Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grattler

(PSN)shadowclaw42

The single most useless weapon in warframe currently in my opinion. 

Borderline impossible to reliably hit enemies especially when netcode acts up even slightly. 

The bullets are unbearably slow, the damage pathetically low and the whole premise of it being like a flak cannon not realized in that the bullet explosions have no AOE to my knowledge. Just an explosion animation. If they do have an AOE then I'd be shocked because I've never seen it actually do damage. 

The only time I've found it useful is when ships are perfectly still. Which any other archwing weapon can take better advantage of by doing far more damage. 

In general fix archwing weapons and abilities. Amesha is about the only viable one but that's a different topic. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)shadowclaw42 said:

The bullets are unbearably slow, the damage pathetically low and the whole premise of it being like a flak cannon not realized in that the bullet explosions have no AOE to my knowledge.

The innate punch-through prevents the explosion from occurring when hitting an enemy directly. The Grattler can only deal full damage if the shell hits a nearby surface, such as the ground, after piercing the enemy.

source: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Grattler

that being said they could have add proximity based trigger for grattler's explosions for space combat (the way it is now only really works in ground combat...)