Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.8

[DE]Megan

10 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

How are bad decisions made?  People stop calling them out, and only focus on the worst parts of the latest bad decision.  Let's review.

Right now finding a public group for Grendel grind is functionally impossible.  Finding a public group to grind for Harrow is difficult.  Finding a public group to grind for Nidus is impossible.  What about Hildryn?  Yep, that's a mess to try and get a group on.  What do all of these things have in common?  All of them offer one primary reward and thus no reason to return to once that one thing is earned.

Let's look at Railjack with the same eye.  Pennant, Quellor, Shedu, Umbra Forma.  The only item worth grinding for after getting a single one is the Umbra Forma.  That's a very rare drop, so we've got another mission like ESO/SO that rewards once about every 20 minutes and at a vanishingly low percentage.  I'm looking at this and seeing hundreds of rewards that benefit Railjack, but only those four that have any influence outside the self-contained game mode.

Calling them about UI QOL related things calling them "mechanics" is a mistake.  Focsing on stupid things like "this shield should be more low than now when holstered" (i'm pretty sure you've readed that freacking spam comment on every update since the first melee rework) isn't calling them out.That's what I'm talking about, because thta's what you implied on your previos post and I'm talking about it. Complaining about the grindfest and citing archiwng as the "last big mess" you remember isn't helping, because this happens on every damn update released, PRIORITY  is key word here. For me (and everyone I think) is most important beign able to play the mission fine rather than just getting all the things you've listed (because yeah, they are an additive to the mode. Unless you don't like it at all)

Let's then tackle bugginess.  PoE was the very first open world.  People with the lowest end specifications and poor internet couldn't get on, to this day still have problems, and the only benefit is that because there's way less sever demand access is now easier (read: content grind and no reason to come back).  I personally still see bugs, but at the same time I'm still capable of bugging out tile sets that are years old, and falling off the map.  With DE you never get a good release, you get an 85% and follow it up with whatever new shiny they're chasing.  This is why the summer content drought exists, why Railjack and Old Blood were pushed out, and why Fortuna still isn't done to what was originally promised.  None of this is an excuse, but if you're expecting DE to release something feature complete you're sorely mistaken.  

Oh yeah, a massive map who cannot be rendered for any old machine who can barely play half life 1, it's must be DE fault. Of course. Oh yeah,  having a poor internet causes problem on a p2p connection, DE FAULT. Right. I'm not expecting anything from DE, sometimes they deliver, sometimes they don't. That's why focsing on critical and grame breaking stuff is better rather than F5 spam the same things on every update thread.

With the above being said, why do I think that Railjack is the worst thing released to date?  Let's count off the reasons:

1. The obvious bugs.  Namely infinite loading screens, disconnect issues, rewards being lost, black screens, and bases not loading visually in the missions.  Yes, I have yet to actually visually see an asteroid base that the commanders are on, I fly at the map marker and collide with an invisible surface to know I'm there.
  2. Visual gook.  I don't know what to say here, but if you're in a frame the powers list is easy to look up.  The buttons are secured.  If I want Molecular Prime it's 4, and if I want Soul Punch it's 1.  Because the powers to a Railjack are random drop locked, and can be placed in any order, if I'm the pilot there's a chance I will be able to access a power that I literally don't know what it does.  Why?  All I get is a visual indicator in the UI that has no name.  I have to either leave the game and search the forum, or grind my face off to get the appropriate avionic drop so I can read about it outside of combat.
  3. Avionics suck.  There's a lot to unpack here, so let me focus on how they're a confusing mess.  You get a drop in a mission.  That's relatively easy to understand, or is it?  The drop says Bulkhead, so after the mission you go to the upgrade screen.  You've now got 4 different Bulkhead mods.  None are levelled, but they all have a different number of open squares.  You equip the one with the biggest value, which happens to have the smallest number of squares.  Great, what about the other three?  Well, you can't tell anything but the cost to level, from an entirely different screen.  So you level them up, blowing through Dirac.  The one with the highest value turns out to be the one with the second most squares?  What?  Fine, I'll equip it.  But wait, I can level the slot.  200-600-1800.  That's a steep increase, but I can grind that.  Now the mod is at its full capacity, until you play another mission and get a fifth version with an even lower start but more empty squares.  What the heck do I invest in?  Repeat for all the random drops, powers, and utilities, and you've got a huge avionics war chest and no clear A<B<C progression.  What?
  4. Components suck.  The problem here is that the houses are poorly defined and since it's RNG you're just hoping for a god roll on an RNG roll drop mission reward.  Let's just drop the pretenses here.  First off, lock the different houses, any Vidar Engine MK2 has the same base stats.  Now, let's put that Dirac to use.  MK2 default < MK1 maxed, and ditto with the MK3.  The idea here is that you invest in a MK1 or MK2 there will be a time where replacing it is actually detrimental.  The goal here is to introduce a grind for Dirac, without a punishment, and with each house having different peak stats.  In practice, my MK2 engine could be better than a MK3 in stats where the peak for the MK3 are insanely higher.  Investment, and grind with Dirac RNG drop, replace a completely arbitrary RNG drop.  That's an easy fix, and it's more in-line with the current mod system.
  5.   What about the structure of the game mode itself?  Well, there's a level to the enemies and crafts.  That's great...until you realize all the enemies are especially spongey on the crafts.  There's also a discrepancy between your level in archwing and the fighters you presumably can go against.  Yep, there's a reason that Amesha is the only archwing usable.  Not to mention that certain powers (invisibility) don't work, the release version basically made going out in an archwing suicide, the unlock for the cannon isn't until several intrinsics in, oh and the animations take so long without invincibility that I've regularly died before I could even move away from the ship.  Nope, the structure is basically a minefield of garbage.

