Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.8

[DE]Megan

RJ Issue: The Particle Ram is completely black and not opaque at all. Blocks gunner view entirely.

Description: Gunners cannot see anything. I've heard other gunners complain about this too.

UlogNOg.png

Suggestion: Make the Particle Ram more transparent. Even when it's not bugged, it's quite hard to target enemies when it's active.

EDIT: This bug appears even with out the ram according to some players.

2 hours ago, Titan0429 said:

the fix-Crewship projectiles no longer seek after Archwings! They’ll still attempt to fire at you but they will no longer seek and one-hit-KO your Archwing.  It is still doing it . Nothing like coming out of railjack and instantly dying

As I learned from my runs the projectiles definitely are not seeking your archwing anymore. They still come like a wall at you, so you are instantly dead if you didn't roll far to the side ASAP.

The problem is exiting from some interior (railjack/crewship) that currently holds attacking crewship's aggro. During screen fade you spawn without invulnerability at the bombarded surface, directly inside an insane AoE. And that's fatal and particularly disappointing, as you can do nothing about it: you fade in to your warframe already dead. The current solution seems to leave your railjack out of crewship's range. And when you take aggro on another crewship, after sabotaging it use teleport and make your way back to attacking ship from railjack, instead of going to exterior of sabotaged crewship directly.

1 hour ago, Bulllets said:

RJ Issue: The Particle Ram is completely black and not opaque at all. Blocks gunner view entirely.

Description: Gunners cannot see anything. I've heard other gunners complain about this too.

Suggestion: Make the Particle Ram more transparent. Even when it's not bugged, it's quite hard to target enemies when it's active.

Saw exactly same picture without using particle ram. More of it: the same blackness with uneven edge is seen out of turbine/ship killer exits. I guess it's some problem with rendering portal texture, through which exterior is projected into interior. Probably some viewing frustum gets wrong coordinates and misses all it should capture. Sometimes it blinks back to normal if you change your viewing angle of portal.

So it might be connected to particle ram, but also might be a more general problem with interior viewing angle to exterior virtual camera conversion.

2 hours ago, Bulllets said:

UlogNOg.png

I get that on ships that do not have a ram running, how I fix it is get off the gun and get back on the gun that fixes the problem.

Also DE keybind button for ship repair tool please so we can have it on gear wheel permanently, while your at it, you give us a bigger gear wheel but not more keybind spots for if we go over 12.

Thanks for your dedication to trying to fix bugs that popup.

On 2019-12-20 at 8:51 PM, Afterburner_X said:

Hi DE.

I’m here again to talk about the truth. Empyrean wasn’t the success it should be, I think. You can’t deny that, because numbers never lie. The majority of people hate that Mainline. Some people just play Empyrean for the sake of playing Warframe. That has nothing to do with enjoyment at all. Some others really enjoy it and that’s fine. Everyone can have an opinion. For me it’s just not that much understandable, because the update is still so bugged. Your update is also super grindy, but it looks like you finally start to address that. Grind to a proper extent is fine. I wouldn’t play Warframe, if I would hate Grind, but being forced to do the same boring, unrewarding missions 500 times is not enjoyable anymore. Grinding for a game mode that is totally isolated from the core game also doesn’t help it at all. You can’t hide all the problems behind insane Grind. The problem here is also that Empyrean is basically Archwing content. Something not many people enjoyed before and it’s not even that much different now. Except for the fact that there is a Railjack now. Making Arch-Guns projectile based with the projectiles being too slow to kill effectively and not adding auto targeting back to Arch-Melees is also not a help for your big update. The projectiles should be a bit faster at least.

But your game is Free to Play, so it’s okay to give your playerbase such a mess. Some people actually believe that, for whatever reason. A game is living from their players, so they deserve at least decent updates. That doesn’t mean that there are no bugs or flaws allowed. But if you need such a high amount of Hotfixes and most things are still not addressed, that’s not okay. I have the feeling that all what matters is that it your game looks good. Bugs and enjoyment are not really important anymore. I would wish that this could change in the future again.  

It’s also not valid for some people that you point out what is wrong with the game in it’s current state. It’s only allowed to say that Warframe is a very good game, which is actually not wrong at all. But the recent changes and updates are totally going into the wrong direction in my opinion. Some next level of RNG and Grind, that’s not how Warframe should be in the future. Just to force people to use plat. At least that’s what it looks like. It’s super easy to say that everything is right, but it takes some courage to give some critic, so things can become better in the future. Most people choose the easy way without resistance. So it looks like everything is fine, but it’s not. It’s also very easy to just say: “Just leave the game if you don’t like it”. Just to bypass every single argument made by others.

