Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: The journey so far.

[DE]Rebecca

well here is my 2 cents

atleast 2 things that needs to be fixed (bugs aside)

when i look broken RJ weapons i dont see any improvements but after i have repaied them) so how will i know witch weapon is better than my current equipped 1 (and yes i know that i can TAB but thats not the same ) id like to compare easily just like you can compare warframe weapons and other RJ parts like reactors shields and engines

and 2 i cant see witch RJ mod are equipped when i  start to scrap mods 

Some of the things discussed here and which are yet to come should have been in the update since day one.

You guys combined excessive grind for resources and avionics + pathetically weak Railjack + forced coop (which I am fine with, don't me wrong) + obscenely expensive upgrades + RNG on stats for new equipments and weapons but didn't include shared loot a ways to cancel the repair of equipments, something so basic which exists in the game for as long as one can remember.

Also, getting worthless things as "rewards", such as credit bundles, Ferrite, Spores etc. is quite insulting. It is like you people don't learn from past mistakes and keep repeating them.

On a vacation, been playing consistently since release, still didn't see a single lavan or vidar reactor while repeating the same, at this point boring and dull, mission for the xxxth time.
And even when I'll get one there is a chance it'll be complete garbage thanks to the RNG stats.
Playing a warframe with no reactor is not fun, this is the same.
I don't see how you guys thought this would ever be ok.

PS: Zetki reactors are supposed to focus on flux, but when they barely give you enough capacity to slot the essentials ( with how bad a base railjack is) you have a spot for 1 single battle avionic. Spot the issue: They're focused on flux but you have enough capa for one single lonely skill. Which makes them immidiatly worthless as soon as you drop a good vidar.

The schools gimmick is just there to increase the grind. People will go for the maxed avios and a good capa reactor. If you guys wanted something more than an illusion of choice, you should have made the base railjack not complete garbage and the avionics difference between schools not miles apart.

What the schools should be: the difference between putting an umbra forma on a frame or not, minor, can easily be disregarded
What they really are: the difference betweeen putting a reactor on your frame and modding it with mods vs no reactor and using broken mods with the limited space you have.

Many people complain and from a certain point of view I can easily understand them. That said I wanted to post a little positivity because I love this update.

It's simple since last Friday I only do that to realize that I totally forgot my nightwave week ^^ and it made me very funny to redo a "normal" mission. That said, yes the many bugs present are still very frustrating. There I think it would have been good to postpone the release date rather than releasing the update as buggy. And that we have always told you. I have full confidence in your projects and I much prefer to have to wait for a more finished product.

Many comment on the RNG drops statistics. For my part I love it, that said would still be better if we knew the limits. For kuva weapons for example we know that the limit is at + 60% and my farm goal is to reach this limit but here we are in the unknown I do not know what I am supposed to achieve and there it is pity. There should also be a rebalancing in the drops of the different houses. In the proximal veil I see almost only exclusively zekti, where are the other houses? I am level 7/7/8/8 so I have already farmed a lot and yet even with that I almost have the impression that the other houses are nonexistent.

The cost of the crafts are also quite exorbitant. During a week of intensive farming, I only had the materials necessary to build an mk3 reactor and an mk3 shield, which is very little when you see the range of different weapons available.

Now here I hope you will be able to solve all these tiresome bugs. Anyway, I love your update, it's great.
I would also recommend adding different kinds of vessels, the bestiary is not very supplied in the end. And new sets in space because already after a week I already recognize the "parts" that come together and can precisely know where there are loots. It’s a little less procedural.

Good luck for the future and happy holidays.

A belgian tenno.

I cannot stress enough that I hope DE considers a two man to solo ship that new players can actually build as this game progresses so they can catch up with the swarm of first gen players all orbiting in the end game planets in a year from now...

Also just on a performance issue I find two players playing the content can actually have a smoother ride as opposed to a four man team where the fighters and everything exploding just churns the lag to frame rates.

Archwing movement:

I miss the option while using experimental flight that allowed the player to use thrusters to speed forward, press the S key or back key to flip player's archwing around in the opposite direction. This allowed players to zip past enemies, flip around, and fire at the from behind. I did really enjoy that maneuver. Hopefully this will make a return in future iterations.

The amount of resources the parts need is beyond ridiculous specially when parts are rng and you need to build over and over again its not that we have so many resources its that we dont have enough gear to use it on 

This thing makes it just a pay wall to progress when you can skip the resources with plat which is really scummy 

Why not do those ridiculous numbers with old resources where vets will have no problem doing and new players will have to progress through the actuall game first or just get pulled into pay to win since thats your main focus in the past 3 updates 

The RNG is unacceptable for what it is.

