Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Railjack] The boarding of the ship is too easy

Awazx

...It is so easy, it seems that they come through the door.

The boarding of a state-of-the-art ship, armored and armed to the teeth, should be a much more difficult task, both for the enemies and for the Tenno.

Possible solution: make the enemies (and the Tenno) have the task of breaking, damaging or hack the entrance door to the ship before being able to board it. 

Edit: the boarding of a Grinner ship does not offer any immersion: launch your Archwing to the Grinner ship and wait until a sign that says "enter the ship" appears (very kindly). For real? The Grinners should do the impossible to prevent him from entering his ship. As it is time, I just need to be invited to a beer once I am inside.

Edited by Awazx
  • Like 1

I could get behind making Grineer ships more difficult to board, but I'd counterbalance it with nerfing Crewships or having less of them spawn per mission or having a cap at how many can be active at once

Edited by Zahnny
  • Like 1

The enemies doest use a door, they literally punch a big hole in our hull with a bullet shaped rocket... so that part doesnt needs changes. But i like the idea of having to first damage the door of crewships to enter (if not using the Slingshot)

il y a 9 minutes, DrakeWurrum a dit :

To be fair, they literally ram their ship through our hull... They don't use a door.

Then I will edit my publication and say: "It is so easy, it seems that they come through the door."

3 minutes ago, Duskham said:

The enemies doest use a door, they literally punch a big hole in our hull with a bullet shaped rocket... so that part doesnt needs changes. But i like the idea of having to first damage the door of crewships to enter (if not using the Slingshot)

Or at least hack it.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that entering a Grineer Galleon doesn't look as awesome as entering it did at Tennocon. I push X, black screen, then... Oh, I'm rolling in from space. 😐

It shouldn't take more than a moment though as space is stupidly dangerous right now, especially right next to a crewship, perhaps shoot two glowing points then you can enter? I also don't like the idea that you basically run up to it as fast as possible, sidle behind and just hop in like they left the thing wide open despite not having enough space to hold fighters nor having any space assets inside.

As for them getting on board, well, Grineer tech has advanced pretty far with brute force, after all they can board Corpus cruisers the same way and the Corpus are trying their best to be mini-Orokin. Perhaps the ship could attach via ramming and a large dent appears inside the ship then they perform a secondary procedure to get in that you can deny somehow as the Engineer. That could be fun.

1 hour ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Or at least hack it.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that entering a Grineer Galleon doesn't look as awesome as entering it did at Tennocon. I push X, black screen, then... Oh, I'm rolling in from space. 😐

The galleon part is probably to optmize the game to everyone but most to potato PCs (and prevent some bugs xD)

il y a une heure, Drasiel a dit :

eh that feels slow, I'd rather blow up the door and eject the crew in the airlocks out

Maybe offer both options (destroy the door / hack the door). Because I repeat: there is no immersion or realism in being able to enter a ship with such ease.

Il y a 20 heures, Cloudyvisage a dit :

I also don't like the idea that you basically run up to it as fast as possible, sidle behind and just hop in like they left the thing wide open despite not having enough space to hold fighters nor having any space assets inside.

Exactly this.

21 hours ago, MysticDragonMage said:

i believe there was a suggestion for the grineer ramsleds to either be highlighted a different color than all of the red highlights already around the normal fighters or highlighted in a different shape (a circle).

That sounds like something I suggested, yes 🙂 My proposal was to give Fighters a diamond outline, Crew Ships a square and Ramsleds (along with any other projectiles players can shoot down) a circle. That way, you could tell at a glance which of those fast-moving icons around you is a Ramsled that needs to be prioritised. DE have so far done this for Crew Ships (though they went with a four-point star instead), but have not done so for Ramsleds. I'm still having to guess at those. I still want individual icons for them.

22 hours ago, Cloudyvisage said:

It shouldn't take more than a moment though as space is stupidly dangerous right now, especially right next to a crewship, perhaps shoot two glowing points then you can enter? I also don't like the idea that you basically run up to it as fast as possible, sidle behind and just hop in like they left the thing wide open despite not having enough space to hold fighters nor having any space assets inside.

Why, though? Warframe's pace has never really left much room for fiddly enemy mechanics, especially for particularly deadly enemies, and boarding is already far more fiddly than any other enemy we've fought so far. The only realistically reliable way of taking out Crew Ships is to board them and break them from inside since their health pool is too large for Railjack guns to really scratch, and boarding is already more than complex enough. Besides, there's always the Archwing Slingshot which is capable of boarding Crew Ships without even going through the door - just headbutt your way through their hulls. All something like this would do is make Archwing combat - which is already pretty suicidal against Crew Ships - even worse.

22 hours ago, Awazx said:

The boarding of a state-of-the-art ship, armored and armed to the teeth, should be a much more difficult task, both for the enemies and for the Tenno.

It already is, more so since the latest patch. Cy announces the launch of Ramsleds seemingly as soon as they leave the tubes and they fly fairly slowly in a sort of roundabout path. Granted, they lack a unique icon (something they really should have) but shooting them down is still easily possible. Additionally, Crew Ships were limited to launching only four Ramsleds each since the last patch, meaning you only need to weather the initial boarder salvo, after which point you only have to worry if you approach a PoI or more Crew Ships warp in. I'm never going to defend complexity for the sake of adding complexity, but I feel Ramsleds offer a decent threat to which pilots and gunners should - and can - respond quickly. That's not a bad thing.