[DE]Megan

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.8

I know you are going to be on holidays, and I wish you a very merry Christmas. But it is time for a little bit of a reality check. You've said it before, and I'll say it again: You put way to much on your plate DE. Before publishing Old Blood, Empyrean, and "soon" the New War, one after another, why not take a break from developing new things and just take a month or two for the mother of all hotfixes. Like, try and go through all the feed back and fix as many bugs as you possibly can, re-balance the things that need it, optimize everything, etc. Subnautica(another game I like), had an update called "A flood of dead bugs", which featured over a thousand insect corpses, and the addition of the floodlight. Something similar would be incredibly satisfying, at least for me, if no one else, if done on Warframe. Also, your commenting program for the forums should have "Warframe" in its dictionary, because I'm getting the red squiggle underneath it when I type it here on your website.

15 minutes ago, Arancino said:

Thanks for the hotfix.

Warframe's last Devstream showed percentages about the use of archwings and as expected, Amesha was at the first place. Thus, are there changes for other archwings (besides the modular archwing system) to make them more usable for Railjack?

I mean, if you actually paid attention to that part of the dev stream Scott was quite clear in saying that every Archwing was going to get a major balance pass, including nerfs, buffs, changes and what nots.

Not limited to but potentially including that the currently Archwings might get broken down and remade into possible "pre-mades" of the new modular system to let people keep them, but making a modular archwing the new standard and base.

18 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Non-Elite Exo Fighters unable to spawn in Veil Proxima.

Still not seeing any 😅

18 minutes ago, Senguash said:

Thanks for the hotfix!

Still hoping for critical chance on slide attack to receive a similar treatment to crit chance so it makes sense comparatively.

Sacrificial Steel = 220%
CC on rivens = 180%
Maiming Strike = 150%
Slide CC on rivens = 90%

The first 2 applies on all attacks and gets 2x on heavy attacks.

The latter 2 forces you to slide exclusively.

This makes no sense.

Just because railjack released does not mean it's suddenly not an issue.

Let the spin to win meta die man, just let it die

14 minutes ago, Arancino said:

Thanks for the hotfix.

While still talking about formas, 24 hours for an item which gets used multiple times each day, any planned revisit for foundry crafting time of commonly used items? I think 1 hour should be ok.

I think a good way to start 2020 is by not making another mainline with new things. Please check the feedback users gave and try to rework or fix what is already present in the game, as a player I would love to see things I already know getting reworked and updated rather than new things. And at the end of that, wish you good holidays.

This...oh gawds soooo much THIS ^! 
That being said I am glad [DE] Steve & [DE] Scott addressed the elephant HERD in the room.🤘

Try to fix a few of the things broken B4 y'all just vanish for the Hole-EE-Daze to catch up on your rest, and come back fresh to hammer out the jagged edges.

Thank you for your efforts and accomplishments.

~Shemarria; Tenno 4th Deth-fairy Airborne. "Death from all angles."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, I.V.A.R.A said:

PLEASE add a keybinding for Omni Tool! I'm begging you! 🙂

That's not a true fix, but you can leave an empty slot in the first 12 ones in your wheel and add bind to it. Each time you get in a RJ, the Omni will be on that slot.

It seems the bug where peoples weapons and archwing sometimes are unmodded when loading into aCrewship, enemy structure, or when loading back into the Railjack. Or going into space. Not sure whats causing it.

22 minutes ago, -EGT-theunknown said:

Could we have more then 30 slots for Blueprints please?

XdxHtdw.png

could you make it so that we can put resources into the forge so that we dont have to go out and collect them

20 minutes ago, Arancino said:

Thanks for the hotfix.

Warframe's last Devstream showed percentages about the use of archwings and as expected, Amesha was at the first place. Thus, are there changes for other archwings (besides the modular archwing system) to make them more usable for Railjack? If Amesha is used by over 70% of the people in not even two weeks since the release, means there isn't balance with other archwings and in a gamemode which puts player's cooperation and movement at the first place, I think it's pretty needed. 

