Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing is not fun now

(PSN)Imtrex521

I find new archwing functionality terrible.  Movement is unresponsive, herky jerky and unintuitive, not enjoyable at all.  I don't care about blink. But you guys have really made archwing worse.  It used to be a pleasurable feeling to tool around PoE or Orb Vallis.  Now it is just awful. Please revisit.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I 100% disagree with you only because I've never been able to control an archwing as well as I can in its present iteration. I can do an entire rush mission without hitting the walls of the corpus ship... Thats a huge improvement.

yea except they "updated" Titania to the old horrible controls just before they updated the old horrible controls to something decent.

So now Archwing handles OK but Razorwing is super ultra mega terribad...... it's like why upgrade her to the horrible system if you're going to update that across the board anyhow in that briefest moment that someone remembered Razorwing was a thing only to imidiately forget RAZORWING IS STILL A THING.

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

So now Archwing handles OK but Razorwing is super ultra mega terribad...... it's like why upgrade her to the horrible system if you're going to update that across the board anyhow in that briefest moment that someone remembered Razorwing was a thing only to imidiately forget RAZORWING IS STILL A THING.

Unless they changed something (Tested when oldblood dropped), my titania is probably my fastest warframe for speed clearing levels now. I can fly through levels at blinkfast speed. Will check tonight when i get home.

Edited by Skaleek

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

Unless they changed something, my titania is probably my fastest warframe for speed clearing levels now. I can fly through levels at blinkfast speed.

If you like the new Titania controls then you can't have an issue with the old running into every wall controls because theyr'e the exact same control scheme. They switched her over to the old scheme with forced forward momentum and then proceeded to ditch that control scheme literally everywhere else. 

Just now, Oreades said:

They switched her over to the old scheme with forced forward momentum and then proceeded to ditch that control scheme literally everywhere else. 

That's garbage!!! I have to test this. She was running so amazingly when she had archwings current control scheme.

Personally I really like the changes. I flew around the Plains of Eidolon a bit, right after update hit consoles yesterday, and it all felt really good. It's actually WAY more responsive than it was before, "sprinting" is much easier and can be done in every direction. I could agree with it being less fluid visually, but functionally it's way better than it was before IMO.

The only complaint I have currently is that Itzal's new hook ability is way too clunky. It should release the hook way sooner, so it doesn't pull you into the ground. Probably just make it so it auto-releases when you get to a certain distance to your hooking spot.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame said:

The only complaint I have currently is that Itzal's new hook ability is way too clunky. It should release the hook way sooner, so it doesn't pull you into the ground. Probably just make it so it auto-releases when you get to a certain distance to your hooking spot.

Or, stay with me here, they give itzal a non-garbage ability. Failing that, they should make it hold 1 to hook, and as long as you are holding 1 you are pulled, and then when you release 1 you release the hook.

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

That's garbage!!! I have to test this. She was running so amazingly when she had archwings current control scheme.

Yeah the real kicker was if memory serves for that change they specifically noted bringing Razorwing in line with standard Archwing controls, just before Empyrion launched.... then totally changed standard Archwing for everything that wasn't Titania, when Empyrion launched..... essentially to what old Razorwing controls used to be..... but just didn't change Razorwing controls back for.... reasons?

Sometimes watching DE work is just strait up depressing.  

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

Or, stay with me here, they give itzal a non-garbage ability. Failing that, they should make it hold 1 to hook, and as long as you are holding 1 you are pulled, and then when you release 1 you release the hook.

Yeah, I agree about better ability. But if they insist on keeping this one (at least for now) at least make it work better. Hold would be a bit awkward for consoles, and besides a game like Just Cause makes the same slingshoting work perfectly without any holds, so I'm sure DE can do it as well, if they put just a bit more polish into how it works.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame said:

It's actually WAY more responsive than it was before, "sprinting" is much easier and can be done in every direction.