I still wonder… What are the reasons for these rushed and unpolished updates? Is it the playerbase, which constantly wants new content? I highly doubt that. Players have waited for 2 years to get their hands on Railjack and now they finally received it, but only partly and unpolished. Why is that? You also made false promises to your players with your Roadmap 2019, in which quite a lot of things are still not here at the end of 2019. Game development is quite complex and not always easy, but I think that something is really wrong when I look at Empyrean and the actual development time. Maybe you work on too many things at the same time, but I don’t really know. Working a lot on something doesn’t necessarily mean that the working process is effective. The players need to wait quite some time for new updates to even drop and then they need to wait again for weeks, until that content is bugfixed and adjusted to a playable rate. That’s sad. Updates should be enjoyable and playable when they drop and not weeks later. Don’t use your players as an experiment to test your alpha builds please. That’s not fair. The worst is when updates don’t get fixed at all, like Liches. Bad balancing is a big problem, because it will force you to some extent to implement changes later on. Which results in deceiving your loyal players, who played your update since day one, because they needed to invest much more time to get the same results. It’s a devaluation of time.

The truth hurts DE, but the only way that players can get that Warframe back they once loved, is to tell you nothing but the truth. If you feel offended by this, you can delete that post, but just running away will not help your game. People will post tons of suggestions in detail here, I’m 100% sure. They also posted tons of possible fixes already. I’m happy that you started to address some of the problems already, but you could have avoided some of them easily by just testing your update a bit more. I’m nearly 100% sure that you wouldn’t enjoy that first released version of Empyrean yourself, but you still released it like that. Just involve your playerbase more again. It helps nobody if you start hyping your update and tell everybody how great it is, when it has big flaws in reality. Sometimes I have the feeling that you don’t really know the mechanics of your game that well. Resulting in unnecessary nerfs and changes. Sadly many loyal players left Warframe in 2019.

I just wanted to share my feelings, again. All I want for 2020 is a game that I can love again, DE. I still have hopes that you can achieve that. I wish you a merry Christmas.

I couldn't disagree with your sentiment more... of course you have your opinion which you are entitled to and I'm sure many people share, but Steve has always made it clear that Warframe is an experimental game where the Dev's are building the type of game they want to play and hope that the player base share that opinion. I believe they listen to the community more than most development teams and if you watched the last Dev stream you would know that many of the QOL changes that have been suggested by the community have now gone onto their todo list for the new year.

You mention that Empyerean is rushed and buggy.. I agree it was very buggy and this is pretty common for major past warframe patches but the player base was dwindling due to lack of content and the team at DE have clearly been working their butts off to deliver something fresh, many of the team there have been working overtime very close the Christmas holidays to get us something to enjoy over the holidays. They have also worked fast to bring multiple patches to Empyrean very closely after launch (we are already on 7 or so patches?).

The overwhelming majority of people I have played with or spoken with about Empyrean are really enjoying it so I do believe your opinion is the minority and DE are of course going to follow the opinion of the majority.

But I'm not going to tell you to quit or take a break but I will tell you that I doubt the game will head in the direction you want so you can consider your future with the game yourself and make an informed decision.

You may call me a shill but I assure you I'm not.. I quit Warframe for about 8 months due to lack of content before the launch of Emperyean and didn't expect to be rejoining again but here I'am.

Anyway I hope you do manage to find future enjoyment from the game.

But I want to thank DE for the hard work and dedication to the new content. I for one am enjoying it incredibly. 

4 hours ago, Regnighc said:

I couldn't disagree with your sentiment more... of course you have your opinion which you are entitled to and I'm sure many people share, but Steve has always made it clear that Warframe is an experimental game where the Dev's are building the type of game they want to play and hope that the player base share that opinion. I believe they listen to the community more than most development teams and if you watched the last Dev stream you would know that many of the QOL changes that have been suggested by the community have now gone onto their todo list for the new year.

You mention that Empyerean is rushed and buggy.. I agree it was very buggy and this is pretty common for major past warframe patches but the player base was dwindling due to lack of content and the team at DE have clearly been working their butts off to deliver something fresh, many of the team there have been working overtime very close the Christmas holidays to get us something to enjoy over the holidays. They have also worked fast to bring multiple patches to Empyrean very closely after launch (we are already on 7 or so patches?).

