?? 

-Photors need to be huge fat beams.  Still held trigger but with fat beams it would be easier to actually hit stuff.  

-Pulsars should fire longer bursts like 5-10 rounds at a time.

----------------------------------

Railjack is pretty awesome (although lacking rewards to keep you coming back just for fun).  Right now I think its purely a solo or only with friends type of thing though.   

• 3 weeks later...

Yo! Can you guys fix the drift? When I exit drift it boosts me in the direction I was looking instead of the direction I was traveling. Now you see, with remotely realistic physics it would boost me in the direction I'm traveling with my momentum and whatnot, but oh no, you guys have to take away the control from the pilot. And my job as pilot is to keep control. Do you see the issue? I sure as hell do. Imagine going backwards to keep your enemies in sight, but then you run out of boost and you get shot forwards and you are surrounded. Or worse, you're trying to shoot down a ram sled, and then you thrust into it. That last one happens every time to me. Please, just make the boost at the end of your drift based on where you're going, not where you're looking.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk about physics. 

Totally agree with you friend, this is really anoying and a lot of people are complaining about it, hopefully they fix that, is a real easy to fix thing, many people don't do railjack anymore for that reason, i don't do railjack anymore because of it, it's disgusting, really hope they see your thread and give you some attention for it.
TOTALLY AGREE

My biggest issue with railjack is the fact that it is a glorified demo that had never changed for one third of a year.

The map for the mode is a lie. Every single one of them focuses on extermination with only some random side objectives appearing in higher level missions. If we were to distill the maps into one Earth node, Saturn node and Veil node, it will not change your experience except for the kill X fighters and X crewship. This is like the base game replacing every single planet tiles with exterminate. It's fun for the first mission but playing it again and again becomes boring.

The side objectives themselves should have been the main goal in the maps of Empyrean just like the core game missions of spy, sabotage or capture but they were simply used as roadblocks to force you into the exterminate missions longer.

Another problem I could see here is the loot drop. DE tried to address this by increasing the resources and slightly adjusted the drop rates of avionics/wreckage from enemies but it's still too low to even get the parts for the railjack that's worth anything. I was forced to sink so much time on saturn's kasio's rest and then the veil's gian point which was a complete chore to do as most of the rewards were mediocre and went to the scrap pile of Diracs.

These two problems has been persisting in the start of empyrean which should have been solved before the Scarlet spear have even dropped. Just because you lowered the cost to build railjacks, doesn't mean that there will be a fleet of players willing to be space team when sentients can cut through them like paper mache. I really needed to vent here because it seems like DE thinks that the mode doesn't need to be expanded except for new enemies to shoot at.

EDIT: Need to also mention that DE really dropped the ball on not expanding the free roaming mode to allow players to farm for resources. These instances should have been the exploration mode for all three sectors where the Tenno finds a forgotten tower/ships and hack it to grab a random wreckage. You know, like the Heliosphere from the Tennocon 2019 video. 

On 2020-01-30 at 1:04 PM, Opyt said:

The one thing I crave for railjack is a "random-mission" button in each proxima that unlocks after finishing all the missions in an area so that you can join a game without trying to find which node is "most popular".

I think that 'Proxima' should just be one node per planet, and generate a random mission in that tileset each time its loaded. All the proxima nodes are just 'kill 30 fighters and 2 crew ships' anyway, with an occasional POI to mix it up. Making Proxima function as an open world 'Orbital' map for each planet would solve the problem you mentioned, give us one consistent starmap (rather than having a duplicate map full of duplicate missions and an out of place tab), and incursions like the Plains of Eidolon had at the beginning would be much more suited to the Railjack experience. They could even remove all the archwing missions and make them randomly appear in Proxima ventures. And if they really wanted to ramp up the immersion, placing beacons visible on the planet surface that you can boost your Railjack towards (similarly to Everspace jump points) in order to load standard mission nodes via hidden load screen would be awesome and ensure prolonged game sessions because you'd theoretically never have to go back to the orbiter.

Archived