Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 Empyrean: Update 27.0.5 (+Hotfixes)

[DE]Danielle

10 hours ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

100% agree

Not only does it have to be transferred to another build and prepared for certification - which isn't just clicking a single button - but given the certification process, they have to be sure it doesn't end up like where the PC build needed three hotfixes in one day - that's simply not gonna fly on console.

Given how much some of the things are changes , the constant demands from players to incl. the lattest hotfixes from PC rather than just the holiday ones they got prior to the holidays - it'll take some time.

I definitely prefer they take a few extra days to smooth things out, than ending in a situation where "Well, the cert build was approved - but we found out the market will cause a system level crash if you do x, y and z" 

Making games is hard. The fact they managed to get us the Empyrean build before the holidays is really freakin' impressive, as looking back at the history of things - they'd wait till the new year and run a few more hotfixes, prepare it for.. Well, around this time in January.

Meanwhile they're preparing the Corpus for Railjack (Winter Update), Kuva Lich overhaul (Soon I think Steve said?), Fortuna Expansion (Steve's words, not mine!) and the next bigger update for some of the new rendering and whatnot for PC is due January iirc.

PC has had more than a month of double resources... No matter how you look at it, the resource grind is PREDATORY in it's unchanged state, making Rush Repair drones the only viable way of making any progress. 

They have now removed rush repair drones from PC creating a false demand for them on console, now players are stocking up on them and spending more plat. 

If you are going to make changes to one platforms economy the drastically changes the acquirement method of resources, it should happen on all platforms or when it does come on the console it should have quadruple drop rate to make up for the time lost.

It's not like there was a several months between the release of Empyrean, it literally was a week and no matter what, the first hotfix that came out should have been a quick fix to the resource economy that the PC got just before Christmas. 

29 minutes ago, (PS4)scene_cachet said:

Economy

If you want my honest take, I'll say this:

I assume they can't just double ressources in a hotfix, due to it being native code - otherwise it's odd they didn't just throw in a quick "x2" as a hotfix.

However - that doesn't mean they can't make up for it, and I know exactly how; x2 Resource Weekend for consoles.

And before anyone tells me "But that applies everywhere, that's unfair!"

Let me tell you about the Fortuna Profit-Taker event where PC received an extra x2 modifier due to the release schedule timing up with a weekend of x2 credits, which meant they got.. 

*checks*

Source On Reddit: Chroma x2 + Booster x2 (x4) + Buried Event x2 (x8) + Double Credit Event x2 (x16)

We didn't have the Buried Treasure Event avaiable due to the patch not being live at the time for us, which meant we had x8 at max (without kavat) vs theirs x16.

So giving x2 Resource Weekend for PS4/XBO/NSW doesn't seem entirely unfair as a "Hey, actually it does make sense to give console Tenno at least a weekend to make up for it."

Hell, I could make an argument that given PC had a few weeks of being able to trade avionics before the Battle Avionics drop changes - meaning they had weeks of being able to trade the Battle Avionics as rares, whereas we get trading and the new rates/distribution simultaneously - sort of screws with our economy in that sense, too.

I don't mind the above as much, but it is something which could very well be brought up given... Why is it again the Hema costs 5,000 Mutagen Samples? Because it was an error and when you could fix it, enough had invested so it'd be unreasonable to change?

Well, ain't that just a shame (I'm not saying Battle Avionics should remain hard to get, simply saying - one could make an argument past examples could make players believe you would)

20 minutes ago, (PS4)scene_cachet said:

PC has had more than a month of double resources... No matter how you look at it, the resource grind is PREDATORY in it's unchanged state, making Rush Repair drones the only viable way of making any progress. 

They have now removed rush repair drones from PC creating a false demand for them on console, now players are stocking up on them and spending more plat. 

If you are going to make changes to one platforms economy the drastically changes the acquirement method of resources, it should happen on all platforms or when it does come on the console it should have quadruple drop rate to make up for the time lost.

It's not like there was a several months between the release of Empyrean, it literally was a week and no matter what, the first hotfix that came out should have been a quick fix to the resource economy that the PC got just before Christmas. 

yeah I brought 20,   made it saturn proxima and stop playing.... this isnt been impatience DE just didnt want to pay for two crits.. 

I'll admit the Console is in a bad spot right now since it doesn't have the 4% drops on vidar and lavans, the increased end of mission ressource rewards, the fixed avionics drops in veil and other zones, the 90+ Reactors, the marked mods and components in space so you can actually see them and pick them up and like a gazillion other fixes that makes the game-mode more bearable.

I'm guessing the reason why it's talking longer than expected is that they want to sneak in the next nightwave in there, since it's coming soon and it needs to ship at the same time on PC and consoles...  Sending a build without NW to cert right now would probably mean delaying NW for a couple more weeks, which I doubt DE wants.

