Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarbleSodaFox

Shedu Bug (Can't shoot anymore.)

Recommended Posts

I'm here to address an issue that it's been happening to me recently with the new sentient weapon the Shedu.

I already made a post about this in the Rebecca's post about the new hotfix but I figured it'd be better to make a post by itself now since I gathered evidence and figured how it happens.
The issue about the Shedu is that it stops working completely, you can't shoot even though the clip is full, you hear a trigger sound when you try to shoot as if the weapon had an empty mag.

How does this happen?

This happens when you're trying to shoot when the ammo is regenerating, it hits a point where it just stops working.

  • In the first clip I took the Shedu was already bugged.
  • In the second clip is when I went to the simulacrum to show how it happens and when the Shedu stops working, you can hear me click my mouse and the trigger of the Shedu responding but it doesn't shoot at all.

 

I would like this bug to be fixed as soon as possible because the only way to get the Shedu working again is by aborting/extracting the mission or in the simulacrum by swapping guns and equip back the Shedu, this can be really annoying in casual missions and it's worse when trying to do long runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Related to this:

When the Shedu is corrupted (given the reactant buff in void fissure missions) it just refuses to fire. It might have something to do with it having unlimited ammo or not needing to regenerate ammo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, first time I ever attempted to use it, it stopped working almost immediately, full magazine.

Didn't really even get a chance to use it on anything so I still don't even know what it does... unless

this is what it does, makes a clicking sound. 

What a wonderful new MR fodder we've been forced to grind behind a time gate for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shedu is really wonderful gun, when it's not jam bugged.

The bug exist since they put this weapon into the game. Currently unplayable in squad, as it will suddenly stop firing. But when I'm in solo, it worked fine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I can tell, the Shedu sometimes produces more ammo than it can hold, possibly resulting in a buffer overflow, and thus making it think it has negative ammo despite displaying 7, and therefore it can never fire as it has not been told to "reload" back to 7.

Edit:  For now put fast hands on your build, it seems to fix the issue with the reloading code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tyrrel said:

From what I can tell, the Shedu sometimes produces more ammo than it can hold, possibly resulting in a buffer overflow, and thus making it think it has negative ammo despite displaying 7, and therefore it can never fire as it has not been told to "reload" back to 7.

Edit:  For now put fast hands on your build, it seems to fix the issue with the reloading code.

Thank you very much for the info, I will try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-12-23 at 8:36 PM, Tyrrel said:

From what I can tell, the Shedu sometimes produces more ammo than it can hold, possibly resulting in a buffer overflow, and thus making it think it has negative ammo despite displaying 7, and therefore it can never fire as it has not been told to "reload" back to 7.

Edit:  For now put fast hands on your build, it seems to fix the issue with the reloading code.

Do you mean prime fast hands or regular fast hands. I tried regular fast hands and it didn't fix it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-12-25 at 6:37 AM, (XB1)Vaktalor said:

Do you mean prime fast hands or regular fast hands. I tried regular fast hands and it didn't fix it for me.

Actually scratch what i said earlier. I think i know what's the problem. It has to do what @Tyrrel said earlier before mentioning fast hands.
 

On 2019-12-23 at 8:36 PM, Tyrrel said:

From what I can tell, the Shedu sometimes produces more ammo than it can hold, possibly resulting in a buffer overflow, and thus making it think it has negative ammo despite displaying 7, and therefore it can never fire as it has not been told to "reload" back to 7.

Edit:  For now put fast hands on your build, it seems to fix the issue with the reloading code.

I think you're absolutely correct on the buffer overload part, but increasing reload speed won't fix the issue because the gun is already being told to reload too many rounds than it's suppose to without increasing magazine capacity because it's a buffer overload bug. You would have to increase the magazine capacity and that's exactly what I did.

I put on a Max rank Magazine Warp so I would have 9 rounds at a time instead of 7. The problem is fixed for me so far which means it is a buffer overflow. The game is trying put 9 rounds in the shedu when it can only hold 7 rounds resulting in it having negative ammo regardless of the UI showing it have 7 rounds.

This means DE is gonna have to fix this bug by either increasing the default magazine capacity from 7 to 9 or tell the gun to only reload 7 rounds.

I hope this works for you guys too. If the problem persists be sure to put it up on this thread or others like it and hope we can have DE see this and it gets fixed soon.

