Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #135: Empyrean!

[DE]Rebecca

Couple of questions:

Will you add purchasable configuration slots to Operator clothing like you did with Warframes?

Are there any plans for the wall melee attacks (wall latch+melee)? The stat was removed from the arsenal but the mechanic is still there. Adding an interesting attack would be a good chance to make all the wall latch mods more inviting.

Thank you for all your work ❤️

List of bugs in this spoiler.

Spoiler

-Controllers are 'not yet configured' for Railjack use from my experiences so far, tapping 'left' or 'right' on D-pad shuts down ability to operate the ship, and I can't access my ship dodging abilities because they're bound to the Descend key which means all dodges go down only. Also: A for up doesn't work (last I checked). The aiming system for the pilot guns on the Railjack makes me want it as an option for all forms of gameplay, but the aiming itself feels abrupt and jittery at times unlike the smooth handling in the 2018 demo - might be team lag?

-Controller keybinding is actually very limited. In the Warframe Ability menu, I want to be able to put my Railjack Tac interface as a keybind in there, and when using a Railjack there's barely any room to fit all of it's keybinds due to the keybind options being limited. An option to make it 'bind to [key]' where [key] is whatever button you tap/hold next would go a long way in making rebinding easier for some.

-Railjack/Crewship collision with other ships sometimes has no effect?

-Depending on the lobby, Railjacks may spawn with or have defective guns - being unable to use the pilot guns or side guns due to side 'saddles' having been displaced and the guns somehow crammed into the interior. Interior parts may also be missing entirely, and Ramsleds may 'shield' fatal failure holes in some cases.

-Resources/loot dropped on interiors - and on crewships - aren't shared, can this be rectified?

-Maximum storage for temp. resources for repairs needs to be tripled - or needs a 'refine per material' mode so we don't lose -all- our resources we need for quick-fixes mid-mission.

-When caught in direct firing lines, a Railjack's survival can last as little as mere seconds before it and it's crew can retaliate. This forces a gameplay niche of hiding the Railjack and 'borrowing' crewships to do all the legwork until there's nothing left to worry about, or having the Railjack sit back in higher levels until the enemy is dealt with due to how starting Railjack gear, even with Avionics, drops -incredibly- quickly (and is first visible when at later Earth missions, as well as Saturn missions and beyond). 

-Sometimes, your Warframe will use Archweapons while boarding an enemy location, but this is a visual bug only.

-Often, clipping/visual issues can be seen on exits from interiors, and interior entrances often don't show the interior/open. Most noticable with idle stations having a wildly rotating skybox.

-Some people have reported loss of functionality when trying to enter/exit things.

-This is a feature, don't remove it: Operators -can- use Railjack turrets, weaponry, and piloting seat without issue. Maybe add a secret anti-Sentient bonus to Railjack weapons when Tenno are directly manning them?

List of questions in spoilers below:

Spoiler

-More Umbra things (i.e: Braton, Lato, Paris, Kunai, [unique staff, Umbra edition], fellow ex-Dax)?
-What's up with that 3rd Orb Mother?
-Railjack gameplay variants beyond plain old Exterminations planned for implementation?
-An old idea already proven, but, Warframe edition: take a Grineer Galleon, then a Corpus Obelisk, put them side by side, allow us to pilot fighters for one side or another, and knock the other capital down. With ability to ramsled into the other ship.
This can start as an Invasion mission type, and later me introduced into Conclave with loadout restrictions (i.e: no double/bullet-jumping, no powers, faction-specific weapon sets) as an experiment? I assure you this would be amazing.
-When will I be able to check my Intrinsics from my Railjack on the Orbiter?
-Any plans to augment existing mission types to allow for Railjack intervention?
-Will Stalker ever get an Archwing / when will Stalker Mode happen?
-When can we expect to see the ability to mix-and-match Railjack style-parts?
-When will characters take notice of Umbra (i.e: Teshin, Baro, Maroo, and so on)?
-Can Umbra be given the allied Lich passive of joining you mid-combat with the last loadout you were using on him (or random weapons from your arsenal) when he's 'sleeping'?
-There's a lot of content (i.e: Sentient dropships) that has 'vanished' or is supposedly still in the works, and news on this?
-Any progression with cross-progression/save/play? Will there eventually be a way for Warframe to be the same game across all platforms - except each platform's launcher only has that platform's exclusives accessible et-cetera?
-Can we see more 'missions with unique dialogue' like the old Quests were, to allow for bosses to feel like they have a real world-affecting presence besides lounging in their arenas? This can reuse any event content related to them - like when Vor was an admiral, etc... - and would be a great way to remind people of how people inadvertently developed the plot.

What more types of Railjack missions have you planed? Like will we get spy, defens, survival missions with a railjack twist?
Or add a new ones like liberation missions, you capture a point/zone/terratory and defend it, then go on to the next one untill you have captured  4 or 5, then mission compleate.
Or even a heist mission, a mini raid (still 4 players) where you have to work as a team (like split up) to steal alot of resources, but not to much, from enemy ships or stations and you has to use every tool and weapon you have to compleat it.

