PSA: Empyrean Coming to Nintendo Switch Early 2020

[DE]Helen

I unterstand this... but at the same im very sad and disappointed... Once again as a NinTenno i feel left out... Its sad the Nintendo Switch is not longer getting the updates same time as the other consoles... A year ago we started behind the  others.... Catched up... Got the Updates same time as the other consoles... And now we are back to Switch is Behind and if we are lucky we may get it close after the other consoles. 

Like said... I totally understand this situation and im happy for the other consoles that they can now start they railjacks and fly around in space... But i feel left out again and i get more and more demotivated... 

Edited by (NSW)RyuuSouru
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, (NSW)SSStrider said:

Me too but does anyone notice how the more they upgrade the game, the more downgraded the graphics are(hell even I see a huge downgrade for my Warframe ability icons). It’s understandable but also disappointing on how the switch always suffers and we can’t even cross-save to consoles(we had that gap for pc but not consoles yet...which destiny 2 did it). 

Wow, really?

I feel exactly the opposite, the graphics are the best they have ever looked on the Switch. My personal preference was the Saint of Altra build because I love shiny and glossy things, but the remaster plus light changes brought the game to a graphical quality I have never seen on the Switch. I was playing on Lua yesterday and I literally stopped a couple of times just to look around and go "wow" with what I was seeing 

• Like 2

Yeah, he's trolling xP The graphics improved tremendously with the last two updates. 😍 Especially texture quality, lightning, resolution and particle effects. Even in handheldmode the resolution almost never drops below 720p anymore. 🙈 Warframe has become the best looking Switch game to date. Just docked the resolution could be a little higher. (Because right now it's the same as in handheldmode) And the framerate could still improve a little 😅

This delay is perfectly fine for me. Did not expect Empyrean to release this year anyway. Besides that I am still pretty busy with farming Liches and the newly released Ivara Prime so yeah, waiting a bit longer only has good sides for me, not to mention the extra hotfixes we will probably get. 

Rest throughout your deserved holidays DE. 

While I am excited for the next update, I do hope the next update, I do hope instead of launching with the same fixes the other console versions recieved, it also comes with fixes that pc recieved as well.

Also, while not entirely relevant, I hope Archwings get a revamp in emperyan content to make them less flimsy at higher levels after modding, along with changing their abilities to suit the content better. No one wants to use an archwing if it moves way too slow and none of its abilities can hit anything.

Edited by (NSW)Garblon
fixed a typo

3 hours ago, (NSW)Garblon said:

While I am excited for the next update, I do hope the next update, I do hope instead of launching with the same fixes the other console versions recieved, it also comes with fixes that pc recieved as well.

Also, while not entirely relevant, I hope Archwings get a revamp in emperyan content to make them less flimsy at higher levels after modding, along with changing their abilities to suit the content better. No one wants to use an archwing if it moves way too slow and none of its abilities can hit anything.

Sounds like they're still working on it before submission opens up next year and we'll get fixes and Switch specific tweaks.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)mrEkli said:

Sounds like they're still working on it before submission opens up next year and we'll get fixes and Switch specific tweaks.

Yeah they did this with Old Blood. Hopefully happens again here. DE has their own holidays though, so it won't be that that different from what PS4 / Xbox just got

59 minutes ago, (NSW)Cephalon_Carinae said:

"I didnt expect it, and I havent built my personal railjack yet for the co-operative mission type, so I don't care if it comes out"

Lotsa selfish in this thread

I see where you are coming from, but if you allow me, it is actually not a bad thing the update will be postponed to us. I can't believe DE released the update on the other consoles already with SO MUCH to be fixed. I'm a bit relieved the update we will receive will be much better than the one PS4 and XONE are receiving.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Bayodrake said:

I see where you are coming from, but if you allow me, it is actually not a bad thing the update will be postponed to us. I can't believe DE released the update on the other consoles already with SO MUCH to be fixed. I'm a bit relieved the update we will receive will be much better than the one PS4 and XONE are receiving.

It may not be a bad thing, it may be a bad thing - we have no explanation, no reasoning - was there legitimately too much work to do? was there an unexpected problem? does the planning team at DE just not have access to a schedule with holiday dates on it? 

I draw no conclusions because no information was given from DE besides "we're working on it, so we have to keep drawing from the well of Switch player's patience" but the statements stand, i am disappointed, but still both playing and streaming the game

27 minutes ago, (NSW)Cephalon_Carinae said:

It may not be a bad thing, it may be a bad thing - we have no explanation, no reasoning - was there legitimately too much work to do? was there an unexpected problem? does the planning team at DE just not have access to a schedule with holiday dates on it? 

I draw no conclusions because no information was given from DE besides "we're working on it, so we have to keep drawing from the well of Switch player's patience" but the statements stand, i am disappointed, but still both playing and streaming the game

The explanation is already in the OP. Nintendo's cert office closes earlier for the holidays than MS / Sony, and by the time the build was ready for console cert it was too late. 

Edited by (NSW)ohgodzilla
clarifications

I am very curious to see how, this update will run on Switch. The last update caused some weird things on the game, like an strange Purple glow on some surfaces, like the water on Void, Alad V eyes on Jupiter and some light bulb kind of thing else where. It is also having some performance issues, on places in which I did not remember having such issues.  

