Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radial Disarm Energy Cost Should Be Reduced.

BattledOne

Radial disarm. Costs 100 energy. Is an ult. Makes greneer and corpus lose their ranged weapons in a 20 meter radius. Does 500 damage to infiested (not ancients).

Anyone else feel that for what it does the cost on this ability is too high?

I propose to change it to 60-70 range

The point is, even with max streamline, a Nova will use 70 energy for her M. Prime, and a Loki will use 70 energy for a disarm. He is trying to say that the same energy spent on the Loki, is not worth the energy spent on other frames. I would be ok with disarm going down to 75, but you also have to consider the Submarine helmet (essence I think) which lowers energy use on powers, so meh.

Basically the skill needs a buff. But considering it's unique in a way and it's not a generic damage/disable, tweaking the numbers won't do much (also considering there are barely any numbers to tweak). Considering all ults cost 100 energy, making it different on RD will add to it's uniqueness.

I've read some great suggestions a short while back about certain buff possible for Radial Disarm, to increase its CC properties instead of simply "disarming" them. It also involves the art department:

*Suggestions mostly NOT by me*

- When activating Radial Disarm on Grineer, play an animation where their guns either malfunction or explode in their hand, dealing very minor damage, but giving a temporary stun (Loki isn't a damage dealer with his powers, so stun is the way to go IMO).

-- When the stun is over, the Grineer will pull out a GRINEER WEAPON (Machete/Cleaver, etc), not holding a old school prova.

- Against Corpus is the same idea, but maybe the stun will be electrocution instead (only in animation; not dealing actual electric damage)

-- MOAs guns will malfunction as well and knock them down temporarily. They will then react like they do right now, which is using their kicks (there will be electricity on their gun as indication that they are disarmed).

- Against Infested, it will kill low level enemies like it currently does, but if it doesn't, it will stun them by knocking them down, or even removing some limbs.

-- They will deal less damage and not move as fast (runners will become crawlers that will explode when near, chargers can only do one swipe and limps while running).

-- Ancients will get a temporary stun, but no knockdown. However they will lose their special abilities: disruption, healing, poison; the Toxics will still leave poison upon death, but won't spread poison anymore while walking around.

Edited by Casardis

Radial Disarm instantly nullifies the threat of every Grineer or Corpus enemy in a 20m radius regardless of level and shuts down the special abilities of a lot of units. It's actually quite powerful and doesn't really need a buff.

Edited by TheHeraldXII

I can't understand why people try to defend this skill. It's useless against lower level content as any nuke skill will outright kill the enemies and is preferable. So it's absolute garbage until molecular prime stops killing enemies outright which puts their level at 100+. For 90% of the game it's garbage, high cost, no bang, garbage. But what about the CC? you say. It doesn't hold a candle to nyx, frost, vauban. Ever see anyone asking for a loki for their high level missions? No? Because he is vastly outshone by other frames CC abilities. So for low levels the damage is not there and high levels the CC is not there. Terrible skill.

I can't understand why people try to defend this skill. It's useless against lower level content as any nuke skill will outright kill the enemies and is preferable. So it's absolute garbage until molecular prime stops killing enemies outright which puts their level at 100+. For 90% of the game it's garbage, high cost, no bang, garbage. But what about the CC? you say. It doesn't hold a candle to nyx, frost, vauban. Ever see anyone asking for a loki for their high level missions? No? Because he is vastly outshone by other frames CC abilities. So for low levels the damage is not there and high levels the CC is not there. Terrible skill.

and other skills become outclassed in late game due to health and armor scaling. 

Not every warframe is the same you say? Well damn. 

I support lowering Radial Disarm's cost. MOSTLY because it would break the "ALL WARFRAMES MUST HAVE A '4' ABILITY THAT COSTS 100 ENERGY!!!1!" paradigm we have now.

...That said, I DO have an idea how to rework it so it is actually worth 100

1. Corpus and Grineer guns stop working, but do not get replaced with prods, forcing them to use their terrible gun-bash attack (or kick in the case of Moas).

2. Corpus and Grineer melee weapons shut down, causing them to do reduced damage.

3. Infested's arms blow off, greatly reducing their attacking potential (afaik, most non-crawler infested are dependent on their arms to attack).

And, yes, the two main ideas behind this revision are "it's stupid for disarmed enemies to get shock prods from nowhere" and "it sure would be funny if Radial Disarm literally disARMed the infested."

Radial Disarm is fine, especially when you consider that Loki's Essence Helm, plus Streamline reduces the cost to ~55. I normally don't run Flow, and I have enough for three Radial Disarms an Invisibility and a Decoy, if I don't see any energy drops between.

It's also one of the more powerful ultimates in the game. Most high rank foes are vastly less powerful when forced to melee, and Radial Disarm has no duration limit, it's effect is permanent. You never have to worry about it wearing off, allowing those affected by it to be dispatched at one's lesuire or ignored while more pressing threats are attended to.

You know that every single skill in the game is useless when compared to M-Prime at those levels right? I mean, if M-Prime is capable of nuking entire rooms then there is no other skill that can match the range or damage output so it's not exactly a fair comparison. Loki effectively nullifies the threat of every ranged enemy, heavy or light, high or low level in RD's range.

You know that every single skill in the game is useless when compared to M-Prime at those levels right? I mean, if M-Prime is capable of nuking entire rooms then there is no other skill that can match the range or damage output so it's not exactly a fair comparison. Loki effectively nullifies the threat of every ranged enemy, heavy or light, high or low level in RD's range.

If not M-Prime then saryn's ult, or rhino stomp, mags ult, etc. Until you get to higher level enemies there are a ton of frame ults that work as nukes and make radial disarm pointless. And once players get to higher levels they need CC, and radial disarm is bad at that too. Frost, vauban, nyx beat loki at CC by so much it's basically pointless to cast it. So unless you are playing solo or want to intentionally limit yourself to low tier frames, loki and more specifically radial disarm is awful.