It may be more fluid but the suspension of disbelief is completely gone. It what world when you're in the air do you stop on a dime when the forward moment control is released? It just feels so much like a cheap arcade game now.....

Edited by cmacq
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, cmacq said:

It may be more fluid but the suspension of disbelief is completely gone. It what world when you're in the air do you stop on a dime when the forward moment control is released? It just feels so much like a cheap arcade game now.....

The old momentum was even worse, don't try to pretend it was better

In the old version, the game kept track of a (busted) throttle system. If you were moving, you could instantly redirect your momentum 180 degrees, but it took 5 seconds to stop moving entirely

2 hours ago, (PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame said:

Personally I really like the changes. I flew around the Plains of Eidolon a bit, right after update hit consoles yesterday, and it all felt really good. It's actually WAY more responsive than it was before, "sprinting" is much easier and can be done in every direction. I could agree with it being less fluid visually, but functionally it's way better than it was before IMO.

ripline should either be grapel from apex/titan fall or grapel from just cause

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The old momentum was even worse, don't try to pretend it was better

In the old version, the game kept track of a (busted) throttle system. If you were moving, you could instantly redirect your momentum 180 degrees, but it took 5 seconds to stop moving entirely

yep the momentum vector was tied to the frame's orinatation and was dificult to use because of the lack of Air breaks and retro thrust the best way to stop was crouch+ jump+back and it still took for ever to stop that or jump out and back in as the jump in to archwing still halt's momentum but with the new inertial compensaters it is less of an issue

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cmacq said:

It what world when you're in the air do you stop on a dime when the forward moment control is released

Ironically, the real world.

Ask yourself, how fast do you accelerate to fullspeed in Archwing? Instantly?

Surely then it's entirely reasonable we can decelerate instantly as well. What's unreal is how we would react to the forces that would put us under.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Imtrex521 said:

I find new archwing functionality terrible.  Movement is unresponsive, herky jerky and unintuitive, not enjoyable at all.  I don't care about blink. But you guys have really made archwing worse.  It used to be a pleasurable feeling to tool around PoE or Orb Vallis.  Now it is just awful. Please revisit.

Movement is a lot more responsive than it used to, having it slowly build up when trying to do microadjustments made it rather terrible at mobility in close quarters, especially in archwing and open world missions, it was rather very intuitive, directional keys now have you moving at the same speed in any direction (including up and down with jump/crouch) and afterburner is now replaced with simply sprinting, and the base movement speed of all archwings has been increased to compensate for that, it was just a clunky maneuver.

I ask this question, in what world, should your momentum, not exist when turning? In old Archwing movement, once you let go of boost, your "momentum" could be used to do a "U" turn in a split second. That was pretty Heckin stupid and unintuitive, where I would expect to be able to look in a different direction, and my archwing to continue in its current direction, but no, it had to follow my aiming reticle whenever I aim to zoom in. This new control scheme is simple, and elegant. because now I get to decide in which direction I'm moving without having to sacrifice a lot of speed when aiming.

2 hours ago, Skaleek said:

I 100% disagree with you only because I've never been able to control an archwing as well as I can in its present iteration. I can do an entire rush mission without hitting the walls of the corpus ship... Thats a huge improvement.

^ And this is why they changed it, they've improved the mobility of an archwing to the extent that I'm willing to use it in bounties in orb vallis and the plains, which I have always avoided due to the horrendous controlls. Just tried using archwing in exploiter orb mission, and oh Boi, it made the mission so much easier to do, to the point that solo just became better than pugs. If they made these changes so people start using archwings more, then I congratulate them, they've done a good job of making archwing actually useful in open world missions.

Edited by SocialFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Ironically, the real world.

Ask yourself, how fast do you accelerate to fullspeed in Archwing? Instantly?

Surely then it's entirely reasonable we can decelerate instantly as well. What's unreal is how we would react to the forces that would put us under.

To be fair, I doubt most warframes even care about such forces. I mean Rhino has enough mass to slow time when he stomps. So physics as we understand them don't really apply here.