I could continue, but let's be real here.  The DE hasn't learned their lessons after nearly six years.  Powers locked behind RNG drop was how the old warframe worked.  Yes, imagine getting a Loki from the start and not being able to go invisible until you got the mod dropped for you.  Now imagine that to get higher levels you'd need to get just a ton of those drops and merge them.  That's how avionics work, with the added crap of RNG houses and levels.  The only upside is that instead of fusion cores and merging you've got Dirac.  

1) Same as Fortuna, POE, hell, even arbitrations. As you've said, this isn't new, if we start to talk about "hey, this is buggy because is new"... Well...

2) UI things are a reallity, but this mode isn't the "worst" about it "since archiwng" (as you've stated on your previous post).

3) I'm pertty sure there is only 3 sets of avionics for each one (Vidar, Lavan, Zekti) and avionics doesn't have rng at all. RNG is on the reactor, engines and shields. Also, as I0've said before, Dirac is dropping pretty much on almost everything, 2 missions later from my post on here I was able to level every grid for avionics. Because I play the game. Because I loot things. Because I wait for my team isntead just going to the dry dock on the end of the mission. But yeah. needs more UI related fixes. We should know more details, but that doesn't mean "avionics sucks".

4) How they can be poorly defined if they literally tells you the focus of the house who made the part? "This house preferred avionics capacity instead blabla" is a reallity. More info is always welcome for me tho. And about the RNG, as IDC at all (I only care about beign unable to cancel a repair) i'm not gonna talk about it. If it's bad or not, I'll leave it to another discussion (a valid one from my pov, because there must be a balance on that).

5) I agree on some things here. Amesha is the only meta because if you don't use it, you run out of energy, you are oneshoted, you can't make enemies slower. Dunno if buffing archwings would surpass that, I think it should be looked on both sides (enemies and archwings) to fix that point. That's why, again, FOCUSING (focusing: noun "the concentration of attention or energy on something) is more important rather than just ranting on how isolated ths mode is from the rest of the game. Focus on the base, then on the following stuff. "Several intrinsics" sounds like a lot but is only achieved on level 4. 16 intrinsincs on total iirc (going from 1 to 4). You get plenty of that, again, playing the game. Reparing stuff, refining stuff, making stuff, killing stuff, flying around. How you can complain about it, is beyond me.

I've played warframe since the almost beginning, AFAIK loki come with the mods for the abilities from the start rather than farming it. You were able to choose if you keep the 4 abilities or just the ones you've liked (or worked better on that content). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I look forward to the one or two things you'll point out above to try and negate an otherwise coherent argument.

I was looking to respond the rest, but this statement is SO pedantic, I laughed and then erased the rest. Good luck going like this IRL.

railjack: common to have changing from walking to archwing mode not working as intended. 

Walking on space, archwing inside ship. 

Archwing with Warframe weapons

Archwing with no weapons

Usually happens when more than one transition overlaps. 

Omni recall from exploding ship

Slingshotting into exploding ship

Slingshotting and immediately omni recalling

etc.

High lag host seems to exacerbate issues. 

This will a million percent get buried, but there are a few things I'd like to mention that I have recently noticed. 

- Firstly can we get an option to turn off active loading rooms? People with slow internet can load into rj missions or orb vallis in about 10-15 seconds if they cannot move while loading, but in an active loading screen that can drag to almost FIVE MINUTES. Either make it an option or totally remove it, as that would very much so help!

- Secondly some glitches

- Operators can control railjack side guns, if this is not a glitch, then please fix what happens if enemies shoot you while on a side gun, as using excel umbra to protect you is                        very nice. 

- Shedu currently has a glitch where it will "Jam" after a few magazines, and simply refuse to fire anymore. There seems to be no real reason to this, nor any pattern, as I have                      tried testing with extreme parkour, interactions, killing certain enemies, using archguns and quick melee, along with others. For some reason, sometimes it just stops shooting.

- Sometimes ships fail to spawn, meaning you will be unable to kill crewships or fighters if you complete objectives first. A timed forcespawn of all remaining enemies would be                      super nice once all enemies or objectives that are currently available are complete

- Obviously loading glitches are a problem

-Sometimes kavats become supersized, along with random things getting larger/smaller

-Railjack side guns randomly teleporting to parts of the railjack

-Ramsleds refusing to take damage, same with invisible healing bubbles

Just came out of hosting a mission on Exploiter Orb. I was using Wukong Prime. Since stepping into Deck 12, I can't use any of my skills.

Abilities 1 to 4 can't be used. UI keeps responding "Ability In Use." NONE OF THE DAMN ABILITIES ARE ACTIVE!!

I can't go to Operator mode. UI keeps saying "Ability In Use." IM STUCK INSIDE MY GOD DAMN WARFRAME

I cant deploy any gear items.

I can't deploy my archwing.

I can't even SWITCH TO MELEE ATTACKS.

I can chat in real time. I can move and fire ONLY MY PRIMARY WEAPON in real time.

/unstuck command does absolutely nothing.

