Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sad with latest patches to RJ

Mia-Sbunny

Not sure what else got "patched" but it's made Railjack a lot worse for me.

To start off, I recolored my railjack. Outside and in.

I go into my railjack and while typing a message to someone, i see the interior colors pop back to defaults right in front of my eyes. Happened several times so I gave up on that now.

Also, I quite liked being able to solo Railjack missions as I like to play stealth/solo. I simply flew back out of range and could archwing out, blink over, take over crew ships and take enemies out with that. Well not anymore. Now it seems enemy ships can see me all across the other side of the map, no matter how far I fly back, they all just keep coming.

So, while it was nice to solo railjack missions, that's not working anymore.

Then I tried taking out a crewship with my railjack pilot guns. since, why not.

It goes to 0 hp, floats there. No matter how much I keep shooting it, nothing happens. Then it pops back up to 50% hp and continues to fight. Dropped it to 0hp 5 times over and nothing.

None of that was a problem before the last "fix" I was able to stealth solo stuff perfectly fine.  Sigh.

I could blow them up just fine with railjack cannons before just fine though, that's how I've played solo since Railjack came out.

Start a mission, fly backwards, shoot down the first wave of fighters and 1 crewship. All with railjack guns only. Then park your railjack, blink to the next wave without your railjack ever being targeted again.

That's my whole point, it was perfectly solo-able since you could keep your railjack safe from attacks.

3 minutes ago, DarthIronclad said:

or if you have gunnery level 4,you can use the archwing slihgshot and pay those crewships a nice surprise visit

Haha yea, that is quite fun to do 🙂 only problem being that I get shot during the breaking in/kneeling animation already.

I can activate Ivara's prowl during the enter animation if you normally enter a crewship, but not during the animation from crashing inside via slingshot.

Edited by Mia-Sbunny

You prolly should report it as a bug.  Cewship should be destroyable without AW.    Also, Boarding animation having no invulnerability is prolly a bug too, and should be reported.

Seriously, instead of wasting time in Gen discussion, whining....just go and report dem bugs.

Here you will not get any significant....results.

1 minute ago, trst said:

Or get some upgrades and run the missions with the Railjack itself. It's still fairly easy to solo without Archwing cheese.

Oh my railjack most likely can survive for a bit, just not my playstyle. I pretty much ivara prowl the whole game non stop in any mission. 

I don't like the frontal assault shoot everything in sight tactics 😄

The few railjack missions i did with public groups, yea, not my thing. Just a chaotic mess left and right. Both from enemies and players alike ^^ Which is fine, if you are into that sort of hectic combat. But I prefer to go slow and strategic. I dont want to get whiplash from aiming left right up down left, chase that fighter, shoot on the other side. etc 😛
I'm not archwing cheesing it though, I just go for the stealth approach.

Itzal invisiblilty, then blink forwards so I stay invis, blink again, until I reach a crewship or snipe 1 fighter, go into a crewship, prowl through that, take out pilot, take over crewship, shoot enemies with their own ship. explode the reactor, go to the next fleet of ships.

Thing is, that worked just fine, but that's all impossible now as enemy ships on the full other side of the map seem to come at me now. Flew backwards non stop, and new enemies just kept coming.

30 minutes ago, Mia-Sbunny said:

Then I tried taking out a crewship with my railjack pilot guns. since, why not.

It goes to 0 hp, floats there. No matter how much I keep shooting it, nothing happens. Then it pops back up to 50% hp and continues to fight. Dropped it to 0hp 5 times over and nothing.

It's always been like that. You're supposed to either shoot the reactor or use the big artillery gun to shoot it. 

• Like 1

The color thing sounds like a bug. Make a report in the bug forums.

You weren't ever able to destroy a crewship completely only using your railjack turrets.

You can still "stealth" your way out ten kilometers and park there and proceed to archwing the enemy. The only way the fighters will follow you back to your railjack is if you teleport back there yourself.

There weren't any patches that changed this. To be sure I just tested it myself five minutes ago and the Ai behaves the exact same way it did on day one.

1 hour ago, Mia-Sbunny said:

AFAIK Crewships can only be killed by: Ordinance (Munitions), Artillery (Dome charges), or blowing up their reactor from inside (what almost everyone bothers to do). Shooting them with standard Railjack guns or Archguns will just drop them into that 0hp-before-regenerate state

• Like 1

I can still solo my RJ missions fairly reliably on the final node of Veil so idk what problems you're having. My RJ is stupidly tanky though because most of grineer ship damage is incendiary and I have 56% resistance to it, along with 600% hull and 250% armour.

Still though, ships don't relentlessly hunt me down unless I shoot in their direction. Most of the time distant ones stay completely un-alert while I take out the ones near me.

Also Crewships only have 2 methods of destruction, forward artillery and destroying the reactor (which makes some sense as that is basically the same with our railjack.) It has been that way since launch so if anything you destroying them using another method was a bug.

• Like 2