De-grindification for Railjack contruction parts! By.... doubling items obtained at the end of the mission. Now, this is a problem which happens everytime on every patch, there is no proper testing and for sure a lot of people have "thrown" their resources after hours and hours of farming for their railjack parts, I think it would be needed to run a script which doubles all the resources spent by those players, I know a lot of people not even attempting railjack due to it's "grindness" but the rest of the other players which played it? What about who farmed hours to get their first items repaired? Reward who actually had to pay and farm for things that got semplified. (Still waiting for a possible "item-rng conversion")

The Anomaly node. Letting people wait around 2-3 hours without any way to predict when this node happens. Please add a "Time" variable in worldstate for developers and players to predict when an anomaly is going to appear. 

Once again, the refine button. Consider about "autorefining" resources before going to the drydock since most people forgets to do it and that's a potential loss of resources. 

Skirmish rewards, ayy this again. Like, seriously, a forma blueprint with 2.50% chance? Most people are out there trying to get Vidar reactors and parts for a mission which doesn't properly last "5 minutes". If you wanted to "de-grindify" costruction parts, you should reconsider about at least making that forma built for that low percentage.

While still talking about formas, 24 hours for an item which gets used multiple times each day, any planned revisit for foundry crafting time of commonly used items? I think 1 hour should be ok.

I think a good way to start 2020 is by not making another mainline with new things. Please check the feedback users gave and try to rework or fix what is already present in the game, as a player I would love to see things I already know getting reworked and updated rather than new things. And at the end of that, wish you good holidays.

fully agreed. and what DE should also think about: instead of nerfing stuff thats used more than other, rather take the time and rework those wich are less used to bring more balance into the game. nerfs only bring grief and huge backlash vs DE. hope they wake up and do it right in the future

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Senguash said:

Thanks for the hotfix!

Still hoping for critical chance on slide attack to receive a similar treatment to crit chance so it makes sense comparatively.

Sacrificial Steel = 220%
CC on rivens = 180%
Maiming Strike = 150%
Slide CC on rivens = 90%

This makes no sense.

Stop repasting this. And no, I'm glad spin2win is dead. Now play the game like the rest of us. And you're not forced to slide... You freaking want it. DE should do the buff you want the same day they nerf spamming slide attacks and slide attacks being mobile

can you please increase the crew ships chance to drop parts since outside of mission reward they are the only way to get laven and vidar parts

21 minutes ago, Arancino said:

Thanks for the hotfix.

Warframe's last Devstream showed percentages about the use of archwings and as expected, Amesha was at the first place. Thus, are there changes for other archwings (besides the modular archwing system) to make them more usable for Railjack? If Amesha is used by over 70% of the people in not even two weeks since the release, means there isn't balance with other archwings and in a gamemode which puts player's cooperation and movement at the first place, I think it's pretty needed. 

De-grindification for Railjack contruction parts! By.... doubling items obtained at the end of the mission. Now, this is a problem which happens everytime on every patch, there is no proper testing and for sure a lot of people have "thrown" their resources after hours and hours of farming for their railjack parts, I think it would be needed to run a script which doubles all the resources spent by those players, I know a lot of people not even attempting railjack due to it's "grindness" but the rest of the other players which played it? What about who farmed hours to get their first items repaired? Reward who actually had to pay and farm for things that got semplified. (Still waiting for a possible "item-rng conversion")

The Anomaly node. Letting people wait around 2-3 hours without any way to predict when this node happens. Please add a "Time" variable in worldstate for developers and players to predict when an anomaly is going to appear. 

Once again, the refine button. Consider about "autorefining" resources before going to the drydock since most people forgets to do it and that's a potential loss of resources. 

Skirmish rewards, ayy this again. Like, seriously, a forma blueprint with 2.50% chance? Most people are out there trying to get Vidar reactors and parts for a mission which doesn't properly last "5 minutes". If you wanted to "de-grindify" costruction parts, you should reconsider about at least making that forma built for that low percentage.

In regards to forma and maybe other item build times why isn't there a perk tied to mastery rank? Like if you mastery rank 15 15% of the build time is decreased or a daily option to remove 15hour build time from 1 thing once every 3 days or 1 week.

21 minutes ago, Senguash said:

Thanks for the hotfix!