The overwhelming majority of people I have played with or spoken with about Empyrean are really enjoying it so I do believe your opinion is the minority and DE are of course going to follow the opinion of the majority.

But I'm not going to tell you to quit or take a break but I will tell you that I doubt the game will head in the direction you want so you can consider your future with the game yourself and make an informed decision.

You may call me a shill but I assure you I'm not.. I quit Warframe for about 8 months due to lack of content before the launch of Emperyean and didn't expect to be rejoining again but here I'am.

Anyway I hope you do manage to find future enjoyment from the game.

But I want to thank DE for the hard work and dedication to the new content. I for one am enjoying it incredibly. 

Stopping for just a moment to breathe, and get out of our own skin to observe the objective reality.

First off, nearly every Railjack thread has 10+ pages of response, despite some patches coming within 24 hours of one another.  That's a heck of a lot of feedback objectively, and subjectively more than half is negative feedback or bugs.  Older updates had bugs, but this is a dumpster fire.  I haven't seen it this bad since Archwing, and even that was OK after the third or fourth patch.  Railjack is still about a 25-75 split between missions that aren't bugged and those that are.  

Second, just because you like it doesn't mean that the mechanics are broken.  This is a layered RNG grind with systems that are at best poorly visually defined.  One example is that I was piloting a Railjack the other day and had no idea what its abilities were.  NO names popped up, the badge didn't look like anything which clearly defined its function, and there was nothing to indicate a name for the power.  Another is that I bugged out while flying and got my Opticor instead of an archgun.  I can now 100% confirm that the Opticor shreds fighters better than any other weapon I have access to, but I cannot equip it in space....because.

Third, Vacuum.  I will never stop saying this, but everyone who wants to pretend DE listens to players that's all I have to cite.  It took years to get all sentinels to have vacuum, not have it nerfed, and eventually to get an equivalent for organic pets (fetch).  I could spend pages listing where the developers knew better than the players, until community feedback was finally acknowledged and those systems have remained unchanged since.  

Fourth, DE is a company.  They provide a product.  While the delivery method is free to play, they still need us spending money.  They are changing the structure of monetization, to make grinding out content effectively be a handicap at the word go.  Old Blood came with a relic pack for about 900 platinum.  Railjack launched with multiple packs of avionics, ship skins, and an invisible new slot system for ship components.  If this were any other publisher people would call it greed.  I don't believe that DE gets a pass.

Fifth, you live in the hole you dig for yourself.  DE has been chasing gaming trends for years, and the industry moves rather quickly.  A looter shooter was novel.  Archwings were billed as an entirely new way to play the game.  The Second Dream wrote a huge twist into the system.  The Plains made the game an open world.  Now, answer me where people spend most of their time.  Yep, standard levels and match making.  If you were to describe Warframe toady as "be a space ninja" it'd be functionally incorrect.  DE stopped being about space ninjas when Archwing was announced, and the lack of core focus is what has produced something like Railjack.  "It's cool on paper" isn't an endorsement for being good, and it definitely isn't an endorsement for a new game mode that is anything but tacked on.

I could continue, but I feel like that's enough.

Railjack is less than half baked.  Its progression is not so much a curve as a series of sheer cliffs masquerading as a game mode.  The economy is fundamentally wrong, after the seven updates that have been cited that's a marker for something that was not ready.  Moreover, the systems are so fundamentally unbalanced that even DE gets it after a week.  If 80% of the player base does something, they see that as a failure.  I hope that the result is not an Amesha nerf....because then there won't be a single worthwhile archwing choice.  After all of that, I can only offer that thanking DE for one last opportunity to spend money and buy power in the game is not something I'm willing to do. 

