Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: The journey so far.

[DE]Rebecca

Why is it that soloing with an Amesha--and no Railjack--is the best way to complete content? As a side mention, I've been ignoring the dojo research's fruits in the dry dock for repairing wreckage, due to 3 days being too long; I can get better results from wreckage in 1-2 days, thus relegating dojo research seemingly unnecessarily. If the stats of each wreckage/research differed greater than damage, heating, and status/crit..... (there are more stats that can change, ya know!)

Please make components and armaments tradable for at least once, at least the blueprints, like liches, if the rng has to stay. 

Although I am personally fine with paying platinum to short cut the new contents, I feel like it’s getting more and more costlier in the last two years. And it is getting harsher on those who don’t pay.  

I love the complete dismissive nonsense explanation for the RNG. It doesn't make "everyone's ship feel unique" to have a bunch of parts that can just be randomly so bad that they're worse in every aspect than a lower tier. You didn't make parts have random sets of unique trade-offs or strengths, they're just randomly bad or good.

the other talking points of how this is supposed to be the long-term future of the game speak much more honestly to why the part RNG is how it is; it makes progression take longer without having to make more content or variety.

I've played with Empyrean pretty extensively since its release. I think three changes would dramatically improve the experience.

1) Let us invest resources into equipment that we want to improve, rather than just waiting and hoping for a better rare drop. The potential stat range is especially problematic for reactors right now. It would be unpopular to release a warframe that was a rare drop, had random numbers of polarities, and couldn't use forma. The Railjack reactor situation currently feels like that.

2) Give players the choice between a few battle avionics on creation of their Railjack, like picking a frame when you first start the game. I've had friends become a lot more interested in Empyrean after giving them the reins to my ship and telling them to go wild with seeker volley, particle ram, etc. Wouldn't hurt to start the Railjack with a full load of consumables either. New players who neglected to build at least some revolite in the dry dock are probably going to have a very bad first experience.

3) Let us scrap gear to return the vast majority of its cost. People would feel less bad about wasting many missions of material farming on one MK2 piece (or a badly rolled MK3!), if they got 95% of it back when they wanted to upgrade.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

One question. Is there any possibility that we will get the enemy scaling from Empyrean implemented in the rest of the game? The ground mobs in Empyrean just feel much better balanced. Durable and dealing acceptable damage without having to be in the levels well above 100. They feel like they are far higher in levels than their level indicates, but their damage isnt over the top 1HK bullet hell.

Are you joking?  Have you not been oneshot during any of the dozen or more level transitions you have to go through in a single Railjack mission?  Have you never been oneshot in the time it takes for an ability tank or damage frame to cast the ability that will let you survive?  Level scaling is as awful as ever in Railjack, and it's even worse because the enemy ships do so much damage even at level 30-40.

Please, allow us to be able to trade Avionics mods just like any other normal mod. I have no use for a duplicate "Particle Ram" mod, yet it's very rare and I know I could give it to help my friend.

The phrase ‘We All Lift Together’ has never been more true with Railjack!

<= this is sooooo far from truth! I don't think you see how the majority of people play Railjack today in public missions, not the way we can see. It's all about selfish grind and ninja-looting/killing either for xp(intrinsics) or resources/blueprints, both topped with RNG (but hopefully you're planning to change that with some "universal looting", so ok that can be a step in the good direction). Railjack was supposed to be a clan thing (at least, from my understanding), a new content very much oriented to player co-operation, but right now it's just a mess. Finding a good squad for hunting Eidolons is easier than running a Railjack mission with people leeching on the hard work from the others and with hoping it doesn't fail because of a bug...

You want this Fortuna phrase to be true? ok,

1. Make a real matchmaking system with real roles. If you need ideas for that, then look at Dragon Keys and have people to select a role before to join a public game. For example, have players lose health or individual resources if they don't man the turrets (similarly to something like the Infested Salvage mission for example). Make sure people take their role at heart with mandatory/forbidden activities for a pilot, engineer, gunner and maybe some exceptions for a tactician/Archwing fighter (kind of "Jack of all trades")
  2. Let us be able to trade Avionics mods. They are mods, not wreckages/armaments. Why shouldn't we be allowed to trade them?
  3. Revert the changes (I call that a nerf) applied on Dirac. It has divided by TEN the amount of Dirac I could get from my missions (I can't yet play in Veil Proxima, so I can't say how it was before and now, but I've made some records about missions rewards in Saturn Proxima). Right now, for me, no scraping of enough Avionics mods during a mission, will cover the loss of Dirac from the results of these changes.

