Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack- The ONLY person who should have control over Navigation is the Captain.

ShortbusGangster

The fact that someone else can hijack your ship and extract everyone before you have even so much as picked up upgrades and Avionics is an insult to people who earn their way through the game. 
This is a level of griefing seeing as you can't upgrade without looting Dirac, Materials, and most of all the rare Battle Avionics, better Integrated Avionics, and Railjack Components themselves. 

Extraction should also be free to those who want to leave and rush through the game. WE ARE SPACE NINJAS WITH ACTUAL SPACESHIPS AT OUR COMMAND. 

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, ShortbusGangster said:

The fact that someone else can hijack your ship and extract everyone before you have even so much as picked up upgrades and Avionics is an insult to people who earn their way through the game. 
This is a level of griefing seeing as you can't upgrade without looting Dirac, Materials, and most of all the rare Battle Avionics, better Integrated Avionics, and Railjack Components themselves. 

Extraction should also be free to those who want to leave and rush through the game. WE ARE SPACE NINJAS WITH ACTUAL SPACESHIPS AT OUR COMMAND. 

I agree and also believe there should be personal extracts. We have a damn orbiter. "Dad come pick us up!"

• Like 7

Since I have yet to get navigation to work for me when I'm not host I'm not sure what is a bug and what isn't.  I want to have personal extractions long before the lock out of nav console, also bring back the ability to vote on where we go before we go like that thing we can do for all the other missions including open world bounties...

We just finished a mission where the captain played dead for long minutes after the mission end and then disconnected having everyone loosing their loot.
Plus I never was able to interact with the console if it's not my ship.

Anyway I don't really agree with you, someone should be able to initiate extract and there should be a vote to avoid 1 person trolling the others.

Edited by Belreinuem
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Belreinuem said:

We just finished a mission where the captain played dead for long minutes after the mission end and then disconnected having everyone loosing their loot.
Plus I never was able to interact with the console if it's not my ship.

Anyway I don't really agree with you, someone should be able to initiate extract and there should be a vote to avoid 1 person trolling the others.

That does present a cause for concern. I think the easiest way to address that would be to allow self extraction. Keep everyone happy rather than held hostage. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ShortbusGangster said:

The fact that someone else can hijack your ship and extract everyone

Wow, I assumed that couldn't happen... Then again I've never done it on a Railjack where I wasn't captain.

If someone else can really say "Hey guys we're leaving" and force everyone out WITHOUT the captain's permission that needs to change.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ShortbusGangster said:

Your argument goes both way though, loitering 10-15 minutes in a mission after it is done is also kind of crap for people who want to go play next mission. It's no different to relic runs, when you get a guy who is opening every locker, checking every room and breaking every container, while the rest of the team just want their relic open and is waiting for that one person at extraction, thank god that we can force the extraction in that way.

Also in the current state of the Rail Jack there is a benefit for being able to force an extraction. It happenend to me as a host of RJ mission, that I've got stuck in the void just as as I was entering a Crewship via slinhshot while it blew up, and if it wasn't for ability to force extraction, my team and myself would have failed a mission and have gotten nothing for our efforts.

I agree with you that ideally we should have an individual extraction available at all stages of the game.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

i want an option where i don't get robbed out on getting no materials when the mission was over the guy just left when i was just gonna farm for stuff i needed and i would leave after i got enough of what i wanted all the other's would have to do is speak up when they wanted to go like " let's do another 1 " or like "lets head back so we can claim our loot" and i would head back to the ship set the navigation which is controlled just by me, because getting yanked out before u even had a chance to farm is just not good and the option of single extractions should be implemented idk how but ppl just leave before u had a chance to farm anything just grinds my gears, like i didn't fight all of the enemy's just to claim what the mission gave after I'd like to farm out the area a bit to get more loot but nope i got pretty much nothing, so my personal opinion is that only the captain should have power over the navigation and if ppl want to go or do the next thing either speak up or just help farm till the captain is satisfied  with their haul or again SPEAK UP like a normal person would and ask how much they want to farm or tell them when u would like to leave after a certain amount of loot has been gathered after this mission's cause like what's text chat or if u got a mic even for if your just trying to troll the person who is trying to make a better space ship so that the mission's down the road isn't as hard when u got enough materials for whatever your trying to make, and when u don't even got a chance to farm is just ridiculous. 