If DE takes offense I'd suggest that they start playing their game mode without any developer cheats.  9 days to research everything. 10-20 runs to get the resources for one component; each level upgrade has 3 core components, 3 heavy weapons, and 5 regular weapons.  Now, while you're flying about you discover wreckage.  Wreckage might be garbage or amazing.  Let's say you're lucky and get a MK 1 Lavan engine with a base speed of +27.9 KM/H.  You will only get something truly better with a MK 3 sigma engine, or MK 2+ wreckage with a huge investment of rare resources.  Guess I'm waiting on the engines until MK 3 wreckage.  The real question though is combat.  How does it feel in combat...well, garbage.  You notice zero difference to the speed, but once you get the intrinsic to unlock boosting it really only matters when you overheat.  What about the guns?  Same thing.  They're largely incapable of damage until high mark and with a huge intrinsic investment.  How do we get these things, grind missions and get smacked around because that's just what it is.  Alternatively, spend money.  Spend money on the avionics pack.  Spend money on a repair drone.  Spend money on Dirac to upgrade the slots so you can go from a paper Railjack to something that actually can take a couple of hits.  This isn't rewarding grind with power, it's punishment for anyone who dares do this right now or without paying.

Let's also touch on the resources.  You can scrap components to get the resources back.  The rate seems to be fractional though.  As in a 3000 cubic diode resource gave me back 1000.  Guess the "benefits" of that construction were worth half the cost.  On an item I had for about five days before the improved one could be instantly fabricated and keeping the old one was stupid.  This is a complete avoidance of resource costs, but the economy is a much larger discussion.  Surprise, any intermediate components are worthless. 

"But it's fun when you play it with friends."  This is the Bethesda argument; if you don't feel dirty when it comes out of your mouth you need to get a new soul.  Railjack was teased in 2018, and what we get is a game mode that just isn't good unless you play with friends.  There's a reason I'm not playing Fallout 76.  If I wanted to play something that was only good with friends I'd play that game.  Warframe is supposed to be fun solo or as a team, and getting into a team of random people for Railjack can often lead to bad times.  Forced recall is miserable when your pilot just decides that they want you back, especially when about to destroy a reactor.  Yeah, they introduced a new troll.  That's the stank of failure in one sentence.  Potential, yes Railjack has it.  Good, no.  Railjack is all the bad things DE should have learned from other modes.  I can see why you'd argue that the potential is there, but it's not good now.

Hello DE..

Thanks for rushing to release railjack. However, I seem to get stuck on the floor or on walls almost every other mission especially when I teleport of use the slingshot into crewships. Even /unstuck does not work and we will remain like this for the duration of the mission. Would be good if your team can test the game thoroughly before releasing since every hotfix seems to be worse than the previous. Haha.. Here is a picture of what I mean

2g0XlIJ.jpg

Crewships not 1 shotting you is a lie. Currently the only safest way to board a crewship is to use the slingshot and board, then use teleport and repeat. Even with ameshas 1, if you are low on charges there is a chance the crewship can kill you before you can even recast the ability. Half the time I die to crewships is simply because there is a lack of warning you are being shot at bu the crewship or that it's even there.

4 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

What about the guns?  Same thing.  They're largely incapable of damage until high mark and with a huge intrinsic investment.  How do we get these things, grind missions and get smacked around because that's just what it is.  Alternatively, spend money.  Spend money on the avionics pack.  Spend money on a repair drone.  Spend money on Dirac to upgrade the slots so you can go from a paper Railjack to something that actually can take a couple of hits.  This isn't rewarding grind with power, it's punishment for anyone who dares do this right now or without paying.

Wait what? I didn't spent a single dolar on this update and got plenty of dirac, avionics, upgrades for the ship and resources with easy and not grinding like a maniac, completed all the nodes without much troubles (but I do agree it's pretty bugged, but not unplayable), got 3 shedu parts on a few runs and I like the content too. I hate the bugs but I think POE was way more bugged than this (and also grindy as hell, like fortuna). Every update it's the same thing with the grind, read the threads about the leeches and Old Blood in general, but people forgot apparently 🙄. I think is better for everyone just reporting things and giving feedback and complaining about more important and game breaking stuff rather complainings about just playing the game (and the mode) at all, because spending money is just for people who don't play at all apparently. Also, why someone would keep and old upgrade? Just dismantle it and you don't have to spend money on more slots (if that exist, idk)

Here to add the obligatory "RNG rolls are bad" comment. 

I actually don't mind some RNG, but I shouldn't have to run 10-20 Veil Proxima Missions to farm an item with a 2% mission completion reward chance, only to have it be completely dwarfed by the Sigma MkIII. At the very least please make it so that the Vidar Reactor (all House Reactors preferably) outperform the Sigma. 

At least make it so that the lowest value that can be rolled is higher than the tier before's max or something.

https://imgur.com/eU2tYB4 - It's not letting me insert from the link so.

