Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archguns ruins the fun and coop in Empyrean

niete

Most of the time, people would just go out of the ship with their amesha and cyngas and the pilot would be left to do all the railjack works (driving,repairing,forging) that it makes you unmotivated to play. I understand them for doing that since it is way more efficient than using the side turrets. I suggest buffing the turrets to outperform the archguns especially cyngas.

• Like 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb niete:

I have a zetki apoc mk3 with zetki hyperstrike and predator on the side turrets it is definitely strong but overheats way too quickly and the projectiles are slow.

That's kinda another problem that the amesha solves: the apocs are too slow and the target lead indicators arent exactly precise in my experience. But hopefully they really buff turret damage by a lot atleast.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

That's kinda another problem that the amesha solves: the apocs are too slow and the target lead indicators arent exactly precise in my experience. But hopefully they really buff turret damage by a lot atleast.

Yea the lead indicators sucks, it doesnt even change when amesha slows the enemy

IMO everything about the new game mode is awesome except the ship itself. If you just park the ship far away from the action and treat it as archwing 2.0, it's incredibly fun.

39 minutes ago, mrbubblepants said:

The gunner intrinsic has a snap to lead indicator bonus cant remember what level it is on. Im putting all points in gunner for that.

That's rank 10, which requires over 1,000 intrinsics points in total to reach. Good luck.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

IMO everything about the new game mode is awesome except the ship itself. If you just park the ship far away from the action and treat it as archwing 2.0, it's incredibly fun.

That's rank 10, which requires over 2,000 intrinsics points in total to reach. Good luck.

1023 if being "technically correct".  

the reason archwing 2.0 feels "fun" is you already had mods.  If your railjack already had mods it is fun as well.   I've gone into tier 3 missions with cringy railjacks and some fantastic ones.  The fantastics ones I never leave the ship except for key objectives.   One shotting most ships is very satisfying.  

Edited by Chappie1975

30 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

1023 if being "technically correct".  

the reason archwing 2.0 feels "fun" is you already had mods.  If your railjack already had mods it is fun as well.   I've gone into tier 3 missions with cringy railjacks and some fantastic ones.  The fantastics ones I never leave the ship except for key objectives.   One shotting most ships is very satisfying.  

Oh, right, I miscalculated. Thanks for the correction.

No, I had the mods before and it wasn't fun. Archwing 2.0 feels fun because the controls aren't a*se anymore, you can seamlessly go back and forth between flying and running and gunning, and the maps are more interesting.

Edited by SordidDreams

the tier of weapons should be

- Railjack and vehicle mounted weaponry; cannons, heavy machine guns etc. as the most powerful.

- Archguns as the mid-tier weapons, more effective than small arms but not as effective as railjack weapons.

- regular small arms (personal weapons) as the lowest tier. they are still relevant in railjack for use against boarders.

one of the easiest ways  DE could fix this would be to make Railjack enemies highly resistant or immune to regular weaponry, but they would also need to buff Archguns and railjack weapons to compensate for this. anything that is supposed to be fought by the Railjack's weapons only could be made highly resistant to Arch-gun fire. a system like this is already used for Profit-Taker. it seems like just buffing railjack weapons and maybe making Intrinsics Points easier to obtain would solve most of Railjack's problems.

For now, the best way to play the game is put the railjack far behind of the line, then hijack the crewship and destroy all the fighters by crewships, after then blow off its reactor. Honestly, we can't win the game in the railjack and we need to get out of it in order to do anything. We need to keep railjack to not fail the mission, though, so we need to repair stuffs when Cy alerts that it may blow off. But otherwise, we are REQUIRED to abandon railjack, seriously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, niete said:

Most of the time, people would just go out of the ship with their amesha and cyngas and the pilot would be left to do all the railjack works (driving,repairing,forging) that it makes you unmotivated to play. I understand them for doing that since it is way more efficient than using the side turrets. I suggest buffing the turrets to outperform the archguns especially cyngas.

The archguns are already extremely weak. And the turrets at higher ranks are already stronger than the archguns. The archguns need a buff to compete with fighters, so that a maxed out archgun can be reliably used at high level Empyrean missions. At higher levels, the only thing you're using an archwing for is infiltrating bases and crewships.

43 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

I do everything in my railjack, because it far outperforms my archwing and all my arch weapons. Except maybe Amesha, but that's an Amesha problem, not an archwing problem. 😕

It's not an Amesha problem. The Amesha isn't OP. The other archwings are underpowered. Considering how you're basically one-shotted by fighters, the archwings need a buff to be comparable to fighters. For a long time, I and others have asked for Tenno fighters, and every time, you all responded to us by saying "archwings are our fighters." Now that we have enemy fighters, you all don't want archwings to actually match them. Do you want archwings to be our fighters or not? Either the archwings should be buffed so that they can take on the fighters or we need new Tenno fighters.

5 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

For now, the best way to play the game is put the railjack far behind of the line, then hijack the crewship and destroy all the fighters by crewships, after then blow off its reactor. Honestly, we can't win the game in the railjack and we need to get out of it in order to do anything. We need to keep railjack to not fail the mission, though, so we need to repair stuffs when Cy alerts that it may blow off. But otherwise, we are REQUIRED to abandon railjack, seriously.

At higher levels, crewships are a bit unreliable in taking out fighters.

Edited by TheGildedOni
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The problem isn’t archwings. It’s the Railjack being super weak that is making people chose archwing over it.

It feels super weak when you're starting.

But with a proper build, you can easily out damage archguns, not to mention your Railjack is essentially unkillable.

Currently I play solo on the hardest Veil nodes almost entirely from inside my RJ, only using slingshot to hop on archwing and destroy Crew Ships or completing objectives, using omni tool to get back ( basically choice of archwing/archgun becomes irrelevant ).

1 minute ago, Vit0Corleone said:

But with a proper build, you can easily out damage archguns, not to mention your Railjack is essentially unkillable.

Currently I play solo on the hardest Veil nodes almost entirely from inside my RJ, only using slingshot to hop on archwing and destroy Crew Ships or completing objectives, using omni tool to get back ( basically choice of archwing/archgun becomes irrelevant ).

The problem is not all of us are able to reach to it. If railjack in the mission is quite usable we will use it well, but it is that mission only.

il y a 4 minutes, Vit0Corleone a dit :

This, they should buff weapons up to MKII a bit, and reactors too since we need hp and armor to survive, and then there is not a lot of points left for damage mods (with beginning and MKI reactors).

Edited by Arkandae

I don't mind being the pilot and keeping the Railjack out of harm, what makes me laugh is all the bloodlust masters wanting to get into the fight using the ship and I'm like alright go learn the hard way and I'll be team player do something else and then the ship explodes...while by me being a coward it doesn't..because I know how its armor is paper thin and it's as fast as a koala with a broken leg....

I enjoy this mode, but right off the bat there has to be some changes..like being able to leave after a mission, maybe a two man ship being introduced due to how bad the internet connections can be, because it's really smooth when it's just like two guys playing, get four and hitting a fighter with the guns comes down to them straight up rushing the ship and you can lay into them, but other than that... it's janky as hell. 

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

6 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

You can really play solo and beat veil proxima but the point I'm making is about the coop aspect of empyrean which in the advertisement says "test your crew" im pretty sure 1 pilot and 3 other people in archwing minding their own business is not a crew.