Edit: In railjack archwing to ship transitions can sometimes break the weapon too.

Edit 2: Apparently this fix doesn't work for everyone. There's so many causes for this issue like

  • Potential Buffer Overload bug which requires Magazine increase to fix.
  • Railjack transitions render the weapon unusable.
  • Attempting to reload cancel with the shedu sometimes result in the weapon being unable to be fired.
  • The weapon can sometimes get jammed when entering a public squad
  • and more..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heyo, I've seen the same bug while lvling the thing, but with me it seemed to happen everytime it got a lvl up while shooting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, (XB1)Vaktalor said:

I put on a Max rank Magazine Warp so I would have 9 rounds at a time instead of 7. The problem is fixed for me so far which means it is a buffer overflow. The game is trying put 9 rounds in the shedu when it can only hold 7 rounds resulting in it having negative ammo regardless of the UI showing it have 7 rounds.

Magazine Warp does seem to work but doing any action that could stop a reload still breaks the weapon. So far getting knocked down, going into kid mode, casting an ability, etc. while the Shedu is reloading just breaks it.

If I were to fix the weapon, i'd switch from automatic reload to manual which would give me a good excuse to add a cool looking reload animation and give Shedu a passive like the first shot after a reload has an increased AOE radius or increased damage BUT causes self-damage (no one like self-damage but you know DE would eat that up.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)bhaalshad said:

Welp.... I loaded into a public match and quess what.
From the moment I loaded in my gun was locked. Didn't even fire a shot.

Only had that happen once for me. Either it instantly stops working or you perform another action while it's in the middle of reloading and it locks up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, (XB1)BobaSoda said:

Magazine Warp does seem to work but doing any action that could stop a reload still breaks the weapon. So far getting knocked down, going into kid mode, casting an ability, etc. while the Shedu is reloading just breaks it.

Strange, seems to work fine for me. Maybe certain things work for certain people. There might be a root cause more complex than we thought. Maybe there are times the gun just bugs out entirely due to a major script error. I'm not sure what kind of error exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, (XB1)Vaktalor said:

Strange, seems to work fine for me. Maybe certain things work for certain people. There might be a root cause more complex than we thought. Maybe there are times the gun just bugs out entirely due to a major script error. I'm not sure what kind of error exactly.

It's pretty scuffed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, (XB1)BobaSoda said:

I only really get the issue when performing an action that would normally cancel a reload. Going into operator, swapping weapons, getting knocked over, etc. mid reload bugs it out.

I think there might be multiple bugs that causes the gun to stop shooting. Unfortunately I couldn't replicate this issue. Might be a thing that happens occasionally. Based on responses i've seen so far and from personal testing here's a list of causes of this particular issue.

  • Buffer Overload bug which requires Magazine increase to fix.
  • Railjack transitions render the weapon unshootable.
  • Attempting to reload cancel with the shedu sometimes result in the weapon being unable to be fired.
7 hours ago, (PS4)bhaalshad said:

Welp.... I loaded into a public match and guess what.
From the moment I loaded in my gun was locked. Didn't even fire a shot.

  • The weapon can sometimes get jammed when entering a public squad

Not sure what else there could be that causes the gun to break, but there's definitely multiple causes for the gun getting jammed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, (XB1)Vaktalor said:

I think there might be multiple bugs that causes the gun to stop shooting. Unfortunately I couldn't replicate this issue. Might be a thing that happens occasionally. Based on responses i've seen so far and from personal testing here's a list of causes of this particular issue.

  • Buffer Overload bug which requires Magazine increase to fix.
  • Railjack transitions render the weapon unshootable.
  • Attempting to reload cancel with the shedu sometimes result in the weapon being unable to be fired.
  • The weapon can sometimes get jammed when entering a public squad

Not sure what else there could be that causes the gun to break, but there's definitely multiple causes for the gun getting jammed.

Heard from someone in-game that being inflicted with a status effect also causes the weapon to jam. At this point, simply breathing is enough to break it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, (XB1)BobaSoda said:

Heard from someone in-game that being inflicted with a status effect also causes the weapon to jam. At this point, simply breathing is enough to break it.

Just recently i had encounter it break after using turrets and forward artillery in railjack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...