4 hours ago, Xazur said:

Crewships not 1 shotting you is a lie. Currently the only safest way to board a crewship is to use the slingshot and board, then use teleport and repeat. Even with ameshas 1, if you are low on charges there is a chance the crewship can kill you before you can even recast the ability. Half the time I die to crewships is simply because there is a lack of warning you are being shot at bu the crewship or that it's even there.

(I'm not being a tool with this advice) ProTip: Hit your number 1 skill keep it up at all times.
Once you're getting closer to the danger zone (crewships or any massive fight) hit number 4 skill, bam you can't die your HP bar should go grey for a time, board crew ship blow it up rinse and repeat.

damn now I've told you this DE will find a way to nerf it. 😞

2 hours ago, xHeretic said:

Wait what? I didn't spent a single dolar on this update and got plenty of dirac, avionics, upgrades for the ship and resources with easy and not grinding like a maniac, completed all the nodes without much troubles (but I do agree it's pretty bugged, but not unplayable), got 3 shedu parts on a few runs and I like the content too. I hate the bugs but I think POE was way more bugged than this (and also grindy as hell, like fortuna). Every update it's the same thing with the grind, read the threads about the leeches and Old Blood in general, but people forgot apparently 🙄. I think is better for everyone just reporting things and giving feedback and complaining about more important and game breaking stuff rather complainings about just playing the game (and the mode) at all, because spending money is just for people who don't play at all apparently. Also, why someone would keep and old upgrade? Just dismantle it and you don't have to spend money on more slots (if that exist, idk)

How are bad decisions made?  People stop calling them out, and only focus on the worst parts of the latest bad decision.  Let's review.

Right now finding a public group for Grendel grind is functionally impossible.  Finding a public group to grind for Harrow is difficult.  Finding a public group to grind for Nidus is impossible.  What about Hildryn?  Yep, that's a mess to try and get a group on.  What do all of these things have in common?  All of them offer one primary reward and thus no reason to return to once that one thing is earned.

Let's look at Railjack with the same eye.  Pennant, Quellor, Shedu, Umbra Forma.  The only item worth grinding for after getting a single one is the Umbra Forma.  That's a very rare drop, so we've got another mission like ESO/SO that rewards once about every 20 minutes and at a vanishingly low percentage.  I'm looking at this and seeing hundreds of rewards that benefit Railjack, but only those four that have any influence outside the self-contained game mode.

Let's then tackle bugginess.  PoE was the very first open world.  People with the lowest end specifications and poor internet couldn't get on, to this day still have problems, and the only benefit is that because there's way less sever demand access is now easier (read: content grind and no reason to come back).  I personally still see bugs, but at the same time I'm still capable of bugging out tile sets that are years old, and falling off the map.  With DE you never get a good release, you get an 85% and follow it up with whatever new shiny they're chasing.  This is why the summer content drought exists, why Railjack and Old Blood were pushed out, and why Fortuna still isn't done to what was originally promised.  None of this is an excuse, but if you're expecting DE to release something feature complete you're sorely mistaken.  

With the above being said, why do I think that Railjack is the worst thing released to date?  Let's count off the reasons:

