[DE]Helen

PSA: Empyrean Coming to Nintendo Switch Early 2020

c3c80f99d062c0d0f1950fe82d5a60f5.jpg&key

Empyrean: Update 27.0.5 is in development and set to arrive early 2020 on Nintendo Switch! As Empyrean launches on PS4 and Xbox One, we want to make sure you’re informed about what to expect of Warframe on the Nintendo Switch as we near the end of the year.

We’re delighted that we were able to ship the remastered Rising Tide update before the holidays, so you could enjoy meeting Cephalon Cy and build your Railjack. Despite unforeseen issues with Cert last month, we were able to quickly deliver the latest update. The team was very excited about shipping the build, in addition to getting Warframe down below the base memory allowance (from 22 GB to 16.5GB)! 

While we were able to get Rising Tide out in a speedy fashion, the timing simply didn’t align for us to submit Empyrean to Cert before Nintendo closed for the holidays. That said, the team here at DE is making sure they do what they can before they also leave on break to ensure the update is in top shape once submissions open back up in 2020. 

We will return refreshed and ready to bring you a hearty Empyrean that’s up-to-date on hotfixes with proper consideration for controller bindings and performance!

Thank you for a wonderful first year of Warframe on Nintendo Switch. We’ve learned a lot this year and worked hard with Nintendo to improve Warframe on the platform - everything from game performance to the Cert process itself. We look forward to coming back and starting 2020 strong with Empyrean!

• Like 11
  • Haha 3
  • Satisfied 2
  • Upvote 1

I haven't completed my Railjack yet (almost done, but I'm currently in the process of farming the unvaulted prime parts + Ivara Prime and her primed weapons, which I expect that this will take a few weeks), so this is fine by me. For now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chill out guys, at least we have a timeframe. Warframe is awesome, the team is awesome and as a nintenno, I’m extremely happy! Get a good rest DE, you deserve it! And merry christmas to you and the families!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hopefully this will give our NinTenno some more time to build their Railjacks, as well as give DE some time to look over Rising Tide bugs (Purple lights!! everywhere!!)

Maybe they could get back to Tennogen catchup?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Please fix the archwings squishiness first. More armor, more health, maybe just have archwings take less damage from the enemy attacks due to them not having enough mass for the splash damage to deal that insane damage.

I don't want to be railroaded into only 1 playstyle. There's a lot of problems with the old archwing system implemented including a horrific lack of mods and the ones that are around feel like they just have numbers that are assigned without any reasoning.

I don't mind the wait since it's a great game and it's understandable that you all have to work around nintendo.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'm not doing this again. See you guys in a month, maybe. Going to play dauntless, which is cross platform and has updates released on time.

Edited by (NSW)ArXyn
  • Like 1
  • Woah 2
  • Upvote 4

I hope, by the time this update is out, RNG rolls are refined, and made much more fair. As someone who gets extremely exhausted with RNG elements in games, I don't want to see Warframe relying on those just for player engagement. I've supported DE for almost a year now, and I've seen that RNG is slowly becoming more prevalent in the game, to the point where your luck defines if you get a good item. If DE reads this, I'd like for them to know one thing. RNG causes player burnout much faster than if it weren't present.

• Upvote 1

I understand the stress. Unlike most switch developers, you genuinely try to deliver on such a lackluster console. I do have one thing to ask though. When are we getting cross saves? Thank you so much for your time

• Applause 1

I actually thought Empyrean would not come to console this soon because I am still hearing PC players mourn about current state of Empyrean needs more fixes and balancing.
So I am very much OK with this delaying.

But I hope you guys release some patch to fix bugs like matchmaking issue before holidays. It should be more prioritized than new contents.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eh, not your fault Nintendo's eShop cert department closed for holidays before you guys could submit a build. On the upside, the update gets more polish. Also, people get to prepare for longer. I know other people blast through content but I am nowhere near done with Liches and Grendel etc. I've made my Railjack already, but only because I had the resources ready and waiting.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work, and Merry Christmas to everyone at DE. See ya next year ❤️

I didn't think it would come so soon anyway. I'm still a bit disappointed, I guess I secretly hoped for another good surprise.

Also, from what I saw on the PC forum, it might as well get that extra layer of polish in the meantime. 

I'm okay with this. I'm glad Nintendo gives their staff a long holiday. The video game update can wait. Hopefully we will get a nice polished version of empyrian in 2020

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I dont have any issues with this. I was expecting thew update to be released for every console in early 2020 anyway.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Cephalon_Carinae said:

Yet another disappointment... I still love this game overall, but the disappointments are really flowing towards NinTenno like some angry rapids...

Me too but does anyone notice how the more they upgrade the game, the more downgraded the graphics are(hell even I see a huge downgrade for my Warframe ability icons). It’s understandable but also disappointing on how the switch always suffers and we can’t even cross-save to consoles(we had that gap for pc but not consoles yet...which destiny 2 did it). 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, (NSW)SSStrider said:

Me too but does anyone notice how the more they upgrade the game, the more downgraded the graphics are(hell even I see a huge downgrade for my Warframe ability icons). It’s understandable but also disappointing on how the switch always suffers and we can’t even cross-save to consoles(we had that gap for pc but not consoles yet...which destiny 2 did it). 

It seems to get better and worse some updates. Its definitely gotten better over time though. I compared some old screenshots and it's a big difference. This current update is actually one of the better ones for graphics with the new lighting changes.

We badly need cross saves though. I really hope it's a priority for early 2020, especially with Nintendo delaying the three most recent updates on switch now...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Awesome ! :) Wasn't expecting it 2019 anyway xD And we just received old  bood, rising tide & ivara prime all @ once 🤣😅 There's plenty to do during the holidays to prepare for Empyrean 😊 And when it launches i hope most bugs will be fixed 🙈

• Like 1