To get a mk3 Vidar reactor, which is said to give the best avionics capacity, you have to keep playing the Veil for a 2% chance for it to drop.

Then you have to pray that the stats isn't RNG'd to hell, or else you either get a Vidar that's barely better than a MK3 Sigma, or even WORSE.

The level of RNG variance is horrible for the horribly low chance of already getting the thing to drop to begin with, I've highlighted threads showing off how terrible they can get, so this statement thing covering the RNG mildly smells of "Pride and Accomplishment".

On 2019-12-18 at 4:35 PM, PerishedFraud said:

I can easily say that far more people are annoyed by it than empowered in any way. The opinions I've seen so far were either neutral or negative. I've seen zero people two people say something nice about it.

If Empyrean wasn't released in such a half-baked and buggy state, the general consensus would have been far more positive.

Don't get me wrong - I think Railjack is generally enjoyable (when it's working as intended), it offers something new for players to do, adds a bit of depth to the game that's needed, and it has great potential.

However, there are things that, quite honestly, tarnish the experience somewhat - things that I feel could have been avoided if they'd delayed releasing for at least a week or two.

On 2019-12-18 at 4:51 PM, AlphaPHENIX said:

Presses X to doubt with Sancti Tigris that can't two-shot Lancers.

I have little problem killing these enemies up through Saturn... using my Riven on my ultra-meta Catchmoon, at point-blank range... and as many buffs as I can cram into Arcanes and Warframe, with optimal damage types, etc.

Everything else just feels like I'm hitting a Fomorian with foam darts.

10 minutes ago, LeakingAmps said:

I have little problem killing these enemies up through Saturn... using my Riven on my ultra-meta Catchmoon, at point-blank range... and as many buffs as I can cram into Arcanes and Warframe, with optimal damage types, etc.

Railjack enemies have higher heath than normal enemies at the same level, as a result, they are tankier,

The journey so far - after 20 min of mission find out that we have quest but NO MARKERS-WAYPOINTS. Awesome. Next 20 min (literally) we were looking for mission target. In space,yeah. thousands of meters back and forth...god,awful. luckily we found it. 23 min later.

This is NOT OK.

fSsUHjc.jpg

3 hours ago, LeakingAmps said:

Everything else just feels like I'm hitting a Fomorian with foam darts.

Well sorry for wanting to use parts of my arsenal that aren't ''ultra-meta''.

Can i suggest 2 things that i think it would be easy to do and it would be a nice to have.

1º- make a scrap option for the armaments like there is for the avionics (running missions over and over and scraping things (armaments: weapons etc...) we don't need/want one by one its a bit tedious).

2º- make the materials in missions pop up even more or be noticeable in the mini map during or after the mission is done -> (done but we run around collecting things); specially the mod/avionics/weapons etc...; from my experience so far, i think we leave a lot of them behind after we are done and get back to the drydock.

On 2019-12-18 at 10:31 PM, Max7238 said:

This is your biggest foully. Reseting people who have spent years (and probably a lot of money) on the game is not acceptable. It's not fun, not rewarding, doesn't feel like an accomplishment to overcome, and is very disrespectful of our time and effort before this.

Intrinsics? Absolutely. Awesome idea. Love it to death.

Random resource #27 that people need to learn to pronounce, that only affects this ONE area of content? It's been awful since Plains of Eidolon, and doing it repeatedly only makes it feel worse every single time it happens. If I wanted a reset, I'd play another game. I'm trying to continue this one. There are more than enough resources as it is. I KIND OF get adding Dirac, but this business of repeatedly getting slapped back to 0 is exceedingly frustrating. If it were any other game, any other dev, I'd have quit at the Plains for this.

Please, for the sake of players of all Mastery Ranks, play styles, schedules, ages, and locations, please stop doing this with resources. It is my single biggest complaint, with the second being that daily cap on standing that you (THANK YOU) didn't do this time around.

Ideally, DE would at least mix and match. Use a few new things, but use a lot of old things as well. You know, like Warframe and weapon builds tend to do.

New open zones (POE, Orb Vallis, and now Proxima/space) don't have to have an entirely new set of resources.

I have stockpiles of materials that feel nearly useless most of the time. I like that a few of them I can trade to others who might need them (Star Crimzian), but most are untradeable. 