1. The obvious bugs.  Namely infinite loading screens, disconnect issues, rewards being lost, black screens, and bases not loading visually in the missions.  Yes, I have yet to actually visually see an asteroid base that the commanders are on, I fly at the map marker and collide with an invisible surface to know I'm there.
  2. Visual gook.  I don't know what to say here, but if you're in a frame the powers list is easy to look up.  The buttons are secured.  If I want Molecular Prime it's 4, and if I want Soul Punch it's 1.  Because the powers to a Railjack are random drop locked, and can be placed in any order, if I'm the pilot there's a chance I will be able to access a power that I literally don't know what it does.  Why?  All I get is a visual indicator in the UI that has no name.  I have to either leave the game and search the forum, or grind my face off to get the appropriate avionic drop so I can read about it outside of combat.
  3. Avionics suck.  There's a lot to unpack here, so let me focus on how they're a confusing mess.  You get a drop in a mission.  That's relatively easy to understand, or is it?  The drop says Bulkhead, so after the mission you go to the upgrade screen.  You've now got 4 different Bulkhead mods.  None are levelled, but they all have a different number of open squares.  You equip the one with the biggest value, which happens to have the smallest number of squares.  Great, what about the other three?  Well, you can't tell anything but the cost to level, from an entirely different screen.  So you level them up, blowing through Dirac.  The one with the highest value turns out to be the one with the second most squares?  What?  Fine, I'll equip it.  But wait, I can level the slot.  200-600-1800.  That's a steep increase, but I can grind that.  Now the mod is at its full capacity, until you play another mission and get a fifth version with an even lower start but more empty squares.  What the heck do I invest in?  Repeat for all the random drops, powers, and utilities, and you've got a huge avionics war chest and no clear A<B<C progression.  What?
  4. Components suck.  The problem here is that the houses are poorly defined and since it's RNG you're just hoping for a god roll on an RNG roll drop mission reward.  Let's just drop the pretenses here.  First off, lock the different houses, any Vidar Engine MK2 has the same base stats.  Now, let's put that Dirac to use.  MK2 default < MK1 maxed, and ditto with the MK3.  The idea here is that you invest in a MK1 or MK2 there will be a time where replacing it is actually detrimental.  The goal here is to introduce a grind for Dirac, without a punishment, and with each house having different peak stats.  In practice, my MK2 engine could be better than a MK3 in stats where the peak for the MK3 are insanely higher.  Investment, and grind with Dirac RNG drop, replace a completely arbitrary RNG drop.  That's an easy fix, and it's more in-line with the current mod system.
  5.   What about the structure of the game mode itself?  Well, there's a level to the enemies and crafts.  That's great...until you realize all the enemies are especially spongey on the crafts.  There's also a discrepancy between your level in archwing and the fighters you presumably can go against.  Yep, there's a reason that Amesha is the only archwing usable.  Not to mention that certain powers (invisibility) don't work, the release version basically made going out in an archwing suicide, the unlock for the cannon isn't until several intrinsics in, oh and the animations take so long without invincibility that I've regularly died before I could even move away from the ship.  Nope, the structure is basically a minefield of garbage.

I could continue, but let's be real here.  The DE hasn't learned their lessons after nearly six years.  Powers locked behind RNG drop was how the old warframe worked.  Yes, imagine getting a Loki from the start and not being able to go invisible until you got the mod dropped for you.  Now imagine that to get higher levels you'd need to get just a ton of those drops and merge them.  That's how avionics work, with the added crap of RNG houses and levels.  The only upside is that instead of fusion cores and merging you've got Dirac.  

I look forward to the one or two things you'll point out above to try and negate an otherwise coherent argument.  My choices would be the statement that it was the first open world and that I just don't understand components and avionics.  My counter is that DE was incapable of determining server loads, hence the open worlds running like garbage because of the massive influx of players.  They bit off more than they could chew, but a large section of the problems came from people playing the game on hardware that was...under classed.  As in this game actually had to transition out of supporting Windows XP.  Railjack did no such thing, and is still a mess after 18+ months in development (only going off of the demonstration at Tennocon 2018, so this may be a lot longer).  Likewise, I get the RNG attempt here with avionics and components.  Introduce random drops, and you'll always get a subset of players grinding their faces off to get that extra 1%.  The trick here is that after the Lich system, it's pretty obvious what this is.  Call me old fashioned, but I'm going to need drinks and a nice meal if you're about to try and take that much money from me; specifically, those packs seem to contain the best avionics and the 50 platinum charge for an instant repair modules is actually valuing my life more than the grind for 15,000 titanium ever would.   Scratch that, 15,000*11 = 165,000 titanium.  That's 3 components, 5 weapons, and 3 heavy weapons.  That's basically all you have slots for by default, so don't consider keeping multiple weapons unless you want to spend platinum on slots.

Boy, I guess that's enough.  Thought I could be more brief, but there's a lot of anger that this was pushed out.  I'd have preferred the Lich system be fixed instead of Railjack being pushed out personally, but given the cash shop items I'd suggest that DE's priorities are clear.

Intrinsics and affinity obtained.
I noticed that you only level up (get point), if it is you who does some activity, such as repairing a ship, destroying an enemy ship, obviously using Railjack weapons or doing all kinds of things inside the Railjack.
My point is that the number of people who only stays to repair the ship has increased and does nothing more than that, it does not help with destroying other ships or with the ships where you need to enter and destroy its reactor or murder missions.
I think that the fact "Limit" the affinity to activities that only you do is too bad
What happens to those who leave the Railjack to do the murder mission or help from outside? They practically do not receive an affinity point to complete the Intrinsics level and get an additional point.
The solution to this is that both outside and inside, EVERYTHING that players do, be repairing, destroying ships, killing main enemies, or enemy ships in arch mode or killing enemies that have gotten into the Railjack, is shared.
It is not fair that one who gets to do more things in the mission just gets 4 Intrinsics points, and those who spend fixing the ship get 16-20 points, is something really unfair.

