Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Fenrir, The Feral, The Ragnorok(reup)

(PSN)TeynKu

Ive always wanted a wolf themed frame based on Fenrir from Norse mythology. He'd have digigrade legs, a pointed helmet with "ear points" and an operable maw. He'd even come with an auxiliary piece putting wild fur on his back and shoulders. Hed have a unique sprint animation having him run on all four limbs. His body would be able to bulk up with his passive and 4th ability. He'd come with two Exalted weapons, one being a Two Headed Helimith Charger named Hadi & Skol, and his claws and maw.

Stats:

Health:150/400 Armor: 650 Shield: 50/150 Sprint speed: 1.75 Energy: 120/180

Passive: Unchained Rage: Armor health and ability strength increase by 5% for a max of 25% with each ability cast.

Hadi and Skol: Summon a two headed Helimith charger: each rank is a new command like Vinari, new command heal, Hadi and Skol will pounce and maul enemies gaining healing sending a portion back to Fenrir. Hadi and Skol benefit from Seething rage.

Ravage: Fenrir pounced on a target mawling them healing for 15% of the damage. 10/25/75/100

Seething Rage Howl that stuns enemies and buffs allies damage by 25% for 3 seconds. Hadi and Skol will also howl adding to the stun range.

Ragnorok: Fenrir bares his claws and his muscles expanding in size, Fenrir gains up to double armor and damage, switches to exalted sparing claw weapon. 50 energy to activate with 5 energy per second of use.

Unfortunately, this theme has come up several times before, and with lots of variations. People do still want a werewolf frame, whether it is to complete the "Warframes as classic monsters" motif, or because a certain portion of the community have anthropomorphic animal character preferences.

A lot of the older fan design share features with yours, and some of them have some really unique ideas, that will give the frame a distinctly different feel. It might be worth checking them out before you bump this topic next, it might give you some cool ideas:

/

/

Good luck!

On 2019-12-26 at 10:56 AM, Lukarith said:

Unfortunately, this theme has come up several times before, and with lots of variations. People do still want a werewolf frame, whether it is to complete the "Warframes as classic monsters" motif, or because a certain portion of the community have anthropomorphic animal character preferences.

A lot of the older fan design share features with yours, and some of them have some really unique ideas, that will give the frame a distinctly different feel. It might be worth checking them out before you bump this topic next, it might give you some cool ideas:

/

/

Good luck!

Yes I've seen some of the others this is just my take on it. Plus we have frames with several animal themes, from a cat to a rooster, several bugs so why not a dedicated canid? Besides that Loki needs his son.

On 2019-12-19 at 11:57 AM, (PS4)TeynKu said:

Ive always wanted a wolf themed frame based on Fenrir from Norse mythology. He'd have digigrade legs, a pointed helmet with "ear points" and an operable maw. He'd even come with an auxiliary piece putting wild fur on his back and shoulders. Hed have a unique sprint animation having him run on all four limbs. His body would be able to bulk up with his passive and 4th ability. He'd come with two Exalted weapons, one being a Two Headed Helimith Charger named Hadi & Skol, and his claws and maw.

Stats:

Passive: Unchained Rage: Armor health and ability strength increase by 5% for a max of 25% with each ability cast.

Hadi and Skol: Summon a two headed Helimith charger: each rank is a new command like Vinari, new command heal, Hadi and Skol will pounce and maul enemies gaining healing sending a portion back to Fenrir. Hadi and Skol benefit from Seething rage.

Ravage: Fenrir pounced on a target mawling them healing for 15% of the damage. 10/25/75/100

Seething Rage Howl that stuns enemies and buffs allies damage by 25% for 3 seconds. Hadi and Skol will also howl adding to the stun range.

Ragnorok: Fenrir bares his claws and his muscles expanding in size, Fenrir gains up to double armor and damage, switches to exalted sparing claw weapon. 50 energy to activate with 5 energy per second of use.

1. mary sue tier stats, there are no chinks in his armor and therefore boring

2. lol 25% health and shields is just sad compared to inaros’s 99% armor increase

3. 25% healtharmor on an ai controlled unit. 

4. 15% of 100 damage is 15 hp max AHAHAHAAHA *WHEEEEZE* for *WHEEZE* 75 energy! AHAHAHHAHHAHAA

5. why do that when i have rhino and excalibur??

6. boneless valkyr

this frame truly is horrifying, an actual frankenstein of random abilities from other frames that do it better and would be literal mr fodder as a frame. not to mention a theme that is well satisfied by inaros, valkyr, and chroma.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-01-04 at 2:11 PM, Space0ddity said:

1. mary sue tier stats, there are no chinks in his armor and therefore boring

2. lol 25% health and shields is just sad compared to inaros’s 99% armor increase

3. 25% healtharmor on an ai controlled unit. 

4. 15% of 100 damage is 15 hp max AHAHAHAAHA *WHEEEEZE* for *WHEEZE* 75 energy! AHAHAHHAHHAHAA

5. why do that when i have rhino and excalibur??

6. boneless valkyr

this frame truly is horrifying, an actual frankenstein of random abilities from other frames that do it better and would be literal mr fodder as a frame. not to mention a theme that is well satisfied by inaros, valkyr, and chroma.