( Edit to: single extractions should be implemented) <----- this right here should be under the group or crew mates involved discussion or shouldn't even have this because, let's speak hypothetically that the captain the owner of the ship has full control of the navigation and no 1 else does so there's no trolling or griefing ppl outta they're extra loot they wanna grab this is the reason for mic's and text chat like come on are u gonna be that rude to grief someone outta loot that's not only good for them but yourself included like you obliviously have the option to voice or text your opinion on the matter when you wanna head back or even go to the next mission but no ppl choose to be rude about 50% of the time.

So ya only captains should have control over the navigation and not the ppl who join you cause u could be out and about just about to farm then u get called back and your just 1 angry dude after cause u didn't have even a slight chance to attempt to farm. 

basically all I'm trying to say is that:

1. need a lock on navigation to captains only

2. ppl need to speak up there opinion's

3. Ask when you want to return to go do other thing's or another mission

apparently though the communication card gets just tossed out to the vast empty space  like hello where is the communication when ppl just hijack your ride and there's nothing you can do about it you just have to stand there and take it when your trying to have the good stuff / trying to upgrade them uh oh imma hit this and screw you over like i don't want to have to keep going through that mess of shenanigans, so with all of what i said only person who should be able to touch the navigation is the captain of the ship.

( if you don't like my entire opinion then oh well tried to make my point on the matter at hand ). 

On 2019-12-19 at 1:51 PM, ShortbusGangster said:

Here in PS4 land, trolls think it's their solemn duty to make sure they refine mats before refilling the forge as well as hijacking our railjack to drydock/next missions. We each worked hard - solo - to build our personal railjacks only to be told that we can't have any control over them. That's exactly like building a car with our own sweat, supplies, and funds but we have to allow anyone who enters the car to drive it wherever, whenever and we have to sit there and be happy about it, because if we get angry and say something in voice or text, then WE'RE  the salty a-holes. We are at the mercy of the trolls with the fastest fingers. This is driving many of us to stop playing with randoms all together. 

On ‎2019‎-‎12‎-‎19 at 11:59 AM, Zelmen said:

I agree and also believe there should be personal extracts. We have a damn orbiter. "Dad come pick us up!"

There should ineed be a method of personally extracting. It would make life so much more bearable in Railjack.

Combine this with a console locked to the Owner of the ship, and I think a lot of people would be happier. Obviously not the Trolls, but most everybody else playing I think.

When you do have a good group though, it always pays to speak up about what you need. Sometimes that may roll over into another mission, or it might be an extra 10 minutes collecting space trash.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2020-02-08 at 9:06 AM, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

That's exactly like building a car with our own sweat, supplies, and funds but we have to allow anyone who enters the car to drive it wherever, whenever and we have to sit there and be happy about it, because if we get angry and say something in voice or text, then WE'RE  the salty a-holes. We are at the mercy of the trolls with the fastest fingers. This is driving many of us to stop playing with randoms all together. 

Exactly why I only play with randoms when I'm queuing up. In my ship I'm sick of folks dragging me into missions I never asked for when trying to teach my friends things in Free roam. I don't like when folks cash out my forge when I'm going from mission to mission. It leaves me unprepared and almost forces me back to the dojo. I get that the forge needs to be able to be accessed by others so I can't complain too much about that, but hijacking my ship and taking me to missions my ship CANNOT handle when I'm unprepared is not how I like to do things, especially since I'm held hostage the whole time if I want to come out with rewards for anything I already did.

Having your random public squadmates decide for you when to leave and using navigation on YOUR ship, forcing you to lose all the pickups you haven't collected and wanted to is definitely super annoying.

