Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shedu Bug (Can't shoot anymore.)

MarbleSodaFox

On 2019-12-27 at 7:47 AM, (PS4)bhaalshad said:

Playing in a solo mission seems to drastically reduce the likelyhood of it jamming as i played several missions before noticing the bug on a solo run. Could be linked to multiplayer synching maby? Or at least it seems to negativly contributle to it occuring.

My first five runs with the gun where solo and it bugged out in all five of them. The worst was my last mission where it bugged on the first reload.

Tried fixes here and nothing worked.

It was random when the bug would occur.  Sometimes I would be interrupted during its reload (casting an ability, being knocked down, swapping weapons) and it would break.  Sometimes it would just stop firing in the middle of a clip and break there.
Fastest was when I was hosting a private mission with friends.  Got 4 shots out and it just stopped working.  Great way to start a survival run.

I've tried to make sure I don't attempt to fire it while its reloading but it still suffers the bug.
Even if you never let the ammo completely run out it can still bug out.  One of my friends carefully only fired 6 shots each time and his still broke after 5 minutes of usage.

This bug is on our list of things we'd love to fix, but we're having trouble making it actually happen. Have people gotten this with sentinels as well as cats? Does it still happen with no companion equipped at all? Does it still happen if you take all the mods off the weapon? Does it still happen if you're alone in a mission? Does it still happen if you take off your other weapons? I'm hoping that by pooling information from Tenno in the field we can narrow down the cause by process of elimination.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

This bug is on our list of things we'd love to fix, but we're having trouble making it actually happen. Have people gotten this with sentinels as well as cats? Does it still happen with no companion equipped at all? Does it still happen if you take all the mods off the weapon? Does it still happen if you're alone in a mission? Does it still happen if you take off your other weapons? I'm hoping that by pooling information from Tenno in the field we can narrow down the cause by process of elimination.

I've had this happen with a smeeta equipped. Haven't tried with no companions equipped yet. I'll try that right now though.

12 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

i can confirm that it happens when solo in a mission

edit*
could not reproduce with no mods equipped

Edited by CandyManCriminal

16 minutes ago, CandyManCriminal said:

i can confirm that it happens when solo in a mission

edit*
could not reproduce with no mods equipped

Post your build so they can replicate it with your exact conditions.

The warframe and also the companion and their builds will probably help.

And tell them how you're using it, are you holding own the button or are you spamming click, are you emptying the mag or just shooting a few and waiting for recharge, are you pressing reload key at any moment... are you using certain movements when it breaks, all the little details matter for such a bug... a bug that never happened to me personally, I played with it a bit, forma'd it a few times and never touched it since.

31 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

There's about 2% chance that the bug will occur under RNG conditions.

Of which, there's about 1.35% chance that you will have the right information to address it.

:-)

Jokes aside, is there a way that we can take a game state snapshot/log/data dump when it happens and send it over so that you don't have to try to do that guesswork?

41 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Does it still happen if you take off your other weapons?

I almost forgot to mention this, but yes it still happens without other weapons equipped. I've had this happen in hydron and it got jammed. Though i was in a public squad.

I remember my build being something like this when i did hydron last time about a week ago.
https://imgur.com/a/M4YoIbX

Edited by (XB1)Vaktalor

Bug happened for me after retrieving the Shedu after it was stolen. I had a Kavat and was playing alone in a public mission at the time it bugged. It prevented me from switching to my secondary weapon as well (Aksomati Prime) but not my melee weapon.

Il y a 2 heures, [DE]Momaw a dit :

It is probably related to fps issues host synching because on my bad machine It happen almost every mission except when i use It on the simulacrum. It is most likely also  related to using abilities during the reload

It is also what probably happens to heavy attack activating by themselves even when not holding E. Can the team also fix that for People with bad pc?

Edited by MunsuLight

7 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

I managed to reproduce the bug several times by forcing Warframe to run on a single CPU core, which makes the frame rate fairly erratic. Trained hunter-killer squads are now pursuing this bug.

What about the Ammo-restore-while-holstered-as-client bug? Can that get looked at?