Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting on K-Drive in Orb Vallis causes "Fall through map" infinite glitch

(NSW)ohgodzilla

Ever since the Old Blood or Drydock update (not sure which) we have been experiencing a bug where 1/4 times a player gets on their K-Drive in the Orb Vallis, they immediately fall through the floor and get stuck in an infinite loop of falling / being warped back up just under the ground and falling again. /unstuck does not work. Operator mode cannot be accessed. The only way to get unstuck is to abort the mission or have a host migration. 

We have been able to reproduce this several times. It's always just as one person is getting on their K-Drive from the ground.  

Let me know if there's any other details I can provide as this has already caused us to end several missions.

Thanks

• Like 2

On 2019-12-19 at 7:36 AM, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

Ever since the Old Blood or Drydock update (not sure which) we have been experiencing a bug where 1/4 times a player gets on their K-Drive in the Orb Vallis, they immediately fall through the floor and get stuck in an infinite loop of falling / being warped back up just under the ground and falling again. /unstuck does not work. Operator mode cannot be accessed. The only way to get unstuck is to abort the mission or have a host migration. 

We have been able to reproduce this several times. It's always just as one person is getting on their K-Drive from the ground.  

Let me know if there's any other details I can provide as this has already caused us to end several missions.

Thanks

Ive not seen this exact issue, but I've seen in Orb Vallis a lot of moas fall through the ground.  It can make certain mission objectives tedious (killing X number of enemies) when the moas keep falling through the world.  Walking and running they are fine, but quite often when they do their super jump, they do the landing animation as they fall through the ground.

Edited by (NSW)Kadet

• 2 weeks later...

I had this same problem. It was happening just about every other time I went into the plains and made open world missions unplayable/not work risking time and resources.

It seemed like being in motion while activating/deactivating the board, increased the chances of infinite falls happening. Crashing would do it too. 

This bug was so obtuse and game breaking for me, I went out of my way to make a solo Dojo just so I could make an archwing launcher. I liked boards, but will probably not go back to them. Even so, boards are what many new players will use when they first do open world missions. New players + game breaking bug = good reason to fix it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can confirm this is still happening as of March 20, 2020. Transitioned from archwing to k-drive on the top tier bounty and instantly warped through the map. /unstuck was no help and issue did not self resolve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yupp,  back to back bounties on Orb Vallis. This is miserable. April 26th 2020.

I don't have an archwing launcher yet (still working on my dojo). 

Sucks having to either: 

A. Go solo and hoof it.

B. Roll 50/50 on not getting to do the bounty, by using kdrive.

C. Try to hoof it in a group and watch the whole bounty get instantly completed by other people on archwings.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t believe I’ve experienced this bug, but I tend to play on Orb solo.

Are people who are experiencing this bug encountering it while grouped or solo? I’m wondering if it’s a connecting to host issue

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

I can confirm that this happens as well. From my play through, it tends to happen to client players. I say this because every time someone in my squad complains about it, they've ended up being a client player rather than a host player. In fact, at one point (when I was a client player), the same thing happened to me as well. It was when I left the squad (thereby making me the host player) and tried it again, the issue never appeared.

I'll see if I can post a video of this at some point in the future in order to show this in action.

Never had this issue as host or as client and I do a lot of k-drive. And I mount in a lot of ways, have a lot of falls from board, use operator in races a lot and so on, still I never fall through. 

BTW I run the game on PC and mostly on high at 75 hz in borderless.  If that matters.

For all those who have that issue - write to support. Forum is not the right place for solving problems, but for sharing that they are exist. 

Edited by NekoNaz

On 2020-02-23 at 3:50 PM, RenoxDashin said:

This is happening to me constantly trying to run bounties

Use archwing if you ever built one I hope, and all your problems will be solved, PM me if you want really "learn" the game 😉

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-05-18 at 2:21 PM, Radu10 said:

Use archwing if you ever built one I hope, and all your problems will be solved, PM me if you want really "learn" the game 😉

I have all the archwings, all the archweapons. I know the game. I'd also appreciate it if you didn't blow up my inbox with crybaby bs about how offended you were in game, and then began to stalk me across the forums. Wanna talk about harassment?

It just happened to me, playing as a client. I used my kdrive and I began to fall. My brother also plays on Switch and had the same issue some days ago.

I could use the operator, but as soon as I switched back to the Warframe, I started to fall again.

I think I won't use the kdrive again until this bug gets fixed.