Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Observations and Feedback on Rank 10 Engineer Remote Repair

Sean.bdfc

Notes and opinions:

(1) Each remote repair costs double the amount of Revolite than using the Omni.
I'm headlining this because nothing in the game tells me about the increased costs, and after such heavy investment it should be an all around upgrade over using the Omni.

(2) Only a single remote repair can be conducted at a time and other damage cannot be queued up for repair.
I think DE should reconsider this into a system that lets the players queue repair jobs if we can remotely repair only one thing at a time.

(3) It is possible to repair from outside the ship using Tactical 5 and switching the camera to someone inside.
I like the synergy with the Tactical tree and would like to see more creative synergies with other Intrinsics.

(4) I can remote repair even when occupying the pilot, gunner or artillery seat.
I like this feature a lot. I'm able to maintain damage output without worrying about getting in and out of my seat to perform repairs.

(5) On other player's ships, frequent bugs prevent remote repair jobs from finishing. In 7 out of 11 public games I eventually had to use the Omni tool to perform repairs.
This bug renders remote repairing unreliable and useless.

(6) In 11 public games so far, remote repair jobs causes a bug that breaks my ability to teleport around the ship per Tactical 3. The unstuck command and reviving do not fix this bug.
Same as #5.

(7) Electrical, fire, and minor breach damage takes five seconds to complete, while major breach damage takes ten seconds.
I'm overall okay with this, but it still bothers me that I cannot queue up repairs on other damage.

(8) This ability spawns Itzal 4 drones on the damage site to show that repairs are in progress.
I'm okay with this as well, but would rather see something that makes the remote repair site a lot more obvious to the players.

Demonstration video:

https://streamable.com/xs79y

Edited by Sean.bdfc
  • Like 3

Thanks for the information! It sounds like they have some very serious bugs to work out still. I'm only about to hit Rank 5 myself, as I've been spreading my points around.

I'm desperately hoping they do something about that Revolite cost...

Have you experienced the tactical ability Fire Suppression, and would you say it's useful? Is there a version for other repairs, or no?

Edited by DrakeWurrum

7 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Have you experienced the tactical ability Fire Suppression, and would you say it's useful? Is there a version for other repairs, or no?

Fire Suppression, despite the name, also covers electrical damage. I think it can be useful, but all types of damage are easy to repair and you'll want to save your avionics capacity for passive bonuses or battle avionics.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sean.bdfc said:

Fire Suppression, despite the name, also covers electrical damage. I think it can be useful, but all types of damage are easy to repair and you'll want to save your avionics capacity for passive bonuses or battle avionics.

Huh. But not Ruptures or Breaches? Good to know either way, and so far that's been my assessment on avionics capacity as well.

Hmm... Yeah, I have to agree with you. Remote repairs SHOULD NOT cost double the Revolite. They're already slower to do given the delay and the need to lock out your movement by opening the tactical menu. They don't need to also cost double. I also agree that it needs to be made obvious to everyone on the team that damage is being remotely repaired, both in the game world and on the map. In the game workd, I'd recommend using some kind of large glowing ball of energy in the ship's energy colour. On the map, I'd recommend just showing the circle filling up for all players on the team.

Thanks, now i can max my tactical tree without thinking engineering would have been better, this feels awful to use, in 10s i might as well TP back to ship then heal it and Tp back to another person of my squad ... for 512 intrinsics i thought rank 10 engineer would be insta repairing with the same revolite cost .. guess not. 

• Like 1

Heya

In my own experience with Engineer 10, Remote Repairs complete immediately after the timer when I Host, and are significantly delayed when I'm the Client.

The requirement to switch views to a Squad member on the Railjack before being able to use Remote Repair brings it's usefulness in Solo play into question.

I had thought that there would be an equivalent Flux cost instead of doubling the Revolite cost.

On 2019-12-21 at 6:09 AM, Sean.bdfc said:

(7) Electrical, fire, and minor breach damage takes five seconds to complete, while major breach damage takes ten seconds.

I'm overall okay with this, but it still bothers me that I cannot queue up repairs on other damage.

Somehow, that seems much worse than waiting until 20 seconds before failure and fixing it up within four seconds.

So the message here is that none of the Rank 10's are worth getting except maybe Tactical. I assume that DE will require Rank 10 intrinsic for access to something, so it's nice to know where to focus points. I really hate the speed bump levels that are all over the intrinsics trees.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Wow. Thanks for this. 

I just assumed we would be able to aim the omni from anywhere. This sounds terrible. 

I think for the insane intrinsic investment, the final skill should be a heck of a lot more impactful. 

Edited by IIDMOII