But yeah, it's hard to justify playing the console version right now due to all these issues, imbalances and crappy drops rates. Before I would keep myself occupied by running the anomalies, but with the hotfix that killed farming for the ephemera, I feel that all that's left to do is wait for the patch because why waste time doing veil missions when they could be rewarding me cool mods, vidar and lavans and good ressources I need to actually craft stuff.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

I'll admit the Console is in a bad spot right now since it doesn't have the 4% drops on vidar and lavans, the increased end of mission ressource rewards, the fixed avionics drops in veil and other zones, the 90+ Reactors, the marked mods and components in space so you can actually see them and pick them up and like a gazillion other fixes that makes the game-mode more bearable.

I'm guessing the reason why it's talking longer than expected is that they want to sneak in the next nightwave in there, since it's coming soon and it needs to ship at the same time on PC and consoles...  Sending a build without NW to cert right now would probably mean delaying NW for a couple more weeks, which I doubt DE wants.

But yeah, it's hard to justify playing the console version right now due to all these issues, imbalances and crappy drops.

According to the Dev stream, Nightwave is a very long way away. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Before I would keep myself occupied by running the anomalies, but with the hotfix that killed farming for the ephemera, I feel that all that's left to do is wait for the patch because why waste time doing veil missions when they could be rewarding me cool mods, vidar and lavans and good ressources I need to actually craft stuff.

100% what happened to me

I know the chance was SLIM, but given I can solo Veil easily, I thought "Eh, I will have a go and also scan for the codex"

I'm glad they removed the ephemera, as the chance was awful and prefer a better way, but now I know we get Elites dropping Battle Avionics, twice as high shot at Vidar and more resources, well..

And I even bought a booster because I wanted to get the third.. I forgot it's name, the R3 torpedo weaponry - and needed Titanium. When I got 15K (the weapon was 6k) I was thinking "oh maybe I can repair a wreckage"

I laughed at the obscene amount of Titanium required. Like, it's not bad at all when you know what the rates are changing to, and they had 2500 Titanium Twtch Drops Friday, but when you're on console atm and see the current rates, it's hard not to just laugh at how impossible it is.

Am 21.1.2020 um 00:04 schrieb (PS4)scene_cachet:

It was released shortly before christmas so ppl spent christmas money on it.  Now its new year and its not that important any more.

Well it has been good to read so much discussion about a possible console update / hotfix / patch since my earlier post.

Normally I am happy to wait, to just continue to play other stuff, and let the poor PC players run the Beta version of any new material.

For me at least Empyrean and its many, many issues is different. 

The current console version is so very broken that it is really sad that DE shipped it in this state. The resource economy was shipped in an extremely poor fashion. Was this deliberate? The console version all but ensures that any player wishing to upgrade their railjack must spend plat buying repair drones.

The lack of clearly marked component, armament and avionic drops has been acknowledged by DE as causing loot to be left uncollected.

I understand and appreciate that Warframe is a "free to play" game. I also understand and appreciate that we have just been through the Christmas / Holiday season. However, De made the decision to ship the console version when it did. DE therefore needs to take responsibility for the ill feeling the current version has caused console players.

Any direct feedback to this post from any DE representative would be greatly appreciated.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

Well it has been good to read so much discussion about a possible console update / hotfix / patch since my earlier post.

Normally I am happy to wait, to just continue to play other stuff, and let the poor PC players run the Beta version of any new material.

For me at least Empyrean and its many, many issues is different. 

The current console version is so very broken that it is really sad that DE shipped it in this state. The resource economy was shipped in an extremely poor fashion. Was this deliberate? The console version all but ensures that any player wishing to upgrade their railjack must spend plat buying repair drones.

The lack of clearly marked component, armament and avionic drops has been acknowledged by DE as causing loot to be left uncollected.

I understand and appreciate that Warframe is a "free to play" game. I also understand and appreciate that we have just been through the Christmas / Holiday season. However, De made the decision to ship the console version when it did. DE therefore needs to take responsibility for the ill feeling the current version has caused console players.

Any direct feedback to this post from any DE representative would be greatly appreciated.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

In the stream, Danielle said it was ‘tricky’ getting it into cert for consoles. I don’t actually know why this particular build is tricky, especially since they’ve been doing certs right along.

I dont know any person who likes this update now , everyone hates it because ppl played it, and everyone wasted hours because the game was so bugged, all loot lost, all progress lost. And then ppl see we sit on this version of the game for such a long time with so much gamebreaking bugs (this version got patched shortly after release on pc) and the patch was already there but since console isnt worth it , this patch gets delayed until there is more to patch.

It looks like you dont care about 50% of your playerbase. last time you did not update this game for two months it was after arbitration revisited which was realesed on PC September 18 we get those changes two month later alongside Grendel and Kuva liches November 19th. Currently we are left with broken railjack economy, beyond broken avionics drop chance and @[DE]Danielle said during last PS4@4 stream that consoles gonna get update after new content... you said last devstream that you are focusing on ballancing railjack. So when new content?

25 minutes ago, (PS4)mpo3o said:

It looks like you dont care about 50% of your playerbase. last time you did not update this game for two months it was after arbitration revisited which was realesed on PC September 18 we get those changes two month later alongside Grendel and Kuva liches November 19th. Currently we are left with broken railjack economy, beyond broken avionics drop chance and @[DE]Danielle said during last PS4@4 stream that consoles gonna get update after new content... you said last devstream that you are focusing on ballancing railjack. So when new content?

