Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller keybinds (Railjack, Railjack related, etc...)

Koldraxon-732

Aside from other bugs, there's at least three I must report. If they've already been reported, then this post is obsolete.

Double-check the title.

This issue may also exist on PS4/XB1/Steam controllers, but if it's somehow not an issue on any of the aforementioned, then a fix can be pulled from the code used to bind the Railjack keys properly from there - though I believe that I doubt it's that simple to do.

The issues specific to this post (or not, depending on what happens):

1: Controller keybinding (general):
-The controller's user cannot bind -any- key to -any- slot. Most visible when you look at the 'Ability menu' (activated by Right-bumper on Xbox controllers), the only binds it has are for powers and Focus, and you can't add any others to it due to it not listing them.
-Railjack specific issue: This prevents me from adding the Tactical Menu without sacrificing functionality of the Overlay Map!

2: Stacked function button(s) (Railjack):
-The key for Railjack 'dodge' moves and 'blink' does not function, and only works for descending.

3: un-rebind-able keys (controller, Railjack):
-Left-bumper/crouch on Railjack controls is supposed to govern pilot abilities (strafing, 'sliding' ). It is actually bound to 'bank left' by default and this overrides any controls to descend or use those moves. Rebinding is not possible, as it throws a 'used in melee stance' exception.
-A/lump is meant to have the Railjack ascend. It cannot be rebound (gives 'used for melee stance' as an excuse), and is entirely unresponsive to input.

To reproduce these issues:
1: Check options, controller keybinds, 'ability menu' and the lack of keybinding options you will discover when searching the interface with a controller.
2: Fly a Railjack and attempt to tap the left bumper while thinking it will either allow you to dodge in the direction of your choosing, have you blink, or make you descend.
3: Check options, controller keybinds, 'Railjack', and attempt to rebind the A/jump key and the Left-bumper/crouch keys.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
LB and A (Xbox, might affect all other controllers) cannot be rebound in Railjack controls!