Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunner 10 intrinsics is broken/useless

Thunderousxyz

The description of gunner 10 says "Aim snaps turrets to the nearest lead indicator". However as you can see in the video the snaping lasts for ~3 seconds and doesnt work at all while firing.

You get the aimbot behaviour (which is expected based on the description) only if you spam right click and fire at the same time.

Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkQthSZCu9M&feature=youtu.be

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thunderousxyz said:

The description of gunner 10 says "Aim snaps turrets to the nearest lead indicator". However as you can see in the video the snaping lasts for ~3 seconds and doesnt work at all while firing.

You get the aimbot behaviour (which is expected based on the description) only if you spam right click and fire at the same time.

Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkQthSZCu9M&feature=youtu.be

I was about to upgrade to 10, but that is worthless 😕

• Like 1

Can we have a confirmation on if this is the inteded effect please? Don't wanna waste 512 intrinsics on this.

I have a feeling the snapping at the start is all it actually does but that would be really disappointing for a rank 10 perk.

Edited by SSI_Seraph

2 minutes ago, Czin said:

I mean it does as it says, but I guess you were expecting a lock on the lead indicator?

Yes, basically what happens at the end of the video when I am spam clicking aim.

Currently this is only useful with the Cryophon as you can one shot ships with it so you don't need the continious snap.

I was hoping this would make the MK3 Apocs easier to use since you have to lead 5 light years in front of the ship to hit it.

9 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

The end of the video was pretty funny, he basically found a way to fix it through spam snapping. Well played Op well played.

If the intended perk is just a useless initial lock on, That would be concidered a bug/exploit and would be quickly patched out with some internal cooldown.

Still failing to inderstand how that's worth 512 intrinsics while the cost and the other perks could easily trick you into thinking it's a lock on.

Edited by SSI_Seraph

Wow this is bad.

I also got the impression that the Rank10 would be a long term goal - and give us then a perma lock on the targets. 

I thought to myself "That´s ok as we´re all probably done with the content once we´re able to reach rank10 so it just speeds up the farming process."

But now that I´ve seen this, I can understand the disappointment. This is completely useless.

11 hours ago, CephalonLewd said:

That is disappointing.

But quick question, what have you been doing to farm intrinsics.

6 hours ago, OneRFeris said:

I 2nd the above question.

I've been farming Gian Point in the veil (with affinity booster) for vidar reactors not specifically for intrinsics.

Intrinsics just built up naturally.

On 2019-12-20 at 10:53 AM, Thunderousxyz said:

Yes, basically what happens at the end of the video when I am spam clicking aim.

Currently this is only useful with the Cryophon as you can one shot ships with it so you don't need the continious snap.

I was hoping this would make the MK3 Apocs easier to use since you have to lead 5 light years in front of the ship to hit it.

Yeah, i wouldn't want it to "lock on".  I think "snap to" is preferable.

Does it snap to targets off your screen that are located behind, below, or to the sides of your field of view?  Or does it just snap to targets within your field of view?

5 hours ago, Sorrode said:

Working as intended, the description already indicate that it is useless like the pilot and tactical one

I think "useless" is the wrong word here. 

The tactical one seems handy.  Tactical 4 and Tactical 10 would allow you to port back and forth between the ship and your "away team".  It's probably more useful for teams that are shorthanded.

The Pilot 10 doe seem less useful.  It might work well in conjunction with the Particle Ram, but it should probably do more damage than 2k.  It needs a bit of a rebalance.  DE, fortunately, has acknowledged that some of these need a rework and/or rebalance.

I think the Gunnery 10 would be handy if it snapped to targets out of your field of view, when you have no targets in your field of view.  That, however, is the only way that I'd find it useful.  I don't need or want an auto-aim.

However, I'm not certain that either of these is worth the amount of intrinsics we'd have to spend to acquire them.