Its painfully obvious DE don’t want to pay for two crits, beside those repair drones are selling like hot cakes so why rush..  we only want to look like we care, if that coast us money,  sorry guys your all on your own,   funny how the prime access patch  has never been late,  not once…Good luck selling that may I add....

Warframe's PS4 playerbase must be the more disrespectful and ungrateful community of any game to ever exist.

Claiming the developers don't care, despite listening to the demands of those who yell "WHY DON'T YOU INCL. THE LATEST HOTFIX?!?!?!?" while also making sure to add console-specific optimisation.. Wow

@[DE]Danielle clearly felt really bad having to tell "Hey, we're waiting for the next update for PC so you can get all caught up as well" because she knows personally how the current build is, yet you are yelling and attacking her and the rest of DE

Claiming they don't care is a level of ignorance which shouldn't be rewarded, so no wonder they don't reply to you if that's your approach.

8 hours ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

Warframe's PS4 playerbase must be the more disrespectful and ungrateful community of any game to ever exist.

You right that we should cool our jets alittle.  The devs and team do care and are doing their best.. so we shouldn't have said that.   But it's just as hyperbolic to say a whole playerbase is this way. ..    I don't even blame the devs,  some one higher up is responsible. 

It's been hard to be positive about warframe lately. .. with them adding more RNG  more grind  more  bugs, And more rushed releases. ...   so sorry devs for been a little over emotional. ... trying to stick with you. .  Hoping for a great 2020...

28 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

You right that we should cool our jets alittle.  The devs and team do care and are doing their best.. so we shouldn't have said that.   But it's just as hyperbolic to say a whole playerbase is this way. ..    I don't even blame the devs,  some one higher up is responsible. 

It's been hard to be positive about warframe. .. with them adoing more RNG  more grind  more  bugs.  And more rushed releases. ...   so sorry devs for been a little over emotional. ... trying to stick with you. .  Hoping for a great 2020...

I respect this message so much - genuinely. Honestly I think DE has one issue which goes back to my TennoGen post on the previous page.

They are more often than not silent, which I understand they often have to, but... 

- The visual bug for Eidolons/Thumpers is roughly a year old, and they have not as much as said a word to acknowledge it's something they are aware of

- TennoGen is simply inexecusable since they kept saying "we'll give details about the changes as we progres", but it's not clearer yet whatsoever

- "We are waiting for PC's next update" and "soon" I understand why people get frustrated by - as what is soon? Soon can be hours, or it can be weeks/months - when no context is given it's just making people question. (I assume soon is next week, as I think that's when they said they'd have the PC's tech update ready for opt-in, but does that mean we've to wait till the week after for a cert build?  - that means we're in February. That doesn't sound good to tell your players, but it's a lot better than making the wait about the PC build, as it makes people feel underprioritised)

Fully understand PC is priority - but DE have people tied to the console build, afaik Megan and Danielle are the community folks tied to Xbox/PS? So, why can't we get a bit more communication.

We've seen game developers who overcommunicated and it ended poorly, but.. If you make big changes to TennoGen distribution, delay patches, etc.. Maybe give it more than a few lines on a stream.

At the same time, people shouldn't be so angry at people like Danielle abd Megan. I watched the intro to PS4 @ 4, and Danielle was aware the message she had to share wasn't exactly good news. She could luckily add that the console team is working on optimisation the consoles needed after things broke time ago, but it was pretty clear she didn't like having to tell us "We're waiting for a PC build so you can get an up-to-date cert build."

I will say.. Maybe the extra cert build is worth it if "soon" means consoles get it the first week of February, as.. DE knows how bad the build currently is, and even how it was for PC players in early January - which is further along than ours.

Unless "soon" is tonight/tomorrow you can start making the cert build.. Well, you definitely put console players in a situation where your new mode has been unbearable with PUGs (there's a reason I solo Veil, it's not because I hate people using my railjack - but because they anyway quit if there's an anomaly and they don't get Shedu parts, or if they don't get a BP for Pennant/Quellor.

Plus it's faster to park my Railjack in safety, solo in AW - which is not how you designed this mode I assume, but.. It is a worse experience if I allow anyone in my Squad.)

My wish... Warframe 2020 - Console Edition: Let's Communicate More, Eh?

HOTFIX 4: 

This Hotfix is bringing in some behind the scenes goods to be revealed at a later date! We are still building for a bigger Update that will bring many Railjack changes and fixes, you can read our plans for the first console update of 2020 in the PSA we posted earlier this week. 

Fixes: 

• Fixed being in Operator mode in the Dry Dock and then starting a Railjack mission resulting in your Operator being in it’s non-combat Dojo state.

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

HOTFIX 4: 

This Hotfix is bringing in some behind the scenes goods to be revealed at a later date! We are still building for a bigger Update that will bring many Railjack changes and fixes, you can read our plans for the first console update of 2020 in the PSA we posted earlier this week. 

Fixes: 

• Fixed being in Operator mode in the Dry Dock and then starting a Railjack mission resulting in your Operator being in it’s non-combat Dojo state.

thank you so much

Archived