PLEASE FIX THIS BLOODY MESS DE.

plz buff drop rate for ship parts, veil takes so long to run and the parts have such a low chance + its rng for stats + it can get scrapped if your not careful like what happened to one of my clan leaders

idk maybe add a new node thats harder but higher drop chance or something please or make the parts tradable 

Most recent update seems to have caused a number of glitches for all Empyrean content on my end... Every time I use the Archwing launcher while I'm a client, the launcher doesn't trigger a complete transition to Archwing. I get stuck with Warframe health, armor and weapons (INCLUDING MELEE which is hilarious). Additionally damage seems extremely inconsistent while engaging in on-foot combat with enemies. One moment they'll be tanking dozens of hits from weapons that should shred them (with no armor), the next they fall apart like paper... What gives? This is with level 75-80 content in Empyrean. Most recent update seems to have caused a number of glitches for all Empyrean content on my end... Every time I use the Archwing launcher while I'm a client, the launcher doesn't trigger a complete transition to Archwing. I get stuck with Warframe health, armor and weapons (INCLUDING MELEE which is hilarious). Additionally (as a client) with the 360° gunner seat there seems to be an issue with the ship randomly glitching into view as black or gray geometry obscuring gunnery view. I've also encountered an issue twice on Nsu Grid in Veil Proxima where the game refuses to let me finish the mission solo despite completing all objectives. The raid objective requiring on-board and away crew to cooperate will inevitably re-activate; however since the objectives were already completed they do not allow for further action... I've had to abort on a Void Cloak drop because of this as well as my first and only battle avionic... 

Six more bugs below. All related to transitions in Railjack missions.

Sentient Ship bug1: Cannot skip cinematic.

Description: Cannot skip the entrance cinematic. This is the case always, even when the user is the first one to enter the node (which usually avoids the transition bug in other type of missions).

Frequency: Always. Tested as a client.

Sentient Ship bug2: Sound plays every time someone enters the sentient ship

Description: Every time someone enters the sentient ship I hear their entrance "wooosh" sounds. If there are 4 players this sound will trigger 4 times for everyone (once per player).

Frequency: Very frequent, maybe 100% of the time. Tested as a client.

Sentient Ship bug3: Going to operator will reset you to the beginning of sentient ship

Description: When you go to operator mode, while in the fist room of the sentient ship, you will activate the entrance cut scene again, and will we thrown to the beginning. You will have to run through the first room (or first few rooms) in your warframe and only then can you use operator.

Frequency: Sometimes. Tested as a client.

Sentient Ship bug4: When someone enters the ship you are forced to watch their cinematic.

Description: Sometimes you are forced to watch every entrance cinematic to the sentient ship, even those by other players.

Sentient Ship bug5: Flying transitions in the narrow sentient pipe doesn't work.

Description: Sentient pipe =  the narrow translucent thing that connects tiles in the sentient ship. Sometimes these pipes do not work, but randomly throw you in the wrong direction. As a result you cannot proceed in the ship.

Frequency: Sometimes. Tested as a client. Laggy host might make this worse.

Generic Railjack bug: When someone does a transition you are teleported to them.

Description: Sometimes you are are teleported from your current location to the player that just entered a crewship. Not sure if this happens in other transitions as well. In most cases I was in our RJ when I got teleported to a crewship.

So I'm not sure what of this has been mentioned, but there are quite a few bugs right now and other things that need to be fixed. Don't take this in the wrong way, I'm happy for the update, but issues need fixed and these are a few of them. If I'm repeating things that others have said, than take that as a mark of how important they are. There are a few things that others likely have not mentioned.

Rank 1 Engineering only works on hull fractures and hull ruptures; not on fires, electrical breeches, or ice; those it takes just as long to put out as normal. The various increased output ranks aren't working either, and instead the rank 9 "increased refined" rank (which is way too high up on the tree to be useful) is working at lower levels. I'm not sure what else might not be working right, since some stuff is eisier to test than other things, but it might be a good idea to test everything to make sure. Maybe things got changed around and the upgrade screen just isn't showing the ranks at the right places? If that isn't it than I have no idea what could be going on.

So, you have a limit of 30 damaged components AND a limit on the repaired components?!?!?! And nothing to tell you how many complete components you can have or what counts against that limit? No place to see the scrap that is counting against that limit either? No way to check if reparing something removes it from that first limit or if it forever counts against it or when exactly it is removed? No way to increase the number of damaged component slots? And the number of complete component slots (not counting the starter stuff that you can't get rid of) seems to be 8, barely more than what it takes to outfit all your slots with very little room for experimentation or changeovers? And, again, even THAT had to be found out by experimentation? The limit of 30 should be fine, allowing people to buy more if they want to go longer between clearing it out, but at LEAST DOUBLE the number of repaired component slots. Also, put a place on our Equipment->Inventory menu to see both the damaged components and completed components. This is especially important for new players, those who haven't gotten into a clan with a dry-dock and/or who haven't built their ship yet, because without this access they have no way of knowing or dealing with overfilling their damaged component limit. I personally know a couple people who refused to play Empirum for a while till their ship finished because they didn't want to risk overfilling their damaged components limit; that should never happen.

Moving on (and speaking of moving on), when the host disconnects it can make the mission unbeatable because the secondary objectives pop back up (like take out the base commander) but the level leaves those things that must be done to complete those objectives as finished... and since you can't do it again you can't clear the objectives to complete the level. Also the end of mission reward screen is REALLY wonky. It can sometimes be a mission behind if multiple missions are done in a row, or just show nothing. Going straight back from a mission to the Dry Dock can sometimes have no rewards from that last mission, but go back to the orbiter and you can see that your Intrinsics are now updated and going from your orbiter to your Dojo and then to your Dry Dock does update.

Also, you can't go straight to your Dry Dock from the Emperium mission select screen anymore. Not sure why that disappeared, but I could swear that it worked before.

I'm not sure if there are supposed to be house components for the Munitions, but if so they aren't dropping.

