Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: The journey so far.

[DE]Rebecca

It really doesn't sound like you guys want to lower the repair costs of the wreckage, which is terrible considering those wreckage are also having RNG stats thrown on them, so, I really hope you reconsider and soon. I love Railjack, but this realization that my grind is in vain and that I'll never be able to make and repair any wreckage cause an even better one might be just around the corner makes me just stop playing, as it doesn't feel like it's worth it or like my time is being respected. It's nice that you feel like increasing the drops, but, unless those numbers are increased tenfold (at least), it won't make any difference, the grind will still be too much and will still push people away from engaging with the system. I like the RNG stats, but, come on, it's either that or ridiculous crafting requirements. Having both is just bad game design.

Well, looking forward to the space-road ahead!

...not to nit-pick, but would DE be able to hotfix the colour/graphics bug with the Railjack skins? The saturation makes almost all the colours look way dull and and sometimes not even the colour they should be. Red is Pink, apparently. 😕

Thank you for the update on what you are hearing from us and what you at DE are considering.

I do have a heavy question: is it possible to expand Empyrean to have 6 or 8 Squadmates? I ask this, as a fully slotted Crew has 1 Pilot, 4 Gunners (Aft and Port Gunners, Top Gunners at Rank 3, and Cannon Gunner at Rank 5), and 1 person performing maintenance (Ruptures, Anti-Boarding, Crafting). Additionally, others tend to be out in Archwing, combating the bogeys across the vector, collecting loot, or bee-lining to objective points. It would be great to see this expand past the standard 4-man Squad, just by the sheer scale of the roles and missions within RailJack.

Nice graph. Not really any content there, but. A lot of numbers to look at, in the immediate future.

Right now, the main problems are player agency and your gameplay loop being stressful and unsatisfying. And a lot of that is coming back to aggressive income, low player damage, high enemy damage, the inability of weapons to find targets in space, tiny vacuum range, immense repair costs that bankrupt you with a single item, etc. All severe number issues, but just numbers. In theory, easily solved, as long as there's no DE brand stubbornness about it. The loot rhythm feels like Anthem, and that's a big part of what totally killed that game, despite its base mechanics and customization being its strongest element.

1 minute ago, SSI_Seraph said:

Honestly reactors should not be RNG. Capacity is not a secondary stat, it dictates everything.

Yeah I can get behind the idea of Flux Capacity and extra buffs being RNG but Avionics Capacity is like if you built a Prime Frame and discovered that it only had 8 mod capacity

Especially when you consider that it makes everything but high-roll Vidar MKIII reactors near-worthless.

Just please make sure to add a way to go back to the orbiter after finishing Railjack missions, because if you are in one when an update hits, you're blocked out and forced to abort. Updates prevents people from entering missions, relays and the dojo. So you cannot properly go back and receive everything you've been collecting so far.

Add an option on the railjack startmap to go to the orbiter please! 

And reduce the costs of repairs, it's ridiculous that after a week I can't even repair an MK3 part. That's exactly what punishing is.If it takes so freaking much to repair 1 part, It completely takes away the progression. Why would I waste resources on an MK1 or MK2 if I'm gonna need 2 weeks to even get there again? Reduce the grind, it's not fun.

Overall I love that the game is going into space, there's lots of awesome possibilities but stop with the excessive and aggressive grind.

By the way, forgot to state... I think you guys made a huge mistake by not making the Railjack system more integrated with the Clan from the get-go. Assigning crews! Clan wide objectives! ALLIANCES!

Come on DE, tell me you've got something planned down the road for these, it feels a tad obvious! 😛

1 minute ago, GrowthProfitGrofit said:

Yeah I can get behind the idea of Flux Capacity and extra buffs being RNG but Avionics Capacity is like if you built a Prime Frame and discovered that it only had 8 mod capacity

Especially when you consider that it makes everything but high-roll Vidar MKIII reactors near-worthless.

on top of them gating said vidar reactor behind mission rewards on a 2% and having the wildest of RNG ranges

16 minutes ago, PerishedFraud said:

I don't think anyone really enjoys the RNG in Railjack parts.

