Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lock the ''Find the anomaly'' Objective until everything else is completed

Syeri

If they want to keep it time-limited (an idea I personally don't support as well), I'd make it so you an only try it once a cycle. In order to compensate ppl not being able to spam it multiple times anymore, I'd increase the drop/spawn chance of Shedu parts and rare chests. Right now there's people even leaving with Shedu parts dropped (beacuse they look for Ephemera or whatever). Though I don't blame the people, I blame the scenario DE created here.

guess half of the players can all agree on the fact that DE bit their own hand with the rng spawn of the sentient ship. especially annoying for ppl who cant find it for several days and all they want is to get the new quest going. srsly DE, who at the studio had this crazy idea? did somebody empty the jack and then decided to do it like this? id bet my next paycheck that this was not discussed in detail at the last board meeting before the release 🤣

Edited by Kouden
  • Like 1

Why is this even still an issue. 

It spawns every 3hrs for ONLY 30MINS. No one cares about your objective because they only have 30MINS. 

Either don't run that node until it's gone, or farm for Shedu / Tenebrous. 

Why should they only get one run chance at these 1% items? 

Because you want an attempt at a 2% ship part? you can do ANY NODE IN THE VEIL for the SAME items. ALL the rewards in the pool are THE SAME for every node.

Locking people out is idiotic, and a waste of time and makes the grind for these things even more difficult. You have many other nodes to choose from don't be entitled to the ONE node that spawns the ship for a very small time. People can't play that long and wait for another spawn. Some people only have time to do the ship once a day.
Let them get as many chances as they possibly can. 

I understand this, I feel for peoples time. 
I have everything already but I still drive the ship to the sentients first, and I will solo the rest of the mission after if they leave. or others end up joining after others leave anyways and we finish it. 

it's not a big deal, it's not hard. 

• Like 2

Do you get quest completion for breaking the crystal if you fail the mission? I was lucky enough to have one other player stay along and complete the mission with me when I did it. If that is necessary, then yes, the current system incentivizes a farming method that makes life difficult for anyone just trying to clear the quest and not interested in building the Shedu.

But yeah, the simple thing really would be, as Test-995 said, just to replace the normal mission with the anomaly all by itself during its on-cycle. That way no one has to do anything silly to get the thing they're there for, whether that thing is aborting when RNG isn't kind or being stuck completing a mission with, if lucky, two players in the squad. = /

Would much rather the anomaly be an independent node that appeared for a short time and not be attached to any particular mission at all. Even if drop rates were lowered a little - because then everybody is there for the anomaly and nothing else.

Just bloating the thread so DE *maybe* thinks again about what abomination they introduced to the public.
Also, Semlar isn't accurate, it tries and fails at guessing the spawn time. (It is usually 15~45 minutes after semlar's prediction)
And people who farm caches now actually run alone, while keeping in touch with 3 other people who they invite when they see a cache, otherwise they abort the quest. This usually means a total of 16 to 25 aborted missions in half an hour without anyone actually getting anything 🙂

Edited by IceBen

10 hours ago, Vesiga said:

it's not a big deal

It can be a big deal when a solo rusher clears out the sentient ship and teleports back to the railjack locking everyone else out from getting the shedu part that dropped in there because once 20 sentients are killed an no one is in the ship no one else can enter it at all.

This means that one rusher just locked 3 people out of getting the part that dropped because of their selfishness.
And yes this has happened to me.
The other people were busy keeping the ship from exploding, the rusher got in got a part and teleported back to the ship locking everyone else out of the reward.  And they just said "So what, I got my part."

At least me handing him a host migration caused him to lose the part he got from that encounter.

That's honestly the biggest problem with the current design and how a rusher can mess it up for everyone else in the squad.
Locking it, or having a 4 person friendship door, or something is the only way to stop rushers like that from just preventing anyone else from getting the part/ephemera if it does drop.

38 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

It can be a big deal when a solo rusher clears out the sentient ship and teleports back to the railjack locking everyone else out from getting the shedu part that dropped in there because once 20 sentients are killed an no one is in the ship no one else can enter it at all.

This means that one rusher just locked 3 people out of getting the part that dropped because of their selfishness.
And yes this has happened to me.
The other people were busy keeping the ship from exploding, the rusher got in got a part and teleported back to the ship locking everyone else out of the reward.  And they just said "So what, I got my part."

At least me handing him a host migration caused him to lose the part he got from that encounter.

That's honestly the biggest problem with the current design and how a rusher can mess it up for everyone else in the squad.
Locking it, or having a 4 person friendship door, or something is the only way to stop rushers like that from just preventing anyone else from getting the part/ephemera if it does drop.

Wow... DE did this? This is terrible!

• Time-based like PoE day/night cycles, only you need a third party site to monitor it.
  • Spawns with other time-consuming objectives.
  • Quest allows/promotes aborting.
  • Entry contingent on number of sentients alive.

Wow, just wow. How much worse could they make it?

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

And not only does he mess it up for his squad when such a player gets the drop, he may mess it up for everyone outside aswell the times that the item doesnt drop and he decides to leave. Railjack mission matchmaking works differently from the rest of the game, there seems to be no "expiration date" on when you can join a mission in progress. So several people signing up will end up in missions where the ship has already gotten cleared when someone rage quits out after not recieving the parts, which then turns into a cycle that just replaces player upon player that tries to join for a chance at the ship.

That turns this whole leave "tactic" into one big pile of player griefing in the end. It is like those players arent even considering that they rob others of possible time to clear the map for possible drops during the 30 minute window. That extra minute or so someone needs to spend to join a mission with a ship already cleared, leave and sign up again can be the turning point of having time for a third run or not when the timer is about to run out. And that is if the player running into an already cleared node only runs into such a thing once when trying to sign up.