It is practically the same with the players who put their Host, in open worlds like Venus or Earth, so that the other players do the mission while they fish, or level up their K-drive. For cases like that you should block the reward for players who do not contribute to the mission

In the case of Railjack, each player is important or vital (it is also obvious that you can play alone, but the goal is to go in a group), so why limit the Intrinsics by activities that a player does, blocking the chance to win from another why did one do something?

It's like if we stop receiving some kind of affinity from enemies killed by allies.

It is only an unfair and enlightening way to have to repeat the really boring missions 2000 times in order to complete what we need even when we have completed the rest.
The game is free, but Warframe is an excellent game, do not fall like other games of other companies, which OFFER their customers / players too much variance, we lift the HYPE through the clouds and then when the time comes, it is not even 1 / 10 of what they promised.

When they launched the open worlds, it was something too giant, Warframe with an open world? When the amount of missions and details were implemented they were unique and immense, and that they continued adding things (for now not), and then visually improved everything.
The open worlds delivered almost complete

With Railjack you can understand, but if you plan to get half updates, after playing with our feelings, time and platinum (money), NO WAY, you are doing things too badly.

If you are going to throw something, take all the time, but at least do not take something that does not even come close to what they show us.

Sorry for my english

Hey @master_of_destiny, love the well constructed critiques of DE. Pretty spot on, but I feel like you're part of the playerbase that has forgotten that Warframe, in the 6+ years it's been a game (not sure exactly when it started), it has never left Open Beta status. Trust me when I say I'd love to see DE actually release this game, but then they'd have to hold themselves to a higher standard. Like having a mainline release without two bugfix patches in less than a week (let alone six).

tl;dr I don't think it's fair to expect much from a developer that won't call their game "released" after six years.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, JohnnyMeta said:

Intrinsics and affinity obtained.
I noticed that you only level up (get point), if it is you who does some activity, such as repairing a ship, destroying an enemy ship, obviously using Railjack weapons or doing all kinds of things inside the Railjack.
My point is that the number of people who only stays to repair the ship has increased and does nothing more than that, it does not help with destroying other ships or with the ships where you need to enter and destroy its reactor or murder missions.
I think that the fact "Limit" the affinity to activities that only you do is too bad
What happens to those who leave the Railjack to do the murder mission or help from outside? They practically do not receive an affinity point to complete the Intrinsics level and get an additional point.
The solution to this is that both outside and inside, EVERYTHING that players do, be repairing, destroying ships, killing main enemies, or enemy ships in arch mode or killing enemies that have gotten into the Railjack, is shared.
It is not fair that one who gets to do more things in the mission just gets 4 Intrinsics points, and those who spend fixing the ship get 16-20 points, is something really unfair.

/snip

I was wondering why I always got stuff all, I'm outside all the time doing mission objectives and destroying crew ships.

If this is true DE please confirm.

Then all that's going to do is make players stay on railjack and do all the repairing to get more rewards. My Dirac resource and intrinsics have dried up, even doing Veil missions (with a booster around 100 to 300 Dirac)

If I'm wrong then someone will correct me.

1 minute ago, Cyberius_001 said:

Hey @master_of_destiny, love the well constructed critiques of DE. Pretty spot on, but I feel like you're part of the playerbase that has forgotten that Warframe, in the 6+ years it's been a game (not sure exactly when it started), it has never left Open Beta status. Trust me when I say I'd love to see DE actually release this game, but then they'd have to hold themselves to a higher standard. Like having a mainline release without two bugfix patches in less than a week (let alone six).

tl;dr I don't think it's fair to expect much from a developer that won't call their game "released" after six years.

I have not forgotten.  I also make that comment, because it's an artificial line some people hide behind when the next stupid thing happens and DE has to back pedal.

For those that have forgotten; Universal Vacuum, Viver, Abilities as Mods, coin-op style daily revive limits, Kubrow skins as a slot machine, volunteer forum moderation, founder account deletion, outright lying about forma bp drop rates (way old cut on that one), ignoring design council feedback, etc...  All of these are things DE has had a hand in, that blew up in their faces despite being "OK" to either have in their game or to run through it.  If anyone has a heart to say DE knows what they are doing and our feedback is not needed....they've got a rather large amount of chutzpah.

