Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lock the ''Find the anomaly'' Objective until everything else is completed

Syeri

6 hours ago, nslay said:

Wow... DE did this? This is terrible!

• Time-based like PoE day/night cycles, only you need a third party site to monitor it.
  • Spawns with other time-consuming objectives.
  • Quest allows/promotes aborting.
  • Entry contingent on number of sentients alive.

Wow, just wow. How much worse could they make it?

Well it conforms to all of the other side objectives in Railjack:
Once a side objective is complete if no one is in it then it becomes locked off and inaccessible to anyone else.  Just so happens that the sentient side objective is a pathetically low 20 sentient kills.

For example say you have a galleon side objective.  If someone rushes into it and kills the target and leaves it becomes impossible for anyone else to go into the galleon.
This was a problem with the Quellor and Penant drops before they were made universal because a rusher could get the drop and then if they left the galleon no one else could get it.

Basically if you complete an objective someone has to stay in that objective to keep the door open for other players who want the mats and mods that dropped in it.

Honestly I have no idea why the Shedu and Ephemera's aren't universal.  Especially since DE already fixed this issue for the Quellor and Penant drops.
That would solve the issue I ran into completely.

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I however wouldnt like a 4 person friendship door, since that can just open up alot of pointless trolling. Keep it locked until objectives are clear, that way it doesnt matter if there are disgruntled trolls or not.

edit: Or make all sentient drops ? until the end of mission. No matter if it is a core or other things.

I can see the problems with a 4 person friendship door, was just an idea I saw floating around.
I just hope that something is done, don't really care what.

And while having it be a mystery solves some of the problems, until they make all of the sentient drops universal (like it honestly should have been in the beginning) it doesn't stop the issue I ran into of one rusher locking the rest of the team out of the sentient ship.

So if two things are done it would solve most of the problems:
-Drops are mystery drops, like they are from acolytes and similar enemies
-Drops are shared so that even if a lone rusher goes into the sentient ship everyone gets the items instead of just the rusher.

At a bare minimum those two things should be done.

In the end though this isn't the best way for DE to release something and should just be looked at for a complete redo.

3 hours ago, nslay said:

There's a tactical Avionic called "Form Up". Can it be used to recall a player who is obnoxiously farming the sentient ship? Fight fire with fire...

Hide contents

KUZplPi.jpg

Why is this even an avionic? Seems very easy to abuse.

This does work. I've recalled myself 25km from Railjack while in space and while inside the Kasio Rest asteroid base.

I've not tried it with players because I play solo (because the forum posts scare me!). But it should apply to all players! If you suspect someone is in the Sentient Ship, you can recall everyone to Railjack and then all race back to the sentient ship to finish off the sentients.

Oh... Capture and leave 1 Crewship alive. It will attract all attention from enemies (even if it's empty!). That should make it easier for you to drop everything to combat a Sentient rusher!

Actually, you know what would be cool? If the ship warped in after completing the objectives and just started spewing out sentient fighters and other glowy stuff. It would be a nice oh sh*t moment. Make it super hard as well with a high fail rate but also give a guaranteed Shedu part on completion. The RNG will come from duplicates.

Edited by Goodwill

1 hour ago, Goodwill said:

Actually, you know what would be cool? If the ship warped in after completing the objectives and just starting spewing out sentient fighters and other glowy stuff. It would be a nice oh sh*t moment. Make it super hard as well with a high fail rate but also give a guaranteed Shedu part on completion. The RNG will come from duplicates.

word, id absolutely love that. it would be like Cy shouting " wake up lazies, we in big trouble. now move it " XD

hope they add that in the near future hehe 😎

An alternative for the issue would be making all drops from the symbilists a “?” drop (mods and parts), just like the derelict event from the last nightwave. This way, if someone wants said rewards, they would have to clear the mission to see if they got what they wanted.

At least, this would alleviate the number of leavers regarding the Shedu drops.

hace 10 horas, Tsukinoki dijo:

It can be a big deal when a solo rusher clears out the sentient ship and teleports back to the railjack locking everyone else out from getting the shedu part that dropped in there because once 20 sentients are killed an no one is in the ship no one else can enter it at all.

This means that one rusher just locked 3 people out of getting the part that dropped because of their selfishness.
And yes this has happened to me.
The other people were busy keeping the ship from exploding, the rusher got in got a part and teleported back to the ship locking everyone else out of the reward.  And they just said "So what, I got my part."

At least me handing him a host migration caused him to lose the part he got from that encounter.

That's honestly the biggest problem with the current design and how a rusher can mess it up for everyone else in the squad.
Locking it, or having a 4 person friendship door, or something is the only way to stop rushers like that from just preventing anyone else from getting the part/ephemera if it does drop.

Are you sure the place locks? I have never been locked out of a place in railjack because it was cleared and then left alone.