And vice versa, when you're someone who joined on someones ship but want to return to dry dock after your mission, you either have to wait for everyone else to finish the new mission that was already selected before you got any say in it, or quickly force it back to drydock and annoy everyone else.

Either way I agree with OP that only the host should control their own ship's navigation and furthermore, everyone should have the ability to leave squad and return separately.
Aborting isn't an option because then even though you successfully completed your mission in space, it will give you a mission failed screen because you technically aborted and didn't return the naturally intended way along with the ship and the rest of it's crew who wouldn't have given you a choice in the first place, it's complete garbage right now that needs to change, it's something that makes me want to to try playing solo instead of bothering with other people in a multiplayer game where I should be enjoying the squad assistance on a ship intended to be manned by 4 people.

On 2020-03-31 at 8:00 PM, BrendanatorX said:

Having your random public squadmates decide for you when to leave and using navigation on YOUR ship, forcing you to lose all the pickups you haven't collected and wanted to is definitely super annoying.

And vice versa, when you're someone who joined on someones ship but want to return to dry dock after your mission, you either have to wait for everyone else to finish the new mission that was already selected before you got any say in it, or quickly force it back to drydock and annoy everyone else.

Either way I agree with OP that only the host should control their own ship's navigation and furthermore, everyone should have the ability to leave squad and return separately.
Aborting isn't an option because then even though you successfully completed your mission in space, it will give you a mission failed screen because you technically aborted and didn't return the naturally intended way along with the ship and the rest of it's crew who wouldn't have given you a choice in the first place, it's complete garbage right now that needs to change, it's something that makes me want to to try playing solo instead of bothering with other people in a multiplayer game where I should be enjoying the squad assistance on a ship intended to be manned by 4 people.

Solo is fairly simple. Time consuming and at times a little like being a one-armed wallpaper hanger, but doable. 

On 2019-12-19 at 1:51 PM, ShortbusGangster said:

I have spent hundreds on this game, ive decided that until devs make this change i will never spend another cent on this game.. i love the game, and really love railjack, but this is the dumbest feature that has ever been added to the game by far. I can never replenish my forge, grab avionics or weapons, all because devs added a #*!%ing troll function into the game.. there is absolutely no reason someone who doesnt build their railjack so they dont need resources should be able to rip you out of your own game

Edited by (PS4)ValdBagina6370
Spelling errors

I think the best implementation would be:

Personal Extraction:  Allow return to orbiter in the menu to extract you (and only you) with either successful mission rewards or not (if the mission isn't finished).

Locked Nav:  Captain is captain, you don't get to play with his nav computer.

Leave Squad:  If you have your own railjack, and you leave squad, you get sent to your own railjack in the same spot the other guy's railjack was, and you are all alone to go pick up space litter or shoot rocks or whatever.  If you don't have a railjack it's the same function as personal extraction (or maybe just dumps you in space in your archwing until you beg Ordis to come pick you up).

• 1 month later...

I'm hopeful that DE will make the changes discussed in this thread. I've had my RJ pulled out of mission prematurely several times now and it's upsetting. I enjoy taking public RJ players for a spin through earth/saturn/veil, but too often they can't be trusted. Unfortunately, I lose a little bit of interest in playing RJ with public players each time the nav console gets abused by a player who either doesn't know better or doesn't care.

On that note, once a public player has warped the RJ to somewhere of their choosing, it would be nice if there was a way to know exactly where the new location is. Having to memorize the mission objectives as well as general appearance of the maps in order to discern location only adds to the frustration of the sitaution, and doesn't seem congruent with the level of technology on the ship.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree on locked console ONLY if they also add personal extraction

Cause you feel trolled if people, at the end of the mission just go to console and go back DD, but you don't think that you could be the troll, forcing a team that is playing a mission that technically in the majority of case is an extermination or little more, to stay a lot of minute to farm resources and other thing with you?

I'm talking for myself: mission is finish, let's go to another mission or DD, no time to lose , sry. You want to stay there to farm? no problem =) I'm faster to select DD on the console, maybe you could farm in the next mission.