Jump to content
(XB1)Tucker D Dawg

Unable to Blink (Resolved in thread!)

Recommended Posts

Per [De]Meghan post with latest update:

Archwing Flight Changes:

BLINK: Blink has been restored and is now a universal ability for all Archwings! We would like to apologize again for the temporary disabling of Blink on Itzal from Rising Tide's launch - but are excited that you'll now have the ability available to use on all Archwings! The new Blink mechanic propels over 2x the distance of original Blink (but can't be increased by Mods), with a cooldown of 3 seconds to prevent spamming - but at no Energy cost to you! 

  • Blink on ALL Archwings: Tap LB (default)
    • Blink now shares the same button as "Move Down" (LB by default). Players should find that the new binding has automatically replaced their previous "Move Down" binding! This button is now used to "Move Down / Dodge / Blink", here's how each works:
      • "Move Down": Hold down LB
      • "Blink": Tap LB to Blink on all Archwings (if it isn't already on cool down)
      • "Dodge":  Tap LB while moving laterally

 

HOWEVER - the only thing left bumper does is make me go UP (not down as was the stated prior behavior).  Tapping, Holding, or moving laterally does not change this - it still makes me go UP.  No blink.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tucker D Dawg,

Thanks for reporting this issue - I wonder if you could please reply with a screenshot of your controller layout (Options -> Customize Controller). It sounds like you previously had "Move Up" bound to LB? if so, I assume you had "Move Down" elsewhere? Part of our last update was designed to replace the "Move Down" action with "Move Down / Dodge / Blink", so I'm curious if this worked for you but is on a different button somewhere.

Any extra info you can provide would be super helpful, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant blink either on my Itzal.   There are no "key" bindings on console by the way.  As OP I am on XB1.  I reset to default settings but that doesnt fix anything as it's just look sensitivity and X/Y invert settings.

I discovered the "Customize Contller" label at the top of the Controls Options was a button, and not just a label!  Clicking on it brings up the controller diagram.  I re-assigned the button to something else.  Then restored to defaults.  That fixed it.

Seems the upate is missing a small step to maybe to this behind the scenes.  Fixed now

 

Found a Fix on a thread on Reddit.

"EDIT: FIXED! I had to go into controller map, map a different action to blink, then remap blink back to the original button again. Works fine now with the controls it's supposed to be. Strange though, I really didn't do anything to fix it... Just moved it then moved it back."

Edited by (XB1)VisualEffective
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (XB1)VisualEffective said:

I cant blink either on my Itzal.   There are no "key" bindings on console by the way.  As OP I am on XB1.  I reset to default settings but that doesnt fix anything as it's just look sensitivity and X/Y invert settings.

I discovered the "Customize Contller" label at the top of the Controls Options was a button, and not just a label!  Clicking on it brings up the controller diagram.  I re-assigned the button to something else.  Then restored to defaults.  That fixed it.

Seems the upate is missing a small step to maybe to this behind the scenes.  Fixed now

 

Found a Fix on a thread on Reddit.

"EDIT: FIXED! I had to go into controller map, map a different action to blink, then remap blink back to the original button again. Works fine now with the controls it's supposed to be.

Can confirm this does indeed work. 

Reset your bindings, and you should be good to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try going to your settings, the controller bindings and click on the one for L1, scroll down and select the crouch,dodge,blink one (which the configuration will already be set to by default) this seemed to fix it for me. Make sure you save the bindings when you back out

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, [DE]Jim said:

Hi Tucker D Dawg,

Thanks for reporting this issue - I wonder if you could please reply with a screenshot of your controller layout (Options -> Customize Controller). It sounds like you previously had "Move Up" bound to LB? if so, I assume you had "Move Down" elsewhere? Part of our last update was designed to replace the "Move Down" action with "Move Down / Dodge / Blink", so I'm curious if this worked for you but is on a different button somewhere.

Any extra info you can provide would be super helpful, thank you!

I managed to get it mapped to double-tap A.

i would add that i had never changed the default mappings... i think the instructions need to specify that for some players the default behavior will be no binding after the update.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

17 hours ago, (PS4)ClockworkSiren said:

Try going to your settings, the controller bindings and click on the one for L1, scroll down and select the crouch,dodge,blink one (which the configuration will already be set to by default) this seemed to fix it for me. Make sure you save the bindings when you back out

This worked for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! Following up here with some more information on the issue:

This seems to be affecting players who have never customized or manually defaulted their controls (this would include brand new players or players who have never ventured into the Customize Controller screen). 

But fear not! We have a workaround for this: All you need to do is go into your "Customize Controller" screen in your Options and "save" on the way out - you do no changes need to make any changes to your bindings! Simply save and exit 🙂 

  • Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! Following up here with some more information on the issue:

This seems to be affecting players who have never customized or manually defaulted their controls (this would include brand new players or players who have never ventured into the Customize Controller screen). 

But fear not! We have a workaround for this: All you need to do is go into your "Customize Controller" screen in your Options and "save" on the way out - you do no changes need to make any changes to your bindings! Simply save and exit 🙂 

We must also note that there is a bug that makes us unable to blink, the blink bars just vanish and you are stuck to flying really slow ^.^ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This fix doesn't work for Steam Controllers (or anyone choosing to use Steam Input probably) either. Usually SC users would just configure it from Steam instead of in game, but nothing has really changed on that end. I realized if I straight up bound the Xinput button generically I could make it work but that causes conflicts with existing steam input API stuff so it doesn't really work out. (Although honestly I hope this gets fixed at all at this point, we don't have a Railjack action set in Steam yet, or as you guys call them in ee.logs for xinput, something like an 'input filter' for different things like ground with guns, melee mode, menus, etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-12-20 at 4:48 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! Following up here with some more information on the issue:

This seems to be affecting players who have never customized or manually defaulted their controls (this would include brand new players or players who have never ventured into the Customize Controller screen). 

But fear not! We have a workaround for this: All you need to do is go into your "Customize Controller" screen in your Options and "save" on the way out - you do no changes need to make any changes to your bindings! Simply save and exit 🙂 

Danielle, this also affects PS4 Remote Play, I could fix it on the PS4 directly by resetting controls but on PC via remote play on the PS4 there seems to be no workaround.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-12-19 at 6:50 PM, (XB1)VisualEffective said:

EDIT: FIXED! I had to go into controller map, map a different action to blink, then remap blink back to the original button again. Works fine now with the controls it's supposed to be. Strange though, I really didn't do anything to fix it... Just moved it then moved it back."

Worked for me n PS4! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...