Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additional wreckage slots?

Skaleek

I screwed up because i didnt realize i could buy slots. So this post is entirely irrelevant, apologies.

Hi,

So i am wondering when we are getting additional wreckage slots. Let me preface this with my opinion that DE has fostered a very "completionist" mentality towards the progression of Warframe. From the mod system, to the weapons, to the warframes themselves, the game encourages you to have it all. In fact i would go as far to say it encourages that part of your brain that triggers the "i need to collect it all" mentality. You may disagree, and I am happy for you if you don't feel the same way as me, but regardless, I strive to own everything Warframe has to offer. And Warframe itself has supported this journey, through their 'pay for space' slot system.

Okay with that in mind, I think 30 wreckage slots is too low. Let's just say for arguments sake, that you have 2 different engines, reactors, and shield arrays (that's on the low end, because there are utility mods on level 3 parts that make different ones appealing in different circumstances). So we're at 6/30 wreckage slots now. Not so bad, right? 20% full. You're gonna want all 3 ordnance launchers right? thats another 3 slots. You're at 9/30 now... 30%. Okay we're still ok. Now comes the gutpunch! If you want 2 of each turret from each house, since there are 5 variants, you need 10 slots per house. That puts us at 39. Not to mention even if you did come in under at 29 and cut all lavan house weapons, let's say, you would only ever have 1 slot to collect possible upgrades to your gear.

But Skaleek, you say, you're being ridiculous! Surely you don't need that many turrets, just find the best turret of each class and build 2 of each. That would put you at 19 slots, very reasonable, you've got 11 slots to spare! Well, unfortunately, the modding system doesn't support this well. Let's say I do stick with house zetki and i embrace overheat hell. It means i need to slot polar coil and any other heat management avionics. So now im in the mandatory avionic category. What if i want to do a build where i dont focus on turret heat capacity, and instead I focus on my forward artillery and ordnance, or god forbid, my flux consuming powers? This changes my loadout and I would probably opt for lavan turrets. But wait, theres more. Some of vidar's guns have increased falloff range for sniping! Maybe i want to be a long range frigate, taking pot shots at bombers before they can get to me. Well thats too bad, because with the slots we have, we don't really have a choice. We pick a lane and we're stuck in it, for better or worse, or we melt our hard work for a 50% return, just to try something different.

This also doesn't take into account sigma turrets because as far as I understand they are the bottom tier and so i wont bother with them. I've also not even considered what would happen if DE starts to release more variants or manufacturers, but that's speculation as surely they would increase wreckage max to account for it.

This feels exactly the opposite of my Warframe journey thus far. Warframe has always been, for me, about acquiring all the tools/toys and then experimenting with builds to see what i can make work, what I can make fun, and what different roles i can create.

Barring the increase of wreckage slots, i think that maybe the blueprints should not occupy the slots, just the built items. That way we can accumulate blueprints without fear of having it automelted because i got 6 zetki turrets in one mission and that awesome vidar reactor reward at the end of the mission was the last thing added, so it got melted.

Thanks.

Edited by Skaleek

Allright lets be honest here i see your name , i see a wall of text and i already know i will agree . Do i really need to read it all ?

Joking asside i agree having a better wreckage slots capacity would be good because it would be amazing to use those unequiped weaponry and stuff somewhere else right ?

Who does not dream of having a crafted NPC ship with our unused parts that roam around the solar system gathering ressources or doing stuff for us ^.^ 

But to be honest its just an unexplored market. Just sell bunch of wreckage slots for a very small ammount of plat and all tenno will be happy right ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

14 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

well if you craft said wreckage it goes into a different slot system for which you CAN buy extra slots so you just need to build 1 of each wreckage you want and buy slots galore.

Can you? i scoured the market for a way to buy slots and I couldnt find it. If this is in fact true my entire post is pointless.

2 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Even if they don't increase the cap, they definitely have to make it "softer".

I.e. you will still get all the new stuff from a mission, then the popup. And only in the next mission will you lose any newly collected items if you don't go below the cap again.

This would be something that helps a little. Its scary if you get a bunch of zekti guns/reactors/engines and then at the end you get those 2% drop lavan engines, only to have those be melted.

4 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Can you? i scoured the market for a way to buy slots and I couldnt find it. If this is in fact true my entire post is pointless.

xv4Q5MM.png

yep but it's only for built stuff. wrekage is still capped at 30 but once you build it they use these slots ( the default is like 3 or 4 I went ahead and bought ten so that I can have 1 of each item at MK3 and one of each MK3 zetki weapon)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

yep but it's only for built stuff. wrekage is still capped at 30 but once you build it they use these slots ( the default is like 3 or 4 I went ahead and bought ten so that I can have 1 of each item at MK3 and one of each MK3 zetki weapon)

Well crap, I'm an idiot. My entire post is pointless. I worked so hard on it damnit. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Edited by Skaleek