Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People are starting to get the han solo syndrome with their ships...

Toppien

DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ON MY SHIP!

that's the common behavior I've been encountering lately on public games, i find it funny and sad a the same time...

for example, we were on a veil mission then when i decide to use the main cannon on the ship to get rid of a crew-ship that was constantly healing the fighters, the "captain" goes nuts and starts griefing me for "wasting his ammo" and im like "wtf i just killed a ship that was being a real pain in the butt" but no, the guy says that is his ship and his ammo.

another different mission one guy was just fooling around chasing fighters at the other side of the map (cuz the damn things keep fleeing if you pursue them) but when i decide to move the ship to a more safe location behind some asteroids this guys gets mad and says "enjoy the host migration, get your own ship"

well excuse me, my ship is actually pretty good but i cant host for sht so i end up solo with my ship, but anyways.

the point is that people are starting to get really touchy and possessive with their ships, so much for a cooperative game mode 😞 and i cant wait for the command intrinsic to be released

Edited by Toppien
  • Like 9

I'm fine with people using the main gun and stuff, what grinds my gears is when gunners activate seeker swarm with no idea which direction the ship is facing, launching fifty missiles into the void that only have sight on one fighter at best.

If you insist on constantly slamming the missiles button, at least make sure it hits something.

Edited by PhoenixFury

Always add toxic players to your ignore list. Ignoring that player will prevent you from meeting him/her ever again. I haven’t experienced any that sort of toxicity because I always fly my own Railjack to missions. If someone Is at my seat (pilot seat) I’ll just wait for them to get off by repairing or boarding ships.

Edit: I should probably preface this with I am an Engineer focused Railjack owner.

Huh, well, this is the first I've heard of that so far, I certainly don't care about people using up my munitions or Dome Charges that much, I'd prefer if they mentioned it first so I can make sure to refill everything in the forge before mission ends but whatever. As long as I refill before the mission ends it comes from everyone's resources, not my own. I think they just need to get better at engineering or hope there are more engineers.

Veil Proxima isn't really where you should be going to gather resources though so I wouldn't be overly worried about using them to make a Dome Charge or two. More than that though I would be kinda annoyed at cuz they ARE expensive.

Edited by Cloudyvisage

28 minutes ago, Toppien said:

"captain" goes nuts and starts griefing me for "wasting his ammo"

Happened to me last night "Don't do that you're wasting time, don't pilot the grineer ship you're wasting time" I'm in Railjack to enojy myself and play around, thats the point of playing a game. I feel like its turning into efficiency frame, something I hate about the meta of Old School Runescape where this is really prevalent. 

• Like 1

I would put the other perspective in however.

As someone who typically hosts and pilots the ship, I am totally fine with people using whatever tools they want, so long they are using it in a reasonable way.

Doing things such as spamming particle ram, missiles and artillery cannon when there is literally no enemies at sight is most certainly not a reasonable thing to do, and should be considered as griefing. Sadly the number of times I have met players like that is actually rather surprisingly high, especially when I do the occasional earth node. (it rarely happens in saturn)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RhimeOrReason said:

I feel like its turning into efficiency frame,

this was inevitable though: everything else has people like this: ESO, Disruption, Sorties, Arbitrations, Eidolon hunts and more. people will always want to get thigns done as fast as possible with Zero regard for what you want or how fun it is for you. I'm not even surprised it happened this quickly.

people do need to ease up though, and actually think before going public "I'm inviting random people on my ship, we need to communicate." I can understand being annoyed if your gunner isn't hitting anything but if they are the single thing keeping the railjack alive, then I'll feed ammo myself to keep them running if that's what it takes.

teamwork makes the dream work!

34 minutes ago, kyori said:

You should post this to Feedback section, so DE knows that the co-op in reality is not the same as they perceived.

Where is the feedback section for railjack? I haven’t found it and have been putting suggestions everywhere I could. 

3 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

its almost like de should not have added a mechanic where people can waste your resources without you being able to do anything about it. 

I’ve actually thought about taking off battle abilities so people don’t spam it and make me burn recourses because there was no one there. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RhimeOrReason said:

I'm in Railjack to enojy myself and play around, thats the point of playing a game

I dunno... I feel like you should be doing that in solo. I play around in solo and learn how to do the mission/etc. before I feel comfortable moving to pub to actually farm something like relics or kuva. For people like me that prepare before going pub, you're just wasting our time with that attitude. Like, I get it - if it's not fun why bother playing? The problem is that for some people, having a squad-mate or two $&*^ing around instead of focusing on mission success ruins the fun and that's the rub, isn't it? "Your" fun is ruining "my" fun. I"m essentially hearing you say something like "I play for fun, I should be able to go mining and fishing in PoE in a pub while they complete bounties." Not cool, bro.

• Like 5

If anything, when I'm hosting it feels like people DON'T use my ship enough. Whenever I leave the piloting seats (which have the best long range guns I have, while my side turrets gets one-shots Cryophon that murders anything that gets in range) for one reason or another, nobody ever takes my place.

Players don't react fast enough to crewships either, and I often have to turn the ship, get into the catapult, destroy the crewship, teleport back to railjack, resume piloting, while my team is doing... nothing ? I don't know.

However I myself DID quit missions I joined as a pub. Because getting to an end Saturn mission only to discover the host didn't upgrade his Railjack guns at all while you need to get 90 fighters kills is... ew.

8 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Players don't react fast enough to crewships either, and I often have to turn the ship, get into the catapult, destroy the crewship, teleport back to railjack, resume piloting, while my team is doing... nothing ? I don't know.

This so much.

1 hour ago, Toppien said:

DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ON MY SHIP!

that's the common behavior I've been encountering lately on public games, i find it funny and sad a the same time...

for example, we were on a veil mission then when i decide to use the main cannon on the ship to get rid of a crew-ship that was constantly healing the fighters, the "captain" goes nuts and starts griefing me for "wasting his ammo" and im like "wtf i just killed a ship that was being a real pain in the butt" but no, the guy says that is his ship and his ammo.

another different mission one guy was just fooling around chasing fighters at the other side of the map (cuz the damn things keep fleeing if you pursue them) but when i decide to move the ship to a more safe location behind some asteroids this guys gets mad and says "enjoy the host migration, get your own ship"

well excuse me, my ship is actually pretty good but i cant host for sht so i end up solo with my ship, but anyways.

the point is that people are starting to get really touchy and possessive with their ships, so much for a cooperative game mode 😞 and i cant wait for the command intrinsic to be released

I like how you mention that you end up solo on your ship due to hosting issues when you had that other post talking about how you wish you could opt out of playing host and still join missions.  

You know, the one where you but my head off, and another poster, for suggesting things like raising ping limits and being recruited as half arsed fixes etc.

Thats not a sleight against you, i find it endearing because its like a character trait. Like getting to know a tenno, and seeing how their lack of ability to host due to interner complications sorta wears on them and becomes this sorta, demon on their shoulder. Almost like mr robots dad. Or drop dead fred. 

Anyhow, its silly of them to act that way. If you encounter it again just use up all their ammo and leave. Then put them on ignore and maybe you wont be matched up with them in the future. Im sorry to hear idiots behaving like this, ESPECIALLY since resources arent really that hard to come by, and the whole point of it is to use it if you make it. 

All i can say though, if you're gonna use their super ammo, make sure its at a crew ship. 

I wish you better vibes in your matchmaking.