Sacrificial Steel = 220%
CC on rivens = 180%
Maiming Strike = 150%
Slide CC on rivens = 90%

This makes no sense.

The first one is a primed mod that has an unorthodox polarity and requires you to go through a lengthy quest chain to get and is a multiplicative buff.

Maiming Strike is a R5 mod, 7 cap mod with an additive buff and can be gotten from anyone once you have enough plat.

Also, I have no idea why you have to bring Rivens into the equation considering that Rivens can vary wildly in their values.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Railjack Changes & Fixes:

• Fixed screen turning completely black when inside a Blackhole, forever searching for that guy from that space movie with the books.

There are patch notes, and then there are patch notes with humour. Please don't change.

Now we just need the "Elite Kosma Cutters" to spawn, because currently I don't think any "Elite Kosma" fighters do spawn

Thank you for the fixes.

When can we expect a fix for those of us on Controller? "Move down" is still permanently bound to X/Square regardless of where you rebind it. Vector Maneuver and Drift do not work, only boost works.

30 minutes ago, Dr_Solus said:

Hi

TY for the fix.

Could you fix the bug that occurs where archwing weapons glitch out when player is shot out of torpedo tube?

If you use the slingshot but don't hit a crew ship, you are left with your regular weapons and not AW weapons.

I've just had this. My Fulmin's a fine weapon, but 20 yards isn't going to cut it against fighters. I had to teleport back to ship and then drop out of a regular hatch. Trouble is, doing that kited the fighters back to the Raijack, which is what I was trying to avoid by shooting myself across the map to them to start with

23 minutes ago, Coyote8004 said:

Would it be great if the railjack only required 2,000,000 credits instead of 6,000,00 credits?

but getting Credits is like, really easy?
at the point where you build the Railjack Credits shouldn't be a problem anymore for any normal player.

I am really ...don't know what word to use - numb may be, after the short experience I had with Empyrean. 

I tried the 1st next to the Free Flight mission solo. Oh boy. I got black screens, I got stuck, I was floating in space without objectives, markers and no options to return home. I went archwing and I lost my ship 😄 I was even unable to abort missions - "Can not abort mission that is already completed"  (or something like that), with the only option to Alt+F4 the game.

I was thinking, Ok... may be I am not doing things correctly and I am crashing the game. So I started to play public. I use that upper right corner menu icon to pick  mission, only Earth as I am new an inexperienced and for my surprise - nothing change.

From probably 10 missions I tried, I was able to complete 1 (ONE) successfully, by returning home without any fookups. All the others were Abort/Alt+F4. Teammates stuck, navigation console unusable, most of the time you end up floating in the open space without an option to do anything but kill the game (or if you are lucky to Abort)...

Not to mention there is so little information about how things are to be done. How this game mode works. No tutorials, not even tool tips. got to go google/utube/twitch to search information for some basic stuff.

Oh, I know,  I expect something like  - you should have watched out Devstream 😄 LoL

Probably to be successful, you have to play it with friends, having voice communication, to know what can cause problems and avoid doing certain things that may crash the mission...

Anyway, I like the mode, but it is in such an early stage of development I wonder why you launched it. 

This is not a criticism, just sharing my tragic experience with Empyrean and to let you know you have a lot to fix and improve 🙂  I will continue to try to complete  my 2nd successful mission tho 🙂

Edited by Jinxxxed
typos
  • Like 1

I hope you take at least a season in 2020 to just fix things. It's ok if there is no new content IF some of the numerous things that are totally broken get fixed or revised. As Rahetalius said, "2020 should be the year of fixing".

As a player since The Silver Grove, I really feel that the game needs that. A time for fixing old persistent bugs (some that come from way before I started playing); to revise or rework mechanics that the team themselves had said that need to be revised; to get the game in a good, healthy shape. The game needs it. We, the community, need it.

They aren't comparable on purpose. The melee rework fully intended slide crits to be weaker so to kill off spin to win. 

42 minutes ago, Senguash said:

Thanks for the hotfix!

Sacrificial Steel = 220%
CC on rivens = 180%
Maiming Strike = 150%
Slide CC on rivens = 90%

This makes no sense.