Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with red dojo decorations, not able to place decorations where they should be fine.

PollexMessier

Question

Is there a way around this garbage?

Warframe0188.jpg

I'm strongly of the opinion that this shouldn't even be a feature at all. I don't really see any issue with being able to block a door or intractable object for pretty much any reason, waterfalls have no collision anyways, and we can select objects through walls already as a failsafe for placing them out of bounds. it's a pointless restriction. As you can see I'm trying to place a waterfall in roughly the same position as the ones on the opposite side of the room. its not that it's just too far into the wall, it stays red a good several feet away from it too. It seems like my issue is, the hitbox that determines how close you're allowed to place something to the door on that wall is dramatically larger for that door specifically. The other 3 doors on those walls allow me to place waterfalls the same closeness to them as shown on the left side of the image. and, unintuitively, I can place other objects much closer to it than I can waterfalls, tho still not as close as I can to the other ones. Yeah the doors are out of frame but if you know this room you have a decent idea of where they are. This one just seems to be broken. I tried removing the room out of that door to see if the room was the issue and the problem persisted. Even weirder this hitbox seems to arbitrarily change in size for no discernible reason. Objects I placed there successfully would later have some conflict when I tried to alter them in any way. and other times I can place objects much closer than I could the day before. other doors in the room don't have this inexplicable variance.

So my question is, is there any workaround for this? Or am I just gonna have to live with it and come up with something else.

4 answers to this question

There really isn't a work around. I have found that the conflict area around doors can vary depending on if the room console is in the area as well. I can't see from the pic, but if that door has the console, it will have a larger hit box on that side.

Also, I have found that different ends of objects have different abilities for clipping. For instance, the wall tiles have an end where they can clip, and an end where they cannot clip. With some practice you will learn where that is for the pieces you are trying to place. It really all a matter of trial and error. Sooner or later you will be able to do some pretty amazing things.

Hope that helps a bit.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

There really isn't a work around. I have found that the conflict area around doors can vary depending on if the room console is in the area as well. I can't see from the pic, but if that door has the console, it will have a larger hit box on that side.

Also, I have found that different ends of objects have different abilities for clipping. For instance, the wall tiles have an end where they can clip, and an end where they cannot clip. With some practice you will learn where that is for the pieces you are trying to place. It really all a matter of trial and error. Sooner or later you will be able to do some pretty amazing things.

Hope that helps a bit.

that door doesn't have a console. It's identical to 3 other doors in that room that don't have the same issues. there are two more doors in that room I'm not mentioning because they're positioned differently, one of those has the console. I can place objects much closer to the 3 other doors in the room, one being an exact copy, and the other 2 are mirrored. the waterfalls on the left are on ether side of one of mirrored doors in exactly the same position I'm trying to place the red one. I know what you're talking about with the points on some objects not being able to clip, it's the anchor point that the object rotates around that shows the XYZ arrows and rotation. I have no problem clipping that point into walls and other objects. I'm quite good at getting it into places it shouldn't be able to go, A good deal of decorations in the frame of that picture are already placed in such a way. But that doesn't cause this red issue. Only doors and intractable objects do, also sometimes walls but not always for some reason. and if you're trying to clip something into an intractable decoration, you can clip it in by moving the intractable decoration inside of it instead of the other way around. I'm not a novice at this

The hitbox around that door is incredibly broken for some reason. It move's and changes shape, like it doesn't know where it's suppose to be. It shouldn't be acting like that. But I know DE's never going to do anything about it. I've seen posts about these inconsistant red zones going back 5 years. So I was hoping someone figured a way around it.

7 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

that door doesn't have a console. It's identical to 3 other doors in that room that don't have the same issues. there are two more doors in that room I'm not mentioning because they're positioned differently, one of those has the console. I can place objects much closer to the 3 other doors in the room, one being an exact copy, and the other 2 are mirrored. the waterfalls on the left are on ether side of one of mirrored doors in exactly the same position I'm trying to place the red one. I know what you're talking about with the points on some objects not being able to clip, it's the anchor point that the object rotates around that shows the XYZ arrows and rotation. I have no problem clipping that point into walls and other objects. I'm quite good at getting it into places it shouldn't be able to go, A good deal of decorations in the frame of that picture are already placed in such a way. But that doesn't cause this red issue. Only doors and intractable objects do, also sometimes walls but not always for some reason. and if you're trying to clip something into an intractable decoration, you can clip it in by moving the intractable decoration inside of it instead of the other way around. I'm not a novice at this

The hitbox around that door is incredibly broken for some reason. It move's and changes shape, like it doesn't know where it's suppose to be. It shouldn't be acting like that. But I know DE's never going to do anything about it. I've seen posts about these inconsistant red zones going back 5 years. So I was hoping someone figured a way around it.

Ah ok. I was not sure if you were new to dojo decorating or not. Unfortunately there is not a work around that I know of other then brute force, luck, or what I do in my dojo, just block the doors with walls all together. Due to the hit boxes it will make the room smaller, and is not ideal if you wanted to have access to the doors in any way, but its just another tool I have used to get a good base for the rest of what I wanted to do in a room. 

I will share this post with my alliance mates, as quite a few of them are heavy decorators as well. Perhaps they will know another way, or at least can upvote this thread to try to get the issue some more attention.

11 hours ago, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

Ah ok. I was not sure if you were new to dojo decorating or not. Unfortunately there is not a work around that I know of other then brute force, luck, or what I do in my dojo, just block the doors with walls all together. Due to the hit boxes it will make the room smaller, and is not ideal if you wanted to have access to the doors in any way, but its just another tool I have used to get a good base for the rest of what I wanted to do in a room. 

I will share this post with my alliance mates, as quite a few of them are heavy decorators as well. Perhaps they will know another way, or at least can upvote this thread to try to get the issue some more attention.

Thanks I appreciate that. I also made a feedback post about this and some other decorating issues here: