Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.8

[DE]Megan

is there any chance i can restore the equipped MKIII engine that disappeared? I guess i may have refined it, unintentionally. I thought I had a grip on not doing that after refining a turret i didn't intend to refine. Then the UI has to be backed out of to get a real presentation of avionic UI at the terminal. I'm tapped out. i finished a saturn mission had loot, refined the MKII engine loot, then noticed my equipped engine was the default engine... wtf?!?! the equipped MKIII engine is gone!? lost my +80 avionic engine.... /kicks grass.

This feels more raw than testing Battlefield 2142 and experiencing bugs in there. 😞 Prior game experience with moving objects in space that move and our avatar moves on it to interact is various ways. So many other triumphs to get there and UI is the problem? 😞

i anticipate the team will achieve intentionally intended results with a lil more time. Pssst... consider making a tutorial video on using aspects of the Warframe's ship, like slingshot, engineering terminals, accessing slingshot from outside ship, etc.

I'm about to be 45. DE, you've got a great thing going. Stay strong.

enjoy....

..."alright"

23 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

I never get oneshotted. It takes 4 shots when I use something like an Elytron. I think its your build man.

Also, Amesha exist.

yes , im using Amesha. 4 shots sure , you know how many shots a crewship shoot at you at a time ? Exit from one crewship while another 2 or even 1 around that area , as soon as the exit cutscreen end , your health bar ran out as well. You probably always recall back to the railjack , play 20-25 min railjack mission style.

1 hour ago, Iljime said:

yes , im using Amesha. 4 shots sure , you know how many shots a crewship shoot at you at a time ? Exit from one crewship while another 2 or even 1 around that area , as soon as the exit cutscreen end , your health bar ran out as well. You probably always recall back to the railjack , play 20-25 min railjack mission style.

It's not even about how many shots before player gets down, it's the latency.

On host side it may look like 4 shots before getting kill, so the host can still react by casting an ability or move/dodge. But for any client who plays between 150-200 ping, its instant death before the screen finish loading from ship into space.

Majority of bugs are happening on client side such as "lost loot" and "falling thru objects." WF has always been problem with host mitigation and connection desync, on top of that Railjack is large scale game mode which made it even worse.

So I think it is fair by this point to say that DE decided to take a Christmass/New Years holiday. That is fine, everyone needs some time off. Releasing Emperium right before that break, a new game mode so large and complicated that three rounds of bug fixes only scratches the surface... that is a problem.

Look, we understand that certain people (content creators) blow through content and want more. But let's be honest: they treat gaming as a full time job because to them it is. The rest of us are not content creators and would greatly prefer that the game's grind and such was not balanced with content creators in mind. And releasing a half finished product before going off on what appears to be a two week vacation??? That can only result in negativity both from content creators and regular players alike.

Seriously, if you had just said "we have it ready but we are waiting to release till after we take our holiday vacation and will be working on checking for bugs and balancing other things (like liches) in the meantime" than everyone would have been happy. At the very least they would be a LOT happier than they are now.

As for the content creators... the more you try to give in to their idea of infinate content in an essentially linear game the worse it will be for everyone. The non content-creators won't be able to keep up and won't feel like they are moving forward. The content creators will have unrealistic expectations of what they can get out of this game and will try so hard to focus on the progression aspect of content that they will let other forms (like weapon demonstrations and mechanics discussions) fall to the way side.

Of course this is me giving DE the benefit of the doubt, assuming that they were feeling pressured by content creators to put out a rushed product rather than assuming that they simply didn't realize the unfinished state that the content was in. If I'm wrong in making this charitable assumption, than I'm wrong, but I would much rather assume the best rather than a level of incompetence.

As for content creators... there really is no good solution other than to force them to slow down. But if you do that than you need to remember that the mechanics that are used to prevent their runaway progress need to be removed once other players start trying to catch up. I have friends who played 3 and 4 times a week for hours at a time and at least a month who never maxed out their standing on the open worlds because they capped their standing when they tried to focus on it and eventually just gave up trying to catch up at such a slow pace. The mechanic that worked well to prevent runaway growth at the beginning now works to prevent legitimate catching up by newer players.

The same has happened in Emperium. I've had friends for whom waiting on their ship took so long now that it is out and exciting that they kinda gave up (especially with the "weekend gamer" groups). Perhaps the grind to get the best parts is legitimate now that this is the new thing, but I can already tell you that none of my core group of RL friends who play will grind the multiple dozens of hours it can take to catch up. They just won't. Furthermore it isn't reasonable to expect that from them, especially when talking about older content (like Cetus). They SHOULD be playing for the fun of it with "catching up" being a byproduct, but when that becomes the goal than issues arise.

Or, in more complicated terms: keeping people around longer by utilizing long periods of grind is abusing the "Sunk Cost Fallacy" which is not a good way to keep western players interested because expected returns are low due to the fact that comparative advantage is being handed over to other alternatives (with "other alternatives" being synonymous with "other games") for the goal of "fun". For those needing longer play-times for game-external reasons (like content creators) their situation is so divorced from normal play and the experiences of normal players that special note must be given to ensuring that neither focus is lost, that of normal players on "fun" and that focus geared toward those with other important factors that other types of people may have.

Back to the common speak, I understand why content creators are important for a game company. They are advertisement that gets the player base excited about what is going on and keeps a lot of behind the scenes things going... all without having to be directly paid for it. But in the end people play because the game is fun and rewarding in some way that they don't get in real life. Real life people don't get to be space ninjas, and Warframe provides that. Real life people don't get to be Space-Pirates, and Emperium should be perfect to provide for that. But real life people don't want to waste dozens of hours doing exactly the same thing over and over and over on the off chance that they will get that one thing that they need or because you have to do so to reach an arbitrary number that impedes progress, and turning the game into that will only hurt people's level of "fun" they get from it.

5 hours ago, EnderDDT said:

So I think it is fair by this point to say that DE decided to take a Christmass/New Years holiday. That is fine, everyone needs some time off. Releasing Emperium right before that break, a new game mode so large and complicated that three rounds of bug fixes only scratches the surface... that is a problem.

Look, we understand that certain people (content creators) blow through content and want more. But let's be honest: they treat gaming as a full time job because to them it is. The rest of us are not content creators and would greatly prefer that the game's grind and such was not balanced with content creators in mind. And releasing a half finished product before going off on what appears to be a two week vacation??? That can only result in negativity both from content creators and regular players alike.

Seriously, if you had just said "we have it ready but we are waiting to release till after we take our holiday vacation and will be working on checking for bugs and balancing other things (like liches) in the meantime" than everyone would have been happy. At the very least they would be a LOT happier than they are now.

As for the content creators... the more you try to give in to their idea of infinate content in an essentially linear game the worse it will be for everyone. The non content-creators won't be able to keep up and won't feel like they are moving forward. The content creators will have unrealistic expectations of what they can get out of this game and will try so hard to focus on the progression aspect of content that they will let other forms (like weapon demonstrations and mechanics discussions) fall to the way side.

Of course this is me giving DE the benefit of the doubt, assuming that they were feeling pressured by content creators to put out a rushed product rather than assuming that they simply didn't realize the unfinished state that the content was in. If I'm wrong in making this charitable assumption, than I'm wrong, but I would much rather assume the best rather than a level of incompetence.

As for content creators... there really is no good solution other than to force them to slow down. But if you do that than you need to remember that the mechanics that are used to prevent their runaway progress need to be removed once other players start trying to catch up. I have friends who played 3 and 4 times a week for hours at a time and at least a month who never maxed out their standing on the open worlds because they capped their standing when they tried to focus on it and eventually just gave up trying to catch up at such a slow pace. The mechanic that worked well to prevent runaway growth at the beginning now works to prevent legitimate catching up by newer players.

The same has happened in Emperium. I've had friends for whom waiting on their ship took so long now that it is out and exciting that they kinda gave up (especially with the "weekend gamer" groups). Perhaps the grind to get the best parts is legitimate now that this is the new thing, but I can already tell you that none of my core group of RL friends who play will grind the multiple dozens of hours it can take to catch up. They just won't. Furthermore it isn't reasonable to expect that from them, especially when talking about older content (like Cetus). They SHOULD be playing for the fun of it with "catching up" being a byproduct, but when that becomes the goal than issues arise.

Or, in more complicated terms: keeping people around longer by utilizing long periods of grind is abusing the "Sunk Cost Fallacy" which is not a good way to keep western players interested because expected returns are low due to the fact that comparative advantage is being handed over to other alternatives (with "other alternatives" being synonymous with "other games") for the goal of "fun". For those needing longer play-times for game-external reasons (like content creators) their situation is so divorced from normal play and the experiences of normal players that special note must be given to ensuring that neither focus is lost, that of normal players on "fun" and that focus geared toward those with other important factors that other types of people may have.

Back to the common speak, I understand why content creators are important for a game company. They are advertisement that gets the player base excited about what is going on and keeps a lot of behind the scenes things going... all without having to be directly paid for it. But in the end people play because the game is fun and rewarding in some way that they don't get in real life. Real life people don't get to be space ninjas, and Warframe provides that. Real life people don't get to be Space-Pirates, and Emperium should be perfect to provide for that. But real life people don't want to waste dozens of hours doing exactly the same thing over and over and over on the off chance that they will get that one thing that they need or because you have to do so to reach an arbitrary number that impedes progress, and turning the game into that will only hurt people's level of "fun" they get from it.

While I agree with some of what you are saying, I believe it is fundamentally incorrect.  Allow me to explain, and hopefully offer why your statements are incorrect.

Content creators are angry because of the systems in place, the lack of content, and the inability of DE to learn from their past ventures and from other industry figures.  None of this is because they don't have a job, but because the progress DE makes is so inconsistent and difficult to be positive about within the required time to post new content.  

Stripping this back further, DE doesn't do consistent progress.  They haven't for the last several year.  If you look back about four years ago the new content was about monthly, with new weapons and frames to fill out the things on the star chart, then the dojo, and eventually to introduce seasonal events for players to participate in.  With the Second Dream, that died.  Content now comes annually, with a new open world, and a raft of release issues that often make the game unplayable for weeks after release.  With that being what is present, and people jumping onto content to be the first because otherwise they don't get views, the marketing arm of DE (content creators) are crushed between having to make positive statements and create content immediately but having huge stretches where they have to produce videos with nothing to show.  

Let's talk release state.  There was a time when exterminate missions only spawned enough enemies to meet the counter, and sometimes they spawned out of bounds.  Yep, mission failure because there weren't enough enemies to kill.  Let's talk void fissures.  Those have literally been around as long as primes, and they still occasionally fail because you get to the end before enough reactant can spawn and no more enemies are spawning.  Archwing, PoE, Fortuna, and now Railjack are more of the same.  Try selling a game as positive when that's what you're looking at.

Last point, what does it take to be a partner?  You have to have a follower base, put out videos as defined by DE's timeline, and have to meet their standards which are not officially outlined.  OK.  Let's look at the content drought periods, and ask what you talk about when there's nothing new for the last 2-3 months.  1 video a week minimum, 4 weeks in a month, I don't believe a list video will suffice for eight videos.  Moreover, you can't find anything new because even the huge new releases only have the same mechanics repeated with varying numbers and RNG.  How do you say that a 2% drop chance item is worth grinding for, when it could literally take months to get?  More poignantly, if you stop pushing the content creation to spur interest (and thus sales) how do you keep the lights on?

Let's also take a look at grind as content.  I get it with things to about the 20% drop chance.  Why, 0.80^x=chance of failing.  Let me explain.  After 10 chances you've got an 11% chance of failing.  After 20 runs you've got a 1% chance of failing.  If you're looking at this as a compounded chance, you can drop low enough to be unreasonable.  A 20% chance of dropping a relic, with a 20% chance of being the one you want, with a 20% chance of dropping the reward is a 0.8% chance that any drop will be what you want.  If you get a reward every 120-240 seconds it's still pretty much unreasonable.  Now let's go from 2-4 minutes, up to 20 at a 2% rate.  Call it 5x the investment for 2.5x extra drop chances.  That's a pretty disrespectful valuation of our time as well.  So no, grind is not content.  Grind is a means to extend content, and we're willing to endure it if what we receive in return is good.  DE's job is to push that little bit past good for their player base, so people pay rather than grind.

Now let's look at Railjack.  20-30 minutes minimum for a group of random people to clear a mission in the Veil.  2% drop rates for reactors.  The reactors random roll for flux, avionics, and buffs.  I could be getting a terrible roll on that 2% drop.  I have in fact seen plenty of Zekti III reactors with poorer performance than the Sigma III reactors, but personally got lucky and got a 98 avionics 90 flux version.  Now that you've got a good drop and roll, let's make it.  Nope.  15,000 titanium and 1440 Asterite.  Asterite drops in 6-11 bundles, boy is that a lot of flying around and figuring where the floating rocks are.  Titanium is the same, and about 2.5 times more common depending on the area.  I have spent hours playing the game mode and cannot afford a MK III shield, reactor, and engine set because of that.  You've also got 5 different weapons, each at about 1440 a piece on them as well with similar titanium requirements.  I've cleared all of the map,and did enough grinding to get the Shedu, but cannot afford to build the stuff.

What about the intrinsics?  They're similar to the already existing focus system, right?  Nope.  People are grinding and quitting the missions where you can enter a base, because stealth kills grant more affinity and more affinity means more intrinsics.  The worst way to play Railjack is to be in a Railjack.  Why exactly didn't we have something similar to what already worked in focus?  Why do intrinsics follow a simple 2^(n-1) for their requirements?  I think it's because somebody was pressed for time after two years of development and just shot something out to have an actual content release this year.  People already earning level 10 in something "that should take months" according to the developers shows that they didn't develop and test the systems.

I realize that your statements go both ways here.  You say some grind is good, but grind walls aren't.  The simplest retort is that this is inductive logic, and why people say some games are great while others are garbage.  If you just suggest that DE shouldn't be beholden to content creators, while they literally provide the hype that sells crap in game so that it can keep going on, it's a bit difficult to follow the logical thread through.

As a final comment, let me address the fantasy.  I bought in during movement 1.0, there being no prime vault, and operators not existing.  With every subsequent update we seem to be moving farther away from that core, and the fix to problems is always the same.  Railjack is Starfox.  Old Blood is Shadow of Mordor.  PoE and Fortuna are Farcry.  The last two revelations were the Second Dream and Archwing.  None of this makes me a better space ninja, and more importantly none of this is why I bought into the game five years ago.  DE chases trends like the rest of the industry, and just like them have failed to remember that there is a point where you've strayed so far from what you are selling that your core audience no longer wants it. 

They've failed to polish out bugs until years later, and often reintroduced bugs with patching.  Their year of bug stomping stopped because they couldn't commit to it, and it decreased sales because they couldn't bang out bug fixes and content.  They maintain this is a game in beta so their never accountable for a finished and working product due to the legal loop-holes in the software leasing industry.  I appreciate that you want to put this kindly, but I have problems in saying to forget the content creators rather than to have the developers act like a bunch of grown ups who are releasing a product which should warrant spending money rather than one that assumes we'll spend money if they make the grind too insane for adults with other responsibilities.  I want to spend money because a thing is awesome, not be forced to because 2-3 months of grind to get it is required (Looking at you Braton and Lato Vandals, let alone Unbral Formas).

Can we get a UI rework?

1. Everytime someone collects the empyrean ressources, this god damn pop-in which tells me what was collected is in the way, eating my screen. Reserve that for Avionics, Weapons and the other stuff - not a pustrel booger, which should go into the lower screen area, where usually Rubedo, Energy and Health LOOT is. Exception: When someone refines. I want to see if some brain-afk mate just ZERO'D my workbenches, while I have an empty Omni.

2. That mission end screen is annoying between Railjack missions. Have it show on Drydock return, with all cumulative results. Have the event infobox slide-in on the right say something like "Mission completed, Account updated" - this won't interrupt the flow. If someone wants to know that "supreme data of progress and damage bragging rights", he can access the ESC menu -> "Last mission results" on his own. 

3. Have any completed mission submit the data to the account to get rid of the need to return to the drydock. Some people leave the team before they even get to the drydock. Or in other words: When the UI shows "Return to Railjack", this acts as a normal extraction. Everything collected up to this point is saved, even if the next mission fails. And I don't want to play 3 hours railjack with unsaved loot in the buffer, just to accidentally fail the next one and lose everything.

Btw, "Return to Railjack" should not require intrinsics. I managed to fall out-of-bounds during Railjack, because the Crewship decided to despawn while I was on it.

Couldn't even deploy my archwing, which makes no sense during Railjack, so: Mission aborted.

It's been two weeks, over the holiday season.  It's about time to review some of the further shenanigans, and what Railjack needs.

1) Rewards suck

Let's talk this one out in simple terms.  I have 100+ forma and 100+ forma bps.  I get Trachons in 6-10 bundles from random drops.  Despite this the highest level missions have an abundance of forma bps and 15 trachon drops as an end of mission reward.  That sucks hard for two reasons.  Remove the forma bps, because anyone already capable of doing missions where the enemies have stupidly high armor and health already have access to forma bps.  If you want to keep Trachons you should add Asterite and buff the amount to 100 of each.  Again, 1000 units of titanium drop and you need 15,000.  Why exactly do I need 1440/1660 of the other resources and get almost 1/100th (15) the reward?  

2) The host leaving leaves you with their Railjack

This sucks in public missions.  You complete the event in the veil, and the host punches out.  You're stuck with a basic Railjack...in no way capable of completing the mission.  You have to park it, fly out in archwing, and hope that you don't get wiped by the "projectiles no longer lock onto archwings" which actually seem to do so quite easily.  Completing these missions after the host leaves absolutely sucks.  It can be done, but I believe your comments were "it is possible but not optimized for that."

3) The economy is stupid. 

Costs are insanely high.  Put simply this is like Vauban Prime all over again.  1440 of a rare resource, with 8 weapons and 3 components using it, means that the grind is miserable.  If the stuff dropped at 10x the current rate it'd be reasonable to build and test weapons, but right now it's too high of an investment.  Your "solution" of a 50 platinum rush repair is paying for power, and not convenience.  After listening to the old interviews about the fur colors, and seeing Lich trading and now rush repair, I think you've either forgotten about predatory transactions or need a refresher on your own public statements.  The simplest solution here is to halve all resource costs, but that doesn't address a lot of this. 

Data doesn't display.  I have a weapons that does 4400 damage (rounded), and another of the same at 6600 from a different house.  The 4400 damage variant lists damage as being boosted by about 50%.  Is that 50% in the 4400 value, or is it added on later.  I can't afford to build and test, and the UI is not showing any of the bonuses until I actually build it.  Yep, I think that sums up the data being a grab-bag of broken, because it extends to avionics (the mods themselves), and reactors occasionally being switched and having to re-equip what is already there to get an accurate read on capacity.  What a joke. 

You don't want to waste resources on MK I and MK II gear because of the associated grind.  This has been touched on twice, but costs are too high to experiment.  Want titanium or Asterite, go back to earth and solo farm for the greatest yields.  I would like to share that now, as if you do that you can get between 1000-2500 titanium and 50-120 Asterite in about an hour run farming everything.  No angering other players.  Thing is, if you've spent anything on MK I and MK II parts you're going to find a huge grind wall.  So, there's no opportunity to experiment with lower cost weapons, and choose what you want to equip and upgrade towards.. 

Idiotic RNG is pretty detrimental to the experience.  Once you get to a high level any reactor not providing in excess of 95 avionics capacity is garbage, because the avionics are expensive.  Certain shields are garbage because they may recharge quickly, but instantly evaporate in combat because enemy swarming means dodging projectiles is a no-go.  Having a different avionic variant for each house is silly cluttering of the UI, and even worse at mission end when I received 3+ of the same avionic which were all listed separately despite being the exact same (house and all).  I get the need for RNG to extend the content, but RNG on everything makes this DOA for people who want something better than a gatcha game.

-edit-

Forgot to add that all items need to be a group collection and group reward.  The fact that the away party gets stuff that the people inside the Railjack do not is pretty annoying.  This will prevent the rush to go kill commanders/destroy objectives which often leaves a Railjack with a pilot and mechanic to prevent mission failures.

Additionally, the fractional percentage drops for avionics is utterly crap.  0.1% and 0.05% means 1 in 1000 and 5 in 10000 drop the avionic.  Let's assume that the relatively rare enemies that drop some of these are 1 in 10 ships.  90 ships per mission means 9 ships per run.  Let's round to 10 for easy math.  1000/10 = 100 missions.  30 minutes missions means 50 hours to farm 1 mod on average.  I will not be playing 100 runs of Railjack as it stands, because by about 50 of the high level missions I'll be burnt out on garbage high MK rolls, there won't be anybody left (seriously, the random groups outside of the event are basically 1-5 at most in the Veil now), and any more dirac will be a waste as all grid slots and basic mods will be maxed.  This is another reason the tactical suit and sensor package makes so much more sense than RNG crap.  

-edit-

4) Enemy AI and scaling are broken.

Enemies on crafts scale to the moon.  To make them new you added a new color pallet of the same enemies, and gave them even more armor and health than their PoE variants.  What exactly are we supposed to learn from this?  The enemy carriers are actually significantly more durable than a Railjack, and with the internal shields they require boarding to kill.  We get murdered in a small fraction of the time because our ship has at most about a 1/15th the health (60,000 versus 4,000).  I see why the Sentients pounded the Orokin to paste, if the Grineer can barely string a sentence together but manage to outpace archwings with basic cutters and Railjacks with carriers.  

Your AI is terrible.  I don't say this without cause, because it's rather apparent why you've scaled ships like you have.  If the cutters were the equal of archwings they'd be a challenge 1v1, but that'd require a good AI.  It's far easier to have a bad AI and simply send half a dozen crafts at once.  It demonstrates all of the shortcomings of the regular AI, with a sprinkling of the faults inherent to your half-baked new damage conversion system. 

Speaking of the new damage system, when you bug out and get to use a regular primary weapon in space it's clear that Opticor and Opticor Vandal completely outclass every archgun.  Once shots of the enemies, nearly hitscan, and none of the fighting for which elements actually work. It was refreshing to get a bug which let me actually feel like a mobile death machine, chasing down cutters and picking them off while dodging through a hail of covering fire.  You know, the fantasy you sold us before all enemy projectiles became auto-targetting and so high damage that invincibility was the only hope to survive anything more than splash-fire.

Now that we've touched on the rest, the last subheading for this topic is the spawning and responses.  It's cool that a pot shot on one is functionally kicking the hornet's nest, but my problem is that enemies have spawned behind me, creating a cross-fire that shredded my ship until I turned tail and boosted away long enough to deal with repairs.  Ships have also spawned so far away that I had to spend 4-5 minutes flying around to find the last few fighters to kill just to end a mission.  All of the little niggling spawn issues you have normally, but so much worse given how quickly a ship can be shredded to ribbons without cheese tactics (particle ram apparently being a favorite, but one I have not had the luck of seeing, while phoenix trail has a constant power draw making it worthless).

5) No feedback and nothing to do but exterminates.

Feedback is simple.  I have three powers indicated by visual boxes alone.  I don't have the avionics, so I don't know how they work.  They all consume energy, so using them will requires expending resources and I might use something stupid.  Forge time is limited, and resources have to be harvested.  That means me figuring out a thing is actively hurting the team.

x fighters, y carriers, maybe a disable or kill.  x = 30, 60, or 90.  7 = 2, 4, or 6.  Quantity is set by world and not along a progression curve.  What?  You have the quantities of things to kill, fighter levels, and enemy levels.  Despite this, instead of a regular progression you locked quantities and only vary enemy levels.  You've also placed huge entry barriers by having sponge enemies instead of a good experience, and severely underpowering equipment so that there's no creep but plenty of room for future content to make what we have no entirely irrelevant due to power creep.  Sigh.

I've got plenty of complaints, but it's pretty stupid of me to level them without some form of response.  Let's touch on this.  

1) Immediately halve the price of everything in resource costs. 

This seems like a lot, but the later suggestions are going to make up for it.  Trust me, I want there to be healthy grind to reward people but not the current level of garbage RNG that is dragging this mode from good to bad.

2) Add two components to the main ship systems.  Increase default item slots by 4.

The five components will now by shield, engine, reactor, tactical suite, and internal sensor package.  We can touch on the shields, engines, and reactors shortly.  The tactical suite will be your three combat abilities. The internal sensors will be your support abilities.  This removes them from the Avionics menu, but that's not a bad thing.  What this allows though is for a player to have MK 0 to MK III components which you can balance like archwing powers.  That halved resources now covers 5 items instead of 3, meaning that the overall cost of everything is now slightly less but each bit is much cheaper and easier to justify experimenting with. This also allows for initial research only from a clan, with later drop opportunities from the corpus missions (hint-content path with minimal effort).  As another bonus, powers can be matched such that you've got primarily defensive, long range, and short range tactical options.  Likewise, the internal sensors can complement the avionics (if you use fire damage reduction you can focus on things like breach quanta).  Synergy win, while promoting new play styles to extend content.

Slot increase is relatively simple.  Release 3 tactical suites and 3 internal sensor packages and only 4 slots.  This will either drive slot purchase, or experimentation and selling off content once worked with.

3) Remove the RNG from Reactors. 

Give them a total capacity, which is RNG.  Allow users to tune between flux and avionics.  RNG will still exist as the total value and bonuses, but in tuning every single one can be useful.  This can be a simple bar, setting the values to the sides or somewhere in the middle.

4) Remove the RNG from shields.

Give them a total value.  Tune them with a triangle, which has an RNG total value.  Capacity, recharge delay, and recharge rate will list out.  Again, user tuning with a random bonus.

5) Remove the RNG from engines.

Same as above.  Simple bar between standard speed and boost value.  Again, user tuning with a random bonus.

6) The houses can have relative value pools for their overall total based upon their resource cost.  

Think of this as Sigma being a 100, Lavan being 110-130, Vidar being 130-150, and Zetki being 150-170.

7) Rebuild the rewards system.

Kill forma bps, they dilute the tables.  Increase the rare rewards by a factor of 5 (assuming halved costs).  

8 ) Change how the intrinsics are rewarded. 

This one is a pretty shoddy system being fixed, because it was simply linked to the affinity system which can be abused by stealth killing. Scrap that, and make objectives reward.  1-2-4 for the primary objectives, 1-2-4 for the secondary.  This means the basic missions reward 2-8 intrinsics, and the advanced reward 6-16.  You've got a requirement of 1024 intrinsics in 5 disciplines, or 5120 total required.  That's a minimum of 321 missions and about 161 hours of the game mode simply to get all of the bonuses (more than that as you have to clear Earth and Saturn before being able to get 16 per mission).  This gives player a clear progression, where more challenging missions are directly offering a better reward.  It also stomps out the discrepancy between player rewards and intrinsic earnings.  This will fix your obvious screwup that has allowed people to grind to max level in a few weeks.

9) Change Veil Proxima to Sedna Proxima.

This is a lore and progression fix.  Keep the red blip showing up.  This allows for the introduced Corpus missions to mirror those of the Grineer, and it allows for the Veil to be introduced later as a higher level source for our fourth faction to create a launching pad from.

10) Rescale the enemies in all the areas.

Instead of cranking up everything at once crank up fighter levels, then quantities, then enemy levels.  The logic here is to get used to enemy responses, make them a threat, increase how long they're a threat, and finally to make boarding dangerous.  Introduce the fighter count increase outpacing the carriers so that people get a good opportunity to know the movement system, then have more carriers so player learn they are priority targets.  

None of the above is rocket science, it's basic escalation.  You've got about 25 nodes, which right now are just a mess.  If you can do all of this then you've got a fighting chance to make the player experience match rewards and skills, as new gear can actually be obtained and put to use.  

11) Package the entire thing as "Empyrean Shakedown Flight."

You released this as a mess.  People spent two weeks with nothing in the way of information and changes coming back.  It's time for a Mea Culpa.  Instead of pushing out some incremental garbage, and claiming that everything will be better when the companion stuff for other factions arrives, it's time for damage control.  It's time to pull a No Man's Sky or whatever number Final Fantasy required a complete rebuild.  Communicate this, then take another pass at this with about a month of fixes.  Right now you've poisoned a lot of people from playing the content until there's a litany of patches, and the damage done by streamers showing this buggy mess will be felt for a long time.  Take the knee, accept the community giving you a pass with expectations of a lot of changes, and finally learn from this.  Barring that, best of luck with the two significant content patches for about 3/4 of 2019 being utter garbage. 

Let's pin this to some steam numbers.  It's currently only possible to get MR 28, and 1.5% of players have that.  1.4% of players have the steam achievement for MR 29 and 30.  0.3% have the achievement for piloting a Grineer carrier.  0.5% have killed 100 enemies in Railjack.  0.8% have built a Railjack.  If those values aren't alarming, then you're far more optimistic than I am.

I look forward to the defense that I don't know how to design games.  I don't understand the intricacies of programming AI, so my assumptions about throwing enemy quantity at it are wrong.  I also look forward to people saying to leave because it's free to play and DE shouldn't be held accountable to releasing a complete product because it's beta.  To all of these points, I suggest you get some self respect.  Right now DE is selling prime packs, unvaulted prime packs, multiple started bundles, and platinum bundles for real world money.  If they expect us to fork over real money then they are expected to deliver a product worth paying money for.  DE is not the little indie that could, they're the company that has been moving toward mobile games style monetization for years, but staying just far enough away to not get flak.  

I don't have any qualms with them monetizing.  I do have a problem when they invent a problem in their game and try to sell us a fix.  Let me expound, with the Xiphos.  This ship has a fractional percentage chance to drop a piece from a high level mission if you get all three caches.  There are three parts which all have to be obtained.  Mathematically, it's easier to get a minimum wage job and earn the money to buy the most expensive platinum pack, then purchase it with platinum, than it is to earn through game play drops.  To be clear, that's at 8.25 USD.  Right now the Zekti Hull Weave avionic is on the market (warframe market, unaffiliated with DE) for a minimum of 69 platinum, but buying the pack of Zekti avionics gives 1000 dirac, credits, and 4 avionics for 65 platinum (apparently nobody of warframe market checked?).  This is a repeat from the Kuva Lich pack that asked for 800+ platinum for all of the requiem mods, an armor set, and some other stuff so you didn't have to RNG farm for relics, RNG farm for the requiem mods, and then RNG farm for murmurs and mod order.

In short, stop being EA DE.  It's a bad look, and it's actively making this game garbage.  People leave garbage and don't come back.  The easiest way to go from unpolished to garbage is to monetize broken systems.

1 hour ago, master_of_destiny said:

It's been two weeks, over the holiday season.  It's about time to review some of the further shenanigans, and what Railjack needs.

You didn't mention that Railjack / Empirean was / is the first chance to do something with Arch-Melee.
It was not used.
What the hell are players supposed to do with a whole weapon category like Arch-Melee?
Do we have to ask about usage statistics? No, because why and where would we use it? So we can know (without guessing) that it is far-far beyond zero - 0.001%?
The entire Arch-Melee package is useless.
I have all Arch-Melee for 2-3 years. Form them, I collected all existing mods - and for what?

5 hours ago, FunYourself said:

You didn't mention that Railjack / Empirean was / is the first chance to do something with Arch-Melee.
It was not used.
What the hell are players supposed to do with a whole weapon category like Arch-Melee?
Do we have to ask about usage statistics? No, because why and where would we use it? So we can know (without guessing) that it is far-far beyond zero - 0.001%?
The entire Arch-Melee package is useless.
I have all Arch-Melee for 2-3 years. Form them, I collected all existing mods - and for what?

I missed several things.  Most notably that 2/3 archwings absolutely suck.  The invisibility of Itzal is ignored by the enemy.  Everything but two archguns are useless because the game mode so heavily favors status.  Arch melee is still terrible after some ancient changes (there was a time when it was king, near the beginning and before you got damage from impacting walls).  There are several other things I've touched on as well, but I'd written a page already and DE is never going to properly acknowledge any of this anyways because I must be a hater if I cannot offer unquestioned praise.

So we are clear, back when archwing started and there was only one dual stat mod (heat), melee was king.  You could lock onto an enemy, slice and dice, and then the minor dash of melee allowed you to chain together the kill fiesta.  This effectively allowed you to be Saryn in space, riding a wave of death until there was no enemy near you.  I miss that, but they tweaked the experience and made sure that melee kills provided scans and thus were much harder to do.

I also remember a time about a year ago when the arch-gun launcher and Profit Taker were introduced.  A time when people said that arch-guns kinda sucked.  Their damage output was outpaced by most decent primary weapons, so why exactly did they require a special launcher and ammo for something objectively worse than what we already had.  This was ignored, and right now there are three good arch-guns on missions.  Kuva Ayanga (boom stick), the Imperator Vandal (bullet hose), and the Cyngas (status dealer).  The double pistols are garbage, the shotgun is a whiffle bat, the fluctus is great but the projectile is slow as to be useless, the Grattler deals self damage, the critical on the Phaedra is too low to outpace the Soma Prime, the Velocitus is charge but still isn't a hitscan or highly damaging, and the Larkspur is fun but deals low damage without crit or murderous self damage.

So yes, I've written several pages of feedback and won't ever get DE to even acknowledge they exist.  I'm part of the 0.5% actually testing and running this mess, but that doesn't matter.  I've also not touched on a lot of what I see as minor issues.  Minor in the fact that number tweaks could fix them, not in the lack of importance to be absolutely clear.  If by March we see a rebuild of the Lich system to be interactive and less painfully grindy, and Railjack getting a full rework to actually be fun (or having extra crew so it can be enjoyed solo) then I'll apologize.  I doubt it, because it'll be late January before DE even admits this was a mess that can't just be fixed with another hotfix providing minor rate changes so that there are a few more of the best rewards. 

That's their MO, and why it took a year in PoE to not have to grind for fish, strip them, create bait for the next fish, repeat twice, and grind for the ultra rare fish needed to purchase the zaw arcanes.  Because triple, quadruple, quintuple, and sextuple layered grind is what they experiment with to try and squeeze content to the breaking point.  Hopefully the lack of participation in the Lich and Railjack systems makes it clear that this is not a viable game design decision.

So when we join randoms railjack missions, we get none of the drops we picked up if they don't Refine or whatever? Just got epically skanked and received nothing for a full mission according to mission progress at the end  (~1800 credits and that is all)

Digital Extremes we, the PS4 people, are suffering the shortest straw. We have a Railjack alpha version that is extremely bugged and hard to play. We lost time due to glitches, freezing and lack of good performance. We lost rewards due to these bugs. 

We understand that you placed an effort to deliver Railjack however there is a clear message. When you deliver a product that is faulty and incomplete you are insulting your community who served your salary. Treat your costumers with respect giving a fair delivery. 

Gives us an updated version of Railjack that is more stable, fair with the grinding and entertaining. Don't mistreat your community with unplayable betas. 

DE please. Do one thing for solo players.
Let us fly the Empyrean missions without Railjack, only by Archwing.
For many of us, Railjack is just a child to watch over and hide from enemies and after do all what we must to do in mission with by Archwing so... Just help us and let us play Railjack missions without Railjack.
Even after fix all problems, then if solo player earn 2-3 points of Intrinsics from hardest mission on Veil Proxima (Ruse War Field) after 40-60 minuts fighting in Archwing (Railjack will be burn after 10 minuts) then we can't earn enough points to max Command skill (not existing already) in 2020 year.
Just let us play in solo mode without Railjack - add some option like that?
We are solo players. You don't know many bugs etc. from speed-runners in missions. You know that from us. We inform Admins (or old Guides) and they inform you. Speed-runners don't see any difference in mission even if you add Jabba the Hutt instead Stalker :)
We are proud solo players, we don't need help. Just don't disturb us.
Maybe we need year or two to take enough points for Intrinsics skills, maybe you need two or more years to fix Railjack/Empyrean.
Please just don't disturb us. Let us play without that small, helpless children like Railjack when he is in solo mode.

vor 22 Stunden schrieb master_of_destiny:

2) The host leaving leaves you with their Railjack

This sucks in public missions.  You complete the event in the veil, and the host punches out.  You're stuck with a basic Railjack...in no way capable of completing the mission.  You have to park it, fly out in archwing, and hope that you don't get wiped by the "projectiles no longer lock onto archwings" which actually seem to do so quite easily.  Completing these missions after the host leaves absolutely sucks.  It can be done, but I believe your comments were "it is possible but not optimized for that."

Not as bad as me sending an incomplete Railjack into the Void. No kidding. Somehow I was able to board a non-finished railjack (2 parts of 6) and take it on a mission.

Result: The Railjack entered the "Void Travel" and never loaded into the mission. I exited out of it.. It may still fly into who-knows-where without a pilot...

This may be replicable and it's funny as hell.

On 2019-12-20 at 4:06 PM, AvPCelticPredator said:

@[DE]Megan Buff the archwings and weapons to be competitive against enemies in open space! How to make archwing weapons to be good if we have base Crit chance 5-10, or base Status 5-10? Or if u don't want to buff archwing weapons, then make their rivens to have strong disposition then we will be satisfied!

Make the decision!!!!!! 🤔

I have a kuva arkgun with the crit chance mod it has 70% crit chance.

Who thought it was a good idea to launch Empyrean before the studio was scheduled to take an >2-week vacation? Also, just pointing it out, but this is one of if not the most buggy and poorly balanced updates ever. To give credit where its due, a lot of the subsequent hotfixes/updates made good progress. Still though, a major update SHOULD NOT release so broken in the first place, particularly if you won't have sufficient time to fix the issues. I played many hours of Empyrean after launch, and I feel like my hype was punished, I essentially wasted hours beta testing a flawed product. And there have been some questionable design decisions, like pushing excessive grind (bypassed through plat) and increasing randomness. Many people are upset with how random and expensive rivens are, and rather than these systems being made more accessible, we're just getting more of the same. Warframe is my most played MMO, I truly want it to succeed, but I'm really worried about this current direction.

On 2020-01-05 at 12:40 AM, NoSpax said:

Can we get a UI rework?

1. Everytime someone collects the empyrean ressources, this god damn pop-in which tells me what was collected is in the way, eating my screen. Reserve that for Avionics, Weapons and the other stuff - not a pustrel booger, which should go into the lower screen area, where usually Rubedo, Energy and Health LOOT is. Exception: When someone refines. I want to see if some brain-afk mate just ZERO'D my workbenches, while I have an empty Omni.

2. That mission end screen is annoying between Railjack missions. Have it show on Drydock return, with all cumulative results. Have the event infobox slide-in on the right say something like "Mission completed, Account updated" - this won't interrupt the flow. If someone wants to know that "supreme data of progress and damage bragging rights", he can access the ESC menu -> "Last mission results" on his own. 

3. Have any completed mission submit the data to the account to get rid of the need to return to the drydock. Some people leave the team before they even get to the drydock. Or in other words: When the UI shows "Return to Railjack", this acts as a normal extraction. Everything collected up to this point is saved, even if the next mission fails. And I don't want to play 3 hours railjack with unsaved loot in the buffer, just to accidentally fail the next one and lose everything.

Btw, "Return to Railjack" should not require intrinsics. I managed to fall out-of-bounds during Railjack, because the Crewship decided to despawn while I was on it.

Couldn't even deploy my archwing, which makes no sense during Railjack, so: Mission aborted.

Not to mention while you're forging supplies (e.g. dome charges,etc) the prompt will reset if you've got incoming loot. A bit annoying.

Archived