The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we stop with the RNG cosmetics?

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

Yet another cool looking Ephemera locked behind bullS#&$ blind Fin luck, no skill required. You actually have a better chance of seeing a dinosaur riding a unicycle playing the violin on a snow-covered beach in the middle of summer than to ever acquire this ephemera, it might as well not exist.

I mean no point in wasting Dev time on any of these if only less than 1% of the lucky player base can actually enjoy them.

That said there are a few that can actually be earned. However only a vary limited few. 

Because of this can we atleast make all the ephemera blue prints that are RNG luck acquired,  trade able? I mean they still need resources to build the thing. 

tenor.gif

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

better chance of seeing a dinosaur riding a unicycle playing the violin on a snow-covered beach in the middle of summer than to ever acquire this ephemera

I've had said dinosaur drop at least twice!!!!

But yeah, the grind for these cosmetics is getting pretty exhausting. Unfortunately because it's cosmetic, it holds a certain stigma that it's okay to be painfully hard to grind. Damn you blazing step, damn you.

• Like 1

We are a group of 4 people doing 5 races on the ship for half an hour (each doing in the mode for friends, so that others can join). We really like the fashion frame and of course we want to get this ephemera. For 3 days we saw 3 rare boxes and each of them gave us a scene with a fountain. Is this a joke?😐
1) We must monitor the ship, which arrives for half an hour, every 3 hours
2) The RNG should give us a rare box in the location
3) The RNG should give us an ephemera in the box, not a capture, etc.

Some of course will think that we are crazy, but we really like to hunt for such things. We collected all the ephemera from Lichs and it was fun. There were more fair chances and did not limit us in time.But right now it's just a mockery, and not more fun. Well, if the ephemera was bad, but it looks great and can be worn on many warframes.

It looks like we didn’t “deserve it”

Edited by Project.Phantom

On 2019-12-20 at 10:24 AM, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Yet another cool looking Ephemera locked behind bullS#&$ blind Fin luck, no skill required. You actually have a better chance of seeing a dinosaur riding a unicycle playing the violin on a snow-covered beach in the middle of summer than to ever acquire this ephemera, it might as well not exist.

I mean no point in wasting Dev time on any of these if only less than 1% of the lucky player base can actually enjoy them.

That said there are a few that can actually be earned. However only a vary limited few. 

Because of this can we atleast make all the ephemera blue prints that are RNG luck acquired,  trade able? I mean they still need resources to build the thing. 

tenor.gif

Guess what I've been doing for 3-4 days now!

FARMING THIS STUPID THING:

np89hdh36x541.jpg?width=2427&height=1366

Please Digital Extremes make rare crates 100% drop in sentient ship but leave your rng for the Ephemera.

Edited by Midas

3 hours ago, Midas said:

Please Digital Extremes make rare crates 100% drop in sentient ship but leave your rng for the Ephemera.

Or just put it behind an actually challenging fight or endurance?

Blazing step - reach zone 16 or 20 - bam done.

This one, add a new enemy or something (I don't know, can't even do railjack due to bad internet, so no groups for me).

RNG behind cosmetics is one of the worst things you can do in a grinding game, and those who think it's okay don't value their time, or don't know the damage this causes on players.

If players play this game mode for the sole purpose of chasing this item, when they finally get it  they don't want anything to do with that game mode. Because by the time they get it, it isn't FUN.  After 116 kills on Exploiter orb, I'm never touching her again, even though I never got the frost one I got the shocking, good enough for me. Took 14 months, daily, sometimes multiple per day, before I finally got my khora blueprint. So when it came time to get the 'blazing step' I didn't even bother, was long sick of SO by then. 

If they want players to waste a bunch of time getting something, then just make it a possible endurance run. Like John Prodman and his poster, give an enemy a 100% chance of spawning after a certain amount of time, or give the item as a guaranteed reward after a certain amount of time. There ya go. If players aren't playing your new game mode months after it's created, it's typically one of two things (especially regarding DE and their "game design"), it's either lacking in rewards or lacking in fun. Sometimes both (salvage, defection, assault). 

DE refuses to acknowledge this though, I wonder if they're even going to address any of these things or just keep on with their blinders on.

• Like 2

They really need to make the Ephemeras tradeable. We're going to get a lot of players fed up and sick of playing if all they get is a practically impossible rng attempt to get this stuff. Please DE, just make them tradeable, put on a million cred tax if you want, just make them tradeable.

On 2019-12-23 at 1:42 AM, Tinklzs said:

Or just put it behind an actually challenging fight or endurance?

^this

It needs to be done with WAY more content in the game. Those of us with really fleshed out weapons and mods and frames and all of it would murder for a real challenge in this game. We don't want to just be blessed by the dice roll - we want to EARN our rewards.

It's this mindset that the devs have that everything good must be a rare drop of pure luck that is holding back the possibilities for actual challenging content.

I'm mostly fine with this, at least in theory.

1 - It's optional cosmetics, they have no gameplay impact (unlike a 2% drop rate reactor that's needed for max avionics capacity).

2 - You can only have one equipped at a time. Even if you do get all of them , you'll only wear the coolest looking 2-3 ones anyway.

3 - Once you have one that looks great (like the nightwave season 2 one), it kinda makes most of the newer ones meh and unimportant. Like, i watch the video, i'm like "woudn't mind getting this" , but it's not "omgwtfbbq I must spend the next five weeks running the same mission over and over so I might get a small shadowy vfx that's slightly better looking that the one I have already".

Should they buff their drop rate - Absolutely... That said this game needs some hard to get rewards for veterans that have everything else, and I would rather have that be ephemeras than be gameplay stuff like the high capacity reactors for railjack !

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

3 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

^this

It needs to be done with WAY more content in the game. Those of us with really fleshed out weapons and mods and frames and all of it would murder for a real challenge in this game. We don't want to just be blessed by the dice roll - we want to EARN our rewards.

It's this mindset that the devs have that everything good must be a rare drop of pure luck that is holding back the possibilities for actual challenging content.

Agree, reminds me of the John Prodman poster... Pretty much the only reward I can think of in this game that requires spending a long time in a tough activity with a coordinated team.