Gunners everywhere will thank you if you find a way to smooth things out as the pilot jukes around, loosing missile locks and dodging and such. You can time your shots with some weapons (ie: Cryophon) to make this a non-issue, but beam weapons are near unusable if the pilot is active. Giving the gunners some greater level of autonomy, such that their entire game isn't pretty much "mouse only" would probably be good. Like make the gunners into range-from-Railjack-restricted fighters or something. Not sure how difficult that would be to implement, but it would solve a lot of issues with gameplay with one solution.

Amesha is the only Archwing that can survive this game mode. Itzal might have a chance if it goes invisible and has access to its teleport back (which would give it a niche as fast and stealthy). As for the rest, they are completely unusable in this game mode. Even the Itzal, now that it has that stupid tether thing that forces you to ram into walls and have to recover or pulls enemies to ram into you and kill you from the ramming damage, is currently unusable (please give it the teleport back). It may even be the worst option for Archwing in Empirium. Eltryon has no way of dealing with the fast moving enemies or to survive their damage and a dead archwing is worthless in a fight. Odonata has that nice shield which SHOULD work great against oncomming fire from the front, but because it doesn't work against area damage (like explosions) it does nothing... and it can't take a hit when an attack does get around... So if you are forced to choose between one archwing that can survive and three that very much can't, is there any real choice? The issue isn't Amesha, the issue is the lack of options that the other Archwings have. Give Odonata and Eltryon a panic button to clear not only homing but also targeted fire, and give back Itzal it's teleport (which would give it a "panic button" against fire as well). Give the Odonata a front facing shield that works against ALL fire. Give Eltryon a homing missile option for its 1 and some sort of crowd clearing or crowd CC option for its 4 (something other than a more powerful version of its 1 that costs four times as much). Finally, ensure that all archwings can take at least 3 seconds of sustained fire from a multiple (at least a couple) enemies so that they can be trusted to take into combat.

For Fashion Frame (er, Ship...) there are a couple issues where your Glyph can't be moved and the Wear and Tear slider can sometimes revert to full if it is either the last or the only thing that you change. Weird glitches, but important for end-game. 😉 Also there is a limit to the name length that is not shown and the name seems to be disappearing as well. Why??? It may not be a priority, but it is something to look into eventually.

On the end of mission screen Avionics really really should be listed under the "Mods" section, allowing us to see what is new and what they do. This both would make the whole end of mission screen less cluttered in the first section and more useful overall.

If we need to go out and farm asteroids for materials (ie: Titanium) like this is a free-roaming mission on the Plains of Eidelon or something than having to hope that our team (ie: the host) doesn't want to leave immediately after mission completion is a bad way to do it. There are further issues here with how people get rewards when leaving early, both good and bad, but I'm not going to say too much because some of them can be ripe for abuse...

Speaking of, the one mod that forces tenno back to the ship with no way to stop it (you know the one) is without redeeming quality as it is currently designed. I have never once seen it used to positive effect. Double the duration before it goes off (once it is activated till it pulls you) and let people opt out through some means that is directly explained when it is used; or just remove it form the game. It can be useful with some tweaks, but the current form is a problem.

Mission diversity. Kill 30/60/90 small ships and x number of large ships... every... single... time... Doesn't matter if you have other objectives, those never change. Doesn't matter that you have to do hundreds of missions, you can always expect to spend a large chunk of every mission grinding your ships face into those enemies over and over and over. We have different mission types in regular missions for a reason. Don't get me wrong, I like the Empirium gameplay, but this can border on monotony without something to change it around. At the very least reduce the number of enemies you have to kill when there are secondary missions in play.

Finally: IN GAME TUTORIALS (use them)!!!! I can't say this enough. And always make sure there are ways to know what things are and what you are doing. There needs to be somewhere easily accessible in game to look up stuff you need to know about how things work. Such as, how does upgrading your avionics grid work? Components, what and how? How do Battle and Tactical Avionics work? In mission, if you don't recognize the tactical avionics icon and already know what they do, than there is no real way to figure it out short of either distracting the host from playing the game to ask, opening up a wiki page to go look it up on your own rather than helping out the team, or just try it and waste Flux Energy on the experiment. Even if you do know, they might be too low level to do what you want it to do. Put a label under it, please, and let us see and hover over the icons on the Tactical menu so that we can both know what they do and know if it is upgraded enough to matter in the mission.

All in all, I like the new game mode; both Railjack and the updates to Archwing as they are now (with the exceptions mentioned above). But, well, it is a work in progress and I don't think anyone was expecting a completely new game mode, almost to the point of being a new game type, to work out perfectly from the start. I look forward to every update as it happens, and thank everyone at DE for the work and effort they have put into this game!

On 2019-12-24 at 9:33 AM, xHeretic said:

Calling them about UI QOL related things calling them "mechanics" is a mistake.  Focsing on stupid things like "this shield should be more low than now when holstered" (i'm pretty sure you've readed that freacking spam comment on every update since the first melee rework) isn't calling them out.That's what I'm talking about, because thta's what you implied on your previos post and I'm talking about it. Complaining about the grindfest and citing archiwng as the "last big mess" you remember isn't helping, because this happens on every damn update released, PRIORITY  is key word here. For me (and everyone I think) is most important beign able to play the mission fine rather than just getting all the things you've listed (because yeah, they are an additive to the mode. Unless you don't like it at all)

Oh yeah, a massive map who cannot be rendered for any old machine who can barely play half life 1, it's must be DE fault. Of course. Oh yeah,  having a poor internet causes problem on a p2p connection, DE FAULT. Right. I'm not expecting anything from DE, sometimes they deliver, sometimes they don't. That's why focsing on critical and grame breaking stuff is better rather than F5 spam the same things on every update thread.