Its a concept and subject to change on feedback and suggestions. so how about constructive criticism?

On 2019-12-18 at 9:57 PM, (PS4)TeynKu said:

Stats:

First, your stats.

Why does he go from, what I assume, is 150 health unranked to 400 health at rank 30, when the typical trend for frames in the game is to gain 200% health from 0 to 30. Why does this one gain only 166.66...%? If you have a lore reasoning, I suggest providing it, and possibly looking into compensating for this disadvantage compared with other Warframes. If not, you may wish to adjust either the health at rank 0 or rank 30 to fit the trend already in the game.

Jumping into the abilities. The Passive needs some details. Such as duration of the buff.

I understand the desire to not break the mold, and not every ability has to be entirely unique and never seen in the game before. But man, that first ability is difficult for me. Going straight for the Venari concept copy and paste almost. Not that Venari doesn't work, and that as an ability it would be a solid ability. But don't be afraid to play with doing away with entire pieces or aspects of a pet ability to make something unique. I also had the same issue in coming up with my Fenrir werewolf concept too, and ended up scrapping a massive portion of it to diminish its power and make something at least a bit different from Venari.

The second ability. A single target pounce? Low damage, unless you mean it does multiple hits. It's just not much for a second ability. It wouldn't be much to look at or be all that appealing as a first ability either. Even Inaros sand sucking the life out of one target at a time gets tedious and boring and really expensive on energy when dealing with a horde killing style game.

That howl is REALLY short lasting. Like seriously. 3 seconds? How many hits are you realistically going to get in, especially if the ability itself has animation time.

The muscles thing is just so DBZ that it feels cheesy and old school. And as was said, this is just Valkyr without invulnerability. In my concept, the claws are a part of Fenrir's passive. Much like how when Garuda doesn't have melee weapons equipped, she has her talons. But the passive for mine is that entering Operator mode leaves Fenrir without the dexterity to use normal weapons, and switches to his feral mode. So rather than having some transformation where he gets all bara, it incorporates lore, with a pseudo-umbra mode, and as if the operator gives the frame enough control to use weapons when it otherwise is just a friendly beast.

Edited by xZeromusx

On 2020-01-28 at 11:32 PM, xZeromusx said:

First, your stats.

Why does he go from, what I assume, is 150 health unranked to 400 health at rank 30, when the typical trend for frames in the game is to gain 200% health from 0 to 30. Why does this one gain only 166.66...%? If you have a lore reasoning, I suggest providing it, and possibly looking into compensating for this disadvantage compared with other Warframes. If not, you may wish to adjust either the health at rank 0 or rank 30 to fit the trend already in the game.

Jumping into the abilities. The Passive needs some details. Such as duration of the buff.

I understand the desire to not break the mold, and not every ability has to be entirely unique and never seen in the game before. But man, that first ability is difficult for me. Going straight for the Venari concept copy and paste almost. Not that Venari doesn't work, and that as an ability it would be a solid ability. But don't be afraid to play with doing away with entire pieces or aspects of a pet ability to make something unique. I also had the same issue in coming up with my Fenrir werewolf concept too, and ended up scrapping a massive portion of it to diminish its power and make something at least a bit different from Venari.

The second ability. A single target pounce? Low damage, unless you mean it does multiple hits. It's just not much for a second ability. It wouldn't be much to look at or be all that appealing as a first ability either. Even Inaros sand sucking the life out of one target at a time gets tedious and boring and really expensive on energy when dealing with a horde killing style game.

That howl is REALLY short lasting. Like seriously. 3 seconds? How many hits are you realistically going to get in, especially if the ability itself has animation time.

The muscles thing is just so DBZ that it feels cheesy and old school. And as was said, this is just Valkyr without invulnerability. In my concept, the claws are a part of Fenrir's passive. Much like how when Garuda doesn't have melee weapons equipped, she has her talons. But the passive for mine is that entering Operator mode leaves Fenrir without the dexterity to use normal weapons, and switches to his feral mode. So rather than having some transformation where he gets all bara, it incorporates lore, with a pseudo-umbra mode, and as if the operator gives the frame enough control to use weapons when it otherwise is just a friendly beast.

stats are more placeholder but i wanted him to be tanky guess my math was off, and the pounce i think could have a larger impact aoe, and maybe even grab multiple targets i basically took that from smite Fenrir. His fourth was also a nod to Fenrirs mythos in which he grows so large and vicious he's able to even kill Odin. I also wanted him to have his children and pack, but if not this maybe a duel secondary in which both guns deal cold and heat separately, though modding would it be weird. passive was meant to be until death which is why I tried not to make the percentage gain too great again alluding to his growth in size and power.

On 2020-01-28 at 11:12 PM, lightdragon64 said:

Please don't bump your topics, not only is it annoying to everybody on the forums, but it's also against forum rules.

hadn't bumped this one in a while seeing as the last few posts were responses, that said Im far from the only person in this forum to bump their posts.

On 2019-12-26 at 4:56 PM, Lukarith said:

anthropomorphic animal character preferences.

that's a very nice way of putting it xD made me laugh

i feel cosmetics are the best place for this idea to be realized. maybe excalibur zato was an attempt at that.