2 days ago i took the ship around to distract specially sticky enemy ships while my team looted the sentient ship, once they were done and all 3 went back to the ship, i went in myself to get the dropped loot. The only thing clearing the place does is eliminating the marker that leads to the entrance, but never ever has it locked the place for me, neither sentient ship nor asteroid bases or even orokin derelicts  

28 minutes ago, Xolot said:

Are you sure the place locks? I have never been locked out of a place in railjack because it was cleared and then left alone.

2 days ago i took the ship around to distract specially sticky enemy ships while my team looted the sentient ship, once they were done and all 3 went back to the ship, i went in myself to get the dropped loot. The only thing clearing the place does is eliminating the marker that leads to the entrance, but never ever has it locked the place for me, neither sentient ship nor asteroid bases or even orokin derelicts  

It doesn’t lock, so I’m not sure if they had a glitch or not.

I privately run with two other friends, so we leave if we don’t get a good drop. We’ve successfully cleared out the ship, headed back to the ship, completed the mission then went back on the Sentient Anomaly to see if we overlooked anything.

Out of all the times we went, we’ve never been locked out and we’ve cleared the ship multiple times.

11 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

It can be a big deal when a solo rusher clears out the sentient ship and teleports back to the railjack locking everyone else out from getting the shedu part that dropped in there because once 20 sentients are killed an no one is in the ship no one else can enter it at all.

This means that one rusher just locked 3 people out of getting the part that dropped because of their selfishness.
And yes this has happened to me.
The other people were busy keeping the ship from exploding, the rusher got in got a part and teleported back to the ship locking everyone else out of the reward.  And they just said "So what, I got my part."

At least me handing him a host migration caused him to lose the part he got from that encounter.

That's honestly the biggest problem with the current design and how a rusher can mess it up for everyone else in the squad.
Locking it, or having a 4 person friendship door, or something is the only way to stop rushers like that from just preventing anyone else from getting the part/ephemera if it does drop.

if someone has the time to clear the ship, then your team was clearly doing the objective instead. Which you shouldn't be if you want the sentient ship at all. 
Don't blame the player for you being too slow, blame the GAME for even locking you out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

And while having it be a mystery solves some of the problems, until they make all of the sentient drops universal (like it honestly should have been in the beginning) it doesn't stop the issue I ran into of one rusher locking the rest of the team out of the sentient ship.

Indeed, that is also a massive issue that needs to be solved. They kinda should have fixed that when they made the two bps universal drops, no idea why they didnt.

8 hours ago, Vesiga said:

if someone has the time to clear the ship, then your team was clearly doing the objective instead. Which you shouldn't be if you want the sentient ship at all. 
Don't blame the player for you being too slow, blame the GAME for even locking you out.

And those objectives needs to be cleared in the end eitherway, unless you are there soley to exploit the mission, which isnt the intent of it in the first place. In a legit mission you save nothing on doing the sentient ship first, because it is wasted travel time and you'll end up there when the other objectives are done anyway.

14 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

And those objectives needs to be cleared in the end eitherway, unless you are there soley to exploit the mission, which isnt the intent of it in the first place. In a legit mission you save nothing on doing the sentient ship first, because it is wasted travel time and you'll end up there when the other objectives are done anyway.

Blame the game then for only making it 30mins every 3hrs, with a 1% drop rate and a even less chance for the Ephemera. 

Why blame the players for going for the hardest items first, out of the what? 7? other nodes you can do. 
If you honestly just want to do the sentient ship once every 3hrs and complete the mission, then you're going to get no where. 
If you think the players are at fault, then you need to take a step back, and look at how many runs you have to do to even get the items the ship offers. 

If you're not interested in Shedu or the Ephemera, or the Scenes, then stay off the node. 
If you're there for the quest, you can break the crystal then leave the mission/fail the mission and still have the quest obtained. 

There's EVERY REASON to go for the ship and leave if you don't get anything so you can go. 
There's NO REASON to finish the mission if you don't. 

"Exploit" or not. 
"Intended" or not. 
It's clearly a DESIGN FLAW.
NOT the players fault. 

I'll repeat myself. 
IRL time and life is more important that finishing the mission. 
Not going to spend months doing the ship once a day maybe even twice a day. 
When you can do it more than once in a 30min span. 
When you can save your time and life by getting what you want, and finally moving on before you burn yourself out and end up not wanting to play anymore. 

It's ridiculous to even defend this RNG. 
and it's ridiculous to defend DE for it too. 
DE doesn't always intend to make RNG/Drop rates/Material Rates a snails pace, but they do listen to the players. 
So instead of bashing people for a flawed design, why not give feedback to DE about how we can remedy this situation for both parties.

Such as, putting the ship as it's OWN node on it's spawn. Similar to a phorid assassination node, that opens when it's marked.
Or when the ship spawns, make it the ONLY objective. 

Let's NOT - lock people out for not getting to it, and not punish those who are trying their best to get the only items they need.

Edited by Vesiga