1) Same as Fortuna, POE, hell, even arbitrations. As you've said, this isn't new, if we start to talk about "hey, this is buggy because is new"... Well...

2) UI things are a reallity, but this mode isn't the "worst" about it "since archiwng" (as you've stated on your previous post).

3) I'm pertty sure there is only 3 sets of avionics for each one (Vidar, Lavan, Zekti) and avionics doesn't have rng at all. RNG is on the reactor, engines and shields. Also, as I0've said before, Dirac is dropping pretty much on almost everything, 2 missions later from my post on here I was able to level every grid for avionics. Because I play the game. Because I loot things. Because I wait for my team isntead just going to the dry dock on the end of the mission. But yeah. needs more UI related fixes. We should know more details, but that doesn't mean "avionics sucks".

4) How they can be poorly defined if they literally tells you the focus of the house who made the part? "This house preferred avionics capacity instead blabla" is a reallity. More info is always welcome for me tho. And about the RNG, as IDC at all (I only care about beign unable to cancel a repair) i'm not gonna talk about it. If it's bad or not, I'll leave it to another discussion (a valid one from my pov, because there must be a balance on that).

5) I agree on some things here. Amesha is the only meta because if you don't use it, you run out of energy, you are oneshoted, you can't make enemies slower. Dunno if buffing archwings would surpass that, I think it should be looked on both sides (enemies and archwings) to fix that point. That's why, again, FOCUSING (focusing: noun "the concentration of attention or energy on something) is more important rather than just ranting on how isolated ths mode is from the rest of the game. Focus on the base, then on the following stuff. "Several intrinsics" sounds like a lot but is only achieved on level 4. 16 intrinsincs on total iirc (going from 1 to 4). You get plenty of that, again, playing the game. Reparing stuff, refining stuff, making stuff, killing stuff, flying around. How you can complain about it, is beyond me.

I've played warframe since the almost beginning, AFAIK loki come with the mods for the abilities from the start rather than farming it. You were able to choose if you keep the 4 abilities or just the ones you've liked (or worked better on that content). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I was looking to respond the rest, but this statement is SO pedantic, I laughed and then erased the rest. Good luck going like this IRL.

Let me boil your entire argument down real easy.  The aesthetics of the game are not as important as the function.  Let me counter, the UI communicating function is required for there to be function.

You equate my arguments to someone asking for aesthetic bug fixes, ignoring the fact that I state the visual issues are with avionics.  That was pretty shortsighted, because I'm not saying that things look bad, I'm saying that the information communicated by the visuals is useless and unclear. 

You argue priorities, and say running the systems means more.  My counter is that if they cannot communicate that the value of item A>B then I don't know whether to use A or B.  In this mode there are three houses and a default, and the subsequent levels of each avionic (if you missed it, 4 variants + levels= 8 possible unique avionic entries if only the 0 and full levels are present).  The systems therefore do not work unless I find a way to understand them outside of the game.  So we are clear, this is not a difference of opinion from what I read, but you failing to equate communication with visuals.  It's a mistake, but one I can understand.

Finally, all the other things about your experience.  Let me put a stop to that now.  This was the reward structure from older mission rewards, where Dirac dropped like candy.  I've re-run the low level missions to test out MK3 gear (as an aside, about half of earth can be soloed with fully upgraded gear at this time, without too much difficulty), and the Dirac sucks.  I think out of 6 runs I got 250 total Dirac (100-50-50-50).  At that rate you're never going to have enough without scrapping 100% of the wreckage you get.  Yes, high level missions regularly seem to give out 1000 units, but by that point you need 7 intrinsics in at least one category.  That means a painful grind unless somebody is acting to shepherd you through it.  If somebody is doing that, then you're likely to have a ship kitted with MK3 stuff already.  If you've already got a shepherd then why waste resources until you get access to MK3 stuff?  Kinda seems like the progression is insanely broken.  It also seems like the introduction of the Corpus and Infested versions of this are going to force people already in the Veil to grind through a bunch of low level missions to get the map unlocked...if you don't get it, this is leading back to the comments about releasing half baked.

Again, I look forward to you telling me how I don't understand and my priorities are off.  I'd suggest that you focus on the outside media providing the components missing from the game.  I'd also suggest that you stop equating UI and aesthetic issues; the UI is how the game communicates its systems to you, and if it is broken the game mode is by default broken.  This is not a question of choice, so much as information being unclear.  I don't care about the shield being too low, but I do care that when I go to upgrade a component I don't know if I'm wasting Dirac or if I'll be able to equip it once its level increases because the drain is unclear.

If you'd like to argue I'd suggest the following.  The Vitality mod now has 4 variants.  Each version has a different level cap, and different increases to the stat.  The only indicator for the variants is a symbol in the bottom right corner of the mod and it'll be a triangular, circular, or square dot.  Now the warframe upgrade UI doesn't have the bottom scroll.  You click on the slot, and a new window pops up.  Said menu has all of the Vitalities together, but to get to them you have to scroll there alphabetically.  You then have to leave that menu, and enter another menu to upgrade any of them.  Once that's done check on the available power, reclick the slot, and scroll down again to equip it.  Yep, that's terrible UI leading to a broken system in nearly a text book fashion.  

I do look forward visual fixes, but I demand fixes so we can meaningfully interact with the systems and adequately report whether or not they are broken.  Right now, the entire game mode is giraffes all the way down.  You agree and disagree, but I'd like to chalk this up to a misunderstanding between UI and aesthetics.  We shall see if that is the case.