Allow me to theorize.  If a game is released it's expected to be in working order.  Countries which have strong consumer protection can therefore force a return of monetary expenditure if a consumer can demonstrate that the product delivered is defective or incomplete as advertised.  See: Fallout 76 in Australia.  By never being a final product you no longer have to be good.  You get to have your cake and eat it, with the even jucier bit being that PC players will allow you to bug fix and experiment so that the higher bar of basic review on consoles can be completed.  

Now, let's talk competition and similar games for just a minute.  WoW and GW2 both share MMO aspects with Warframe.  They are extended projects.  Whenever they release they have items at the 85% complete status.  They then add and refine until they get to the 95-100% status.  Believe it or not, that's what I want from DE.  Unfortunately, we're at the 55% with Railjack and 60% with the Lich system.  Conversely, the Disruption game mode released at about 80%.  The last touches with Disruption were added by changing the item drop tables, and the game mode is now good. 

I'm angry that DE decided to make their promise of release in 2019 by pushing out a mode that would be insulting to a Unity store asset flip.  I'm angrier that both of the last two patches are this mess.  I'm disappointed that the transparent motivation is to sell us more crap by the end of the year.  I just wish they weren't so transparent about the motivations, and that the Game Awards wasn't used as the artificial deadline to release something so very lackluster.  This is a Bethesda level promises being in a different region than the reality...I just wanted more from DE, but it seems like they're just going to be the next Bethesda/EA.  Huge promises, late delivery, a partial product, hiding behind future updates, and all of this hinges on us spending money on the promise that we'll get it "someday."  This is all assuming that the money is paid, because if a goal is not met it'll just never get delivered. 

Wake me in two years when the Lich system doesn't value our time less than minimum wage and the Railjack game mode either allows for single play to grind or the resource demands aren't silly.  Better yet, wake me when basic ship functions are unlocked by default and the intrinsics buy us either unique powers (read: focus unlocking blasts and allowing for different effects), or non-trivial performance enhancements.  Until then, 5 intrinsics a mission (a huge guess, but used for the math), at about 20 minutes a mission, means they want 342 hours of grind to max avionics.  I'd agree that by that point resources would not be an issue, but to work weeks worth of grind are not fun.  The proposition is torture.

On 2019-12-20 at 10:10 PM, Springlake said:

I mean, if you actually paid attention to that part of the dev stream Scott was quite clear in saying that every Archwing was going to get a major balance pass, including nerfs, buffs, changes and what nots.

Not limited to but potentially including that the currently Archwings might get broken down and remade into possible "pre-mades" of the new modular system to let people keep them, but making a modular archwing the new standard and base.

i think if amesha gets nerfed then surely on the 4th skill since its almost like godmode. what we could all accept is probably if they make it a damage reduce instead of invulnerability. for the other archwings id love to see a slight increase in armor, hp and shields ( especially for itzal since we are kinda 1 hit when using it in Railhack missions )

lets not forget WHY amesha + Cyngas is the meta. its not because they are "the best choices", but because they are pretty much the ONLY choice. i just tested out both the grattler and the vectus neither could deal enough damage to be worth using. thing is, im not talking about being less optimal here, in the case of the vectus, i was doing a charged shot, and dealing 116 damage to a normal fighter(forgot the name, not that i trully care what it's called). the grattler damage was much better, sure, but hitting enemies was borderline frustrating because the shots felt like they were avoiding the target, i needed to be almost inside enemies to hit them, and even then, the damage was so low, it took 3-4x as much time to kill anything as compared to the cyngas with the same exact mods.

then there's the archwings and yeah, amesha is the only one that is capable of actually surviving long enough to be playable. and oyu end up using their skills just to not die.

then there's the loot, and lets be honest here, we all know why DE went with rng stats. its basically because the game mode has almost no content, so they needed a way to force people to keep playing it artificially.

the results are, AGAIN, a mode that is fun, but ends up incredibly frustating, and hurts the game more than it helps. i have only piloted my RJ once, and it was only to test something, i have no desire to WASTE resources, to make something useless. and at this point, it feels like DE thinks players are some kind of suckers who cant recognize when they are being fed crap.

it pains me to say this, but if anything, this update made me lower how i see them. and i think i will just take a break. again.

Archived