You want us:

• to pay with platinum to repair our loot so we can skip the horrendous amount of resources required
  • to pay with platinum to get enough Dirac (for which you have recently nerfed the acquisition) to upgrade our stuff
  • to pay again platinum to have more inventory slot to keep our loot.     

Or else we must grind like chinese farmers to play your game... is that what you really want from us? 😞 I've already paid for a Resource Booster to ease the burden, but when will it be enough to stop treating us like mobile games addicts? when too many people go on Steam to write negative reviews about DE? What's next for Warframe? lootboxes and new "soft pay2win" methods? Come on... I play PC games to be able to play all kind of other games during my free time, which is not dedicated to have to grind like a monkey job just for 1 game, DE's game. I like farming and I don't mind a bit of grind to slowdown the progression of the general playerbase, but I don't like to have to pay for unacceptable amounts of resources needed to level-up. You've already acknowledged that the majority of people is skipping MK1 and MK2 progression just to save for MK3 equipment, so you know there's something wrong, right? Then why nerfing Dirac acquisition was a good move in your opinion? Was it because you didn't sell enough Dirac packages on the Platinum market after release date? Ok this is starting to become sarcastic, so I will stop here, but honestly, I would like to know more about what you intend for the grind experience in Railjack. It's ok for me to play Railjack missions for hours, but I expect the time spent to be rewarding or else the real fun there is in this content is going to taste bitter very quick...

Anyway, thank you for keeping in touch with us and I appreciate, at least, the effort put in the regular communication 👍

EDIT: With the latest update (27.0.6.1), we can now trade Avionics mods! very good news! (I didn't see it prior posting my Railjack review)

1 hour ago, Azamagon said:

All the loot-pickups are the tiniest little shiny dots (which can easily be mistaken for background lights, or vice versa). As a Pilot, I try my best to chase after every single enemy we kill (so we kill, fly after the ship with its lengthy-death-animation-before-loot-spawns-and-is-then-yeeted-a-random-distance-from-its-death-location... then fight the next), and I still miss a LOT of loot. It stings moreso after someone destroys a Crewship by destroying it from the inside, then not picking up the loot with their AW. (Which quite often happens some distance away from where you are positioned with the Railjack, often amidst a heated battle).

Plus, anything a gunner in a turret seat kills - at least the pilot can actively chase after their kill and loot (as annoying having to do that is in the first place), a gunner in a turret cannot, and thus has to hope the pilot or someone in Archwing happens to see it and collect it. Communicating a drop location is pretty futile without.the ability to mark it. That said, one remedy would indeed be to at least for the game automatically mark all non-resource drops (avionics, components) and rare resource drop the same way it is being done for certain things in non-Railjack content already.

33 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

I love the complete dismissive nonsense explanation for the RNG. It doesn't make "everyone's ship feel unique" to have a bunch of parts that can just be randomly so bad that they're worse in every aspect than a lower tier. You didn't make parts have random sets of unique trade-offs or strengths, they're just randomly bad or good.

It is the exact same lame excuse that the devs of Elite Dangerous gave when adding their RNG-based gear upgrade system ("The Engineers"). It was massive grindfest, extremely frustrating, and no one ever asked for this RNG system. It was universally loathed and introduced a heap of balance problems most of which are still not resolved to this day. And it took them more than a year to completely redesign the system to what it is now, still a grindfest but at least now you progress towards fixed max stats instead of rerolling RNG stats (RNG is now just how much progress you do towards that point).

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

One question. Is there any possibility that we will get the enemy scaling from Empyrean implemented in the rest of the game? The ground mobs in Empyrean just feel much better balanced. Durable and dealing acceptable damage without having to be in the levels well above 100. They feel like they are far higher in levels than their level indicates, but their damage isnt over the top 1HK bullet hell.

You mean these bullet sponges that pretend to be one level but can take the beating of something twice their level? Oh yeah, I love dumping almost an entire magazine of Opticor Vandal into a single enemy Saturn Proxima, can't wait for the bullet sponges in Veil...