Empyrean:

- problem with this big orange thing, maybe (*not a driver place)

Скрыть контент

jK9hvTn.jpg

X8Msojh.jpg

yutlebC.jpg

- I was on the enemy ship trying to revive my cat with operator, the ship blows up at that moment and bug happend

- Invisible space objects:

Спойлер

- Grendel's bug space adventures...

Спойлер

...I think that these "adventures" could be connected in some way with the fact that I swallowed the enemy crew on the transporter and flew with them in my stomach into outer space 😔  

- Strange Sugatra in RJ:

Спойлер

- RJ name text not correctly displayed:

Спойлер

gtp4IC1.jpg

- from the Dojo on the star map I can’t join to party. Always permanent host. From Orbiter to join to party is obtained.

- bug with Parazon: use forge -> use RJ catapult -> in space bug with weapon. Parazon in hand = bug happend.

- some objects in space not disappear after they blows up if you are not a host. For example:

Скрыть контент

TQZPCBe.jpg

On next image this fire can see only host:

Скрыть контент

DvE6ece.jpg

...and, melee Arch weapon usless now? 😕

- Garuda !!! 😞

Скрыть контент

PMXzbGC.jpg

8Hpdn1C.jpg

+++

22 часа назад, GPrime96 сказал:

There's another thing i want DE to fix soon for her Claws:

ImCHPH6.jpg

DE, You can make the RJ's scope more eye-catching. I often lose him in battle. I think that I'm not the only one in this issue.

Спойлер

tWcJA18.jpg

---------

Sword and Shield Class:

- "Air combos" do not work. You jump, hold the “S” button in the air, push СС button and ... you throw the shield. Conventional air СС single hit - have also been replaced with a shield throw. I explain... In mid-air if you hold "S" button and starts smashing CC button - you see some air combo. It's a new mechanic. But this mechanic doesn't work with S&S class. Try to make "air combo" with another class weapon and you see what wrong with S&S class. That's why i proposed to return the old mechanic to throw the shield (jump x2 and you can throw).

В 19.12.2019 в 06:22, Neuroszima сказал:

WOW

this looks exactly like what we had in Lunaro with ball not being able to be thrown in air, and no action being able to be made in air, like simple air check omg.… meh at fixing

- Please, enter again a double jump to be able to throw the shield so that they can be thrown at any vertical angle! ...at this moment it can not be done. DE, please return the old mechanics for shield throwing.

- When throwing, the shield will homing on friendly objects if they are closer than the enemy. For example, he is homing on a capsule on defense missions.

- Damage is very small for those shields that were launched. Damage adjustment required. For example, to increase the damage of the shield being thrown after a certain number of blockings with shield of enemy fire. "Charge the shield for a more powerful throw". Need enter changes to system of absorption of damage to Shields

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/6/67/20190929171703_12.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20190929114917

---------

Glaive Class Problems:

- I can’t do an "Charge Throw Attack" without a single secondary weapon in my hand. And there is no special sight for this. Why?

- I can’t throw a Glaive in the air if I don’t have a single secondary weapon in my hand; instead, my frame makes a blast on the ground with a Glaive even if my frame’s sight  is directed upwards.

- if in one hand of my frame there is a single secondary weapon then the Glaive does completely the wrong combo which depends on the stance mod

+++

Спойлер

---------

I would also like to add from myself a couple of issues:

- Autoblocking CC system should not lead to the hang of players in the air! Its some a flaw in CC.

- Issue with Glyphs dublicates:

Спойлер

dQeeVez.jpg

ckTTlNY.jpg

uGYsn1g.jpg

rolRAi6.jpg

AbVQeiz.jpg

- Vestal Moss Visual Problem:

Спойлер

umtXJwE.jpg

- I still don’t like the moment when selected wrong firearm after using the synthesis scanner. For example... a secondary weapon was selected before i use the Synthesis Scanner, but after I scanned the target and removed the Synthesis Scanner - the MAIN WEAPON appear in hands of my Frame. Very often it is confusing. Before the introduction of СС innovations, everything was in order with this.

- Invasions Menu bug:

Спойлер

- Why the Parazon is not automatically removed from hand after I using him? This rly interfere.

Problem of choosing a Grendel on a star map. I can choose him but Grendel not displayed and I can't start mission with him. (old problem!)

Спойлер

- Tombfinger and far flying enemies problem. At first it looks funny but it seems to me that this should not be...

Спойлер

- Still very often arbitrary triggered strong attack in CC

---------

Color bug:

Спойлер

gsUHyrt.jpg

6Qp0ylG.jpg

---------

"Swiss Cheese Shiels" (!!!):

Скрыть контент
В 29.11.2019 в 08:47, GPrime96 сказал:

There's a issue i noticed today after i saw it in this Video: 

Her Mirror works like it should at a flat surface but when the enemies be more uneven with the surface, you would be taking damage with her Mirror up.The problem with that is when you are playing in Grineer Tilesets like Galleon or Mars Tileset, you would most likely take damage than soaking up the Damage for her Blood Orb. So as long as you are fighting in a leveled area, watch your back.

---------

On 2019-12-20 at 12:51 PM, Afterburner_X said:

Hi DE.