And lastly, proper Railjack assassination missions. Any plans?
Not as grand as Liches will be. But more like you get 1 point after every sucsessfull mission, and in exchange for 6 or 7 pionts you can take on the "Orbital command officer". It begins as a normal mission, but BAM, "Tenno, readin a huge translating reading. Something big is coming". In pops a gallion (or corpus capitalship). Officer talks a bit. Then you can either sneak onboard or go guns blazing. It all ends in you killing the officer and then have to escape. Or you can just blow the ships core, but if so you get a " hunters mark", because the officer survived , and he can now invade any Railjack mission in "Railhunter crew ship", maybe to your advantage maybe not.

will we ever be able to have multiple pets out in the orbiter? the kitten/puppycam you had a few weeks back made me jealous ;_;

is there any chance of you adding matchmaking for derelict/mutalist alad v/jordas golem?

speaking of derelict, is there any chance of you adding other routes to get kavat dna? i miss being able to get them from alerts, and nora never sells them 😞

are there any plans to fix operator waistband cosmetics? (thread here)

irl floofs when?

1 hour ago, Violet_Sororia said:

Back at Tennocon you guys showed new lighting and rendering tech, and i was wondering if that is still being worked on? 

They also showed how great liches were going to be and how great Empyrean was and look what we got.  If they add that tech in then we will all be playing 8 bit since they seem to bug everything. 

Questions:

You have had 6 updates in 5 days.  Are you going to figure out how to do more bug fixes since this trend is getting worse and worse?

You say you are listening to feedback but only gave lootshare on 2 blueprints in railjack. Why did you not have all loot shared like was shown on stream before?  Will this be implemented since it is a common feedback escpecially if loot is on certain ships.  If so when?

Edit: Also AI crew when?

Also why did you think that rng on weapons was something of value?

Also are you actually listening to feedback or is it just PR and you dont listen to actually good feedback?

Also can I play a game of Mastermind with Steve in which a wrong selection allows me to punch him in the face? Since he seems to think that is enjoyable.

Can we fix Archwing. It's the weakest part of railjack and possibly the most important part of railjack missions. The archwing took several steps back in enjoyment and their importance in missions increased tremendously. The weapon nerfs do not make any sense. With such a vast combat area why cant we use our weapons to their fullest potential. Why are forced into these close quarters dog fights. Archwing has less armor, arch weapon has less range and damage. It should be an enjoyable experience to be savored. As it stands the archwing parts suck and the whole grindyness of the railjack just makes it very difficult to fully enjoy. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Ask your Empyrean questions here!

Don't really have questions but instead they are all doubt on the implementation since Lich system.

I just want to say... making game is for players to enjoy and have fun, and it is not about frustrating and anger players (eg, nerf all stuffs that players enjoy to use instead of buffing the lousier ones)

1 hour ago, M3JA said:

Any news soon on the 3rd Orb on Fortuna?

Can we get some new water and nature (trees, vines...) Dojo decorations?

And possibly new zaw types on Cetus (nunchucsks, dual swords, two handed nikana, sparring fists, dual daggers, whips...)?

Also, any plans on expanding the general map size of Cetus? its kind of small for a beautiful open world don't you think

I don't think so with the new zaws. That would take WAY to much planning in the way of figuring out how players would combine the parts.

Currently the Rhino Rubedo plated and the Vauban phased skin don't have a toggle for prime parts. Can these skins get revisited, since not only what i mention before is true, the phased skin is bugged so that it doesn't show prime coattails and has several black areas that used to have the phased texture on them, but have now disappear. 

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Will Intrinsics and their Mastery be weighted differently? Currently 90% of Mastery is from 50% of the grind, and the last 10% is ... well ... the other 50% of the grind. The structure for cost is fine (doubling each rank), but the journey to rank 10 should award you more Mastery as you go.

So far I'm enjoying Empyrean, aside from some issues with getting enough resources and the costs. Questions below.

• For Railjack equipment, how does the RNG on the gear work is there a min and max per tier, MK I vs MK II and will we as players be able to the upper and lower RNGness similar to how Path of Exile or Diablo 3 shows it? I ask because I've seen some MK I wreckage that just makes any MK II I've seen look like a poor choice.
  • Railjack mission rewards, is there a reason why we can get normal planetary resources as mission rewards instead of the RJ specific resources? Personally finishing a mission and getting another 2k ferrite just feels weird when I'm desperate for Pustrels or something else.
  • In the same vein any chance we might be able to deploy extractors to Railjack planetary nodes for resources?
  • This is mostly for Steve, you'd mentioned before you'd wanted to test some modified stats for enemy crew in Railjack. Now that it's out and you're getting data how are you feeling about the experiment?
  • Are their any plans to modify Archwing's and their weapons further now with Railjack? Currently Archwings feel less like Tenno fighters and more like mobile coffins since they die in one or two hits, and the arch weapons seem to do nothing or the enemies can actively out run the speed of projectiles, fluctus being a prime example.
  • Also what was the thought process on removing hitscan from all archweapons?

Archived