Like Mutalist Cernos is breaking the game. I was playing a survival mission o Phobos, with it, and the effects of the bow, was causing the frame rate to dip so bad, and when the time, to claim the relic arrived, it was not possible to choose the reward, nor select a relic, because the game was performing so bad, that was not accepting any command, and kept like that until left the mission. 

Selecting mode, and relics are also having some performance issues. 

1 hour ago, (NSW)Yagami_Sama_000 said:

I am very curious to see how, this update will run on Switch. The last update caused some weird things on the game, like an strange Purple glow on some surfaces, like the water on Void, Alad V eyes on Jupiter and some light bulb kind of thing else where. It is also having some performance issues, on places in which I did not remember having such issues.  

Like Mutalist Cernos is breaking the game. I was playing a survival mission o Phobos, with it, and the effects of the bow, was causing the frame rate to dip so bad, and when the time, to claim the relic arrived, it was not possible to choose the reward, nor select a relic, because the game was performing so bad, that was not accepting any command, and kept like that until left the mission. 

Selecting mode, and relics are also having some performance issues. 

That's not issues because of lack of power of the console, they are just bugs. Again, with the Old blood, amny ps4 players were complaining about how the performance dropped considerably, and guess what, we didnt have that issue, nor xbox players.

• Like 1

vor 8 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Kiwihunter063:

I have yet to build the dry dock so that’s  some time

yes YOU may have to. but a lot of people did that und build already the Railjack like much of the Playstation and Xbox Gamer too. and I personally just want that Switch will be treated the same way like the other two consoles.
I feel like a Tenno Third Class...
First Class is clearly PC. They got the Updates First wich is fine and good.
Second Class is Xbox and Playstation. They got the updates a few weeks after the PC
Third Class is Nintendo Switch we will be treated sometimes like Second Class but if something is going a complicated way we got pushed to the side and have to wait.

I just want to be Second Class like the other consoles... i know its hard and i love your good work DE I love this Game and the Community. I know there are a lot of problems which needed to be handled and its hard to treat everyone even, maybe cause of Coding Problems or of problems with Nintendo like Timing to got a Build in the right time in Cert or if they at Nintendo take a few days off cause of Holidays or something like that.

I love Warframe. I spent money in it to help DE and to thank them for this great game.
I was sure that the consoles will get this Update earliest in early 2020 first or second week maybe... but i assumed it would be all consoles and not only Switch.
it is kinda a miracle that Playstation and Xbox got Empyrean soooo fast after the PC that I think that DE maybe worked so hard on it that they wanted to release this update on all platforms at once at the Game Awards but they had maybe not enough time i dont know. I mean not even one week after release on PC? that is damn close. Good Job DE

I love the Passion that everyone at DE have for that Game and the Community.
Im kinda angry and disappointed but I understand the situation (i believe atleast that i do) and we on Switch are just unlucky... S#&$ happens.
so yeah... I will continue to play this game, i will spent more money on it and I will help a lot of NinTennos out there to get along in this great Game.
And 2020 I will become a Ninja Space Pirate.

sorry for that much text... but i had to let my feelings get out.

• Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (NSW)Sabrac:

That's not issues because of lack of power of the console, they are just bugs. Again, with the Old blood, amny ps4 players were complaining about how the performance dropped considerably, and guess what, we didnt have that issue, nor xbox players.

yeah on Playstation it was running @ around 10fps after the old blood and now with Empyrean they have terrible pop-in... 

Also on Switch we just received old blood, ivara and rising tide in two weeks. The other consoles at least had time to finish the old blood.

Considering how long it takes to hunt a lich or build a railjack it's absolutely impossible that switch players finished this content even if they played 24/24...

Switch is also the most work of the consoles because it has motion controls, a portable & docked mode, hd rumble and features like voice chat have to be added manually

Edited by (NSW)Hermy

vor 12 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Hermy:

yeah on Playstation it was running @ around 10fps after the old blood and now with Empyrean they have terrible pop-in... 

Also on Switch we just received old blood, ivara and rising tide in two weeks. The other consoles at least had time to finish the old blood.

Considering how long it takes to hunt a lich or build a railjack it's absolutely impossible that switch players finished this content even if they played 24/24...

Switch is also the most work of the consoles because it has motion controls, a portable & docked mode, hd rumble and features like voice chat have to be added manually

Killed liches and will even when empyrean drops. And my Railjack ist done. there are many players in my alliance who finished their railjack already. it is not impossible...  Im ready to Fly with my Railjack.... i just need Empyrean. Liches will follow us now for a long time i guess. its not what i will permantly do over and over again. i will not farm liches. i do them if im in the mood. i like my liches. they come will hit me hard and maybe they kill me or not. they steal stuff from me, actually i let them xD so it will be like a Pinata or so  in the end. I got all Frames with a few Primes that im missing. im totally ready and im not the only one.

This is disappointing. You've just told us that you have bigger priorities then a entire version of the game. It's not fun to be the black sheep. Everybody has this update except us, and it's upsetting that we are going to get the update in a month. It took you a month to get THE OLD BLOOD out of cert. We deserve to have a full version of Empyrean before the holidays.