I’m here again to talk about the truth. Empyrean wasn’t the success it should be, I think. You can’t deny that, because numbers never lie. The majority of people hate that Mainline. Some people just play Empyrean for the sake of playing Warframe. That has nothing to do with enjoyment at all. Some others really enjoy it and that’s fine. Everyone can have an opinion. For me it’s just not that much understandable, because the update is still so bugged. Your update is also super grindy, but it looks like you finally start to address that. Grind to a proper extent is fine. I wouldn’t play Warframe, if I would hate Grind, but being forced to do the same boring, unrewarding missions 500 times is not enjoyable anymore. Grinding for a game mode that is totally isolated from the core game also doesn’t help it at all. You can’t hide all the problems behind insane Grind. The problem here is also that Empyrean is basically Archwing content. Something not many people enjoyed before and it’s not even that much different now. Except for the fact that there is a Railjack now. Making Arch-Guns projectile based with the projectiles being too slow to kill effectively and not adding auto targeting back to Arch-Melees is also not a help for your big update. The projectiles should be a bit faster at least.

But your game is Free to Play, so it’s okay to give your playerbase such a mess. Some people actually believe that, for whatever reason. A game is living from their players, so they deserve at least decent updates. That doesn’t mean that there are no bugs or flaws allowed. But if you need such a high amount of Hotfixes and most things are still not addressed, that’s not okay. I have the feeling that all what matters is that it your game looks good. Bugs and enjoyment are not really important anymore. I would wish that this could change in the future again.  

It’s also not valid for some people that you point out what is wrong with the game in it’s current state. It’s only allowed to say that Warframe is a very good game, which is actually not wrong at all. But the recent changes and updates are totally going into the wrong direction in my opinion. Some next level of RNG and Grind, that’s not how Warframe should be in the future. Just to force people to use plat. At least that’s what it looks like. It’s super easy to say that everything is right, but it takes some courage to give some critic, so things can become better in the future. Most people choose the easy way without resistance. So it looks like everything is fine, but it’s not. It’s also very easy to just say: “Just leave the game if you don’t like it”. Just to bypass every single argument made by others.

I still wonder… What are the reasons for these rushed and unpolished updates? Is it the playerbase, which constantly wants new content? I highly doubt that. Players have waited for 2 years to get their hands on Railjack and now they finally received it, but only partly and unpolished. Why is that? You also made false promises to your players with your Roadmap 2019, in which quite a lot of things are still not here at the end of 2019. Game development is quite complex and not always easy, but I think that something is really wrong when I look at Empyrean and the actual development time. Maybe you work on too many things at the same time, but I don’t really know. Working a lot on something doesn’t necessarily mean that the working process is effective. The players need to wait quite some time for new updates to even drop and then they need to wait again for weeks, until that content is bugfixed and adjusted to a playable rate. That’s sad. Updates should be enjoyable and playable when they drop and not weeks later. Don’t use your players as an experiment to test your alpha builds please. That’s not fair. The worst is when updates don’t get fixed at all, like Liches. Bad balancing is a big problem, because it will force you to some extent to implement changes later on. Which results in deceiving your loyal players, who played your update since day one, because they needed to invest much more time to get the same results. It’s a devaluation of time.

The truth hurts DE, but the only way that players can get that Warframe back they once loved, is to tell you nothing but the truth. If you feel offended by this, you can delete that post, but just running away will not help your game. People will post tons of suggestions in detail here, I’m 100% sure. They also posted tons of possible fixes already. I’m happy that you started to address some of the problems already, but you could have avoided some of them easily by just testing your update a bit more. I’m nearly 100% sure that you wouldn’t enjoy that first released version of Empyrean yourself, but you still released it like that. Just involve your playerbase more again. It helps nobody if you start hyping your update and tell everybody how great it is, when it has big flaws in reality. Sometimes I have the feeling that you don’t really know the mechanics of your game that well. Resulting in unnecessary nerfs and changes. Sadly many loyal players left Warframe in 2019.

I just wanted to share my feelings, again. All I want for 2020 is a game that I can love again, DE. I still have hopes that you can achieve that. I wish you a merry Christmas.

Well said Afterburner, have to agree with you on all those points. I've been playing daily since May 2015,  am on the edge of MR28, and have just been ignoring Lich and now Empyrean waiting till they are ready to play after updates complete (to avoid the insane grind and bugs that have been reported in the forums). Thank you De for all the hard work over the last 5 years. My service to the Lotus, placing potatoes and fusion cores on frames and weapons to kill enemies, has been an awesome experience.  However, today's 'fashion frame' kills with looks (think there was even a call for decorations for railjacks-lol) instead of weapons, not my cup of tea.  I think it's time for me to get off the bus.    

Ive been having weird host migration issues when playing railjack. Other than that I think that railjack is a solid launch. The only other problem I have with it is the mission diversity. For a defense mission have a civilian ship under fire from grineer or corpus. Its those types of missions id love to play because it help with world building in warframe and make the world feel alive. 

Umbra forma is soo rare that the loot table doesn't even mention it or anything else.🤨

Those caches.... where? what are the ods? Is it bugged(wouldn't supprise me)?  or put into a freezer?

😧My clanmates went back to playing other games after the 5th rare cache...(got nothing usefull out of it) Right now it is just confusing me.

Railjack got a lot better(it was good to begin with)

😀Thank you for the update😀

On 2019-12-20 at 4:51 PM, Afterburner_X said:

Hi DE.