Unique ships be damned, rivens already ruined many people's days, liches doubled down on it, and now this huge new update comes with its own unwanted randomness.

The fact that you can't buy the parts has me even more confused. If the RNG isn't there for financial reasons...why is it there? 

I can easily say that far more people are annoyed by it than empowered in any way. The opinions I've seen so far were either neutral or negative. I've seen zero people say something nice about it.

TLDR just give us part fusion

There is a financial incentive though: The more trial and error with builds we have to go through the more Rush Repair Drones DE can sell. Selling one time use consumables for throwaway rng parts seems to be the next step down a slippery slope for DE's monetization.

vor 42 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

We don’t want “challenging” to be synonymous with “punishing” -- that’s not our motivation or end goal with Empyrean. Just as keeping your Railjack afloat is a collaborative effort and experience, our hotfixing and further considerations of the gamemode are treated in the same vein between us as a community. 

This does not adess that the damage balance between us and the enemies is just not fun. railjack guns do little to no damage, the good damage mod for it is behind a really low drop chances (or just buy with plat i guess), even with the appropriate archguns it still takes 5 to 10 seconds to kill basic fodder enemies. If this what you envision for future damage reworks I suggest looking at how anthem did. Literally without invulnerability the enemies just one shot every archwing. That's not a good kind of challenging, that's punishing people who dont have the only good archwing.

This also doesnt adress that there is exactly 0 mission variety. The patchnotes say it like past earth it wont be just exterminates but that just isnt the case. This combined with the insane time it takes to do anything from killing basic enemy fighters, getting the resources for weapons that are likely trash anyway because you find a better version of it later on, flying somewhere because blink cooldown is still too long. I understand not wanting to people to complete everything in a day but there is just no mission variety to keep me playing/slogging through the completely messed up resource and enemy balancing and I'm not talking about the grineer ground enemies there. For those I have mods, their base stats make no sense for their level but I can use my builds. The ships take too long to kill for how much the same the missions are.

Also it's kinda concerning that pretty much the first resource balancing you did was to remove avionic endo from fighters, the only resource that dropped in a good amount.

Like flying around is fun, having a team for it is fun, the new secret stuff in the veil is amazing but it's all ruined by the absolutely horrible balance. I dont understand how this got through your own playtesting, which we know you do because that's how the FTL like energy system got removed..

Just now, Moomabo said:

There is a financial incentive though: The more trial and error with builds we have to go through the more Rush Repair Drones DE can sell. Selling one time use consumables for throwaway rng parts seems to be the next step down a slippery slope for DE's monetization.

This sounds too silly to be true. I hope you're wrong.

Glad for the words.

Can we please really improve the Sigma series.  Right now I'm about to start researching the Mk3 stuff tonight, but haven't wanted to bother building the Mk1 or Mk2 gear knowing that in another few days I will have the Mk3 gear and will use that to give my railjack a flat level of power. Also why is there even the Mk0 weapons in the clan research tab. I feel like we should have just been given all the Mk0 weapons to let us try them out first to figure out which weapons we like the feel of without having to invest firs time to get the resources to build them and then the resources to build them.  why weren't they based on the star chart resources at least so anyone can have any of the Mk0 weapons to play with?

I know you all are planning on changing drop chances and such but could we get either a person or blueprints to be able to convert some of our resources from the start chart into some of the base resources from railjack.  Like how is alloy plate or salvage different from titanium?

@[DE]Rebecca Could you explain how we specifically obtain umbra forma blueprints? I understand a few days back we got them by accident through earth containers. The droptables also list enemies that I've yet to see to scan and the cache drops on the droptables don't list umbra forma. I've also opened a few rare containers in veil Proxima and noticed no drops but small amounts of resources. The other post you made said you added them as mission rewards for harder level enemies for better rewards. The drop table lists forma bp with a 2.5% chance but I've gotten it and it's just a regular forma blueprint. 

So the question is, is it a mission reward with a drop chance, or a side potential spawn in a high level mission with a drop chance not revealed.

Outside of that Railjack is a great amount of fun, has generated lots of clan activity and alliance activity. Great implementation.

Archived