Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's The Next Prime? Awesome, But Is She Ready For It?

Flackenstien

Now, I've never been a fan of fire abilities, but Ember is a cool frame that alot of people would love to see a Prime version of.

But the question is, will they fix her in time for the release?

Currently she basically has 4 of the same power, and I don't think she is ready to be bling'd out in her current state.

Personally, I'd like to see these changes made to Ember:

● Fuse Overheat into World on Fire.

● Give Ember a new [2].

● Add a crowd control aspect to Fire Blast, and allow it to damage enemies within the ring. (It's a fire tornado, so maybe it can have some sort of watered down Vortex-like suction?)

● Rename Fire Blast to something more fitting of a flaming tornado.

● Make Fireball much more user-friendly. It's too hard to hit enemies, either give it the Shuriken treatment OR let Ember throw it in a quick arc rather than a straight slomo projectile.

● Buff the damage of any of her abilities that need it.

Edited by Flackenstien

how about the DE needs to buff the Stats for Prime Series Warframes they are ancestors of the Tenno's...so why share the same stats...as the regulars...its really dumb in my opinion...then will see....

No the weird part is that they share the same skills, prime should ome with diferent  set of skills same stats but diferent skills

ember relies heavily on overheat to enable her to use her short range powers at all. changing that to a "she spams 4 all the time because she's squishier than nova if she doesn't" is.... ugh.

going the opposite direction would be better, since that would be more like "buff overheat's range, give her new 4."

She will be.... oh she will be....

You mean you upped the damage? Or that her powers will be more effective once damage 2.0 hits? Or have you some suprise changes to her abilities comming?

Either way, nice of you to kick in and drop some hints.

Edited by Othergrunty

She will be.... oh she will be....

Ember is fine in her current position. Do not kill her like you killed Rhino because her skill requires something other than your standard "press button for things to die" gameplay style. If people cant figure her out there are plenty of other frames out there to use.

Ember is fine in her current position. Do not kill her like you killed Rhino because her skill requires something other than your standard "press button for things to die" gameplay style. If people cant figure her out there are plenty of other frames out there to use.

Oh, didn't knew it was you for a sec, because you changed your avatar.

Figure her out? We have figured her out! We just wish she had more quality to her skills. Also here entire skills are "press buttons for things to die" which is supposed to fit into the stereotype of an offensive caster. That's one problem some of us have with her current skillset. They are ALL just that.

Also Rhino came out well enough after they dumbed him down for some time.

Edited by Othergrunty

Since Mag Prime came out right after a balance patch that made her one of the better frames in the game (she is now easily mid-high tier, thanks to Pull and Shield Polarization upgrades), I am hoping they would do the same with Ember and fix her skills a bit more than the last patch.

I'd rather Ash Prime or Rhino Prime...

If i got it right from the livestream (13 or 14) they wanted to balance out the number of female to male prime frames and they decided to pick from the oldest female frames, which apperently were Ember and Mag. They then decided to go for Mag because they felt she offered more to "prime" potential. So for them to now go for an Ember Prime makes sense, since they still had concept ideas from the previous decession.

Though i guess the two male frames with the highest chance to get a Prime version after her, would be Rhino or Loki seeing how they are together with Mag and Excal the poster characters of this game.

Edited by Othergrunty

Rhino is fine.

In my experience, I would much rather have his Roar over the old Iron Skin, as it actually is not a selfish ability.

If they make changes to Ember, they will probably end up fine as well, even if it takes a few patches.

Oh, didn't knew it was you for a sec, because you changed your avatar.

Figure her out? We have figured her out! We just wish she had more quality to her skills. Also here entire skills are "press buttons for things to die" which is supposed to fit into the stereotype of an offensive caster. That's one problem some of us have with her current skillset. They are ALL just that.

Also Rhino came out well enough after they dumbed him down for some time.

No you have not tried to work with the skillset, what you have tried to do is work with one specific skill then ignored the rest then throw up your hands when that skill changes. This is why i mentioned Rhino, he was the CC king but people just used one ability and when that ability changed he became "useless." He is fine where he is now but his role was destroyed because people just wanted to use one ability. Most frames skillset revolve around 1 small attack then two mobility/support/survival then an AOE.

Excalibur.

SnD-small damage

Radial Blind- cc

Jump - mobility

RJ-aoe

Ash

Shuriken-small damage

Smoke Screen- CC

Tele- mobility

BS- AOE damage

Banshe

SB- small damage/cc

Silence-support

Sonar- support

SQ- Aoe/cc

Volt

Shock-small damage/cc

Speed- support

Shield-support

Overload- aoe

Saryn

Venom- small damage

molt- survival

Contagon- support

Miasma- aoe.

Etc, etc.

The few original frames that had more of a theme going ALL get attack for that, why? Cause people just dont care to apply all the powers, people just focus on one and ignore the rest. Look at all Loki feedback, all of his feedback is to change everything but invis. There are people actually bringing Loki into defense mission without decoy .....seriously.... people that play a frame just for one ability should not be heard ever for feedback. Rhino who had a CC theme ended up loosing it because people just wanted to use Iron Skin. I dont want to see that with Ember, i dont want her to get the standard setup i mention here which i dont know how people dont find boring at this point.