I’m here again to talk about the truth. Empyrean wasn’t the success it should be, I think. You can’t deny that, because numbers never lie. The majority of people hate that Mainline. Some people just play Empyrean for the sake of playing Warframe. That has nothing to do with enjoyment at all. Some others really enjoy it and that’s fine. Everyone can have an opinion. For me it’s just not that much understandable, because the update is still so bugged. Your update is also super grindy, but it looks like you finally start to address that. Grind to a proper extent is fine. I wouldn’t play Warframe, if I would hate Grind, but being forced to do the same boring, unrewarding missions 500 times is not enjoyable anymore. Grinding for a game mode that is totally isolated from the core game also doesn’t help it at all. You can’t hide all the problems behind insane Grind. The problem here is also that Empyrean is basically Archwing content. Something not many people enjoyed before and it’s not even that much different now. Except for the fact that there is a Railjack now. Making Arch-Guns projectile based with the projectiles being too slow to kill effectively and not adding auto targeting back to Arch-Melees is also not a help for your big update. The projectiles should be a bit faster at least.

But your game is Free to Play, so it’s okay to give your playerbase such a mess. Some people actually believe that, for whatever reason. A game is living from their players, so they deserve at least decent updates. That doesn’t mean that there are no bugs or flaws allowed. But if you need such a high amount of Hotfixes and most things are still not addressed, that’s not okay. I have the feeling that all what matters is that it your game looks good. Bugs and enjoyment are not really important anymore. I would wish that this could change in the future again.  

It’s also not valid for some people that you point out what is wrong with the game in it’s current state. It’s only allowed to say that Warframe is a very good game, which is actually not wrong at all. But the recent changes and updates are totally going into the wrong direction in my opinion. Some next level of RNG and Grind, that’s not how Warframe should be in the future. Just to force people to use plat. At least that’s what it looks like. It’s super easy to say that everything is right, but it takes some courage to give some critic, so things can become better in the future. Most people choose the easy way without resistance. So it looks like everything is fine, but it’s not. It’s also very easy to just say: “Just leave the game if you don’t like it”. Just to bypass every single argument made by others.

I still wonder… What are the reasons for these rushed and unpolished updates? Is it the playerbase, which constantly wants new content? I highly doubt that. Players have waited for 2 years to get their hands on Railjack and now they finally received it, but only partly and unpolished. Why is that? You also made false promises to your players with your Roadmap 2019, in which quite a lot of things are still not here at the end of 2019. Game development is quite complex and not always easy, but I think that something is really wrong when I look at Empyrean and the actual development time. Maybe you work on too many things at the same time, but I don’t really know. Working a lot on something doesn’t necessarily mean that the working process is effective. The players need to wait quite some time for new updates to even drop and then they need to wait again for weeks, until that content is bugfixed and adjusted to a playable rate. That’s sad. Updates should be enjoyable and playable when they drop and not weeks later.

Don’t use your players as an experiment to test your alpha builds please. That’s not fair.

The worst is when updates don’t get fixed at all, like Liches. Bad balancing is a big problem, because it will force you to some extent to implement changes later on. Which results in deceiving your loyal players, who played your update since day one, because they needed to invest much more time to get the same results. It’s a devaluation of time.

The truth hurts DE, but the only way that players can get that Warframe back they once loved, is to tell you nothing but the truth. If you feel offended by this, you can delete that post, but just running away will not help your game. People will post tons of suggestions in detail here, I’m 100% sure. They also posted tons of possible fixes already. I’m happy that you started to address some of the problems already, but you could have avoided some of them easily by just testing your update a bit more. I’m nearly 100% sure that you wouldn’t enjoy that first released version of Empyrean yourself, but you still released it like that. Just involve your playerbase more again. It helps nobody if you start hyping your update and tell everybody how great it is, when it has big flaws in reality. Sometimes I have the feeling that you don’t really know the mechanics of your game that well. Resulting in unnecessary nerfs and changes. Sadly many loyal players left Warframe in 2019.

I just wanted to share my feelings, again. All I want for 2020 is a game that I can love again, DE. I still have hopes that you can achieve that. I wish you a merry Christmas.

Agree 100%. This is a true reality check done with flawless respect and honesty. 

Ladies and gentleman I invite you to read this POST CAREFULLY because it is full of truth. 

1. Devaluation of time is awful. It should not be used so often when people are having fun with some items. Nerf is the antonym of fun. If people are having fun with something please let them have fun with that. Bring stronger enemies, content, that requires newer weapons. It makes more sense and justify the reason to get newer items. 

2. Archwing suffered a downgrade. I can't spin, rotate or bank like I did with the experimental flight. It's a gimp of what we had in the past. Adding blink to all archwing doesn't solve the problem. It just postpone it. Moving in space is more complex but at the same time more immersible. Don't castrate that complexity. 

3. It's not acceptable to have SHEDU 'glitched' because of a lore, if any. If people spent time getting the item, at least we want to have the commodity to use it. If I don't unload the clip of seven shorts few times SHEDU stops firing. That's unacceptable. 

Archwing content and Empyrean is here to stay and we want it to stay however we want it to work. I hope you have a good holidays but back in January there will be a lot of work to do, fix and develop. Listen to the people that plays the game and invest money in platinum. Many of us likes the game but there should be some degree of responsibility in this transaction of goods. 

Empyrean was a big risk and with such risk we will have people like Afterburner decimating the not so good decisions. Warframe is a game about "GAMEPLAY" where you reunite ideas from Black Flag, Call of Duty, Overwatch, Tital Fall 2 among many other known games. It's not about FASHION AND BEAUTY PAGEANT contest only. Even on that part frame looks and customization needs a lot of work too but that's another conversation. 

Gameplay and flexibility is what champions this game Warframe over many others. Empyrean needs a lot of tweaking, debugging and redesign. It's important to listen to your community that placed this game on the map as one of the best experiences. Don't let your community down. We stayed with you for more than seven years. 

Archived