Jump to content

PSA: Empyrean Coming to Nintendo Switch Early 2020


[DE]Helen
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's frustrating that a week into the year and i get its been christmas and all but couldn't DE say something? Even if we don't learn much more i just want to know if this updates getting delayed, its still on schedule etc they can't keep us in the dark like this constantly speculating no matter the excuse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, (NSW)mrEkli said:

There's no speculating to do. You're doing that to yourself. This week just started. 

DE's been open for a week (including when they were open between new years and christmas time) and promised early January, if you wanted to get technical early January has almost passed and we haven't heard a word since DE reopened, i'm fine waiting. it's been 2 years you can wait a few more weeks. But i wish they'd be more transparent on getting this update to us. 
edit: I'm not asking for much I get the stress of things but how hard is it to send out a message saying "sorry the update may be delayed" or "we're still on track for early January". Especially after the old blood issue that really wasn't handled well and us constantly getting low blows with each update it'd be nice to know DE cares about the switch community

Edited by (NSW)Evil_X
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Evil_X said:

DE's been open for over a week and promised early January, if you wanted to get technical early January has almost passed and we haven't heard a word since DE reopened, i'm fine waiting. it's been 2 years you can wait a few more weeks. But i wish they'd be more transparent on getting this update to us

I'm just extremely curious how your math works out to 'over a week'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Evil_X said:

DE's been open for a week (including when they were open between new years and christmas time) and promised early January, if you wanted to get technical early January has almost passed and we haven't heard a word since DE reopened, i'm fine waiting. it's been 2 years you can wait a few more weeks. But i wish they'd be more transparent on getting this update to us. 
edit: I'm not asking for much I get the stress of things but how hard is it to send out a message saying "sorry the update may be delayed" or "we're still on track for early January". Especially after the old blood issue that really wasn't handled well and us constantly getting low blows with each update it'd be nice to know DE cares about the switch community

so you expect empyrean bug filled in January? LOL

most likely February like when Fortuna dropped

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, (NSW)Evil_X said:

DE's been open for a week (including when they were open between new years and christmas time) and promised early January, if you wanted to get technical early January has almost passed and we haven't heard a word since DE reopened.

They promised early 2020, not January. Also I would not count a few people working over the break as being open. It's been about 2 days at this point. Nintendo livestream should be tomorrow, so you'll get some info there if there's any to be had. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 13 Minuten schrieb (NSW)ohgodzilla:

They promised early 2020, not January. Also I would not count a few people working over the break as being open. It's been about 2 days at this point. Nintendo livestream should be tomorrow, so you'll get some info there if there's any to be had. 

dont know if we can expect a livestream tomorrow, i mean there werent any livestream today or yesterday for Xbox or Playstation. I think Megan mentioned a Prime Time for this week in the last Xbox Stream. and yeah they said early 2020 and not january but I hope we dont have to wait a whole month more... I want Empyrean and i know it is maybe a mess filled with bugs but I see how much fun other players on all consoles have nonetheless. I just want to be a part of that too...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, (NSW)AmericanAsian said:

Will we get the anomaly with it?

We will be receiving version 27.0.5 same as the release versions on ps4 and xbox. (Confirmed in the Nintenno@10 stream this morning). I'd assume all content from empyrean on other platforms will come with this update but don't really know what there is yet to find in the update so couldn't say for certain

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (NSW)Evil_X said:

We will be receiving version 27.0.5 same as the release versions on ps4 and xbox. (Confirmed in the Nintenno@10 stream this morning). I'd assume all content from empyrean on other platforms will come with this update but don't really know what there is yet to find in the update so couldn't say for certain

I hope that changes I want a less buggy update even if it means a week or two of wait..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alright. The ball is rolling. I just don't have time for the grind at the moment, unfortunately. Life has gotten busy. So I guess I'll be getting empyrean in March or April when I finally get the time again. Lol. Hope you guys have fun. I wouldn't be surprised to see it this week or next week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, (NSW)Eclectics said:

It's a little bit disappointing to hear we're getting the old build, this post seemed to suggest that we'd be getting an up to date build when it finally arrived. 

They're still working on all the bugs from PC and other consoles. If they release the bug fixes as they come, they'd never get around to doing all the other stuff they wanna do. Also people are pressuring them into releasing the update as soon as possible. Therefore they are gonna have to release the buggy update. Otherwise we would get it a week or two later than we wanted to but with all the bug fixes and all in one update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So. There wasn't even a build ready for when Nintendo opened submissions, and the build we will eventually get sometime, whenever its actually finished, is still the old buggy build.

Is any part of this incorrect? Because i continue to be disappointed by the state of planning. And no apologies have been issued? Any kind of acknowlegement that we have just lost a month of farming a 2% Vidar chance? 

Seriously, I know things can't get done before they're done, but when I fail to meet a deadline or make one (or many) mistake(s), I like to at least say so and apologize.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (NSW)Cephalon_Carinae said:

So. There wasn't even a build ready for when Nintendo opened submissions, and the build we will eventually get sometime, whenever its actually finished, is still the old buggy build.

Is any part of this incorrect? Because i continue to be disappointed by the state of planning. And no apologies have been issued? Any kind of acknowlegement that we have just lost a month of farming a 2% Vidar chance? 

Seriously, I know things can't get done before they're done, but when I fail to meet a deadline or make one (or many) mistake(s), I like to at least say so and apologize.

I agree 100 percent 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (NSW)Cephalon_Carinae said:

So. There wasn't even a build ready for when Nintendo opened submissions, and the build we will eventually get sometime, whenever its actually finished, is still the old buggy build.

Is any part of this incorrect? Because i continue to be disappointed by the state of planning. And no apologies have been issued? Any kind of acknowlegement that we have just lost a month of farming a 2% Vidar chance? 

Seriously, I know things can't get done before they're done, but when I fail to meet a deadline or make one (or many) mistake(s), I like to at least say so and apologize.

Seems the switch crowd is the lowest of low priorities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DarkEmber0519 said:

They're still working on all the bugs from PC and other consoles. If they release the bug fixes as they come, they'd never get around to doing all the other stuff they wanna do. Also people are pressuring them into releasing the update as soon as possible. Therefore they are gonna have to release the buggy update. Otherwise we would get it a week or two later than we wanted to but with all the bug fixes and all in one update.

I understand all of that. However, the post that started this thread heavily implied that the update was almost ready but was going to miss the cert deadline, and that we would get an up to date build in early 2020. That clearly isn't the case as the 2019 version still isn't ready to go to cert. To find any of this out, you had to watch a stream. I understand that things can only be done when they're done, but better communication should really be a priority. It solves so many problems when expectations are set correctly and delays are clearly communicated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...