Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Embolist

LorKeeper

I just made the Embolist and think it need to be fixed

100 Accuracy I could not hit targets with accuracy even if they where 2 steps away from me.

I try to explode a barrel and it didn't work even if I was up close.

The range on the gun is also very small I don't know if it was meant to be this way.

The Embolist seems to be a very powerful situational weapon. I would keep it as it is for a utility weapon, great damage and crit rate and with volt it is pure insanity. It really does not need a range buff because the range is the only balancing factor. Grab a long range pistol and start running at em!

I just finished this today and it's short range really makes it useless for me. If I need to get that close to an enemy, I'm more likely to use melee rather than a sidearm. Maybe it'll present other uses when I slap some mods on it, but my initial reaction is that this the range really kills the potential of this weapon.

I just finished this today and it's short range really makes it useless for me. If I need to get that close to an enemy, I'm more likely to use melee rather than a sidearm. Maybe it'll present other uses when I slap some mods on it, but my initial reaction is that this the range really kills the potential of this weapon.

I agree with you!

The Embolist seems to be a very powerful situational weapon. I would keep it as it is for a utility weapon, great damage and crit rate and with volt it is pure insanity. It really does not need a range buff because the range is the only balancing factor. Grab a long range pistol and start running at em!

You must be talking about Synapse the rifle, we are talking about the infested pistal. 

i wanted to do a Lanka + Embolist + Glaive to see how its works but i dont have the embolist..

I really don't get the complaints about the range. It's long enough that you can hit a heavy Grineer from outside his/her slam range.

I don't know what weapons you're using, but unless it's Galatine with maxed reach, that's not even close to melee.

I take it along with my Ignis when I need to so Infested survival. Ignis doesn't seem to do more than annoy the Ancients, but the Embolist seems to take care of them nicely. With Heated charge, the fire damage keeps them distracted enough that they don't slap me even at the close range it needs.

I take it along with my Ignis when I need to so Infested survival. Ignis doesn't seem to do more than annoy the Ancients, but the Embolist seems to take care of them nicely. With Heated charge, the fire damage keeps them distracted enough that they don't slap me even at the close range it needs.

If you're running with a heavy weapon, do a ground slam to ragdoll an ancient and use the ignis. 

If you're running with a heavy weapon, do a ground slam to ragdoll an ancient and use the ignis. 

oh yeah, I remember that the Ignis was supposed to damage all body parts on ragdolled enemies currently. Any idea if the Embolist can do the same?

100 Accuracy I could not hit targets with accuracy even if they where 2 steps away from me.

I try to explode a barrel and it didn't work even if I was up close.

The accuracy of all weapons is S#&$e point blank and bears no resemblance to the reticule.

oh yeah, I remember that the Ignis was supposed to damage all body parts on ragdolled enemies currently. Any idea if the Embolist can do the same?

Yes its use the same ignis mechanic.

not only the range but the ammoconsumption is also a no-no..... you really have to put in ammo mutation mod and you need a carrier at your side...

The Dps is insane taking is a Small AoE gun + Pistols mods + ragdoll.

Edited by Dasmir

This is currently my favorite weapon in the game. Acrid outdamages it against single opponents, but I prefer this weapon for the AoE.

Melee weapons in general don't remain very useful in late-game. The Embolist completely eclipses every melee weapon simply because it has much much higher DPS, no charge time, and better AoE than any melee weapon. Plus, pistol mods. Its make-out distance range and the bug regarding its fire rate is really the only thing preventing this weapon from being overpowered.

This is currently my favorite weapon in the game. Acrid outdamages it against single opponents, but I prefer this weapon for the AoE.

Melee weapons in general don't remain very useful in late-game. The Embolist completely eclipses every melee weapon simply because it has much much higher DPS, no charge time, and better AoE than any melee weapon. Plus, pistol mods. Its make-out distance range and the bug regarding its fire rate is really the only thing preventing this weapon from being overpowered.

I've mastered it now and I still feel that it comes up short in tower 3 events and other high level areas. I'd rather have a solid DPS melee weapon like Galatine or the Gremlins to back me up than this. I really don't think this was worth the resources to be honest.

Edited by Hap-muhr

I've mastered it now and I still feel that it comes up short in tower 3 events and other high level areas. I'd rather have a solid DPS melee weapon like Galatine or the Gremlins to back me up than this. I really don't think this was worth the resources to be honest.

I feel the short coming too, but we can't ignore the AOE effect of it: if you make it strong enough to melt one heavy with 10 bullets, it's strong enough to melt as much heavies as can fit in the AOE with only 10 bullets.

Granted, it's unlikely to see so many units close together, but it do occurs. Worst come to worst, Mag and Vortex can help with that. 

I feel the short coming too, but we can't ignore the AOE effect of it: if you make it strong enough to melt one heavy with 10 bullets, it's strong enough to melt as much heavies as can fit in the AOE with only 10 bullets.

Granted, it's unlikely to see so many units close together, but it do occurs. Worst come to worst, Mag and Vortex can help with that. 

Yes and you can still do the same amount of damage with a swing of Galatine which takes less time and exposes you to less danger. Plus it's a sword, it never runs out of ammo.

Yes and you can still do the same amount of damage with a swing of Galatine which takes less time and exposes you to less danger. Plus it's a sword, it never runs out of ammo.

Not at all. When both are fully modded, the Embolist does slightly more DPS, does not have a charge time, does not have a target limit, has slightly more range (unless you use Reach), and doesn't do reduced damage to subsequent targets. With ice mods, it also applies a slowing effect during the whole duration rather than having to wait for the charge hit like the Galantine does. The ONLY things the Galantine really has over the Embolist, is that it does extra damage to light infected (which rarely matters), and, as you said, never runs out of ammo. The ammo problem is heavily mitigated with pistol ammo mutation, or by just switching to your primary occasionally. Edited by Grilleds