Loving empyrean so far, my only complaint is the degree of rng on some avionics like battle avionics and zekti versions of certain effects like damage and crit chance. Would also be nice for the RNG on the vidar and lavan components to not be only 2% on mission complete, but worry about nitpicky stuff *after* the holidays! Most fun I've had in warframe in at least half a year since I got most of my ship up to tier 3. You guys should be proud, it'll be a while before I'm bored of it. Happy Holidays DE :)

On 2019-12-19 at 6:17 PM, IamLoco said:

Well replacing a bad reward with another bad one doesn´t make much sense.

2500 credits as a reward is of course a joke. But getting another Lith, Meso, Neo...relic that you already have 125032 times won´t make you happy either.

It should be a REWARD, not a "meh, really" placeholder.

I think if they reward us with credits, it should scale according to the region and mission type because of the time spent and difficulty to clear it. The reason behind it is Jupiter and the Void takes longer than the average 5 minutes clear compared to survival, defense, and most other missions. 

I do feel disappointed when I get a Relic when doing Empyrean missions. These missions aren't designed to farm Relics efficiently so its a lot of effort for a paltry reward. I presume next year is when they add a new warframe, archwing, or weapon to the loot table, then Empyrean will feel more rewarding.

Very disappointing..

What disgusts me the most is that not only you do not value your player base you also do not value your own staff. This update had so much potential, the art is beautiful the Sentient tile set is amazing you even made arch wing fun. However all the positives about it are void to null. 

Let me start by the state of the update. It is borderline unplayable. Mods are not being applied, player models freezing mid animation with nothing to do but alt f4. Getting instantly killed when going in to a crew ship/objective. Getting instantly killed going out of crew ship/RailJack/objective. Finishers not working. No arch-wing when in space cant do anything but die. No arch-gun when in arch-wing, having to use your Baza prime in space. Intrinsic levels being underwhelming. Game crashes. And that is just the tip of the iceberg,

How and who was testing this? You acknowledged post release that Amesha needs tweaking. It was unchanged for years... Did Scott and Sheldon really solo the missions using itzal or they didn't know Amesha abilities? How about you tweak the other arch-wings instead of nerfing the one thing that works in a PVE FKN GAME. How about balancing the other guns before you nerf Cyngas?

Economy.. oof did you really need community feedback to assert that if a repair needs 15 000 Titanium and it drops in quantities of 7 then players would not be super happy. Lies, this was intentional so that people would pay for repair drones. 2 hot fixes and no economy balance?! Not to mention that Vacuum needs to have a much bigger AOE how did you not think about that when testing the content ?

Wreckage is a flat out scam. No indicator of your current wreckage amount. Hidden randomized stats.. I remember Steve said on a dev stream that he is ''googling Endgame'' to work on it. Here is a hint, this is not it Bob. So many mods are effectively a 0.1%-0.2% drop, as you first need to roll for a mod drop and then roll a stupid 1-2% to get that one mod that is selling for 500p in trade chat. Oh sorry i forgot about the fact that to the majority of mods there is another layer of RNG as per 3 houses that you have as manufacturers...I understand that coding is hard and designing exciting game mechanics takes time. But you worked on this for a year and then it seems that you just gave up and said ''this is fine, this will do, Reb really wants to go to that game show award thing''..

The reactors. So, many mods, cant fit them, OK. Need a better reactor OK. 2% drop chance Ok. But what is NOT OK is that Vidar reactor rolls are from 30-100 capacity. WHY? Why are Engines in that 2% pool Lavan/Vidar Engines are almost always useless. It just feels super insulting. 

And finally the rewards.. How many pages of feedback do you have on rewards that have accumulated over the years ? What do they all talk about ? Al tell you, as you seem to have a memory span of a gold fish. THE REWARDS ARE UNDERWHELMING. You got rid of those enormous chunks of credits that the update was shipped with, thank you. But what did you put in ? Relics.... have we really no place to farm relics ? 40 seconds to get a relic solo in the void. 2 minutes in Disruption. and even if you have an optimized team and you make sub 9 min runs getting a relic or  Dirac is the equivalent of meeting your fan on the street and just spitting in his face. Talking about Disruption. You did very good here. Excellent game more good rewards. Why do you have to nullify all of the hard work you put in update 27 and ruin everything by the initial release is beyond me.        

Happy Holidays! However still, absorb a rooster

Now that I've played a little railjack, I like it a lot, "kudos for pleasing a critic", but...

I think it would be very beneficial to put together a little fun procedure (to do list) to take out boarded ships. Something that breaks the monotony of break in shoot breakout only. Also not escaping in time should have grave consequences!!! After all walking a tightrope a foot off the ground has no stakes!

