The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for watching Devstream #135!

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, IronHair said:

Ah.
Saw someone say F Amesha in twitch post stream chat, thought there was a ne ... some changes incoming.
Good to know nothing of the sort is planned 🙂

amesha will get nerfed just not this year

@[DE]Rebecca You replied to some people in chat about Valkyr rework.

DON'T YOU DARE REWORKING HER. She is perfect. If you break her, i will be heartbroken to the point of leaving warframe. Every single whiner, who asks about reworks, just does not know how to use her.

But if you really must rework her, here is my input as a player with 36% of my 3.3k hours spent using this frame.

1) Don't touch this one. It is her most used ability by me. Only possible improvement for her 1 would be to make tapping always snap to terrain, ignoring enemies, and holding it to target the enemies. If you are feeling generous, let her drag multiple opponents on holding the button.

2) suffers from the fact that duration is the dump stat for valkyr, otherwise it is good. I suggest changing it to continuous type.

3) is not used, feel free to change in any way you want.

4) is perfect, don't touch.

56 minutes ago, IronHair said:

Missed it, but going to catch the recap now.

• team says sorry they rushed rail jack, hints of crunch
  • doubling end of mission resources
  • RNG and balance is on their minds....
  • archwing nerfs, reworks and modular archwings on the way, amesha used 60% of the time
  • rebecca gets carried in rail jack for 3.5/4ths of the entire dev stream where she tickles the grineer with her synapse
  • skins are talked about, new valkyr deluxe mentioned

I'd skip this one

7 hours ago, Silver-Priest said:

DON'T YOU DARE REWORKING HER. She is perfect. If you break her, i will be heartbroken to the point of leaving warframe. Every single whiner, who asks about reworks, just does not know how to use her.

But if you really must rework her, here is my input as a player with 36% of my 3.3k hours spent using this frame.

1) Don't touch this one. It is her most used ability by me. Only possible improvement for her 1 would be to make tapping always snap to terrain, ignoring enemies, and holding it to target the enemies. If you are feeling generous, let her drag multiple opponents on holding the button.

2) suffers from the fact that duration is the dump stat for valkyr, otherwise it is good. I suggest changing it to continuous type.

I'm in the same boat as the person quoted - With almost 4k hours in-mission time with 46,1% of Valkyr Prime usage, and somewhere around 39,6% with regular one, Valkyr is essentially the only Warframe I play and changing her too much might really break the game for me. Don't judge, haha. 😛 

In terms of changes, Warcry is perfect and my to-go, staple ability with Valkyr. But, that said - I think it'd be neat if the Warcry enemy slow-debuff wasn't just upon casting, but like, the area of range, as you move. That way, Valkyr could gain some small crowd-control capability. It might need some balancing to not be over the top, but it'd be an interesting thing to play with.

Paralysis seems to be rather lackluster ability. Wouldn't mind replacing it with something entirely different to add some synergy to Valkyr's kit.

Hysteria - Ehh... not using this much personally. I used to utilize it as quick self-heals, but with Operator's arcanes, I rarely ever need to do that anymore.

Can we please stop nerfing all the good archwings? 

When archwing was only useful in the plains, the best movement archwing was popular, so it got nerfed. Now that archwing is part of heavily team-based railjack, the support archwing is popular, so a nerf is coming. 

Maybe just let archwings be good, but give all of them different situations to shine in? 

3 hours ago, Silver-Priest said:

Why do people want a Valkyr rework when there's other frames that actually need one. Valkyr can be used everywhere and she does well

3 hours ago, kuryux said:

Is there a recap somewhere? Couldnt find it here nor in reddit

See below.

7 hours ago, FoxyKabam said:
  • team says sorry they rushed rail jack, hints of crunch
  • doubling end of mission resources
  • RNG and balance is on their minds....
  • archwing nerfs, reworks and modular archwings on the way, amesha used 60% of the time
  • rebecca gets carried in rail jack for 3.5/4ths of the entire dev stream where she tickles the grineer with her synapse
  • skins are talked about, new valkyr deluxe mentioned

Also, possible rework of Valkyr.

Archived