Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarthIronclad

Share your way of dealing with the insane ehp of railjack ground enemies.

What are your ways of dealing with the ground based railjack enemies...they are already know for having insane ehp

Taking a RJ Elite lancer,if the base level is 15(same as normal elite lancers),at level 90(should be highest RJ ground enemy level),it has a absurd ehp of 1715628!

A same level corrupted heavy gunner has an EHP of 1517822...basically a non heavy unit has more EHP than a heavy unit...

On to my personal way of dealing with the insane EHP values,i will go with inaros,using his 1 to blind the enemies,causing them to take stealth damage from melee weapons,at this point most melees properly build should be able to take them out fairly quickly due to the stealth damage bonus,i would recommend that the melee your choose can do red crits and 100% status with enough base crit ad status chance through the use of blood rush and weeping wounds. 

I personally ...

• ignore them if possible (see Crewship boarding) where I just focus the Reactor and then I'm out again
  • use a Viral Melee with high slash application (Destreza Prime is perfect for this).
  • use Crowd Control frames (e.g. Nova/Nyx)

I tend to use Valkyr's Hysteria for it. You are invincible and have reasonable damage. When that is not an option I find the Paracesis and CC works well.

For me:

- I run with Revenant (he's generally who I play in normal gameplay unless I feel bored of using him), and use his Mesmer Skin to ignore damage

- Run past them to the objective mostly, but if necessary melee them with my Nikana Prime. That usually only take a couple of attacks before they go down.

That's how I "deal with them" but there are definitely other methods

i cant believe they gave some of them over 1000 hp/level.

toxin makes short work of them. Toxin will penetrate 25% of the damage resistance from their armor so while it looks like its a lot of hp it really isn't. i would avoid damage over time status procs because they have a ton of hp and its faster to just club them.

Wukong, Khora, Atlas or Umbra and a viral+slash melee like Skiajati (or Nikana Prime if you have it), Kronen Prime or Nami Skyla Prime. Chop-chop ground beef grineer.

I generally use Excalibur (basic or umbra) with Chromatic blade, setup for Corrosive and Fire and 100% status chance.  With some attack speed (i.e. Berserker +56% crit chance, Gladiator's Vice) it'll strip armor fast enough.  The fact it has infinite pass through means you can strip the entire group fairly quickly.  Combine with a life strike and rage or hunter's adrenaline (or spoiler mode vazarin) to maintain health and energy.  Use Radial Blind or Radial Howl as needed to reduce incoming damage or get stealth multiplier backstab.

Grendel is pretty good here. just eat them. by the time he's out of energy and spits them out, their armor is stripped so you chop em up fast.

44 minutes ago, DarthIronclad said:

What are your ways of dealing with the ground based railjack enemies...they are already know for having insane ehp

Taking a RJ Elite lancer,if the base level is 15(same as normal elite lancers),at level 90(should be highest RJ ground enemy level),it has a absurd ehp of 1715628!

A same level corrupted heavy gunner has an EHP of 1517822...basically a non heavy unit has more EHP than a heavy unit...

On to my personal way of dealing with the insane EHP values,i will go with inaros,using his 1 to blind the enemies,causing them to take stealth damage from melee weapons,at this point most melees properly build should be able to take them out fairly quickly due to the stealth damage bonus,i would recommend that the melee your choose can do red crits and 100% status with enough base crit ad status chance through the use of blood rush and weeping wounds. 

I lock them down with Volt Prime Discharge and bypass defenses and kill the meat.  Headshots and quick-stacking Melee work.  Liches have trained us in this, tbh....lvl 4,5 Thralls, etc.

Excalibur.

Blind them, slash 'em. Don't use the Chromatic Blade augment tho. Rj enemies are impervious to slash and corrosive.

Apply roomwide status, Condition overload melee them into oblivion. a Toxin Paracesis and whatever status application gun you need to start the paintrain works well. They're still grotesquely tanky, but doable. I use Baruuk to sleep them so I can easily bypass or ignore them as well if desired.

I play Wisp to buff the away team, so I had to find a solution that didn't rely on a Warframe's powers.

Corrosive/Blast Amprex was that solution. Then just a single heavy attack.

Ivara Prime with Redeemer Prime and a silenced Aksomati Prime. First one benefits from stealth, second one benefits from headshot damage from Prowl.

Banshee is also a good option, with Silence to stun them and Sonar to delete them fast.

30 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I haven't really noticed that they are tanky.

Might be because you have godlike gear by now. I like to run fun builds most of the time (non meta without much forma) and they get laughably useless by the end of earth proxima.
Mind you that the same gear can take on 20 minutes of Mot before it turns into a pea shooter. (not much but still...)

The railjack troops are at least 3-5x stronger than starchart enemies of the same level.

Admittedly I've not reached the Veil yet but thus far through Saturn I've found every melee weapon I've brought with had no issue killing things, even one's that were missing mods.

I've also been running Counter Pulse Mag for all my missions; Polarize works wonders in these missions and Magnetize deals with fresh boarding parties almost instantly.

19 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Might be because you have godlike gear by now. I like to run fun builds most of the time (non meta without much forma) and they get laughably useless by the end of earth proxima.
Mind you that the same gear can take on 20 minutes of Mot before it turns into a pea shooter. (not much but still...)

The railjack troops are at least 3-5x stronger than starchart enemies of the same level.

For reference, a level 60 Kosma Elite Lancer is as tough to kill as a level 120 (Standard) Elite Lancer.

...This is still Earth level to RJ.  The idea is that there are overall fewer ground troops to deal with so they need to be a little tougher, but the way their scaling works they quickly become absurd (also for reference, IIRC the difference between a level 100 standard lancer and a level 120 is effectively double the ehp.)

Redeemer Prime, but mostly I ignore them since their scaling is so goddamn bad, and they don't drop anything good, so dealing with them is a complete waste of time.

32 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Magus lockdown.

No seriously.

If you’re doing that, might use Naramon. Void dash to trigger the lockdown, then switch back to the frame and press X.