The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Gunner 10 intrinsics is broken/useless

Thunderousxyz

6 hours ago, Osmium76 said:

I think "useless" is the wrong word here. 

The tactical one seems handy.  Tactical 4 and Tactical 10 would allow you to port back and forth between the ship and your "away team".  It's probably more useful for teams that are shorthanded.

The Pilot 10 doe seem less useful.  It might work well in conjunction with the Particle Ram, but it should probably do more damage than 2k.  It needs a bit of a rebalance.  DE, fortunately, has acknowledged that some of these need a rework and/or rebalance.

I think the Gunnery 10 would be handy if it snapped to targets out of your field of view, when you have no targets in your field of view.  That, however, is the only way that I'd find it useful.  I don't need or want an auto-aim.

However, I'm not certain that either of these is worth the amount of intrinsics we'd have to spend to acquire them.

Hence why people feel it should be auto aim.If all it is meant to do is "snap" to targets and then do nothing it shouldn't be a rank 10 it should be more like rank 2 or 3.

Gunner 10 sucks. Now you CAN'T aim because you're going to disorient yourself. Also not reliable because you have to be AIMING AT THE TARGET ALREADY for phantom eye (prediction marker) to appear before it can snap for 0.5 seconds. This means that unless you're okay with a macro that spams AIM, the rank 10 gunner is actually an overall downgrade

The option I would prefer more for Rank 10 Gunnery is control 3 turrets simultaniosly as one. Its logically right. As a pilot and commander, with superious mastery at gunnery, my character is skillful enough to operate 3 guns at one time. I talk about side turrets btw. not the imagenary ones. Its potentially pull up dps, give squadmates more time to archwing flight or in-mission tasks or forge manipulations. Also its unique and handy for solo players.

• Like 1

Technically, gunner 10 works like it's described.

Also, though, since cryophons have about double the sustained dps of any other armaments, I don't think it's fair to say that gunner 10 is useless. It's certainly not overwhelming, but ... compare it to engineering 9 or piloting 9 and it's mostly just in line with some other intrinsics.

Still... to be useful on those other weapons I tend to agree that should do something like track the selected target until you use 200 heat capacity or until the gunner moves the targeting reticle sufficient distance from that target.

• 5 weeks later...

i hate it when people say "works technically as described"    thats how corporations win court cases, and its how you PISS PEOPLE OFF.
dont be "that guy" who says in a nerdy voice "um technically its _______"   just make gunnery 10 auto aim for more than 0.5 seconds   at least make it 10 seconds.
if worried about players losing manual zoom in then make it "active while right button is down" so we can choose how long its active ourselves.

On 2020-01-28 at 4:58 PM, Alira0Blexiera said:

... its how you PISS PEOPLE OFF.

Always do what you are best at?

But, seriously, tell me what's so great about piloting 9?

Or, engineering 9? By the time you get engineering 9, refinement yield almost certainly is something you do not care about...

Anyways, the most annoying thing about gunnery 10 seems to be the inherent zoom that comes with the lockon, which makes spamming it nauseating. The advantage, though, is that with 360 degree view, sometimes you're sitting there and you have no idea which way you need to turn to find a target.

On 2020-01-31 at 3:41 AM, Fleuria said:

Always do what you are best at?

But, seriously, tell me what's so great about piloting 9?

Or, engineering 9? By the time you get engineering 9, refinement yield almost certainly is something you do not care about...

Anyways, the most annoying thing about gunnery 10 seems to be the inherent zoom that comes with the lockon, which makes spamming it nauseating. The advantage, though, is that with 360 degree view, sometimes you're sitting there and you have no idea which way you need to turn to find a target.

with the command tree we will get "auto crew" so gunner 10 better be worth its grind.
the function i want is as followed.
if Zoom == true | Target distance from curser less than X then | target=true
set Curser target == true
else
set curser target == false
end if

for those that dont want to stare at that mess too long, basically im saying "if zooming and aim is close to enemy lock curser to enemy until target is dead or zoom is disengaged"