Please don't remove our cryotic.

It's the ONE resource from out of Empyrean I'm genuinely happy to see, because a lot of people still struggle to get cryotic, and it's a single sourced, relatively tedious farm otherwise - you have to play excav and only excav and lots and lots of excav. Every other non-Empyrean resource can go for now, but cryotic makes sense in space and it's great to have.

Alternatively, have 'iceball' random destructibles that show up uncommonly and let you mine cryotic in open space? That would be awesome.

I do hope we get logical sources for regular resources in Empyrean somewhere down the line in a way that doesn't dilute critical Railjack resource pools. A little less separation from the rest of the game is a good thing.

As for building versus repair drones - the costs really do need to be reduced for salvage repairs at base, even with some things like Titanium getting tuned upward. Carbides are also in short supply and could use more sources or amounts. It'd be nice if we could get repair drones semi-reliably as drops, too - I heard they're from rare crates, could be a tiny bit less rare? Although PoI loot sharing might make it perfectly fine to rely on a 10% chance per mission, we'll see after that change goes in.

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The Empyrean Update is almost like a reset - everyone starts from the same point with a few exceptions. This means every resource cost is a best estimate. Expect to see positive changes in specific drop rates (Titanium) as well as a general increase in uncommon and common resource appearances throughout crates in your missions. Smash and grab all the things. 

You should also expect to see the ability to halt Repairs you’ve started - this means if you’ve made progress toward one Component or Armament and you come across a better one, you can simply move those Resources over. Many players have found themselves in that exact scenario: They start contributing to one piece of Wreckage, only to find a better piece in another mission. If they don’t finish their first Repair, they lose the resources and at best get 50% back with scrapping. This change will allow you to better distribute your Resources across un-Repaired Wreckage with no losses.

The scariest thing about balancing resources overall is the inevitable place we all end up with our stockpiles. Balancing resource goals for players that aren’t too punishing requires a careful touch, especially for a system where all players start from nothing. Community feedback and stats are two invaluable tools that will allow us to tune this balance.

This is your biggest foully. Reseting people who have spent years (and probably a lot of money) on the game is not acceptable. It's not fun, not rewarding, doesn't feel like an accomplishment to overcome, and is very disrespectful of our time and effort before this.

Intrinsics? Absolutely. Awesome idea. Love it to death.

Random resource #27 that people need to learn to pronounce, that only affects this ONE area of content? It's been awful since Plains of Eidolon, and doing it repeatedly only makes it feel worse every single time it happens. If I wanted a reset, I'd play another game. I'm trying to continue this one. There are more than enough resources as it is. I KIND OF get adding Dirac, but this business of repeatedly getting slapped back to 0 is exceedingly frustrating. If it were any other game, any other dev, I'd have quit at the Plains for this.

Please, for the sake of players of all Mastery Ranks, play styles, schedules, ages, and locations, please stop doing this with resources. It is my single biggest complaint, with the second being that daily cap on standing that you (THANK YOU) didn't do this time around.

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

your Mastery is so evident you are progressing through the nodes faster than we expected

Uh....ppl who rushed stuff with plat was doing veil's last node easy peasy within a few hours of release. No mastery involved... Anyways, good job on this last patch and on railjack as a whole! Really great and original content.

One question though: are you working or planning to do something about the 30 wreckage limit? This is the only drop in the whole game that has a hard cap and forces ppl to stop playing and go manage inventory every few missions. Not to mention we automatically lose them if we capped which is something that also doesnt happen anywhere else.

At the very least I suggest instead of losing at the end of the mission, making it like rivens: the excess cap stays with the person and they are unable to start another railjack till they clear it. It would still be a nuisance and undesirable behaviour... but certainly a lesser one.

Glad to learn the loot sharing is high focus quick fix.

it could result in a couple of afk loot leeches, but worth that chance instead of punishing engineer and pilot types for sticking to their stations. I suppose you could take it in turns to hop out and rummage inside a poi for loot one at a time but it seems like an unintended extra hoop to jump through

I like that cryotic is a reward.

