Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone explain Avionic capacity

(XBOX)GearsMatrix301

13 hours ago, Cephalon_Carstairs said:

Complaining about the highest tier as a drop. Maybe you misheard something, bud. Zetki is the highest tier there is. At least know what you're complaining about before complaining.

Zetki parts usually offer better stats, but they're not always the best.

For reactor, Vidar is better because the gain from better avionics > gain from using combat avionics more often.

Also, for capacity itself, Zetki mods often have low capacity efficiency compared to Vidar (gain over capacity is often less than Vidar).

14 hours ago, Cephalon_Carstairs said:

My bad, didn't know Zetki had bad reactors. For pretty much every avionic and weapon Zetki has the highest percentage (at the same rank) or DPS. I didn't realize the system components were so skewed. But I guess the descriptions about the trade-offs make sense now.

That isnt true either. Not if you are after top end drops.

Even the popular Cryo cannon is worse as Zekti unless you get a really low roll on your Vidar. At around 50% damage bonus the Vidar wins since it has better crit and can shoot more, if you get a 60% damage top roll it goes well beyond that. And that is true for all the other guns too where a top roll of Vidar outshines a Zetki. Lavan is more the "I need it now so I'll build the cheap one" upgrade.

Zetki is good for shields if you want to try and rely on those, otherwise you are better of with Lavan due to slow regen and initial high shield value. Make it easier to make use of +% damage when shields are at 0.

I'd say Vidar for guns, Lavan for shields, Zetki for engines and Vidar or Lavan for reactor, depending how much capacity you'll need versus flux.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Lavan for shields

I actually think people are sleeping on Zetki shields. Max shield isn't really very useful. Yeah an extra 500 shield is nice and all, but i think the true power is in that -recovery delay. I have one that is -3.5 seconds. That makes my regen delay 1.5s, and then it adds +5% regen/s, up to like 7.9% regen per sec. I think that's far more powerful (esp with good anode cell) than a few extra points on your shield top end.

33 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I actually think people are sleeping on Zetki shields. Max shield isn't really very useful. Yeah an extra 500 shield is nice and all, but i think the true power is in that -recovery delay. I have one that is -3.5 seconds. That makes my regen delay 1.5s, and then it adds +5% regen/s, up to like 7.9% regen per sec. I think that's far more powerful (esp with good anode cell) than a few extra points on your shield top end.

Honestly, if you get a Zekti shield array with low max shields, alright-ish shield recharge delay, and perk that gives +% turret damage when shields are depleted, it's a pretty excellent roll.

1 minute ago, The_Mustachio said:

Best I’ve gotten is a +52. A buddy rolled a +99. We’re not buddies anymore. 

By the way, apparently the random stats are different for each player even when in a squad.

6 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Honestly, if you get a Zekti shield array with low max shields, alright-ish shield recharge delay, and perk that gives +% turret damage when shields are depleted, it's a pretty excellent roll.

+452 shields

+5.9% regen/s

-3.5s delay

Increase RJ damage when shields are down. 🙂

17 hours ago, Cephalon_Carstairs said:

Complaining about the highest tier as a drop. Maybe you misheard something, bud. Zetki is the highest tier there is. At least know what you're complaining about before complaining.

No, he knew exactly what he was saying. Zekti are technically the highest tier, but in Railjack mechanics that very explicitly does not mean an upgrade in all areas. Zekti, Lavan, and Vidar equipment are not just in a tier of Decent/Better/Best, they frequently function as sidegrades to each other due to enhancing different stats. It’s like getting an Orokin Reactor for your Warframe which gives you extra Energy, but only boosts your mod capacity by half instead of doubling it.

5 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

+452 shields

+5.9% regen/s

-3.5s delay

Increase RJ damage when shields are down. 🙂

Would be better if shield delay is actually lower though for that perk to work better. Mine is this:

+173 shields

+4.3% regen/s

-2.4s delay

Increase Railjack damage by 25% when shields are depleted

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

Would be better if shield delay is actually lower though for that perk to work better. Mine is this:

+173 shields

+4.3% regen/s

-2.4s delay

Increase Railjack damage by 25% when shields are depleted

I dont mind the higher + max shields. The perk is nice but any damage being done not to my hull is easier for me since i tend to lean towards solo'ing.

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

I dont mind the higher + max shields. The perk is nice but any damage being done not to my hull is easier for me since i tend to lean towards solo'ing.

For me, I figured out how to extend that catastrophic failure invulnerability to a comfortable degree, so lower shields is better for my playstyle even when soloing.

20 hours ago, Voltage said:

Imagine you need an Orokin Reactor but the amount of capacity is randomized. You can see how awesome that sounds /s

I couldn't put how to describe this into words any better, honestly.

And I managed to get a shield array with -4 seconds and +damage when shields are down.  I'm honestly torn, because I can't keep the shields down because they won't stop recharging, even while being shot at.  On the other hand, the shields just won't stop.

Edited by PhoenixFury

16 hours ago, Skaleek said:

I just want my shield to run out and stay out for the bonus damage. Sadly I havent found a non-zetki with that stat yet, so will likely run that house still even though I dont really need or want the regen. I just have to play more aggressively.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I just want my shield to run out and stay out for the bonus damage. Sadly I havent found a non-zetki with that stat yet, so will likely run that house still even though I dont really need or want the regen. I just have to play more aggressively.

I think (purely guessing) different houses get different bonuses. Based on engines and shields exhibiting similar behavior.

On 2019-12-19 at 10:26 PM, Vevvev said:

Avionics capacity is basically the modding capacity for your Railjack.

Want better guns? There is an avionic for that.

Want a stronger Artillery since the current one stopped one shotting crew ships? An avionic has got you covered.

Need more hull and armor? Same thing.

Basically upgrading your reactor is a net boost to your entire railjack with the proper avionics equipped and upgraded.

Also you can upgrade the avionics themselves like you do with mods or upgrade the grid you put them on. Upgrading the grid costs more but can be worth it.

It’s a fancy “reverse” Orokin Reactor for your ship.  It just uses a “+” sign instead of dividing by 2.

Or you could call it a fancy version of an aura or stance mod...

27 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I think (purely guessing) different houses get different bonuses. Based on engines and shields exhibiting similar behavior.

Yep, think so too. The wiki still isnt fully clear on it, it just has a table with all the bonuses and they are only tied to the part, not the house. But I do believe it is a balance thing, so if you are after the +damage, you need Zetki which balances it out with more aggressive gameplay needed to maximize it since the shield starts regging faster and more.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

you need Zetki which balances it out with more aggressive gameplay

All about clearing the node faster, efficient farming baby. DE did a good job of making it hard to fail the mission while still making the missions difficult, imo!

Edited by Skaleek

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

All about clearing the node faster, efficient farming baby. DE did a good job of making it hard to fail the mission while still making the missions difficult, imo!

Indeed, I absolutely love RJ. Probably the best part of WF currently and a very nice breath of fresh air.

I think the only thing they still need to work on is resource rewards. T1 rewards shouldnt drop as end of mission rewards in T3 content. It should be titanium only from T3 end of mission resource rewards. So there is a normal transition and difference between the 3 tiers.

On 2019-12-20 at 1:13 PM, H0B0Z said:

Wiki says no...

Lavan MK III   23 - 70 Capacity / 40 - 200 Flux

Vidar MK III    35 - 100 Capacity / 20 - 100 Flux

Zetki MK III    10 - 50 Capacity / 50 - 300 Flux

Where in the wiki did you find this info?