So yeah something needs to change. I however wouldnt like a 4 person friendship door, since that can just open up alot of pointless trolling. Keep it locked until objectives are clear, that way it doesnt matter if there are disgruntled trolls or not.

edit: Or make all sentient drops ? until the end of mission. No matter if it is a core or other things.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And not only does he mess it up for his squad when such a player gets the drop, he may mess it up for everyone outside aswell the times that the item doesnt drop and he decides to leave. Railjack mission matchmaking works differently from the rest of the game, there seems to be no "expiration date" on when you can join a mission in progress. So several people signing up will end up in missions where the ship has already gotten cleared when someone rage quits out after not recieving the parts, which then turns into a cycle that just replaces player upon player that tries to join for a chance at the ship.

That turns this whole leave "tactic" into one big pile of player griefing in the end. It is like those players arent even considering that they rob others of possible time to clear the map for possible drops during the 30 minute window. That extra minute or so someone needs to spend to join a mission with a ship already cleared, leave and sign up again can be the turning point of having time for a third run or not when the timer is about to run out. And that is if the player running into an already cleared node only runs into such a thing once when trying to sign up.

So yeah something needs to change. I however wouldnt like a 4 person friendship door, since that can just open up alot of pointless trolling. Keep it locked until objectives are clear, that way it doesnt matter if there are disgruntled trolls or not.

edit: Or make all sentient drops ? until the end of mission. No matter if it is a core or other things.

And no time-based cycles (no cycles at all!) so no one feels like they need to rush and abort the mission if something doesn't drop.

9 minutes ago, nslay said:

And no time-based cycles (no cycles at all!) so no one feels like they need to rush and abort the mission if something doesn't drop.

I kinda enjoy the cycle because the item was never inteded to be a "nao nao! bah content draught!" item. No time gate and we may see the drop rate decrease from 4% down to 0.4% or or 0.04%. It seems to have been released more as a bonus items to get over a longer period of time.

The change I can see is if they give us a specific number of tries per day. They currently pop up around every 3 hours and stays for 30 minutes. You can do anywhere from 1-3 legit full runs depending on your RJ and gear. So with all that in mind give us something like 10-12 runs per day and no timers. With the requirement added that you need to clear the full node before entering the ship. The node it is active on could change every 30 minutes to switch up the objectives that needs to be cleared.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Do not be concerned OP, it will likely be adressed, just use this time to do proper matches by using recruit chat, making sure that everyone knows what you want, if they complain, just tell them to leave squad.

Do the users become offensive? ignore them and move on, players that are lost causes shouldn't be on your priority list, don't waste your languange on them.

What i find suprising is that this entire thing is semi viable and popular, so certain players request that I need to say those details when recruiting, i find this so pathetic it's not even worth my time explaining why, why would i specifically state in recruit chat that i want to complete a mission and that i do not want to fail/quit.

You start, you finish, why would i be interested in recruiting players to stack quits on top of quits? Is this a competition to see who can have the highest quit rate? no offense, but that's dreadfull if your mindset is like this.

Screwing players in a squad is even worse and it kinda fits in the "acting against the team rule", meaning you do something intentionally to harm the team, a confirmation from a mod would be nice, but isn't this sort of behavior a reportable offense?

I don't know if this was a happy accident or a feature in the game. Me and a friend ran the mission 2 pug joins jump archwing and fly right for the ship while we stayed with the railjack to fight the ships. They got over to the ship but couldnt enter so they left saying it was bugged me and my friend keept fighting and had 1 or 2 new ppl join. When all objectives was done we move the railjack over to the ship and it was no problems with entering the place. So seemed like while the railjack was to far away they  couldn't enter until we got close.  But as I said not sure if thats a feature or just a glitch I hope feature.

1) Shedu farm: team up with people in chat pick Necros+Ivara+Atlas this way you can get your beloved shedu in 1-2 runs OR go solo and stop complaining. Both ways will save you from leavers.

2) Ephemera farm: this new ephemera has miserable chance of dropping from chests that has even more miserable chance of spawning in mission that appears once in 2-3 hours and lasts for 30 mins. Sounds fun right?! The most efficient way of farming this is go in destroy all chests and if there is no drop leave.

Now think about people that have jobs or studying they can farm thist event only 1-2 times a day and even if someone can farm it 24/7 you can't blame them for leaving and not like there is a reasonable reward for finishing it anyway. We are forced to get as much as possible from this 30 mins because this event time locked in such a poor way.

REMEMBER!!! Its DE who desined this event this way its their fault not ours.

2 hours ago, RearMostFiend said:

Now think about people that have jobs or studying they can farm thist event only 1-2 times a day and even if someone can farm it 24/7 you can't blame them for leaving and not like there is a reasonable reward for finishing it anyway. We are forced to get as much as possible from this 30 mins because this event time locked in such a poor way.

REMEMBER!!! Its DE who desined this event this way its their fault not ours.

Why though? It is designed to not be stressed through in a yiffy. People that need it the moment it is released arent accepting the design of it. It is not DE's fault, except for leaving the loophole with the whole leave "tactic". The players that need instant gratification are the ones to blame in the final end, not the devs. Any normal player will look at the spawn mechanics of it all and accept it for what it is and how it is designed.

Also, it isnt an event, it is something that will be there later down the line aswell and probably far easier to get at that point.

I've never understood this stress behavior, far less over some cosmetic drop.