You know how people need to get dogs slow feeders so the dog doesn't eat too fast and choke or vomit... It's like DE has to put measures in place to throttle players from blasting through new content and getting bored. This is the whole "intrinsic" vs "extrinsic" motivation thing Steve brought up once on devstream. I have been taking my time, and I don't feel like I lack titanium because instead of rushing to veil, I'm still farming Saturn, and I already have almost 30k titanium before even beginning mark III gear. (Mind you, I am using a resource booster).

Anyway, it's the journey folks. Not the destination.

My biggest complaint: RNG Drops are bad enough - especially with the abysmal drop chances we currently have. RNG stats as a core part of loot progression and the loot end-goal is outright bad. Normalize gear stats and restrict RNG variance to a few pieces of gear at the very top.

As it stands, the overwhelming majority of non Mk III gear is simply not worth using, not just because of the terrible resource economy (thank you for at least acknowledging that, though I was hoping after Syndicates, Plains, Fortuna, Vox Solaris, etc. you all at DE would have gotten better at that), but also because of the RNG factor. It's just not worth investing in anything but the highest end gear, since the stat variance is so damn high. Furthermore, non Mk III drops are pointless as soon as clans have finished researching their standard non RNG stat gear.

Somewhat related: the changes to Archwing movement are really good. However, even with those changes, collecting loot dropped in space is a PAIN. It's good that it's shared with the team, but it's still not worth going back to loot that was dropped out of the way several kilometers back, because you keep moving forward during a mission, and having to double back is tedious and un-fun. Please make all space drops instantly pick up on drop.

Also: Part of the reason why Amesha is by far the most used Archwing is that the energy economy for Archwing is attrocious. Especially early on, players are reliant on their Archwings, because beginner Railjacks are about as resilient and dangerous as Kavat-droppings (read: I could do more with an uncatalyzed Frost and a Burston Prime). With the nerfs to Archwing damage, Archwing abilities are all the more important. And the only Archwing able to spam all its abilities is the Amesha, because its the only Archwing with a reliable way of generating its own energy and keeping the Railjack alive.

Just how Energy Siphon should be given to all new Warframe players for free, Archwings need to have some other means besides Kinetic Diversion to generate energy (I'm MR 27 and have never seen anyone with that mod, let alone myself).

( for reference: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kinetic_Diversion )

vor 7 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Hikuro-93:

Despite some hiccups every now and then I must say I'm very proud of what this game has achieved over the years, and still promises to achieve.

I am too very optimistic towards WARFRAME's future... never have it ever seen a game before that was evolving so much.

I've never commented on the fourms before, and this is the first time that I've been worried enough to do so.

Random stats are the major reason I keep getting burnt out on Destiny.  They were the reason I stopped playing vanilla PSO:BB.

Finding a cool rare weapon or armor was exciting, until you opened your menu and found it was worthless compared to the random gear you had on.  Then it wasn't exciting, it was exhausting.  I would understand if it was there as part of a rush job, to keep it interesting until enough people were back in the office to flesh out some stats.  I would have rather seen just static parts with rare chances.

At the moment, these parts do nothing to make your ship feel "unique".  There are only upgrades and downgrades.  If you want to make it personal to the player, make variety tailored to the player's taste.  You could do something along the lines of corrupted mods, make a ship tankier but slower, a glass cannon that can use abilites more often.

I stayed with Warframe because there was always something consistent to do, you could always level up some mods or change your build as you like.  I don't like Rivens as a whole but I don't care if they stay because they're not mandatory in the slightest, they're flair.  If Railjack becomes the new foundation of Warframe, and this kind of stuff is predominant and required to turn your wet tissue of a ship into something usable, I would have no interest in playing that game.  Destiny already does that better, and I hate them for it.

I'm not expecting changes now, especially going into winter break, but I'll watch until the end of January or so.

Can you hotfix enemy scaling? Because if this not broken and you guys meant for enemies to be this tanky you should tell us that and be as transparent as possible. Also there are lore implications here as well. Why do grineer suddenly have flesh and not cloned flesh?

last hotfix you randomized the stats on weapons aswell? why tho the rng is already crazy with the reactors and stuff the game is so damn tedious this update feels so rushed is this what we had to wait 2 years for? really dissapointed not gonna lie and ye i know phase 3 will be coming but when? cant even expect a finished update after almost 3 years of development? what are you doing in youre worktime over at de way smaller teams finish whole games during that time

Archived