As it stands now just going in and wasting the reactor only just trivializes the content to a one note task which in return (becomes dull and uninspired) erases all the effort everyone has put in. "You already have enough systems to fill this repetition out of this equation". It's just needs to make sense and be more engaging that what is currently on offer.

IT'S NOT THAT YOU AREN'T CREATING CONTENT!!! DE you are killing yourself making content you don't have to engage in and then the only recourse is to make u do the same thing 1000 times...stop! Check this out I'd rather do 2 things 500 times even better, 4 things 250 times you get the point. Concentrate on making rail Jack permeable through out and emergent. Not off to the side like a neglected other.

Love the changes to archwing...thank u finally. did it really take that long to remove excessive over inertia. It was the first problem I experienced when I first got in one...Way back b4 Atari. 

Now how about independent controls and sliders for fine tuning inputs.

How about leaving/to and fro the open world via orbiter or super boost out of the plains/vallis to your railjack. intersect all of the games regions to Essentially make a big gameplay loop.

Lastly, I recently fought lephantis b4 and after MONSTER HUNTER...oh boy! Something became immediately clear. This explains why you need to keep pumping out content...with MH these enemies/ bosses actually wrestle with you without becoming on/off invincibility mechanics you so often use. Just by making the monster entertaining to fight in the first all they have to do is let it go and gameplay just happens. Not with warframes bosses. They sit there with vague hit boxes (gotta line up with the stars to have successful contact) with a billion HPS. Going from invincible to not invincible, repeat.

This game is unique that's why I talk about it and still play it with all the oversights it has. Solve these problems and warframe will be that game. If not......

Tldr; Recap: engagement not grind. Refinement of the systems currently ingame will reveal just how much content is actually here. 

U can't fix bad gameplay with more grind.

Part of the problem with the current loot and resource progression system is that it is Exponential rather than Logarithmic. Void Hole increases your farming efficiency by orders of magnitude, and this is reflected in its platinum cost. Bulkhead variants have values of +90%, +120%, +250%, +500%, exacerbating the "constantly repairing the ship" problem. These are the two most basic elements of this game, killing enemies and not dying. Why are they following an exponential curve along which the progression is more heavily gated by RNG than any other part of the game? I'm literally just farming Earth until I get something that can make Veil actually enjoyable instead of a boring slog of slowly shooting (healing) enemies and repairing the ship.

Another part of the problem is that Railjack as it is currently is hectic without being fast-paced. A fast pace means that my mind is reacting quickly to an enemy that is also reacting quickly to me. Railjack is being trapped in the body of a snail with the mind of a rabbit, fighting enemies about as fast as a turtle. Thus, when people are given the body of a rabbit via Void Hole, it trivializes the content, because the content was artificially difficult to begin with.

I'm with everyone here who says the grind is horrendous and makes it pay-to-win (hello Rush Repair Drone). Yes indeed, the amount of resources you get vs the amount required to build stuff is absolutely atrocious. This old problem reminds me of back when Plains of Eidolon was released. It's THAT exact same problem, only this time it's pay-to-win (hello Rush Repair Drone). What makes this even worse is that the rewards pool for clearing each mission include normal resource like Ferrite. FERRITE. I'm pretty sure anyone who has reached MR 7 would have all the Ferrite hey need to build anything that requires Ferrite. I already have almost 1 million of the damn thing, I don't need 1.5k more every time I clear a Railjack mission. Can you please leave the normal resources out of Railjack missions? Because if I would ever need Ferrite, I can easily raise 1.5k or 2k just by running any missions on the places where they are present. What I need after clearing each mission is 1.5k Titanium, not 1.5k Ferrite.

I dont mind that the reactors and such are given random stats but DE please for the love of RNGesus let us improve those parts with resources. especially since all the mk3 reactors i got from the veil where worse than the sigma mk 3. Let us use resources to improve the quality of the parts we get. so i can increase my avionics capacity based on my ambitions for grinding and not needing to rely on a random number being high. 

On 2019-12-23 at 10:32 PM, Rhekemi said:

Ideally, DE would at least mix and match. Use a few new things, but use a lot of old things as well. You know, like Warframe and weapon builds tend to do.

New open zones (POE, Orb Vallis, and now Proxima/space) don't have to have an entirely new set of resources.

I have stockpiles of materials that feel nearly useless most of the time. I like that a few of them I can trade to others who might need them (Star Crimzian), but most are untradeable. 

A bit further along in research now and I'm actually pleased with the balance of resources. Several old materials I already have stockpiled being required for research was nice.

Archived